PDA

View Full Version : Mixu (Appointed New Manager Of Finland)

Auckland Hibs
31-03-2011, 06:28 AM
New boss of Finland :agree:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3501251/Mixu-is-new-boss-of-Finland.html

Good luck to him :flag:

CB_NO3
31-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Thats Killie finished then. Going to loose all their good players and their manager. Shame really, good news for Hibs though.

R'Albin
31-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Well done mixu:thumbsup:

That's killie Donald ducked:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
31-03-2011, 07:07 AM
All the best to the big man :agree:

He's definitely developed as a manager since his Hibs days

brydekirk
31-03-2011, 07:12 AM
:agree:
All the best to the big man :agree:

Jim44
31-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Congratulations, Mixu, if that's what you really want. Mixu always struck me as a proper football club manager who revelled in 'hands-on' seven days a week job and not a part-time dabbler. Still, maybe he wants to improve his golf handicap. :greengrin

oneone73
31-03-2011, 07:17 AM

Or could it be he had to work with a bunch of shysters and imposters at ER? And only a mass clear-out would have worked?
Well done big Mixu. You deserved better than what you were subjected to at Hibs.

scott7_0(Prague)
31-03-2011, 07:17 AM
This is the hard part for me....

He didn't have any other job in football after Hibs before going to Kilmarnock, so how the hell did he develop.

Was it the fact that he did not have a pack of hungry wolves hunting him down due to lower expectations - the fans??

Was it the board, giving him time to build his own team???

Tha Cabbage Kid
31-03-2011, 07:26 AM
:wink:
New boss of Finland :agree:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3501251/Mixu-is-new-boss-of-Finland.html

Good luck to him :flag:

thats tight on killie. imagine if we were scraping about the bottom end of the league all the time and the one chance we get to go for top six and potentially europe and then suddenly not even the end of one season you loose the one good thing making it all good. good luck to killie but obviously hibs come first

Tha Cabbage Kid
31-03-2011, 07:27 AM
:wink:

thats tight on killie. imagine if we were scraping about the bottom end of the league all the time and the one chance we get to go for top six and potentially europe and then suddenly not even the end of one season you loose the one good thing making it all good. good luck to killie but obviously hibs come first

i correct my post!!!! just read the article and it says he might stay until end of season! silly me.

CallumLaidlaw
31-03-2011, 07:29 AM

He didn't have any other job in football after Hibs before going to Kilmarnock, so how the hell did he develop.

Was it the fact that he did not have a pack of hungry wolves hunting him down due to lower expectations - the fans??

He said himself, after he left hibs, he took time to look at his style, then travel round europe watching other managers styles, how different teams trained, etc, and this changed his management philosophy

At least he wasnt too stubborn to think that it might be the way he done things that wasnt working (ala Yogi)

steakbake
31-03-2011, 07:49 AM
When mixu left hibs, it was the right thing to happen. Some of the dross we were turning out was simply woeful. Tactically naive, unable to change approach during the game etc. He was shown up by csaba bloody laslo for god's sake! It looks like some time out the game, learning and coming back with a new approach has worked though he hasnt completed a full season. Good luck to him but i think the self flagellation on our part is not needed.

lapsedhibee
31-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Think he and Jarkko :not worth were at ER together for a short time. Wonder if he'll call him in to the set-up for a bit of stealth coaching? Or could Jarkko still do a job for the national team as a player? I don't think advancing age will have much withered his contribution.

Mixu62
31-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Good luck to the big fella. Wonder what the odds are on Finland qualifying for the next World Cup?

hibs0666
31-03-2011, 08:52 AM
When mixu left hibs, it was the right thing to happen. Some of the dross we were turning out was simply woeful. Tactically naive, unable to change approach during the game etc. He was shown up by csaba bloody laslo for god's sake! It looks like some time out the game, learning and coming back with a new approach has worked though he hasnt completed a full season. Good luck to him but i think the self flagellation on our part is not needed.

Are managers not able to grow and develop at Hibs then? Sacking Mixu will prove to be a huge mistake for Hibs as his managerial talent becomes ever-more apparent in the future.

Stevie Reid
31-03-2011, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=CallumLaidlaw;2768407]He said himself, after he left hibs, he took time to look at his style, then travel round europe watching other managers styles, how different teams trained, etc, and this changed his management philosophy[QUOTE]

Ian Holloway did the same after he was sacked by Leicester, travelled the world taking in games and observing different teams' training methods - when he came back he said that his philosophy changed from setting his teams out not to lose games, to trying to win absolutely every game. It's made quite a difference to both managers.

All the best Mixu, I wish you nothing but success.

Part/Time Supporter
31-03-2011, 09:22 AM

When did this happen?

:confused:

Speedway
31-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Stuart Baxter to Killie?

WindyMiller
31-03-2011, 11:09 AM
SSN "understands" Mixu will resign from Killie to-day.

steakbake
31-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Are managers not able to grow and develop at Hibs then? Sacking Mixu will prove to be a huge mistake for Hibs as his managerial talent becomes ever-more apparent in the future.

