H18sry
31-03-2011, 04:31 PM
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6844710,00.html

Wont hold my breath waiting on it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/12925272.stm

Hibercelona
31-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Pretty daft from the SFA I think.

If they were going to apologize, they would have done it without the request of the all mighty SFA.

Best just to let it blow over and move on.

H18sry
31-03-2011, 05:04 PM

If they were going to apologize, they would have done it without the request of the all mighty SFA.

Would you be happy to be called a racist? Because that's what he called all the Scotland fans at the game on Sunday,and besmirched our worldwide reputation. :agree:

Hibercelona
31-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Would you be happy to be called a racist? Because that's what he called all the Scotland fans at the game on Sunday,and besmirched our worldwide reputation. :agree:

Of course not. But they're the only ones accusing us of racism, no other country is, so they're just making themselves look foolish.

I just think we should be showing a little bit more class and not make a bigger thing out of this. Sticks and stones and all that. :agree:

H18sry
31-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Of course not. But they're the only ones accusing us of racism, no other country is, so they're just making themselves look foolish.

I just think we should be showing a little bit more class and not make a bigger thing out of this. Sticks and stones and all that. :agree:

On the same theory then "mud sick's" :wink:

ancient hibee
31-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Better watch out or SFA and Tartan Army will be charged with pretending to be connected to a football team.

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2011, 06:30 PM

Can't agree. Brazil are a "big team", and it's the nature of things that people will remember what they say rather than what the facts are.

To be accused of racism is pretty damning, especially in football circles these days, so it would be classy of Brazil to admit the error.

Hibercelona
31-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Can't agree. Brazil are a "big team", and it's the nature of things that people will remember what they say rather than what the facts are.

To be accused of racism is pretty damning, especially in football circles these days, so it would be classy of Brazil to admit the error.

It would be, but they aren't going to. They aren't going to change their minds now, just because we've denied it. Which makes me believe that the request for an apology is utterly pointless. The SFA know that they aren't going to apologize.

Regardless of how big a team Brazil are, nobody else is caring. No other country is pointing the finger at us and calling us racists, its just them.

If we had just left it there, that would have been the end off it.

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2011, 06:51 PM
It would be, but they aren't going to. They aren't going to change their minds now, just because we've denied it. Which makes me believe that the request for an apology is utterly pointless. The SFA know that they aren't going to apologize.

...it's not just that, though, is it? The Met have backed us up.

Hibercelona
31-03-2011, 06:55 PM

Exactly. So we know we havent been racist and so does everybody else.

So who cares what mince the Brazilians spout. They have nothing on us at all.

So lets just put it behind us and move on.

Hibs Class
31-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I think it's great. At last the SFA have, in Regan, somebody with a real sense of right and wrong and the initiative and courage to stick his neck out and make a stand. Once he's sorted out the South Americans I'm sure it will be just a matter of time before he is equally enthusiastic in sorting out the racists and bigots closer to home. :rolleyes:

Saorsa
31-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Regardless of how big a team Brazil are, nobody else is caring. No other country is pointing the finger at us and calling us racists, its just them.

If we had just left it there, that would have been the end off it.

Exactly. So we know we havent been racist and so does everybody else.

So who cares what mince the Brazilians spout. They have nothing on us at all.

So lets just put it behind us and move on.He made an unfounded allegation which has been proven tae be totally wrong. He/They should apologise without question IMO.

I certainly dinnae think we'll hear anything from the player because IMO I think he knew exactly what he was doing when he played the racism card, he was trying tae deflect attention away from his own performance. Too bad he was too stupid tae realise who was in what part of the ground when he accused the Scots fans of throwing the banana, he knows too why he was bing booed, it was for play acting and cheating.

essexhibee
31-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Well played the sfa. The reputation of our quite frankly brilliant support was put at risk by this numpty.

Anyone people we came into contact with in london (foreign barstaff, tourists , police) all said how great our fans are and this reputation needs to be defended.

Frogga
31-03-2011, 08:33 PM
To the SFA I give you - :top marks

JimBHibees
01-04-2011, 09:05 AM

Yes and also the identification of who threw the banana. Neymar should apologise now and it should be publicised as widely as his now proven to be wrong allegation was.