PDA

View Full Version : Media metro newspaper

Matty_Jack04
30-03-2011, 08:45 AM
calderwood quoted as saying several first team players have been told contracts wont b renewed and also saying no names will be given as to who these guys are at the time being.

Got to question the timing of this announcement to be honest, hearts sunday celtic wednesday and still a slim chance of a top 6 finish.

I trust calderwoods judgement none the less and it makes for an exciting summer of recruitment from a fans point of veiw

CallumLaidlaw
30-03-2011, 08:59 AM
they were probably told weeks ago to be honest.

Also, probably not many of our first 11 in this bracket.

Whoever has been told will have their agent working for them, so clubs will be watching them already, so they will need to try and impress potential new clubs if they do get any game time.

jdships
30-03-2011, 09:03 AM
calderwood quoted as saying several first team players have been told contracts wont b renewed and also saying no names will be given as to who these guys are at the time being.

Got to question the timing of this announcement to be honest, hearts sunday celtic wednesday and still a slim chance of a top 6 finish.

I trust calderwoods judgement none the less and it makes for an exciting summer of recruitment from a fans point of veiw

Don't think you are correct on that one :greengrin
I am " led to beloeve " that at the same timr as Mcbride was released six others were told " cintracts would not be renewed "

Matty_Jack04
30-03-2011, 09:06 AM
aye i agree, its just the worry for injury if they do get game time that worrys me, some of them didnt put much effort in before never mind now they know there out the door

Matty_Jack04
30-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Don't think you are correct on that one :greengrin
I am " led to beloeve " that at the same timr as Mcbride was released six others were told " cintracts would not be renewed "

Thats maybe true mate im not denying that but he kept them quiet and told us mcbride was leaving then in the run up to a derby he tells everyone 6 others are goin? I just feel that this sort of thing could have been kept in house untill the chances of a top 6 finish is over (meaning seasons over really)

As i said before its not an attack on calderwood i have every faith in the guy i just dont see why this is announced now

MrSmith
30-03-2011, 09:20 AM
aye i agree, its just the worry for injury if they do get game time that worrys me, some of them didnt put much effort in before never mind now they know there out the door

In this case, they would only be letting themselves and potential suitors down! I think it is both good judgment and timing because the players involved will be relieved to know where they stand at the club and it also means that players will have to put in a good shift/performance for another club to want them.

Beefster
30-03-2011, 09:54 AM
If players aren't going to get new contracts, it is only right to let them and their representatives know. I'd imagine that they've all known for a while.

The fact that it is now being reported is neither here nor there.