PDA

View Full Version : Yams They're A Big, Physical Team...........

Mikey
27-03-2011, 12:46 PM
......... But they're gonna get the crap kicked out of them next week :take that

:flag:

sixtwo
27-03-2011, 01:01 PM
......... But they're gonna get the crap kicked out of them next week :take that

pallson and scott give us a bit more dig. Sodje should be a handful for them too.:aok:

matty_f
27-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Hope nid finishes the job on black. :agree:

PISTOL1875
27-03-2011, 01:09 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::top marks:top marks:top marks

Mikey
27-03-2011, 01:09 PM

I'd imagine Black will be keeping well clear of him :sofa:

Craig_in_Prague
27-03-2011, 02:17 PM
It'll be a nice change if we can match them physically..

Something we haven't really done since under McLeish, although Mixu somehow had them fighting well under him.

These games are pure scraps, so let's get intae them :flag:

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Love to send Gary Locke away with his tail between his legs. Let's see if he's a big man in defeat, cos he sure likes to act it on the odd occasion things go his way.

Oh, and as for their supporters, we haven't forgotten them calling us **** the last time they visited ER. Let's hope they hang about to hear some real banter instead of skulking away in protest like they usually do.

Bring it on!

Barney McGrew
27-03-2011, 02:51 PM

:agree:

There's a few of their hammer throwers are going to be a wee bit surprised next week when the hammers starting getting thrown back at them :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
27-03-2011, 03:43 PM

Yaaaaaaassss, bring it on yams, bring it on!!!!

GGTTH

heretoday
27-03-2011, 03:46 PM
There will be a sending-off, a penalty and a lot of swearing on the terraces.

Hibs will win.

Col2
27-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Love to send Gary Locke away with his tail between his legs. Let's see if he's a big man in defeat, cos he sure likes to act it on the odd occasion things go his way.

Oh, and as for their supporters, we haven't forgotten them calling us **** the last time they visited ER. Let's hope they hang about to hear some real banter instead of skulking away in protest like they usually do.

Bring it on!

Gary Locke is a loser, always has been and always will be. I spotted him strutting about Ocean Terminal a few weeks back, like he was some kind of celeb:jamboak:

Reality is - he is the guy that sorts the subs out and gets the footballs and nets at training. Not even a proper coach. At least Jumbo and Billy Brown have managed at a reasonable level.

If we win - he will be nowwhere to be seen.

ScottB
27-03-2011, 04:15 PM
I do honestly suspect they will be unprepared for how our team is now. For years they've enjoyed being the bigger, stronger side, but it isn't the case anymore.

I have a feeling Hibs will win and win well.

heretoday
27-03-2011, 04:26 PM
The current feeling is that the long layoff is not good for the boys. I disagree.

I assume CC has not exactly given his charges two weeks off. He will have been focussing on the upcoming match.

And planning the taking apart of the "big team". Get ripped into these people. :aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
27-03-2011, 04:29 PM
The current feeling is that the long layoff is not good for the boys. I disagree.

I assume CC has not exactly given his charges two weeks off. He will have been focussing on the upcoming match.

And planning the taking apart of the "big team". Get ripped into these people. :aok:

And please no more "well be treating the like we do any other game" crap

Hibercelona
27-03-2011, 04:55 PM
7-0 to the hibees.

bring it on ya bassas! :agree:

Pretty Boy
28-03-2011, 10:39 AM
I said to a yam mate of mine the other day they will be shocked at how big our side is now.

For the first time in years we will go into a derby as the bigger, stronger side. Hearts have been murder for weeks and take Kyle out their side and they don't really have a plan B. They still seem to think we are as bad as we where earlier this season, we are a totally different team now and will play with real dig and fight, JJ will expect this but i don't think their fans do, they expect to turn us up, turn us over and leave. They'll be surprised.

CallumLaidlaw
28-03-2011, 10:49 AM
It'll be nice to actually see us competing in the middle of the park.

My worry is always Skacel. He always seems to enjoy getting it right up us.

Maybe Palsson can deal with him :wink:

Franck is God
28-03-2011, 11:27 AM

As long as we are winning comfortably, in the last minute I have no issue with him coming on as a sub and getting himself suspended for the rest of the season with an outrageous tackle that effectively ends his Hibs career

Andy74
28-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Has the St Johnstone game been forgotten? We still got bullied by them. Dickoh and Hanlon not exactly rock solid either! We will be better placed physically than before but we aren't certain to win the battle.

superfurryhibby
28-03-2011, 12:33 PM
It'll be a nice change if we can match them physically..

Something we haven't really done since under McLeish, although Mixu somehow had them fighting well under him.

These games are pure scraps, so let's get intae them :flag:

Seem to remember Mowbray's sides doing not bad against them?

Franck is God
28-03-2011, 07:18 PM

do you mean other than the three 4-0 defeats?

AlbertK86
28-03-2011, 07:27 PM

Here's hoping ... Jimmy, The Iceman, Nid and Sodje get right in about them. Right thro Skacel and Templeton in the first 5 mins. We've waited too long for revenge for Neil Berry taking out Paul Wright, Johnny Collins and any other skilful player we ever had !

Let's really get the fire in the bellies, show them the physical side and then let Miller and Riordan play some flair fitball. 3-1 to the cabbage will do me fine !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rossco442
28-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Some folk on this thread are braver than I am.

I'm NEVER confident going into a derby and this game is no different. Anything can (and has) happened.

AlbertK86
28-03-2011, 07:36 PM

I'm NEVER confident going into a derby and this game is no different. Anything can (and has) happened.

Neither am i mate ... the 3-1 scoreline is a hope more than a prediction!!

As long as we're up for a fight because i'm damn sure they will be so i'd take any kind of win... especially a controversial penalty winner in the 93rd min !!

New Corrie
28-03-2011, 08:58 PM

When was this?

hibeedonald
28-03-2011, 10:06 PM
When was this?

at home we did, 4 years unbeaten at one point?

Hibercelona
29-03-2011, 12:57 AM
It'll be nice to actually see us competing in the middle of the park.

My worry is always Skacel. He always seems to enjoy getting it right up us.

Maybe Palsson can deal with him :wink:

:agree:

Hopefully not in the same way that Riordan did though.

Diclonius
29-03-2011, 01:02 AM

I feel we'll be able to match them in physicality and will to win, two things we haven't had for years. Winning is another thing entirely, but those attributes help us a hell of a lot.

I'm not confident but I am optimistic, which is saying quite a bit.

The Falcon
29-03-2011, 06:48 AM
at home we did, 4 years unbeaten at one point?

Mowbray joined us in May 2004 and left in October 2006. It wasnt quite four years that we went unbeaten at home but it was three different managers. Mowbray was unbeaten at home against Hearts in four games and lost three out of four at PBS and the one at Hampden.

Pretty much a similar record to other Hibs managers.

I do think we are better equipped to take on Hearts than we have been for a wee while. That said they have been kicking lumps out of us for at least the forty years that I have witnessed.

lapsedhibee
29-03-2011, 07:46 AM
they have been kicking lumps out of us for at least the forty years that I have witnessed.

Indeed.

Just one example:

Kaiser1962
29-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Indeed.

Just one example:

I think thats exactly what the man means.

hfc rd
29-03-2011, 05:08 PM
The yams are going to be very suprised on how different we are now since the New Year's derby. We have a much different side from that game and this is the chance to show that with the new players we signed in the Jan transfer window that we are no longer the wee small scared team with no battlers, but bottlers that always get bullied in the derbies.

Both sets of fans will be doing their best from the stands to encourage their players but with the tremendous 12th man initiative we should outsing those gorgie ****s. But then again we need the whole stadium to be singing and cheering on the team, not just the East but the F5 and the West. If we do that, it will create an echoing noise that will be very beneficail to the Hibs players and will give them a gigantic lift. Even the stadium announcer will be trying his best to get us all geared up and ready to support the boys from the first whistle to the last.

We basically have a full strength team for CC to choose upon and the yams are going to be missing three of their key players this Sunday in Lee Wallace, Eggert Jonsson(supposedly banned) and Kevin Kyle. That is a big blow to them, but a big gain for us. They are their for the taking. Remember they are only HEARTS NOT FC BARCELONA OR BRAZIL.

Paul Hanlon and Francis Dickoh should hopefully keep Stephen Elliot quiet, Victor Palsson and Martin/Jimmy Scott should hopefully scare the f*** out of their midfield and as Michael Higdon showed us for St Mirren two weeks ago against those yams at swinie that their CB's can't cope with a big target man, so hopefully Sodje gives their defenders a torrid time and also Vaz Te runnng at them with plenty skill and flair will cause them problems as well.

Come on Hibees, Lets ram it up those rats and prove to them that those days of being the big physical side in the Edinburgh Derbies are over and that has now swayed over to our side.

:cgwa:flag::hibees

EH6 Hibby
29-03-2011, 06:40 PM
The yams are going to be very suprised on how different we are now since the New Year's derby. We have a much different side from that game and this is the chance to show that with the new players we signed in the Jan transfer window that we are no longer the wee small scared team with no battlers, but bottlers that always get bullied in the derbies.

Both sets of fans will be doing their best from the stands to encourage their players but with the tremendous 12th man initiative we should outsing those gorgie ****s. But then again we need the whole stadium to be singing and cheering on the team, not just the East but the F5 and the West. If we do that, it will create an echoing noise that will be very beneficail to the Hibs players and will give them a gigantic lift. Even the stadium announcer will be trying his best to get us all geared up and ready to support the boys from the first whistle to the last.

We basically have a full strength team for CC to choose upon and the yams are going to be missing three of their key players this Sunday in Lee Wallace, Eggert Jonsson(supposedly banned) and Kevin Kyle. That is a big blow to them, but a big gain for us. They are their for the taking. Remember they are only HEARTS NOT FC BARCELONA OR BRAZIL.

Paul Hanlon and Francis Dickoh should hopefully keep Stephen Elliot quiet, Victor Palsson and Martin/Jimmy Scott should hopefully scare the f*** out of their midfield and as Michael Higdon showed us for St Mirren two weeks ago against those yams at swinie that their CB's can't cope with a big target man, so hopefully Sodje gives their defenders a torrid time and also Vaz Te runnng at them with plenty skill and flair will cause them problems as well.

Come on Hibees, Lets ram it up those rats and prove to them that those days of being the big physical side in the Edinburgh Derbies are over and that has now swayed over to our side.

:cgwa:flag::hibees

:top marks

You should do the team talk before the game, that's fair got me fired up more than I was before. :greengrin

Greentinted
29-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Funny, already there's a few of them mumping about the ref. Surely this should be inconsequential to those attached to a big team no?