PDA

View Full Version : Hibs ticket office!!!!!!!

ArmadaleHibs
25-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Been trying to call ticket office to get a season ticket for me and my son for the last two hours but just keeps ringing out. Deadline day is today for payment plan tickets but it seems to me theyre not that bothered. Anyone else had problems today?

Mikey
25-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Just over two hours until they close for the day so they're probably more bothered with the queue out the door.

Did you bother calling earlier in the week?

hibeenicol
25-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Been trying to call ticket office to get a season ticket for me and my son for the last two hours but just keeps ringing out. Deadline day is today for payment plan tickets but it seems to me theyre not that bothered. Anyone else had problems today?

If it's for payment plan I'm pretty sure you need to go in person to sign the direct debit mandate or send the form in signed before today.

ArmadaleHibs
No im in the armed forces and im just back today.

H18sry

If it's for the payment plan you have to go in or send in your forms as they need your direct debit mandates signed.

Mikeystewart
25-03-2011, 02:55 PM
just back from handing in payment plan It was heaving que half the length of the west stand and they had three windows open, got there at 1:15 left ticket office at 2:20

easty
25-03-2011, 02:55 PM

Excuses...:rolleyes:

derekHFC
25-03-2011, 03:01 PM
How long has this offer been available?

Why do people wait till the last minute to do these things?? :devil:

DaveF
25-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I spent an hour in the queue today, but whether it's the 1st day or last day, Hibs should have someone answering the phone.

Anything else is just ***** service IMO.

linlithgowhibbie
25-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Not to chuffed myself, I drove in from Linlithgow (32mile round trip) to get a ticket for the hearts game, saw the queue, asked if there was a window for match tickets, or if I could get one without standing in the seasons queue and was told I'd have to wait. Didn't have time to wait 1 1/2-2hrs so had to go empty handed.
Am now night shift so won't be in when office is open.
I realise I can go thru ticketmaster but really grudge the add ons:agree:

sleeping giant
25-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I spent most of the day on the phone yesterday after getting my forms sent back to me for the initial payment. I was told to ring the number but kept getting diverted to a voicemail then immediately cut off.
I eventually got through today and was assured that if i posted all the forms back today i would still qualify for the offer as the letter would be post marked !

I have my doubts :greengrin

I also await my forms getting returned as i applied for the Hibs kids family tickets but there are only 250 available and they still have not got my forms so i would expect that these are gone now.

moredun
25-03-2011, 03:22 PM
I spent an hour in the queue today, but whether it's the 1st day or last day, Hibs should have someone answering the phone.

Anything else is just ***** service IMO.

True, regardless of the situation, someone should always be on hand to answer a phone.
If a lot of people are trying to get through, in the end it could mean lost business, which is bad business

PaulSmith
25-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Not to chuffed myself, I drove in from Linlithgow (32mile round trip) to get a ticket for the hearts game, saw the queue, asked if there was a window for match tickets, or if I could get one without standing in the seasons queue and was told I'd have to wait. Didn't have time to wait 1 1/2-2hrs so had to go empty handed.
Am now night shift so won't be in when office is open.
I realise I can go thru ticketmaster but really grudge the add ons:agree:

Cost of petrol plus time take to travel compared to pick exactly where you sit online for £1.50...know what I would've done

sleeping giant
25-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Cost of petrol plus time take to travel compared to pick exactly where you sit online for £1.50...know what I would've done

He has a point though. He shouldn't have had to wait in the queue for season tickets on deadline day !

PaulSmith
25-03-2011, 03:31 PM
He has a point though. He shouldn't have had to wait in the queue for season tickets on deadline day !

Exactly, with a bit of planning i'd have went no where near Easter Road today knowing how a large amount of supporters waits until the last minute :greengrin

sleeping giant
25-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Exactly, with a bit of planning i'd have went no where near Easter Road today knowing how a large amount of supporters waits until the last minute :greengrin

Loads and loads of people do though and Hibs know this. Surely a wee unmanned window with a bell or something for actual match tickets.