...But his managerial talent wasn't apparent for us when we needed it.

In as much as people like to moan that we drive managers and players out, this constant harking back to what could have happened does nothing to help those who are there now either. If only we'd kept Mixu... if only we'd given Hughes more time... if only we'd kept Fletcher, O'Conner etc etc - it's nonsense because none of it is realistic. Move on.

I expect Mixu might be the first to say that getting canned from Hibs is what has made him the manager he is turning in to today?

As for Lazlo outwitting him: I would suggest the 2-0 Scottish Cup defeat at ER was just one example of how easily outwitted a Mixu Paatelainen hibs team could be. We were absolutely useless that day and he could offer nothing to change it.

ForrieGreen
31-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Yogi for killie job then, he'll keep them in a good position until the transfer window.

Part/Time Supporter
31-03-2011, 11:52 AM
...But his managerial talent wasn't apparent for us when we needed it.

In as much as people like to moan that we drive managers and players out, this constant harking back to what could have happened does nothing to help those who are there now either. If only we'd kept Mixu... if only we'd given Hughes more time... if only we'd kept Fletcher, O'Conner etc etc - it's nonsense because none of it is realistic. Move on.

I expect Mixu might be the first to say that getting canned from Hibs is what has made him the manager he is turning in to today?

As for Lazlo outwitting him: I would suggest the 2-0 Scottish Cup defeat at ER was just one example of how easily outwitted a Mixu Paatelainen hibs team could be. We were absolutely useless that day and he could offer nothing to change it.

My recollection of that game was that it was a stodgy 0-0 (like the game at the PBS a week earlier) until Fletcher launched himself into a stupid challenge on Berra and was sent off. Maka gifted Hertz the opening goal before half-time and the pattern of the game was then set.

Gatecrasher
31-03-2011, 11:55 AM
not if CC becomes a success

Dunbar Hibee
31-03-2011, 11:57 AM
My recollection of that game was that it was a stodgy 0-0 (like the game at the PBS a week earlier) until Fletcher launched himself into a stupid challenge on Berra and was sent off. Maka gifted Hertz the opening goal before half-time and the pattern of the game was then set.

:agree:. The Fletcher sending off changed that game.

DAVE1875
31-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Good luck Mixu :thumbsup:

steakbake
31-03-2011, 12:08 PM

I wish Mixu all the best, but I don't really think he showed anything of his potential while at Hibs. There is nothing which makes me regret he's not still with us apart from the romantic notion that it would have been nice if it worked out.

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 12:08 PM
:agree:. The Fletcher sending off changed that game.

And what did mixu do to sort it out when we were losing?

silverhibee
31-03-2011, 12:11 PM
SSN saying Mixu has left Killie.

Speedway
31-03-2011, 12:23 PM

Wait a minute, weren't you one of the posters (I have a list somewhere) who reckoned he was called Mixup - The Fat Finn Clown Bufoon Tactically Clueless Idiot?

iwasthere1972
31-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Good luck Mixu.

vanNISHtelroy
31-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Good luck Mixu!

You gave us one of the best seasons I can remember seeing as a Killie fan.

In Mixu We Trusted, In Kenny We Trust.

Sylar
31-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Time to raid Killie - Hammil and Eremenko to the Cabbage :greengrin

heretoday
31-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Coach of Finland? Nice work if you can get it!

He'll get bored and be back in club management before too long.

SteveHFC
31-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Good Luck Mixu!

soupy
31-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Aye hope Ye do well big guy.

silverhibee
31-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Good luck Mixu!

You gave us one of the best seasons I can remember seeing as a Killie fan.

In Mixu We Trusted, In Kenny We Trust.

Yogi for Killie. :taxi

Greentinted
31-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Good luck to the man.
Hibs came along at the wrong time of his apprenticeship but he's kept going and fair play to him. If he had stayed with us, he wouldn't have developed as he has, so the divorce has benefited both parties. Colin has us stabilising on the right road and the big guy has taken his learning along another one.

Always liked him as human being, and wish him all the very best.

Bishop Hibee
31-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Good luck to a Hibs man.

In retrospect, the expectation on Mixu after the attacking team Mowbray put out and Collin's team winning the league Cup was too much. The board knew the club couldn't afford to keep him on due to the drop in ST sales and they then chose the disaster that was Yogi.

I hope we have learnt as Hibs fans to be careful what we wish for but given the hounding CC has taken already from some fans I doubt some ever will.

RoxburghHibs
31-03-2011, 03:14 PM
And Dean Shiels old man is in temporary charge for tis weekends game.

Good luck to him also :o)

vanNISHtelroy
31-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Kilmarnock Football Club announces the departure of its Manager, Mixu Paatelainen.

Following careful consideration, Mixu has decided that the honour of managing his national team is one which he cannot refuse. He will take up his duties with the Finnish FA with immediate effect.

