PDA

View Full Version : Is Their A Scottish Club Outside Yams/OF You Especially Hate?

Dashing Bob S
29-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Tough one. I fallen out with a few on occasion over specific results/incidents, but I can't say I hate any with the same passion as Yams/OF.

LeithBoozy
29-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Heart's reserves. :agree:

matty_f
29-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Tough one. I fallen out with a few on occasion over specific results/incidents, but I can't say I hate any with the same passion as Yams/OF.

Pretty indifferent to most other teams, to be honest. Hate the Yams and the OF, but outside of that... maybe Dundee Utd for the Harry Potter connection, and I suppose Aberdeen get on my thruppennies these days as well.

Removed
29-03-2011, 11:35 PM

Used to be Airdrie. Full of ex yams & huns. You have to be a certain age though as the younger posters will be going "Who :confused:"

Can't say I feel the same for any other team as I do about the grunts and the OF

LeithBoozy
29-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Thats almost half of the league you have mentioned there Matty. LOL :greengrin

Diclonius
29-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Used to be Gretna because of their shameless love-in with the Yams, and the pathetic manner in which they bought themselves through the SFL while claiming to be 'living the dream'. Now, naebody.

The Harp
29-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Not too bothered nowadays but because we always had bother at Broomfield years ago, it would be Airdrie for me (even tho they've adopted 'United' it hasn't changed their image).
Mind you we had a lot of trouble every time we visited Falkirk, Dundee, Ayr United and St Mirren as well ... I better stop there or it could be a long post. :confused:

matty_f
29-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Thats almost half of the league you have mentioned there Matty. LOL :greengrin

:greengrin Aye, and now I've had time to think about it, I can't say I've that much time for Killie, St Mirren, Hamilton, ICT, Motherwell, and well - anyone else that isn't Hibs. :agree:

Mixu62
30-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Airdrie for me. Still can't stand them even after all these years. I was "lucky" enough to get a taste of what they're like a few years before most Hibby's due to being at a Meadowbank game and hearing the abuse they gave Victor Kasule for 90 minutes. Frequent uses of the N word. And the way strings were pulled so they got to stay in the league when they went bust. Tell me there were no funny handshakes involved there!

LeithBoozy
30-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks Matty Im heading to my kip with a smile on my face. :greengrin

matty_f
30-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Used to be Airdrie. Full of ex yams & huns. You have to be a certain age though as the younger posters will be going "Who :confused:"

Can't say I feel the same for any other team as I do about the grunts and the OF
:agree: Airdrie were a horrible club back when the likes of Jimmy Sheep-for-a-heid Sandison and that played for them. Rank rotten, so they were.

Pretty Boy
30-03-2011, 12:45 AM
:agree: Airdrie were a horrible club back when the likes of Jimmy Sheep-for-a-heid Sandison and that played for them. Rank rotten, so they were.

Jimmy Sandison is still a dirty wee scrote.

I was watching a charity football match a while back and the 'Hearts Legends' (number of medals won at Tynecastle between them=0) were playing a team that included Stuart Lovell. Archie was totally bossing the midfield and Sandison lost the plot and had a sly kick at him then threw a pretty blatant punch at the back of his head. He got a right shock when they next went in for a 50/50 and Archie went right through him taking no prisoners, Sandison asked to be subbed about 5 minutes later because he was 'totally knackered and no feeling it the day'.

Anyway i hated Airdrie with a passion. Horrible team, horrible fans and a horrible club. Having lived in Aberdeen for a bit i also can't stand them, the fans up there are even more deluded than the yams and genuinely still believe teams in Europe remember them and fear them.:rolleyes:

Greentinted
30-03-2011, 02:55 AM
First word that sprung to mind was Airdrie, horrible little institution, Hun wannabes; and as has been previously stated, had strings pulled on their behalf for no ostensible reason.
Team of the early 90s swings it, Black, Sandison, MacKay, et al.

IWasThere2016
30-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Sheep and Arabs :agree:

Quite like Dundee though :wink:

marinello59
30-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Aberdeen.

Hibercelona
30-03-2011, 08:11 AM
The most obvious one is Airdrie. Still rotten to the core. Lets not forget the Irvine Meadow fans when they came to ER. Although its fair to argue that a lot of them probably weren't Meadow fans at all. I've never liked ICT. Not that they do anything wrong, but we just can't seem to take anything from them up there. Aberdeen with their extremely deluded supporters and their history of signing ex Yams. Never been too fond of Livingston either, especially after that horrible horrible day. Don't really know enough about other teams in the divs to state whether I hate them or not.

Sylar
30-03-2011, 08:22 AM
A lot of my hatred of other clubs stems more from following Livingston through the leagues with my old man.

As a result, Airdrie, Dunfermline, Inverness Caley and Dundee are all clubs I can't stand, and in recent years, Dundee are right up there!

Hiber-nation
30-03-2011, 08:30 AM
First word that sprung to mind was Airdrie, horrible little institution, Hun wannabes; and as has been previously stated, had strings pulled on their behalf for no ostensible reason.
Team of the early 90s swings it, Black, Sandison, MacKay, et al.

:agree:

Airdire are just horrible.

Renfrew_Hibby
30-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Really can't stand the dandy Dons of Aberdeen, not sure why but just canny stand them!
Also Airdrie as they have a hard core bunch of fans who seem to be the hard core wing of the National Front.

Clubs I have a soft spot for - Ayr Utd, my home town team who i used to watch in my schoolboy days.
St. Mirren, i now live in the Paisley area and my in-laws are Buddies fans so i have to root for them, except when they play us of course! In all seriousness i really have a degree of admiration for the guys here who do follow St.Mirren against the tide of Old Firm pressure and influences that you get through here, and the club itself works very hard in the community to try and promote itself and does some great work with local kids.

Saorsa
30-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Airdrie :bitchy:

R'Albin
30-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Aberdeen.

I detest them!

.Sean.
30-03-2011, 10:15 AM
I don't like Aberdeen, due to the attitude of their fans. They think the world owes them a favour and many of them are still living in the 80's.

On the flip-side, i've wee soft spots for Motherwell and Cowden as two of my close friends are avid followers.

soproni1
30-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Used to be Gretna because of their shameless love-in with the Yams, and the pathetic manner in which they bought themselves through the SFL while claiming to be 'living the dream'. Now, naebody.

Agree - although my hatred has significantly increased since they reformed and appeared in the EOS league, offending many clubs as they go.

Hibs Class
30-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Airdrie for me as well. Dislike for other clubs comes and goes but it's permanent with Airdrie. Started with Kenny Black in particular and the way they then destroyed Clydebank so that they could effectively survive was wicked (wicked bad, not wicked cool!)

marinello59
30-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Airdrie for me as well. Dislike for other clubs comes and goes but it's permanent with Airdrie. Started with Kenny Black in particular and the way they then destroyed Clydebank so that they could effectively survive was wicked (wicked bad, not wicked cool!)

Airdrie......as bad as the Luftwaffe. :agree:

EuanH78
30-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Airdrie......as bad as the Luftwaffe. :agree:

:faf:

But yes, Airdrie.

DrSpaceMonkey
30-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Peterhead

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2011, 12:27 PM

Agree Matty, their fans were mini bigots as well from what I remember

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Heart's reserves. :agree:

:top marks:top marks

johnrebus
30-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Boness United.

Total bampots. Would fight with their own shadows.

:rolleyes:

xyz23jc
30-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Jimmy Sandison is still a dirty wee scrote.

I was watching a charity football match a while back and the 'Hearts Legends' (number of medals won at Tynecastle between them=0) were playing a team that included Stuart Lovell. Archie was totally bossing the midfield and Sandison lost the plot and had a sly kick at him then threw a pretty blatant punch at the back of his head. He got a right shock when they next went in for a 50/50 and Archie went right through him taking no prisoners, Sandison asked to be subbed about 5 minutes later because he was 'totally knackered and no feeling it the day'.