I've waited in these queues for hours in the past. Infact i met Jamie fi the bounce there on this day last year:greengrin

ionahibby
25-03-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm actually pretty annoyed with hibs at the moment! Due to work i've been unable to get down to easter road which now means i will have to fork out the lump sum for the season ticket, would it be that hard for hibs to extend the payment plan for another week!!! Better still why the end of march for the payment plan why not april:confused: are they they that desperate for confirmed cash not chuffed to say the least

FastEddieFelson
25-03-2011, 03:53 PM
i'm planning on heading along tomorrow to get derby tickets and i intend on cheekily asking if i can hand in my payment plan forms a day late - anyone care to guess what the response will be?

LancashireHibby
25-03-2011, 04:24 PM
i'm planning on heading along tomorrow to get derby tickets and i intend on cheekily asking if i can hand in my payment plan forms a day late - anyone care to guess what the response will be?

I would think it very likely that there will be a backlog of payment plan applications to be processed so I'd say you might have a fair chance of getting away with it.

Beefster
25-03-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure why folk are annoyed at Hibs or the Ticket Office. Folk have known all the deadlines and details for weeks. It's not like everyone only found out on Wednesday.

It's harsh but if you couldn't get down to ER before today or even at all, that's your problem. I'm not really sure how you expect Hibs to cater for your personal circumstances seeing as it would mean that they'd have to be flexible for thousands for supporters.

hibeenicol
25-03-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm actually pretty annoyed with hibs at the moment! Due to work i've been unable to get down to easter road which now means i will have to fork out the lump sum for the season ticket, would it be that hard for hibs to extend the payment plan for another week!!! Better still why the end of march for the payment plan why not april:confused: are they they that desperate for confirmed cash not chuffed to say the least

Why be annoyed at hibs? you've had a whole month to renew. You also could have posted the forms you don't need to go down in person.

hibeenicol
25-03-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure why folk are annoyed at Hibs or the Ticket Office. Folk have known all the deadlines and details for weeks. It's not like everyone only found out on Wednesday.

It's harsh but if you couldn't get down to ER before today or even at all, that's your problem. I'm not really sure how you expect Hibs to cater for your personal circumstances seeing as it would mean that they'd have to be flexible for thousands for supporters.

:agree:

It's easier to blame someone else though rather than blame yourself.

HibbyDave
25-03-2011, 05:15 PM
just say NO THANKS.......I'll take my chances with walking up next season.

NO TEN TEAM LEAGUE

moredun
25-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Aye your all heart:rolleyes:

SneakersO'Toole
25-03-2011, 06:24 PM

NO TEN TEAM LEAGUE

I appreciate your view regarding the ten team league but don't try justify your stance by getting other Hibs fans to not renew their season tickets.

Your effectively doing the club you love out of money and limiting the managers budget while your at it.

DaveF
25-03-2011, 06:52 PM

I think people absolutely have the right to expect Hibs to pick up the phone to answer queries.

I've no problem waiting an hour in the queue - my choice to leave it to the last minute - but it's a different case altogether not even having a spare body to pick up a phone and handle that particular part of the TO operation.

Removed
25-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I think people absolutely have the right to expect Hibs to pick up the phone to answer queries.

I've no problem waiting an hour in the queue - my choice to leave it to the last minute - but it's a different case altogether not even having a spare body to pick up a phone and handle that particular part of the TO operation.

:agree: or even having a working answering machine to take messages

Beefster
25-03-2011, 07:07 PM

Maybe Hibs resourced today based on previous experience and it still wasn't enough or had every employee in that they could arrange? If their priority is to deal with the customers who have physically turned up on the last day of an offer then they are right to ignore the phone. Just like the folk turning up knew it would be busy today, so did those phoning.

As 65bd says though, they should have an answering machine of some sort.

lucky
25-03-2011, 07:18 PM

NO TEN TEAM LEAGUE

Quality response NOT why are you encouraging fans not to take season tickets for next season cos you oppose change in two years time! The more ST sales more guaranteed money Hibs have to invest in the team

Nando™
25-03-2011, 07:19 PM
I blame Hibs, for everything.

