PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Sales

Sammy7nil
30-03-2011, 11:28 AM
I forecast a sharp reduction in sales, despite the good offer of a PP and cup tickets.

Between myself, friends, their kids and nephews etc 18 previous ST holders that sat with "our" crowd no longer go this decline has been happening since Mowbray's time.

I was shocked when I counted up how many friends no longer go. Okay the kids were not paying full price but this is a net loss of around £4000 on tickets before you look at merchandise etc.

I think the knew stand will cause a significant drop in ST sales as you can now stroll up and get 10 seats side by side for 90% of games and I dont think we will sell out the ground any time soon.

Anyone know how sales are going?

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I forecast a sharp reduction in sales, despite the good offer of a PP and cup tickets.

Between myself, friends, their kids and nephews etc 18 previous ST holders that sat with "our" crowd no longer go this decline has been happening since Mowbray's time.

I was shocked when I counted up how many friends no longer go. Okay the kids were not paying full price but this is a net loss of around £4000 on tickets before you look at merchandise etc.

I think the knew stand will cause a significant drop in ST sales as you can now stroll up and get 10 seats side by side for 90% of games and I dont think we will sell out the ground any time soon.

Anyone know how sales are going?

Have not heard of any figures, unfortunately I too have heard of numerous non renewals and the "will just pick my games as it's easy to get a ticket" comment.

The Harp Awakes
30-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Have not heard of any figures, unfortunately I too have heard of numerous non renewals and the "will just pick my games as it's easy to get a ticket" comment.

I think there will be a good few 12-14 year olds who won't renew (or their parents won't renew) their ST this year as the price has increased ~ 25% due to the introduction of the Hibs Future scheme. Increasing charges to £170 (£120 for a family ticket) for a 12-14 year old in the West/East seems a big mistake by the Club particularly when you think that many of the 16-18 year olds who are paying the same price, could be earning a living.

Removed
30-03-2011, 01:43 PM
I think there will be a good few 12-14 year olds who won't renew (or their parents won't renew) their ST this year as the price has increased ~ 25% due to the introduction of the Hibs Future scheme. Increasing charges to £170 (£120 for a family ticket) for a 12-14 year old in the West/East seems a big mistake by the Club particularly when you think that many of the 16-18 year olds who are paying the same price, could be earning a living.

My oldest will be 12 in April and I haven't renewed his ST. He has golf lessons on a Sunday afternoon so misses quite a few games plus he often says he doesn't want to go. The fact that it went up in price made it an easier decision for me. Had it stayed at this seasons price I'd have just renewed and tried harder to encourage him.

Keith_M
30-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Does the new price for the 12-14s apply to the FF as well? I realise this won't be popular with everybody, though, as it means accompanying parents sitting behind the golas. Not everyone's cup of tea.

Personally, I'd shift the dedicated Family section to another stand and change the FF Lower to terracing, but I can't see that being allowed anytime soon.

Removed
30-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Does the new price for the 12-14s apply to the FF as well?

:agree: We're in the FF lower now