PDA

View Full Version : Fans going on Sunday - Especially Hibs 12th Man

frazeHFC
30-03-2011, 04:41 PM
I am sick of coming away from derbies and Yams saying to me "i never heard you sing once" and all that rubbish.

So on Sunday we need to outsing them for 90 minutes. Winning or not, even if a goal down, we need to be 100% behind the team and outsing those manky pink shirted poofs.

If you have a scarf bring it for when SOL is sung at the start, and hopefully at some point during the game by the 12th Man.

Come on Hibs!

:flag::cgwa:flag:

California-Hibs
30-03-2011, 05:25 PM
The stadium should always look fantastic for SOL at a derby but so many times its ben a let down. Bring a scarf with you and get it raised! It looks fantastic as we experienced at the 07 final!

seanraff07
30-03-2011, 05:29 PM
I am sick of coming away from derbies and Yams saying to me "i never heard you sing once" and all that rubbish.

So on Sunday we need to outsing them for 90 minutes. Winning or not, even if a goal down, we need to be 100% behind the team and outsing those manky pink shirted poofs.

If you have a scarf bring it for when SOL is sung at the start, and hopefully at some point during the game by the 12th Man.

Come on Hibs!

:flag::cgwa:flag:

Think you mean the Singing Section in the East mate, the 12th Man is our whole support, everyone going to the game are the 12th Man and to be honest everyone going should do everything they can to get behind the team. And don't worry i can assure you the Singing Section will be bouncing, we need to do everything we can to make sure they Yams don't outsing us!

frazeHFC
30-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Think you mean the Singing Section in the East mate, the 12th Man is our whole support, everyone going to the game are the 12th Man and to be honest everyone going should do everything they can to get behind the team. And don't worry i can assure you the Singing Section will be bouncing, we need to do everything we can to make sure they Yams don't outsing us!

That's the spirit. And yeah i mean singing section. I just always tend to call it Hibs 12th Man as that is what started the great singing section. :thumbsup:

marinello59
30-03-2011, 07:18 PM
I was planning on taking a puzzle book to pass the time. I will make an effort though. If we score could somebody give me a nudge and I will attempt a wee cheer.

Littlest Hobo
30-03-2011, 08:22 PM
I think more than a few fans are absolutely pissed off at giving their full backing over the years and more in these derby games only to be let down by players who are over paid and have no feeling for what these games are all about. Hence we struggle to sell all our tickets for what is the biggest game in our season.

About time our players showed some passion for these games, let's see how up for it they are, because on too many occasions over the years the Hearts players have wanted more than us.

I know more than a few Hibs "fans" who don't go anymore simply because they have been let down too many times.
There is only one way to get those "lost supporters back, start winning!!

greenlex
30-03-2011, 09:39 PM
I was planning on taking a puzzle book to pass the time. I will make an effort though. If we score could somebody give me a nudge and I will attempt a wee cheer.

I will forego the usual millers Pandrops and get some individually wrapped Werthers originals in an effort to make some noise.

Ps I actually just realised what a great word Pandrop is.

RIP
30-03-2011, 10:12 PM
That's the spirit. And yeah i mean singing section. I just always tend to call it Hibs 12th Man as that is what started the great singing section. :thumbsup:

The Hibstorians among you will know that it was actually the other way round Fraze. The East Stand Singing Section initiative that was created in March 2010 spawned H12M in July 2010. No that any of that matters noo - what matters is that we Hibbies are a much more positive bunch these days. The Happy Clappers are now in the majority and it's cool to sing and act radge :thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
31-03-2011, 08:26 AM
I will forego the usual millers Pandrops and get some individually wrapped Werthers originals in an effort to make some noise.

And absolute belters of sweeties they are too! :agree:

My Dad used to buy these when I was a kid so they've definately been around for years and haven't really changed very much over a long period of time! :greengrin

dangermouse
31-03-2011, 08:50 AM

Pandrop's! What a great sweetie from my childhood. Whatever happened to Aztec Bars? :dunno:

Back on topic (see what I did there :greengrin) really looking forward to the game and as my wife will be sitting in my season ticket seat it leaves me free to belt out songs in full without having to censor them for my son's sake.

Golden Bear
31-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Aye - duty calls.