Barney McGrew
25-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I blame Hibs, for everything.

Apparently you're not alone by the looks of it.

Nando™
Apparently you're not alone by the looks of it.
Hibs killed Jesus don't you know..

iwasthere1972
:agree: or even having a working answering machine to take messages

I would hate to be the person trying to decipher the hundreds of messages left by angry fans. From past experience I can tell you that most office answering machines are terrible at the best of times and sometimes you have to play the same message over and over again before deciding that the best thing to do is press the erase button.

Iggy Pope
25-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Hibs killed Jesus don't you know..

I think it's time someone wrote them a letter

Luna_Asylum
25-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Have the club sent out ST renewal packs to current holders this year? I'm assuming not seeing as me and my old man haven't had anything.

why did you post this last week?

Beefster
25-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Have the club sent out ST renewal packs to current holders this year? I'm assuming not seeing as me and my old man haven't had anything.

why did you post this last week?

I thought it was obvious from my second sentence? I hadn't received my pack (and never did).

Just to counter the point you're probably going to make, I was still aware of the prices, deadlines, dates etc etc etc before I posted that. Despite not having received my pack, I still managed to renew before today (not that I was using the payment plan).

Removed
25-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I would hate to be the person trying to decipher the hundreds of messages left by angry fans. From past experience I can tell you that most office answering machines are terrible at the best of times and sometimes you have to play the same message over and over again before deciding that the best thing to do is press the erase button.

Aye forgot about that. You've obviously met sleeping giant anaw :wink:

ArabHibee
25-03-2011, 08:47 PM

Whilst I understand where you are coming from, the OP has stated that he only got back this week from a stint with the Armed Forces. I'm sure there will be other Hibees in a similar situation.

Jack
25-03-2011, 08:48 PM

NO TEN TEAM LEAGUE

I thought that was the season after next :rolleyes:

I think its only fair that someone on the phone for two minutes should have preference over someone who has waited in a queue for 50 miniutes. I mean just what are Hibs playing at? Its not as if everyone hasn't known about this for about a month :rolleyes:

PaulSmith
25-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Warning, there will be a similar thread at 3pm next Friday when the cup top up deadline expires. If anyone wants to avoid feeling annoyed at the Ticket Office next week then I suggest that you use the next 6.5 days to call, visit or renew online.
There are other deadlines which should also be met to renew your existing seat or risk losing it.

There, no need to blame anyone else now but yourself! :)

BoltonHibee
25-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Whilst I understand where you are coming from, the OP has stated that he only got back this week from a stint with the Armed Forces. I'm sure there will be other Hibees in a similar situation.

Your absolutely spot on, there would appear to be a lot of smug *******s on this thread.

Stantons Angel
25-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Here we go again!!!

The payment plan deadline of March 25th was given a month ago. Every piece of advertising used had this on it. We know people do leave things to the last minute and you will NOT be the only one either!

To slate the ticket office is getting very boring indeed. Its a thankless job dealing with frustrated supporters' demands (and i mean demands!)

The ticket office phones ARE manned, you no sooner put the phone down and it rings again! Its a continual process with many of the callers having NONE of the information needed to renew their tickets??? This causes more time in staff having to look up details. (do any of you recognise yourselves?)

If there was a separate window set up for selling match tickets, people in the queue to renew season tickets would be moaning that someone is sitting doing nothing while they are queuing to get served! (think about it !)
Just how long in advance do we need to know so we can get down for match tickets?

The ticket office staff are kept really busy at this time of year. They work hard for little pay and sometimes get almost no respect from those they serve. Is it little wonder they too get frustrated reading complaints like these when they have given their all?

Isnt it time you stopped making the ticket office staff the subject of your wrath and helped make it easier for all concerned when renewing season tickets?

A month is surely enough time to complete a form and hand it in,the ticket office has been open every weekday and the postman has been delivering letters to them all month too. In Knowing today is the last day for payment plan applications why moan about phones ringing and having to queue,when its was your own choice to leave it till the last day?

No matter what they do they will never please everybody, will they?
:rolleyes:

Beefster
25-03-2011, 09:41 PM

I was trying to argue that it's not Hibs' fault that we all have different pressures rather than that some Hibs fans don't have valid reasons for leaving it late.

BoltonHibee
25-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I was trying to argue that it's not Hibs' fault that we all have different pressures rather than that some Hibs fans don't have valid reasons for leaving it late.

At the end of the day, it's Hibs loss really, if their customers cant get through to place their orders then they probably won't bother with a season ticket at the end of the day.

It's not ad if anyone really needs one.

You should be able to get through whether it is day 1 of the offer or day 30.

ArabHibee
25-03-2011, 09:52 PM

Really? You said:

Don't see anywhere in your first post about outside pressures for folk.

RoYO!
25-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I had filled it all out including direct debit mandate only to take one look at the queue and turned back around.

Just going to pay the full whack.

why don't they have an online version by now??? I work across town and only get away early on a fri occassionally.

Seems the club has learned didly from the CIS final shambles (8hrs)

if STF ran businesses so ineficciently where would we be now...

monktonharp
25-03-2011, 10:14 PM

It's harsh but if you couldn't get down to ER before today or even at all, that's your problem. I'm not really sure how you expect Hibs to cater for your personal circumstances seeing as it would mean that they'd have to be flexible for thousands for supporters. er................yeah, he's got a damned cheek expecting someone to answer a phone:rolleyes:

malcky
25-03-2011, 10:43 PM
er................yeah, he's got a damned cheek expecting someone to answer a phone:rolleyes:

Went down at the back of 3 and was sorted within 20mins. Very helpful staff :aok:

monktonharp
25-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Went down at the back of 3 and was sorted within 20mins. Very helpful staff :aok:not arguing mate, Iwent yesterday and yes, helpful..............but they dinnae do phone answering, past experience .

malcky
25-03-2011, 10:55 PM
not arguing mate, Iwent yesterday and yes, helpful..............but they dinnae do phone answering, past experience .

to be honest i tried to phone for the last couple of days with no luck constantly ringing out but normally i have no problem getting through.

HibbyDave
26-03-2011, 08:49 AM
I appreciate your view regarding the ten team league but don't try justify your stance by getting other Hibs fans to not renew their season tickets.

Your effectively doing the club you love out of money and limiting the managers budget while your at it.

At the risk of offending anyone, I really can see why some fans want to renew their ticket (usually peer pressure).
I did not try to justify my stance in any way. I choose not to renew as I don't share the views of the Hibernian Board who appear to have chosen to back the revised ten team league.

I am not "doing Hbs out of Cash", they have had plenty from me in the years gone by! I am simply stating that I will control when I spend cash to see Hibs in the future instead of pre-paying for a season ticket.
This is the only way to register any meaningful protest against a board who have not asked their own customers what they want regarding the proposed league reconstruction. They seemed happy to talk to the fans in the past on matters affecting Hibs (Stadium re-build etc) so why the deafening silence ofrom them over this issue?
Why no update from the club on season ticket sales versus previous years?
You do the math.

Beefster
26-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Really? You said:

Don't see anywhere in your first post about outside pressures for folk.

I'd count not being able to get down to ER because you're away as an outside pressure that isn't Hibs fault. You're right though, the words "outside pressures" definitely don't appear in that post.

not arguing mate, Iwent yesterday and yes, helpful..............but they dinnae do phone answering, past experience .

My past experience says that they do answer the phone (and emails) very fast unless it's a day when huge queues are likely to form outside the Ticket Office.

flash
26-03-2011, 09:45 AM
We have all had weeks to sort ourselves out so the whinging, whilst entirely predictable is just that- whinging.

As for the guy who has just returned from active service one would hope special dispensation could be applied in such cases.

martin63
26-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Warning, there will be a similar thread at 3pm next Friday when the cup top up deadline expires. If anyone wants to avoid feeling annoyed at the Ticket Office next week then I suggest that you use the next 6.5 days to call, visit or renew online.
There are other deadlines which should also be met to renew your existing seat or risk losing it.

There, no need to blame anyone else now but yourself! :)

Would I be right in saying that if you took the early renewal you got a free cup top up or did I just make that up?:confused:

In respect of having to queue up for renewals, when I was getting mine I was talking to the very nice helpfull young lady and asked why we could not just send in a form saying yes I want to renew as they already have my details from last year. She said she didn't know why but it would certainly make their life a lot easier.
Maybe something for hibs to look at next year?

GGTTH

PaulSmith
26-03-2011, 09:55 AM
At the risk of offending anyone, I really can see why some fans want to renew their ticket (usually peer pressure).
I did not try to justify my stance in any way. I choose not to renew as I don't share the views of the Hibernian Board who appear to have chosen to back the revised ten team league.

I am not "doing Hbs out of Cash", they have had plenty from me in the years gone by! I am simply stating that I will control when I spend cash to see Hibs in the future instead of pre-paying for a season ticket.
This is the only way to register any meaningful protest against a board who have not asked their own customers what they want regarding the proposed league reconstruction. They seemed happy to talk to the fans in the past on matters affecting Hibs (Stadium re-build etc) so why the deafening silence ofrom them over this issue?
Why no update from the club on season ticket sales versus previous years?
You do the math.

Aye, peer pressure right enough or maybe happy to accept that if we want to see better players on the park then sometimes we, as supporters, need to put our hand in our pocket.

Again though there has been NO vote on the 10 team league and next season it will be the same as this season. Do you protest if and when the 10 team league comes along.

I presume that we can see you first in the queue to renew if the vote is not passed and we still have the same structure as before or is the protest actually against the Board no matter what the end result is?

Furthermore as custodians of our club I believe that the Board will look after what is best for the football club at this moment in time, everyone wants a 16/18 team league (even our own board has admitted that) but now is not the time for it for purely financial reasons and I'm happy to accept this and continue to support Colin Calderwood and the team.

Back the team and take your gripe with the Board directly to them.

PaulSmith
26-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Would I be right in saying that if you took the early renewal you got a free cup top up or did I just make that up?:confused:

In respect of having to queue up for renewals, when I was getting mine I was talking to the very nice helpfull young lady and asked why we could not just send in a form saying yes I want to renew as they already have my details from last year. She said she didn't know why but it would certainly make their life a lot easier.
Maybe something for hibs to look at next year?

GGTTH

That's exactly what I did, no need to queue for anything?

In addition if you want to renew and pay in a lump sum them you can do this online.

martin63
26-03-2011, 10:02 AM

In addition if you want to renew and pay in a lump sum them you can do this online.

I was using the payment plan and as yet there is not a facilty to just renew, or if there was the girl never knew about it and it was not advertised

Stantons Angel
26-03-2011, 10:07 AM
You could have sent in your completed form to the Ticket Office and filled in the credit/debit card details stipulating only for the first payment.

This would have been acceptable as long as it is in by the deadline date of 25th March!

No queuing, phoning or moaning then?

PaulSmith
26-03-2011, 10:08 AM
I was using the payment plan and as yet there is not a facilty to just renew, or if there was the girl never knew about it and it was not advertised

Fill in the forms, Inc dd mandate and credit agreement and post them.
It was all over the forms where to post them to?

martin63
26-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Fill in the forms, Inc dd mandate and credit agreement and post them.
It was all over the forms where to post them to?

I am not complaining about having to stand in a queue or about the service I was given. Far from it. I was just thinking that in future to save the office staff a lot of hassle and extra work it would be easier if you could just renew with the existing details they already have on file. That way the only people they would have to deal with are the new season holders that want the payment plan. Just an idea that may or may not work.