Mixu's short reign at Kilmarnock has witnessed a dramatic improvement in the club's fortunes in the SPL. Several club records have been broken, including longest scoring run in a league campaign. Our travelling support has been treated to a feast of attacking football which has yielded more goals than any other club away from home, bar one.

Seldom can a manager have achieved legendary status in eight months, but the fans' slogan "In Mixu we trust" says it all.

Mixu

None of this has been achieved by luck. Mixu's tireless work ethic, tactical awareness and depth of knowledge, underscored by a professional approach to all aspects of his work, have delivered his recent success. He is also a great motivator of those around him and all of the club's first team backroom staff, in particular, Kenny Shiels, Alex Macqueen, Billy Thomson and Peter Logan, will testify to this.

At no time has the Club's financial position been an issue with Mixu, either in the context of his personal terms or the budget available for players. Indeed, he has shown that by the application of advanced sports science and astute tactics, it was possible to get improved performances from players who have been at the club for several seasons. Many of Mixu's successes this season have been achieved with nine of the starting eleven coming from last season's squad.

Carefully negotiated loan signings and the acquisition of an eclectic group of free transfers from around Europe have further strengthened the squad.

Mixu leaves with the club's first team squad in good health, in all respects.

Assistant first team manager, Kenny Shiels, will take charge of the club's preparations for its forthcoming SPL matches.

In closing, I wish to record my personal thanks to Mixu for the manner in which he has conducted himself throughout his time at Kilmarnock, always positive, open to discussion and never complaining of any lack of resource, and to wish him every success in his new role as national team manager of Finland. His charming wife and children, his parents and brothers will be justly proud of this honour.

Michael Johnston,
Chairman,
Kilmarnock Football Club.
31st March, 2011.

Not a massive fan of Michael Johnston but his appointment of Mixu and what he says here shows him in a good light

PapillonVert
31-03-2011, 06:13 PM

You didn't mention crap, unmotivated players more interested in their time off (i.e boozing and clubbing) than in training and working hard (this is a generalisation, I know).

Had you done so, I might have been nodding my head in agreement.

Anyway, good luck to Mixu. Still a Hibee legend for me. :flag:

Moulin Yarns
31-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Blimey, we must be doing something right :confused:

That is 2 former Hibs managers now managing/coaching national sides :thumbsup:

RickyS
31-03-2011, 08:41 PM
You didn't mention crap, unmotivated players more interested in their time off (i.e boozing and clubbing) than in training and working hard (this is a generalisation, I know).

Had you done so, I might have been nodding my head in agreement.

Anyway, good luck to Mixu. Still a Hibee legend for me. :flag:

i second that, maybe one day we could try again:greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
01-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Dunno who I want to replace Mixu, but theres some -not many- who want John Collins as the next manager of Killie!

NO THANKS!

500miles
01-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Mixu had a massive job on his hands at Hibs. We were on a slippery slope. Division between players and management, players and players, and a team who's top players were thinking about thier next move.

Say what you like about Colin Nish and John Rankin, they were the type of players that came in and levelled us out. Perhaps not on the level of achievement we would have liked, but well above the depths we could have plunged to.

Yeah, he made his mistakes, but much like young players, young managers will do that.

He went away and looked at other teams training and tactics WHILE he was Hibs manager, so he still would have developed.

Too many fans expected too much, too quick, and Hibs have ended up looking rather foolish.

JimBHibees
01-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Dunno who I want to replace Mixu, but theres some -not many- who want John Collins as the next manager of Killie!

NO THANKS!

I think you should give it to Deano's dad.

RickyS
01-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Mixu had a massive job on his hands at Hibs. We were on a slippery slope. Division between players and management, players and players, and a team who's top players were thinking about thier next move.

Say what you like about Colin Nish and John Rankin, they were the type of players that came in and levelled us out. Perhaps not on the level of achievement we would have liked, but well above the depths we could have plunged to.

Yeah, he made his mistakes, but much like young players, young managers will do that.

He went away and looked at other teams training and tactics WHILE he was Hibs manager, so he still would have developed.

Too many fans expected too much, too quick, and Hibs have ended up looking rather foolish.

agree with most of that mate and I was one of those who wanted him out.

RickyS
01-04-2011, 03:12 PM

NO THANKS!

you lot could do a lot worse, theres not many you could afford who will continue to play football the way mixu did.
got a feeling you will end up with Yogi tho

hibee4life1983
01-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I thought mixu was very average as our manager, I was kinda hoping he would take nish bk to killie, basteward. good luck to him though.

lapsedhibee
01-04-2011, 04:19 PM

Plenty has already been said about those two, but are you actually saying here that they saved the club in some way? :confused:

NOLA
01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
who saw this coming 2 years ago! good luck to mixu:flag:

vanNISHtelroy
01-04-2011, 04:25 PM
you lot could do a lot worse, theres not many you could afford who will continue to play football the way mixu did.
got a feeling you will end up with Yogi tho

Would be quite happy with Kenny Shiels for now, until the end of the season anyway to prove himself.