I've cried off my scheduled game of golf and just purchased a ticket for the East.

Bring it on.

:flag:

truehibernian
31-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Pandrop's! What a great sweetie from my childhood. Whatever happened to Aztec Bars? :dunno:

Back on topic (see what I did there :greengrin) really looking forward to the game and as my wife will be sitting in my season ticket seat it leaves me free to belt out songs in full without having to censor them for my son's sake.

Aztec Bars were indeed nice, as were Nuttys, Splicers and Texan bars.........I might just have to take some Space Dust and keep my mouth open as I pour a wee mound on my tongue, just to crank up the atmosphere. Just in case the clapping stops.

Beefster
31-03-2011, 02:23 PM
The OP should maybe not take everything his lying bawbag Yam mates tell him at face value.

"We never heard the Hibs fans sing during the game" - give me strength. That's about as likely as there not being 20 Union flags in Yam end on Sunday.

frazeHFC
31-03-2011, 02:45 PM
The OP should maybe not take everything his lying bawbag Yam mates tell him at face value.

"We never heard the Hibs fans sing during the game" - give me strength. That's about as likely as there not being 20 Union flags in Yam end on Sunday.

I know it's not true but i am just emphasizing why i for one want to make sure they know they were outsung.

murraymckirdy
31-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Never mind scarfs
Bring your voices!!
But scarfs are also a brill idea :D :flag::flag::flag:
We have too got one over on these yams!! coz its been a wee while since we have beaten them :/
Big turnout hopefully and singing the whole match no matter the score just like we were against the huns at ER this season :aok::greengrin
CALDERWOOD'S GREEN AND WHITE ARMY!!
GGTTH

WarringtonHibee
31-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Get yourselves some green crepe paper streamers, they're 24 metres long, and there's a place called Party Mania on West Nicolson St that sells them for £1.50 each. :thumbsup:

linlithgowhibbie
31-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Its my wifes first visit to the singing section, honestly don't know how she will cope!:cgwa:cgwa Row L

mickki40
01-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Hiya all, I have been working all week on a plan for this Derby. It will be awesome to see. I have informed skysports and soccer a.m. plus the local papers etc. I wanna ask you all to get some colour into the ground. SOL will be played at approx 12.38. Keep your eye on section 43/44 east stand at this time. Massive noise is needed. The singing section will be going for the full 90 minutes. Win Lose or Draw. Tell all your friends who never sing to make an exception this derby. Too many times we fall flat at the Big Games and too many people sit on their hands thinking someone else will do it. Not this time, It's everybodys job to sing for the team, if the team are poor on the pitch it's very easy for us to criticise them, let's not give the team any excuses as to our performance. This Sunday, I believe that there will be a turning point in the way people support at Derbies in future. We have the passion, we just need to make sure it manifests itself on the stands. SINGING SECTION, you know what we must do. GGTTH

marinello59
01-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Hiya all, I have been working all week on a plan for this Derby. It will be awesome to see. I have informed skysports and soccer a.m. plus the local papers etc. I wanna ask you all to get some colour into the ground. SOL will be played at approx 12.38. Keep your eye on section 43/44 east stand at this time. Massive noise is needed. The singing section will be going for the full 90 minutes. Win Lose or Draw. Tell all your friends who never sing to make an exception this derby. Too many times we fall flat at the Big Games and too many people sit on their hands thinking someone else will do it. Not this time, It's everybodys job to sing for the team, if the team are poor on the pitch it's very easy for us to criticise them, let's not give the team any excuses as to our performance. This Sunday, I believe that there will be a turning point in the way people support at Derbies in future. We have the passion, we just need to make sure it manifests itself on the stands. SINGING SECTION, you know what we must do. GGTTH

The power of the internet. I always wondered what to do at these games. It's the team in Green we shout for, is that right?

greenlex
01-04-2011, 07:08 AM

I appreciate the effort but always find singing and sucking Werthers originals tricky.

Luna_Asylum
01-04-2011, 07:53 AM

Well done. Keep up the good work. Power to 12thMan/SingingSection

frazeHFC
01-04-2011, 08:04 AM

Everyone, not just the singing section. :wink:

brydekirk
01-04-2011, 08:26 AM
:agree:
Everyone, not just the singing section. :wink: