PDA

View Full Version : NHC One for those toon fans who want Ashley gone...

Hibs On Tour
30-03-2011, 07:20 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12912826.stm

Stuck another £42m into the club in interest free loans last year. Club would be dead in the water without him.

Be careful what you wish for...

Bostonhibby
30-03-2011, 07:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12912826.stm

Stuck another £42m into the club in interest free loans last year. Club would be dead in the water without him.

Be careful what you wish for...

:agree: It's hobsons choice.

An owner who holds all the assetts/debts and can decide when to go, who to sell, how to distribute the money, who to pay, who not to. I can't imagine it would happen at any other club:wink:

In the Newcastle model I think Ashley still sees a possibility of recovering some or all of his money, or maybe better, I think that his problem might be if he didn't keep it afloat in the hope of better economic time and an upturn in the clubs fortunes, he would take a far bigger loss. That said he has thick skin/is a brave gambler!

seanraff07
30-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I think we should just concentrate on staying up this season before we think about getting a European place :rolleyes:

joejoefaemexico
30-03-2011, 09:34 PM
although going down to championship was a killer in way of telly money, Newcastle still had regular full houses and maintained a heavy traveling support.

a lot of the money troubles at Newcastle have been down to mismanagement, huge contracts being offered to squad players/duds.

must remember that this £42m doesn't include the £35m they brought in for carroll.

Hibbie_Cameron
30-03-2011, 09:42 PM
although going down to championship was a killer in way of telly money, Newcastle still had regular full houses and maintained a heavy traveling support.

a lot of the money troubles at Newcastle have been down to mismanagement, huge contracts being offered to squad players/duds.

must remember that this £42m doesn't include the £35m they brought in for carroll.

Or the estimated £60 million gained for being promoted and the subsequent tv deals.

The man is still an idiot and i still cant stand him. He bought the club without looking at the club accounts and promised them £100 million to spend on transfers before he even knew the financal state of the club.

I could go on but id be here until christmas

Hibs On Tour
31-03-2011, 01:11 AM
My own view is that the previous lot are more to blame for the state the club is in that MA is and for my money he gets a lot more stick than he deserves. Yes, he is a twat and clearly its a plaything for him and he knows **** all about football but I think its also clear he does have some feeling for the club, otherwise why keep lumping large sums in?

I think too many of the Toon support still see life thru some strange tinted glasses where they think they could have got by without him for the past few years.

Just Jimmy
31-03-2011, 08:12 AM
having watched Rod take flack for years only for us to be now, arguably, in the best finacial position in the country, part of me thinks his model is right.

In this market you cannot turn down 35million for anyone really. however, its the lack of sense that gets me. Liverpool knew theyd sell Torres, so they had replacements lined up. Why not have replacements ready IF a bid came for Carroll etc.

The model works, young hungry with sell on value etc. It's the way it's been implimented. He/his lackys never communicate with the fans properly and when they do, it's just contradicted weeks later either by themselves or media reports etc.

His decisions over managers have been ridiculous and he seems to undermine whenever things seem to be ok. Regardless of his ability as a manager, his treatment of Alan Shearer was disgusting to say the least. His treatment of Kevin Keegan was ridiculous, bringing in Denis Wise to undermine him. His appointment of a classless, out of date dinosaur in Joe Kinear, was so out of touch with football that everyone was baffled.

He finally seemed to have settled and got it right when he let Chris Hughton have the job fulltime. The squad and fans were united, the fans were begining to buy into his philosophy as mentioned, they he fired Hughton for no reason, following with another job for the boys and appointed Alan Pardew.

The philosophy behind running the club, ie clearing debt, sorting accounts and investing in yound talent with sell on value is correct.

Ashley however, is a grade A tit, and is never the man to impliment it in a million years.