Anyway i hated Airdrie with a passion. Horrible team, horrible fans and a horrible club. Having lived in Aberdeen for a bit i also can't stand them, the fans up there are even more deluded than the yams and genuinely still believe teams in Europe remember them and fear them.:rolleyes:

:top marks:thumbsup::agree::greengrin And I thought it was just me too! Well done that man!

xyz23jc
30-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Really can't stand the dandy Dons of Aberdeen, not sure why but just canny stand them!
Also Airdrie as they have a hard core bunch of fans who seem to be the hard core wing of the National Front.

Clubs I have a soft spot for - Ayr Utd, my home town team who i used to watch in my schoolboy days.
St. Mirren, i now live in the Paisley area and my in-laws are Buddies fans so i have to root for them, except when they play us of course! In all seriousness i really have a degree of admiration for the guys here who do follow St.Mirren against the tide of Old Firm pressure and influences that you get through here, and the club itself works very hard in the community to try and promote itself and does some great work with local kids.

Another great post...nothing to do with the mutual loathing for Aberdeen...Honest :duck:

Girlfriend's family are all 'apparently' buddies, and I've almost managed to convert her into a Hibs supporter.

Removed
30-03-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't like Aberdeen, due to the attitude of their fans. They think the world owes them a favour and many of them are still living in the 80's.

I sit opposite one every day and I don't find that - I've only had the "stars on the shirt" comment once that I can remember :wink:

Maybe sheepies who live in Leith have a bit more sense than those that live in Aberdeen :dunno:

They hate the yams and the OF as well so they're not all bad.

Keith_M
30-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Similar to other posters, I used to hate other clubs, e.g. Motherwell and Airdrie, maybe Dundee, but don't really feel that strongly about it now.

Maybe I've matured a bit :wink:

R'Albin
30-03-2011, 05:24 PM
I sit opposite one every day and I don't find that - I've only had the "stars on the shirt" comment once that I can remember :wink:

Maybe sheepies who live in Leith have a bit more sense than those that live in Aberdeen :dunno:

I hear it about once every day! Half their fans weren't even alive when they last when they won a trophy!

Killiehibbie
30-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Used to be Aberdeen and Airdrie for me but now that i'm a bit older probably Airdrie and Aberdeen.

monktonharp
30-03-2011, 07:55 PM
has to be Airdrie,, had a few beers wi' wee sandibaws who I thought was ok,Walter KIDD tae,(ex-****bo captain when they lost the lot:wink:) both connected to Airdrie, but the fans were seudo huns, and as for the ex-goalie John Martin.................he walked through the picket lines during the miners strike,wi' a tenner stuck to his foreheid,,,,,,,,nuff said. and he was earning a weekly wage fae his club at the time while his mates were trying to save their livelyhood!!:fuming:

monktonharp
30-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Used to be Aberdeen and Airdrie for me but now that i'm a bit older probably Airdrie and Aberdeen. experience, there's nae substitute for it mate:wink:

ginger_rice
30-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Boness United.

Nothing else to do in Bo'ness though is there :dunno:

ginger_rice
30-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Being a Stirling lad it has to be Falkirk for me...sorry FH.

Stonewall
30-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Boness United.

Fact!

NorthfieldHibee
30-03-2011, 08:23 PM
while fat jim was there, really despised Killie, it was like a retirement home for ex-jambos, although Mixu's there now so its not to bad

as for at this moment, Really dont like the sheep, drive me insane with thier 'we're a well known/established european club' patter

The Slav
30-03-2011, 10:23 PM
I hear it about once every day! Half their fans weren't even alive when they last when they won a trophy!

Unless of course you count the East of Scotland Shield, most of Hibs fans grandfathers were not alive the last time you won a trophy of any note, so get it right round the lot of you. ** :na na:

I find it really funny that most of the teams listed on this thread are the teams that continually bounce back or forwards from the first Division - perhaps the Hibs fans "hatred" really comes fom the fact that on a number of occasions, they have been your main rivals for gaining promotion into the top league.

Aberdeen have to live on their past glories, because if it were not for that, what would we have nothin to shout about -basically been serving up a lot of dross for the past 20 odd years

However, I think it is really fair to say that every set of fans wants to see their Club do their best and the rubbish that we have been served at Todders since the late 80's is absolute pish and the thing about the fans going on about the 80's - perpetuated by the Club and the media, to hide the fact that we were a major force in Scottish Football (big deal) and now struggling against relegation every 2nd season, and even saved from relegation by play-offs and league reconstruction.

What would you prefer - talking about past European glories (x2 I hasten to add) or beating your rivals 7-0 in 1973. Be interesting to see how many fans were at that game (and how many of them are still alive). Suspect akin to how many Cellic fans were in Seville or Huns were on the pitch in Barcelona

Stand Free **

Oh - and for the record - I hate ****dee Utd

But a lot of time for the Hibs, having lived in East End of Edinburgh for 23 years (17 in Leith). I have even been to a number of pre-season games and even a European game

The Slav
30-03-2011, 10:43 PM
T Aberdeen with their extremely deluded supporters and their history of signing ex Yams.

Did yer faither tell you to write that - :confused:.

Take a look through the history books and see how many "hibs greats" had a career at Aberdeen - to be fair, it will need to be the history books

and whilst there, have a look and see how many ex Yams have played for Hibs - Michael Stewart comes to mind,and were you not interested in Andy Webster before he went back to Slimecastle - you can't have it all your own way. :na na:

banchoryhibs
30-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Defiantly Airdrie, a horrible wee club - the old Broomfield flew an enormous Union Flag every time I had the misfortune to watch us there, mini huns for sure. :grr:

Baader
30-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Airdrie.

lapsedhibee
30-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Let me be the first to say ...

Airdrie.

matty_f
30-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Unless of course you count the East of Scotland Shield, most of Hibs fans grandfathers were not alive the last time you won a trophy of any note, so get it right round the lot of you. ** :na na:

I find it really funny that most of the teams listed on this thread are the teams that continually bounce back or forwards from the first Division - perhaps the Hibs fans "hatred" really comes fom the fact that on a number of occasions, they have been your main rivals for gaining promotion into the top league.

Aberdeen have to live on their past glories, because if it were not for that, what would we have nothin to shout about -basically been serving up a lot of dross for the past 20 odd years

However, I think it is really fair to say that every set of fans wants to see their Club do their best and the rubbish that we have been served at Todders since the late 80's is absolute pish and the thing about the fans going on about the 80's - perpetuated by the Club and the media, to hide the fact that we were a major force in Scottish Football (big deal) and now struggling against relegation every 2nd season, and even saved from relegation by play-offs and league reconstruction.

What would you prefer - talking about past European glories (x2 I hasten to add) or beating your rivals 7-0 in 1973. Be interesting to see how many fans were at that game (and how many of them are still alive). Suspect akin to how many Cellic fans were in Seville or Huns were on the pitch in Barcelona

Stand Free **

But a lot of time for the Hibs, having lived in East End of Edinburgh for 23 years (17 in Leith). I have even been to a number of pre-season games and even a European game

Aye, because that happens often, right enough.

I find a lot of Sheep fans are outspoken bell-ends.:agree: Which may be why I dislike them, though I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate them.

The Slav
30-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Aye, because that happens often, right enough.

I find a lot of Sheep fans are outspoken bell-ends.:agree: Which may be why I dislike them, though I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate them.

and there was me thinking that my posting was quite balanced

Speaking of bell-ends. "that on a number of occasions" doesn't suggest often

and I know a few hibbees and most of them are alright, but then again there is always an exception to every rule

Pretty Boy
30-03-2011, 11:53 PM

Stand Free **

I understand the first European glory would be the Cup Winners Cup vicyory, fair enough, but just to be clear does the 2nd star on your jersey and 2nd European glory really refer to winning that glorified friendly that is played in Monaco every year?

The Slav
31-03-2011, 12:04 AM
I understand the first European glory would be the Cup Winners Cup vicyory, fair enough, but just to be clear does the 2nd star on your jersey and 2nd European glory really refer to winning that glorified friendly that is played in Monaco every year?

Sadly yes (jumping on the bandwagon springs to mind)

However, at the time it was a 2 leg affair played home and away, (0-0 in Hamburg and 2-0 in Aberdeen

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 12:03 PM

For the record - I hate ****deen (I can use stars too) but I'll no be losing any sleep over it.
:greengrin

iwasthere1972
31-03-2011, 12:33 PM

Aye Dundee and St Mirren.

Dundee for lying down to the Yams on the last day of the season in 1985/86 and St Mirren for thrashing Celtic on the same day thereby ensuring that (even if Hearts had slipped up at Dens) the title would be heading to Tynecastle.

Barstewards. My Yam mates don't let me forget it either and I've had reminders from them that big celebrations are planned in Gorgie to mark the 25th anniversary of that momentous occasion.

wazoo1875
31-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Aye Dundee and St Mirren.

Dundee for lying down to the Yams on the last day of the season in 1985/86 and St Mirren for thrashing Celtic on the same day thereby ensuring that (even if Hearts had slipped up at Dens) the title would be heading to Tynecastle.

Barstewards. My Yam mates don't let me forget it either and I've had reminders from them that big celebrations are planned in Gorgie to mark the 25th anniversary of that momentous occasion.

:faf:

iwasthere1972
31-03-2011, 01:16 PM
For the record - I hate ****deen (I can use stars too) but I'll no be losing any sheep over it.

Fixed. :wink:

Albanian Hibs
31-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Hate Aberdeen and their horrible fans (you're not famous anymore :bye:) and for some reason I also hate Dundee Utd (although I don't really know why?)

soupy
31-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Can't believe no ones mentioned Airdrie yet!!!!

Greentinted
31-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Can't believe no ones mentioned Airdrie yet!!!!

Did I mention - horrible strip as well!

Hibercelona
31-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Did yer faither tell you to write that - :confused:.

Take a look through the history books and see how many "hibs greats" had a career at Aberdeen - to be fair, it will need to be the history books

and whilst there, have a look and see how many ex Yams have played for Hibs - Michael Stewart comes to mind,and were you not interested in Andy Webster before he went back to Slimecastle - you can't have it all your own way. :na na:

I've never liked Michael Stewart and I never will like Michael Stewart. And no, I wasn't interested in Webster coming to Hibs. :bye:

Rory89
31-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Can't stand Aberdeen, they are the only Scottish club outside the old firm and Hearts that I'd be wishing failure upon them in Europe. Horrible diddy club who don't seem to know it. Kilmarnock and St Mirren slightly irritate me because their fans seem to moan a hell of a lot (especially Killie), but they aren't so bad. Falkirk fans annoyed me slightly at the time we appointed Yogi and signed McBride and Cregg, they were so bitter it's unreal.

Nobody else bar the obvious annoys me, they're all sound. Generally the only two clubs in Scotland I'd think less of someone for supporting are Celtic and Rangers, and even through here in Glasgow most of them are sound. If you're wondering why I missed out Hearts, I think anyone who goes down the "all jambo's are pricks" route are sad acts, most of them are alright. I only truly hate them 4 days a year.

ScottB
31-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Honestly I can't even bring myself to care about any club besides Hibs, never mind hate them!

Might laugh at the misfortune of certain clubs at points, but yeah, I really don't care if it aint Hibs.

hibees59
31-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Airdrie for me because of that scab John Martin !

For those of you under 30 ask your dad's about him.

clerriehibs
31-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Livingston; Meadowbank Thistle fine, but to change club name, club location AND retain a place in the league??? Seems like they bought that (and I wouldn't have wanted to have lifted a CIS cup in 2004 via a bye) but Livingston were bust good and proper. They won that cup by paying over the odds and out of their means. I'd rather have played Dundee, the team they beat in the semi just after they'd gone into admin.

And Dundee United - all because of their whinging and greeting about not getting the ball back from matty jack. They were cheating and they tried to turn it round on us! More than 10 years later and it still bugs me.

jane_says
31-03-2011, 10:14 PM

:agree: actually dont mind aberdeen, most of aberdeen supports celtic anyway it seems, really winds me up that, much sooner hate people who dont follow their local team and for this reason its kilmarnock for me. just seems to be rangers fans who couldnt get a ticket for ibrox there.

not old enough to remember playing airdrie, but im growing a hatred of them just reading this thread!

PISTOL1875
31-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Rangers...

Actual vermon........

Removed
31-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Rangers...

Actual vermon........

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Vermon :dunno: :wink:

Sylar
31-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Livingston; Meadowbank Thistle fine, but to change club name, club location AND retain a place in the league??? Seems like they bought that (and I wouldn't have wanted to have lifted a CIS cup in 2004 via a bye) but Livingston were bust good and proper. They won that cup by paying over the odds and out of their means. I'd rather have played Dundee, the team they beat in the semi just after they'd gone into admin.

So you would have seen a club in Edinburgh roll over and die because they didn't have a sufficient fanbase to sustain their existence in the lower leagues of Scotland as a result of the existence of Hibs and Hearts, with another large portion of football fans in Edinburgh opting to make a weekly commute to Glasgow?

Why are Meadowbank Thistle acceptable - they moved stadium and changed the name of the club from Ferranti to Meadowbank (different reasoning, but a forced change nonetheless).

I also find it utterly laughable that you suggest Dundee would have been more "deserving" of a place in the CIS Cup Final, considering their financial mismanagement and dodgy dealings in the past 15 years :confused:

Pardon the slight thread tangent.

Sodje_18
01-04-2011, 02:52 PM

Who? :confused:

Greentinted
01-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Who? :confused:

There's a clear winner emerging here...and its no Cowdenbeath! :greengrin

davey 2 good
01-04-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm reading the hibs book by alan lugton and what smeltic did to us in early days was disgraceful so I don't like them

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Hibernia Na Eir
01-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Dundee FC. Because a lot their fans are of the other foot. Seen and heard them more than enough over the years to work out that they are no friends of ours!

"Dundee Derry boys", UJ and Ulster flags...enough said really.

Slot in nicely behind big(ot) brothers Hearts and Rangers.

Airdrie come right after that.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Airdrie for me because of that scab John Martin !

For those of you under 30 ask your dad's about him.

i remember the spotty faced, tached geek. Always seemed to do well vs us.

CropleyWasGod
01-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Dundee FC. Because a lot their fans are of the other foot. Seen and heard them more than enough over the years to work out that they are no friends of ours!

".

Which foot are we, like? :confused:

sunshine1875
01-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Kelty Hearts

Linlithgow Rose (:jamboak:)

Thigh ar la
01-04-2011, 10:16 PM
East Fife for me because I remember a horrible game when we got beat by them in the 80īs in the Scottish cup! I think Durie scored their goals and they beat us 2-0. Their end was full of ****ing huns and so were the stone throwing manky **** after the game. Actually make it Rangers... they are the root of all evil! And celtic too for that matter. Did I forget Hearts? Add them to the list as well.
That apart never been fond of Airdrie either.

snooky
01-04-2011, 10:34 PM
East Fife - for breaking Brownlie's leg and for Love's nonstop kicking at Mickey.
I bear grudges for a loooooooooooooong time. :grr: