PDA

View Full Version : Diamond to the Yams??

moredun
25-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Let's hope so, he is dire:faf:

Along with Barr and the coward that is Webster, doncha just love it:faf:

easty
25-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Diamond is a diddy, he'd no get much of a game for them. Zaliukas and Webster would play at first choice and are two good centre halfs.

iwasthere1972
25-03-2011, 12:36 PM

He might give them the cutting edge that they are looking for.

Edinburgh Green
25-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Is zaliukas not out of contract in the summer?

moredun
25-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Is zaliukas not out of contract in the summer?

Never heard of him signing a new contract, so did VLad let him play after JJ assured all the yams he had say in who plays and who doesn't:greengrin

Then came out with " i will need to speak to Mr Romanov about the situation with Zaliukas, we need him in the team"

JJ=billy liar, it's kind of the norm with JJ aint it

EskbankHibby
25-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Very pleasing news if true.

If Jefferies is looking to bring in this type of player it suggests two things, firstly that he is now operating on a very much restricted budget and can only look at out of contract journeyman like Diamond. Secondly, it means he can't pick a player.

The saddest indictment of Scottish football this season has been the fact that a dreadful Hearts team have cantered to 3rd position.

CallumLaidlaw
25-03-2011, 01:21 PM

If Jefferies is looking to bring in this type of player it suggests two things, firstly that he is now operating on a very much restricted budget and can only look at out of contract journeyman like Diamond. Secondly, it means he can't pick a player.

The saddest indictment of Scottish football this season has been the fact that a dreadful Hearts team have cantered to 3rd position.

Agree with most of what you say. But how is Zander Diamond a journeyman?

matty_f
25-03-2011, 01:21 PM

Not yet, United can still catch them and I'd fancy them to do it if we win the derby.:wink:

easty
25-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Not yet, United can still catch them and I'd fancy them to do it if we win the derby.:wink:

Nah, I hope they do but really cant see Utd catching Hearts this season. Would love it if they could.

easty
25-03-2011, 01:29 PM

Journeyman is macedonian for big ugly huddy.:wink:

CB_NO3
25-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Its Bouzid thats out of contract. Am pretty sure Zaliukas just signed a new deal.

Hibercelona
25-03-2011, 01:33 PM
We can laugh at them all we want. But they have a knack of signing huddies and getting them to win games.

I think we should just focus on our own going on's at the moment. No use laughing at players they sign or are apparently going to sign, until we see how they actually fit in to their team.

BEEJ
25-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Diamond is a diddy, he'd no get much of a game for them. Zaliukas and Webster would play at first choice and are two good centre halfs.
Zaliukas is probably seem as a player with value who can be sold in the summer to take the pressure of the maximum debt position that they are always flirting with.

Driver and Shotgun would be other contenders for the great 2011 summer sale.

easty
25-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Zaliukas is probably seem as a player with value who can be sold in the summer to take the pressure of the maximum debt position that they are always flirting with.

Driver and Shotgun would be other contenders for the great 2011 summer sale.

Who's going to buy him now? They had the chance to make good money for him and knocked it back (Burnley, wasnt it?), they'll not get that again.

BEEJ
25-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Who's going to buy him now? They had the chance to make good money for him and knocked it back (Burnley, wasnt it?), they'll not get that again.
You're assuming that Vlad will hold out for the same ridiculous price that he wanted before. I'm not. :wink:

heretoday
25-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Now verily we can say....there is a Diamond in the rough.:greengrin

Barney McGrew
25-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Face like a melted wellie.

He'll fit in well over by.

moredun
25-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Face like a melted wellie.

He'll fit in well over by.

That's a quality one:faf:

no heard that in years

At The Edge
25-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Most Jambos in my work are in total agreement with the rest of the various teams fans that Diamond is a grade A Dobber and they....

....Do Not Want...

:greengrin

Golden Bear
25-03-2011, 04:52 PM
So tell me --------- Who was Darren Barr?

:wink:

:hmmm:

EskbankHibby
25-03-2011, 05:52 PM

He's a journeyman who has stayed with the same club all his career.:greengrin