What is the deal with the cup top up? Is it included this year and if not how much is it?

smurf
26-03-2011, 10:30 AM
I stood in the queue first thing... my two renewals and further two I've persuaded to buy.

The staff I thought were very efficient.

However, phones should not be ringing out....

KeithTheHibby
26-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I left it to the last minute to get down to ER to renew and was in the queue for an hour however that was my fault for being a tail end charlie.
The staff were very helpful especially the dark haired aussie lass, attractive to boot!

Hopefully next year renewing can be done online or over the phone, seems rediculous that I had to fill in all those forms again with pretty much the same info.

HibbyDave
26-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Aye, peer pressure right enough or maybe happy to accept that if we want to see better players on the park then sometimes we, as supporters, need to put our hand in our pocket.

Again, without any indication of the intention of the club regarding the proposed restructure.

Again though there has been NO vote on the 10 team league and next season it will be the same as this season. Do you protest if and when the 10 team league comes along.

It would be too late to register any protest after the event.

I presume that we can see you first in the queue to renew if the vote is not passed and we still have the same structure as before or is the protest actually against the Board no matter what the end result is?

In general terms the board have done a great job so far for Hibernian. That does not mean they are untouchable regarding every isue.

Furthermore as custodians of our club I believe that the Board will look after what is best for the football club at this moment in time, everyone wants a 16/18 team league (even our own board has admitted that) but now is not the time for it for purely financial reasons and I'm happy to accept this and continue to support Colin Calderwood and the team.

Really, where and when?

Back the team and take your gripe with the Board directly to them.

In Rod we trust...all others pay cash. I think I'll be just an "other" fan who chooses when to attend and when to spend.

HibbyRod
26-03-2011, 12:03 PM

There seemed to be a problem in renewing online if you were part of a "Family" renewal.

I was trying to renew online for both my grandson and me (as I have done for the past 6 years).

However, despite confirming our client reference numbers, and our renewals for Hibs Kid family tickets, the site was diverting to non-family rates, i.e., £550 in total for us both. Whichever route I took to circumvent this, it would not allow me to process the correct ST purchase rate (£465).

I 'phoned ER initailly and I was told that I could renew over the 'phone. I tried for 2/3 days to get through on the telerphone unsuccessfully, and had to give in eventually, and went down to the TO on Thursday to renew personally.

Waited about half-an-hour, then paid correct amount, and all was processed efficiently. So, the face-to-face service was fine. :thumbsup:

However, the online system seems to have problems in handling a straightforward request for family tie-up renewals at present. I mentioned this to 2 different Hibs employees, and one of them said they would look into it.

The telephone handling is a disgrace when the office is busy. :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
26-03-2011, 03:42 PM
I was also down yesterday, just to get tickets for next weekend. I did know it was the last day for renewals with the payment plan but was also gobsmacked how many people were there to do it, bearing in mind how long they had had, but I guess that is human nature to leave parting with the hard earned to the last minute possible. One of the young ladies was going up the queue when I was there collecting forms that were completed which I thought was a good idea. A lot of the ones at the windows seemed to be ones with some sort of "problem" as some of them appeared to take a helluva time. Answering the phones is another issue though. Should they have had extra staff on to man the phones? Did they even know they would have big queues? I usually just use the phone and have never had a problem with it being answered but wanted to hit the shop for some bargains. :greengrin

Anyway, yes I had to wait. Did it bother me? Not one iota.

Guy back from active service is a different story and I would be extremely surprised if Hibs did not look on it sympathetically. However, for them to do that, he has to contact them.

DaveF
26-03-2011, 04:00 PM
I think its only fair that someone on the phone for two minutes should have preference over someone who has waited in a queue for 50 miniutes. I mean just what are Hibs playing at? Its not as if everyone hasn't known about this for about a month :rolleyes:

No need for the sarcasm Jack :greengrin

Having someone take the calls to answer queries should not really have been a difficult to thing to do while the 3 windows served the punters in the queue?

Just basic customer service IMO.

Beefster
26-03-2011, 04:48 PM
This is the sort of thread for which Hibs should have an official account on Net, the Bounce etc. That way they could explain the situation (or apologise, if necessary) rather than have everyone having to make their own assumptions about why things were the way they were.

If bigger companies than Hibs can do it on the likes of AVForums and ThinkBroadband, I don't see why Hibs can't. It may even convince some folk that Hibs do want to communicate with their customers because if their attitude to Twitter and Facebook is anything to go by.....

ginger_rice
26-03-2011, 05:15 PM

I reckon you should contact the club and explain the circumstances mate.

Helensburgh and in the forces , not a sun dodger are you? :greengrin

Jack
26-03-2011, 05:50 PM
No need for the sarcasm Jack :greengrin

Having someone take the calls to answer queries should not really have been a difficult to thing to do while the 3 windows served the punters in the queue?

Just basic customer service IMO.

Well its one of the things that really gets on my thruppenny bits! You wait in a queue, like these folk, for ages you get to the front the phones goes and 10 seconds later its answered – five minutes later you're still waiting to get served! Not happened to me at Hibs I might add.

I can see the problem at the ticket office where they can’t get enough experienced and trustworthy staff to (wo)man the phones and deal with what is probably a substantial amount of cash lying around.

If they had got some temp staff in I suspect there would have been an equally long thread on here going on about the idiots that served them at the window or knew nothing when they phoned. Meanwhile the club lose money through the incompetence of temp staff, who are maybe only there for a day or two, possibly walking out the door with more in pockle than their wage.

Meanwhile this last 34 days or so the experienced and trustworthy staff, who can probably do a season ticket application in 5 minutes, have been sitting twiddling their thumbs desperately waiting for someone to serve or call.

The club are in a no win situation. IMO.

And apologies to anyone who thought they were at the wrong end of my sarcasm! :greengrin :greengrin

marinello59
28-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Well its one of the things that really gets on my thruppenny bits! You wait in a queue, like these folk, for ages you get to the front the phones goes and 10 seconds later its answered – five minutes later you're still waiting to get served! Not happened to me at Hibs I might add.

Some of us have no choice but to use the phone. The online system still doesn't recognise family groups so somebody on the end of a phone willing to take my money would be appreciated. Yet again today I have failed to get through, perhaps the ticket office is shut but there is no message to say so. I am pretty close to giving up to be honest.

matty_f
28-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Some of us have no choice but to use the phone. The online system still doesn't recognise family groups so somebody on the end of a phone willing to take my money would be appreciated. Yet again today I have failed to get through, perhaps the ticket office is shut but there is no message to say so. I am pretty close to giving up to be honest.

Try dropping them an email, in my experience they are great at getting back to you to respond to an email.

marinello59
29-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Try dropping them an email, in my experience they are great at getting back to you to respond to an email.

:agree: I have done that successfully in the past.

Anyway........got through first time on the phone today. Despite having to deal with a grumpy old whinger like myself the girl on the phone could not have been more helpful. As always when you do actually get to speak to someone the service is first class. :thumbsup:

bingo70
29-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Meant to reply to this thread when it was first started but just got round to it the now, in my experience the ticket office have been brilliant with me, last season i missed a payment on the payment plan when i changed banks, entirely my fault (or my banks, but not the clubs) but they bent over backwards for me trying to help me out in getting it paid. This season i was struggling to get down on friday, couldnt do it earlier as thats when i got paid so i emailed the club, got a response from the ticket office manager (Judith Ireland i think?) saying they could extend the deadline to saturday for me.

I think they do a pretty good job considering the moaning bassas they have to deal with.

Plus the aussie sounding blonde bird in there as an absolute topper as well and thats equally important IMO :agree:

Hibs Class
29-03-2011, 11:33 AM

Same thing happened to me but as I was doing the online purchase in the evening I knew the TO would be shut, so I just did the full price online purchase then emailed the TO with my confirmation number and a request for a refund of the overpaid amount above what the family price would have been. They called me at the weekend and put the refund through.