PDA

View Full Version : The 12th man....

the happy hibee
29-03-2011, 08:03 PM
I like everything that yous are trying to do and its defo made the atmosphere a hell of a lot better on match days but yous have got to stop the "west stand west stand give us a song" crap which yous have been singing the last couple of home games. because i dont know if other fans who sit in the west agree with me but its as if it yous in the 12th man sing and most in the west dont so yous are better fans than those who sit in the west! I dont know maybe it was just a bit of banter but its just the way ive felt the last 2 home games that it us v yous which it shouldnt be because WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC ALL OF US TOGETHER! Thoughts from everybody?

CallumLaidlaw
29-03-2011, 08:06 PM
I would say it's banter to try and get the whole stadium involved

Removed
29-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I like everything that yous are trying to do and its defo made the atmosphere a hell of a lot better on match days but yous have got to stop the "west stand west stand give us a song" crap which yous have been singing the last couple of home games. because i dont know if other fans who sit in the west agree with me but its as if it yous in the 12th man sing and most in the west dont so yous are better fans than those who sit in the west! I dont know maybe it was just a bit of banter but its just the way ive felt the last 2 home games that it us v yous which it shouldnt be because WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC ALL OF US TOGETHER! Thoughts from everybody?

They are not the 12th man, we all are.

lyonhibs
29-03-2011, 08:11 PM

:agree::agree:

The number of people who seem to be lumbered with this misconception does peturb me slightly.

12th man = every Hibs fan, regardless of stand
Singing section = those loud bampots in sections 42/43 :greengrin (prepared to be corrected on those numbers)

GGTTH

Dunbar Hibee
29-03-2011, 08:12 PM

It is banter chill out man. There is only one way to stop it though.... sing West Stand :greengrin:aok:

hibbysam
29-03-2011, 08:12 PM

Exactly mate.. WE ARE ALL THE 12th MAN!!

Us in section 43 are the "singing section" and yes its banter to lighten the place up.. as was the "west stand gives a wave" a few weeks back as well which im sure they all took as banter as they all started waving..

lets just hope we can all join in with ten minutes to go with a little "south stand gives a song" when were 2-0 up :greengrin:pray::pray:

bingo70
29-03-2011, 08:13 PM
I would say it's banter to try and get the whole stadium involved

Pretty **** banter to be honest though, it's clearly meant to be a bit of fun but it's no particularly funny :wink:

Not everyone wants to sing at the football and not everyone wants to get involved in some of there newer songs, good luck to them, i think they're doing a good job of improving the atmosphere but i think some of the song choices are likely to grate on people rather than improve the atmosphere though so hopefully they see what songs improve the atmosphere and what ones don't and they ditch the ones that don't.

That "i believe we can win" nonsense looks pretty cringeworthy from what i saw last monday so i'm hoping that's one of the ones that gets sacked pretty sharpish.

Barney McGrew
29-03-2011, 08:15 PM
That "i believe we can win" nonsense looks pretty cringeworthy from what i saw last monday so i'm hoping that's one of the ones that gets sacked pretty sharpish.

:agree:

It's like something out High School Musical

bingo70
29-03-2011, 08:17 PM
:agree:

It's like something out High School Musical

Christ i'm no wanting to get you started on them :wink:

Seriously though, we already have a great song that we can do the bounce to so there's no need for this one at all.

hfc rd
29-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I sit in the West as well. I just see the funny side to it as it is just a bit of banter. I remember at the green day game against Caley, the singing section in the East sang that song and they sang another funny one as well saying - "WEST STAND, GIVE US A WAVE, WEST STAND WEST STAND, GIVE US A WAVE". They then recieved a wave from the fans in the West Stand and the singing section replied with a nice little cheer.

They do it for a bit of banter, not to rip it into each other as they all know that we are all Hibs fans.

