PDA

View Full Version : NHC Five year deal for Mixu?

vanNISHtelroy
25-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Apparently Mixu has been offered a five year deal to stay as Killie manager.

While I'm delighted the MJ is doing something to try and keep him, does it seem like the best idea? Would Mixu want to tie himself down to that long a deal? Is it a good idea to have any manager on a five year deal?

:thumbsup:In Mixu We Trust:thumbsup:

greenlex
25-03-2011, 09:13 PM

While I'm delighted the MJ is doing something to try and keep him, does it seem like the best idea? Would Mixu want to tie himself down to that long a deal? Is it a good idea to have any manager on a five year deal?

I heard Scunthorpe were interested in him so its likely MJ is trying to get top dollar when Mixu moves.

iwasthere1972
25-03-2011, 09:15 PM

5 years seems a bit excessive. Probably the kiss of death now.

Kaiser1962
25-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Contracts dont mean a huge amount these days except when a club is trying to get rid of a manager it affests his pay off. If the manager wants to move it is merely an inconvenience.

silverhibee
25-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Killie have gave permission to Scunthorpe to talk to Mixu.

iwasthere1972
25-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Killie have gave permission to Scunthorpe to talk to Mixu.

Was it Mixu who recently told Connor Sammon to reject Scunthorpe's bid for him and wait for a move to a bigger club. :greengrin

heretoday
25-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Good man Mixu. I'd welcome him back at ER any time

.......just not as manager.

hibs0666
25-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Good man Mixu. I'd welcome him back at ER any time

.......just not as manager.

There's no doubt in my mind that Mixu will go on to manage bigger clubs than Hibs, and letting him go will prove to be Hibs biggest managerial mistake of recent years.

lyonhibs
25-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Mixu was the right man at the wrong time for Hibs. As with the poster above, I think Mixu will go far in the game of football management, it'll just be a slow burning process.

Unlike, for example, the most recently deposed Hibs manager.

SkintHibby
26-03-2011, 03:43 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that Mixu will go on to manage bigger clubs than Hibs, and letting him go will prove to be Hibs biggest managerial mistake of recent years.

Hibernians biggest managerial mistake was employing him in the first place!

hibsbollah
26-03-2011, 08:40 PM

Worst post ive ever read.

sunshine1875
26-03-2011, 09:35 PM

I see there are a few not agreeing with you.

At the time, I felt it was time for Mixu to leave. Our team had no direction, no midfield, yet he did make us hard to beat (draws against Celtic and Rangers at ER and a win at Tiny in the post split games). Yogi came in and gave us a more skillful, yet weaker midfield. Overall, IMO Yogi took us two steps forward, then ten steps back.

CC has come in and his first task was to make us hard to beat. I do wonder if CC has only got us to where we were at the end of Mixu's reign and also wonder where Mixu would have taken us if he had more time! We can only guess!

Mark79
26-03-2011, 09:40 PM
In talks with Finland about the national job on a part time basis. Surely better options out there for an international manager?

Gatecrasher
26-03-2011, 09:57 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12860198.stm

New Corrie
26-03-2011, 10:01 PM

But his teams didn't play the Hibs way, whatever that is:confused:

hibs0666
27-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Worst post ive ever read.

There is none so blind as those that will not see.

Opinions eh?

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Mixu was the right man at the wrong time for Hibs. As with the poster above, I think Mixu will go far in the game of football management, it'll just be a slow burning process.

Unlike, for example, the most recently deposed Hibs manager.

Some people are capable of learning from things that go wrong. Others struggle.

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Eh, but surely if he is going to go on to manage bigger clubs, then he would have been leaving anyway? As it is, Mixu himself has held up his hands, and said he needed time to learn, and that his year out after Hibs let him go, has helped make him the manager he is.

heretoday
27-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I think football management is about chemistry and Mixu has found the right equation at Killie - a squad of hard working, keen young chaps who'll follow his orders to the letter.

There was a lot of pressure on him at Hibs and he was not blessed with the best of squads.

There are managers who thrive on success and managers who blossom in adversity. I reckon Mixu is of the latter breed. Put him in charge of an underperforming club and he'll come good. If he landed at Scunthorpe or Sheff Utd he'd be great.

JimBHibees
28-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Not impossible that he can go on to be an excellent manager elsewhere as he is doing a decent job with Killie and has them playing with a bit of style however IMO teh Eremenko signing kind of skews that given he is a top quality player no team in Scotland could afford normally.

Wish him the best however without wanting to patronise Killie it probably suits him better to have less expectation and criticism than was the case with Hibs. Sounds like he is developing as a manager, also think his choice of asistant is better at Killie.