PDA

View Full Version : (Greggs) Jamie Hamill

GloryGlory
29-03-2011, 07:11 AM
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/237333/Hibernian-swoop-to-lure-Jamie-Hamill-from-Kilmarnock

According to the Daily Express.

Westie1875
29-03-2011, 07:17 AM
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/237333/Hibernian-swoop-to-lure-Jamie-Hamill-from-Kilmarnock

According to the Daily Express.

Uh oh, I can't stand that wee scrote :bitchy: :greengrin

BigKev
29-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Wonder if this means Liam Miller is leaving?

Hammil has kind of sprung onto the scene this season - looks a decent prospect. Killie fans will be raging if they split up there best squad in years by losing their two best midfielders for nothing.

CallumLaidlaw
29-03-2011, 07:34 AM
for some reason, the link isnt working for me. Could someone copy and paste please?

truehibernian
29-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Wonder if this means Liam Miller is leaving?

Hammil has kind of sprung onto the scene this season - looks a decent prospect. Killie fans will be raging if they split up there best squad in years by losing their two best midfielders for nothing.

Far more likely that JH is being looked at for his ability at full back rather than replacing anyone in the midfield. He has played most this season at full back. Good engine on him, and can also be useful in the middle of the park......what he doesn't have in height he makes up for in energy and workrate.

I would be more than happy with this addition if it comes off.

vanNISHtelroy
29-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Far more likely that JH is being looked at for his ability at full back rather than replacing anyone in the midfield. He has played most this season at full back. Good engine on him, and can also be useful in the middle of the park......what he doesn't have in height he makes up for in energy and workrate.

Would agree with you that he'll be being looked at as a right back and as back up for midfield. Hes been great this year although if you don't sign Alexi to play all those great passes to him he might not be as good! Scored ten goals this season, half from the spot and missed two pens but scored the retake and rebound of them. Good signing if you get him, hope you don't though!

jdships
29-03-2011, 09:09 AM

Think you are right with rhat take.
We have midfielders aplenty at ER but right back remains an ongoing problem when Towell returns along the M8

:flag:

bingo70
29-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Absolute stick on Hearts will be in for him now.

Speedway
29-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Interesting that the express used a picture of Hamill celebrating against us to make their point.

The Killie Chairman has certainly got his work cut out. Us after Hamill, them after Tauouieaiouoaieuouil, Finland after their manager and Emerenko heading back to Metal Mickey FC.

Let's offer a swap deal for Nish.

Also interesting to see if this is us covering our bases or whether we already know we've got Bob Hope of signing Towell full time.

Ritchie
29-03-2011, 09:18 AM
i seriously hope not.... the guy is a wee rat.

he's a shorter balder poor mans mikey stewart!!

JimBHibees
29-03-2011, 09:54 AM
I think Hamill would be a decent signing a good age and a good mix of dig and ability and can deliver a very good set piece ball.

vanNISHtelroy
29-03-2011, 10:17 AM
I think Hamill would be a decent signing a good age and a good mix of dig and ability and can deliver a very good set piece ball.

Agree with that.

Think he may be someone you don't like when he plays against you, but appreciate him more when he plays for you.

JimBHibees
29-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Agree with that.

Think he may be someone you don't like when he plays against you, but appreciate him more when he plays for you.

Dont have an issue with guys that get stuck in and have a bit of ability which he has. Shows a wee bit of passion which is never a bad thing as long as it is controlled and you are not sitting in the stand every second week.

--------
29-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Agree with that.

Yup. Nothing at all wrong with someone who riles the opposition and gets well stuck in - as long as he does it in a disciplined manner and avoids getting himself sent off. Haven't had one of those at ER for a long time now.

I have genuine sympathy for Kilmarnock's situation right now, but I do hope we manage to get Mark Hamill signed up.

I don't see the Soapies releasing Richie Towells to us for next season. RB has been a problem for us for a while now, and I can't see CC persevering with Hart, and I fear Kevin McCann may have come to the end of the road at ER - injuries, sadly - so we need a solid signing for that position, and Hamill could very well be that man.

West Upper
29-03-2011, 11:13 AM

:agree:

TheUsualSuspect
29-03-2011, 11:19 AM
I have genuine sympathy for Kilmarnock's situation right now, but I do hope we manage to get Mark Hamill signed up.

Then we really would be a Force to be reckoned with!!! get it:faf::faf:

--------
29-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Then we really would be a Force to be reckoned with!!! get it:faf::faf:

Duh! Changed it. Still not had my coffee today. :hide:

skipster7
29-03-2011, 11:39 AM

i think CC wants another Luke at him before making his mind up,hopefully wont go to the dark side.:tee hee::taxi

IWasThere2016
29-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Part/Time Supporter
29-03-2011, 11:49 AM
i think CC wants another Luke at him before making his mind up,hopefully wont go to the dark side.:tee hee::taxi

Shame those Chewbacca lookalikes Pressley and Neilson aren't playing for Hertz these days.

EEN is playing this story down, saying he has been offered a three year deal by Killie.

woodythehibee
29-03-2011, 11:53 AM
would take him at ER. Would much prefer Mehdi Taouil as I think we lack creativity as times.

greenlex
29-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Is this the same Hammil that JC couldn't get RP fo part with thrupence over or another one?

CallumLaidlaw
29-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Is this the same Hammil that JC couldn't get RP fo part with thrupence over or another one?

I'd imagine it was this one -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hammell

Beefster
29-03-2011, 12:00 PM

I think that was the Motherwell one - I forget his name.

easty
29-03-2011, 12:01 PM

Nah I think it was the one on loan at the pars. Adam Hamill, now at Blackpool.

easty
29-03-2011, 12:02 PM
I reckon we should compound Killie's misery even more, sign up Fraser Wright and Cammy Bell (you can never have too many 1st team keepers...) too.

JimBHibees
29-03-2011, 12:05 PM
I'd imagine it was this one -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hammell

Yes it was.

Hibby D
29-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Grant Stott mentioned a wee whiley ago that there's a Hibs press release at 2pm.

I suppose it could be a bunch of other stuff but I wouldn't be disappointed if it was news of a pre-contract :agree:

GloryGlory
29-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Grant Stott mentioned a wee whiley ago that there's a Hibs press release at 2pm.

I suppose it could be a bunch of other stuff but I wouldn't be disappointed if it was news of a pre-contract :agree:

New sponsor??

--------
29-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Nah I think it was the one on loan at the pars. Adam Hamill, now at Blackpool.

Sure it wasn't one of the Showunmi boys? :rolleyes:

Speedway
29-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Its Hammil.

Hibby D
29-03-2011, 12:58 PM
New sponsor??

Of course! - I forgot about that in assuming nearly everyone knew already :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
29-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Yup. Nothing at all wrong with someone who riles the opposition and gets well stuck in - as long as he does it in a disciplined manner and avoids getting himself sent off. Haven't had one of those at ER for a long time now.

I don't see the Soapies releasing Richie Towells to us for next season. RB has been a problem for us for a while now, and I can't see CC persevering with Hart, and I fear Kevin McCann may have come to the end of the road at ER - injuries, sadly - so we need a solid signing for that position, and Hamill could very well be that man.

I don't think the tims will be too hard to deal with re Towell.

Mark Wilson signed a new deal and I am sure they have got some young lad from Cardiff for next season who can play right back too.

Jim44
29-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Agree with that.

Like Scott Brown for example? :wink:

easty
29-03-2011, 01:36 PM

Mark Wilson signed a new deal and I am sure they have got some young lad from Cardiff for next season who can play right back too.

But don't they see him as more of a midfielder? A lot will probably be down to Towel himself, if he wants to come back to us on loan then Celtic may well let him but I'd not be surprised if he wanted to stick around, at least till January, to see if he can break into the team.

Golden Bear
29-03-2011, 01:44 PM
But don't they see him as more of a midfielder? A lot will probably be down to Towel himself, if he wants to come back to us on loan then Celtic may well let him but I'd not be surprised if he wanted to stick around, at least till January, to see if he can break into the tea.

Is that the tea that goes with the biscuit tin?

:greengrin

easty
29-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Is that the tea that goes with the biscuit tin?

:greengrin

:na na:

Part/Time Supporter
29-03-2011, 02:16 PM
But don't they see him as more of a midfielder? A lot will probably be down to Towel himself, if he wants to come back to us on loan then Celtic may well let him but I'd not be surprised if he wanted to stick around, at least till January, to see if he can break into the team.

No danger of Celtc ever needing one of those.

:wink:

essexhibee
29-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Would love to see Richie stay as he would be my right back but Hamill seems a steady enough player when ive seen him.

--------
29-03-2011, 02:38 PM

If that proves to be the case I'll be delighted. To have both Hamill and Towell at ER would be a huge improvement on recent times. Not just adding players to the squad, but players who're adaptable to play different roles as required.

Cropley10
29-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Absolute stick on Hearts will be in for him now.

:agree: 100% correct

The Falcon
29-03-2011, 04:52 PM
:agree: 100% correct

Are they still chasing Bryson? It was Bryson wasnt it?

Golden Bear
29-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Are they still chasing Bryson? It was Bryson wasnt it?

And Taouil.

They may as well go for Hamill as well. Maybe FJK fancies a three for two offer.

hfc rd
29-03-2011, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't mind signing him as he is a decent player. Also Calderwood has played down speculation linking him with Hamill.

Jonnyboy
29-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Always thought he was a decent player and I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him

stokesmessiah
30-03-2011, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't mind signing him as he is a decent player. Also Calderwood has played down speculation linking him with Hamill.

Where???

offshorehibby
30-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Where???

Played it down in an interview on Radio Scotland sportsound last night.

Beefster
30-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Its Hammil.

Hammil Hammell? Poor guy.

easty
30-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Hammil Hammell? Poor guy.

No not Hammil Hammell, it's Matt Hamill. This guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Hamill), CC wants us to be a lot tougher on the pitch. Apparantly CC sees him playing in the Matty Jack role.

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Always thought he was a decent player and I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him

Agree, anyone that comes in and can do a job for us, then I am more than comfortable with.....

aberhibsfc
30-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Duh! Changed it. Still not had my coffee today. :hide:

Doddie, you've turned off your computer, is everything alright?