Removed
29-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I sit in the West as well. I just see the funny side to it as it is just a bit of banter. I remember at the green day game against Caley, the 12th Man area sang that song and they sang another funny one as well saying - "WEST STAND, GIVE US A WAVE, WEST STAND WEST STAND, GIVE US A WAVE". They then recieved a wave from the fans in the West Stand and the 12th Man area in the East replied with a nice little cheer.

They do it for a bit of banter, not to rip it into each other as they all know that we are all Hibs fans.

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

hfc rd
29-03-2011, 08:31 PM
:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Calm down, I've changed it.

Removed
29-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Calm down, I've changed it.

:thumbsup:

I'm calm :greengrin

hfc rd
29-03-2011, 08:38 PM
:thumbsup:

I'm calm :greengrin

:greengrin

I knew you were. It was just a joke. :na na:

AndersonGGTTH
29-03-2011, 08:38 PM
I think it is a bit banter .. i sit in section 43 and we dont think were better! it is a wee laugh but also would be good if yous sung.. like winning against hearts and we sing it why dont you!?:na na:

Jack
29-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Bingo I think we have a pretty limited song list and anything that helps, short term, is good news. If a chant like I Believe goes beyond that then it would still be better than some of the others that get churned out.
(Do you still want an application for "The" Hibs Club?)
To the OP come and join the Singing Section' sometime. You might enjoy it!
BTW I am The Hibs 12th Man :-)

bingo70
29-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Bingo I think we have a pretty limited song list and anything that helps, short term, is good news. If a chant like I Believe goes beyond that then it would still be better than some of the others that get churned out.
(Do you still want an application for "The" Hibs Club?)
To the OP come and join the Singing Section' sometime. You might enjoy it!
BTW I am The Hibs 12th Man :-)

Guess we'll just disagree Jack, i think songs like that are extremely unlikely to catch on anywhere other than the 12th man section :devil: (i'm only joking 65bd, only joking) so it'll more likely cause a them and us attitude which is already starting to appear, i think there's more than enough songs just now to get us through a game so IMO it'd be better to stick to ones that you're likely to get more people buying into and joining in with.

Just my opinion though, i'll more than likely be too drunk to notice on sunday so just bash on with whatever suits you boys best :greengrin

I've already paid for my memebership, think that was at the killie game though but not had my card through yet so not really sure whats happening with that.

wazoo1875
29-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Guess we'll just disagree Jack, i think songs like that are extremely unlikely to catch on anywhere other than the 12th man section :devil: (i'm only joking 65bd, only joking) so it'll more likely cause a them and us attitude which is already starting to appear, i think there's more than enough songs just now to get us through a game so IMO it'd be better to stick to ones that you're likely to get more people buying into and joining in with.

Just my opinion though, i'll more than likely be too drunk to notice on sunday so just bash on with whatever suits you boys best :greengrin

I've already paid for my memebership, think that was at the killie game though but not had my card through yet so not really sure whats happening with that.

I'm gonnae sing the Mercer song in yer earhole for the whole game mate :agree:
I also hope yer not too pished to go oot for a good bevvy afterwards :aok:

Sodje_18
29-03-2011, 09:14 PM

Would you like a prawn sannie over there?! :na na: Calm down it's a bit of friendly banter, were just trying to get the whole stadium going :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
29-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Also not a fan of the 'I believe' chant, leave it to hockey and basketball IMO.

One of the main reasons groups like the 12thman/singing section, capital greens etc plus others all over the country fail is due to a lack of intergration. You've got to intergrate with the rest of the support and lead, if you go it alone and neglect everyone else everything will be finished before it ever started.

Another thing that should be left is the 'sit down' and 'shoes off' chants. Good as one off's against ICT with the bumper crowd, decent fitba and sunny weather, drawing 0-0 on a cloudy day playing fairley pesh away to St Johnstone...? Best left IMO. Guess this comes down to organisation (or a lack-off), if there was something and someone to lead and control the singing, would be much much better IMO. Anyone at Ibrox on Saturday? They had a drum and megaphone and made a fair wee racket between themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5bhwt6-yw&feature=BF&list=ULjP9v5taAQns&index=19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=0JBKkuF-qXw&nomobile=1

Hibs90
29-03-2011, 09:30 PM
How does the 'I believe' chant go?

AndersonGGTTH
29-03-2011, 10:08 PM
How does the 'I believe' chant go?

(1 guy)

I
(REPEAT "I")
I BELIEVE
(REPEAT "I BELIEVE)
so on till i believe that hibs will win and start bouncing!

I like it!

Keith_M
29-03-2011, 10:11 PM
if there was something and someone to lead and control the singing, would be much much better IMO.

Are you volunteering? :wink:

I take it you fancy the role as the Capo Del Monte, or whatever they're called. :greengrin

SteveHFC
29-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I sit in the West Lower. I will be singing on Sunday. I hope the rest of West Stand will too.

The_Sauz
29-03-2011, 10:56 PM
I remember the back in the days when it was the old west stand & enclosure that did all the singing :na na:

blairwallace
30-03-2011, 01:20 AM
I just think a whole stadium singing HAIL HAIL or some sort would be just amazing! plus famous five give us a song doesn't fit as well. The west stand has a stereotypical image these days of the prawn sandwich munching type who just go to games because they want something to do on a weekend. Although to be fair the west lower and some upper do join in on sunshine on Leith. Bit by bit the whole stadium will be signing, mark my words!

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2011, 08:00 AM

I think you're being a tad over sensitive. The point about them thinking they are better fans is your interpretation, and suggests you maybe feel a bit insecure.

Tbh, I wouldn't think they are worth bothering about with schoolboy banter like that. I can imagine these guys playing leap frog on the way to the ground.

Sylar
30-03-2011, 08:25 AM

People who use the word "yous" will be first against the wall...:agree:

.Whitey.
30-03-2011, 08:40 AM

As for the "west stand west stand give us a song" there is no harm ment by this, we are all there to enjoy a game of football and support our team (whether it is participating in the singing aspect of thing or not). I hope you dont get over offended by opposition fans shouting abuse during a game.

"so yous are better fans than those who sit in the west" - it seems to me that there are sevral fans (in west, FF and East) that think that they are "better fans" because they dont sing silly songs ect Hope u aint one of them :wink:

Hibercelona
30-03-2011, 08:56 AM
The chant is funny and fully justified IMO. If only you could see yourselves from our point of view... :wink:

ShanksSaidNo
30-03-2011, 09:10 AM
(1 guy)

I
(REPEAT "I")
I BELIEVE
(REPEAT "I BELIEVE)
so on till i believe that hibs will win and start bouncing!

I like it!
Thanks for clarigying this - i haven't been at a game that this has been sung/chanted at yet and had convinced myself that at some point on Sunday I would be singing 'I believe Hibs will win' to the tune of R Kelly!!!!!

Keith_M
30-03-2011, 03:12 PM
:agree::agree:

The number of people who seem to be lumbered with this misconception does peturb me slightly.

12th man = every Hibs fan, regardless of stand
Singing section = those loud bampots in sections 42/43 :greengrin (prepared to be corrected on those numbers)

GGTTH

I don't agree. The 12th Man is neither the singing section nor the whole stadium. It's those supporters who want to be part of it.

I see it as all Hibs fans that want to try getting behind the team and driving them on. If others want to sit in silence or moan their way through every match, that is their right. There should be no-one forced into being part of the 12th man.

[removes tongue from cheek]

blairwallace
30-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks for clarigying this - i haven't been at a game that this has been sung/chanted at yet and had convinced myself that at some point on Sunday I would be singing 'I believe Hibs will win' to the tune of R Kelly!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44YUnOoye58

Beefster
30-03-2011, 03:37 PM
I like the "I believe" stuff. If there was a substantial proportion of the crowd taking part and some bampot with a loudhailer, I think it would be quite impressive.

As for the OP, although I'll get slated, the singing section's idea of 'banter' is bowfing.

seanraff07
30-03-2011, 05:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-YpDG7LrV0... we start singing it from 0:55 in this video :aok: