PDA

View Full Version : Midweek matches - 6pm kick-offs

The Slav
25-03-2011, 09:32 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12852316.stm

Is someone having a laugh here??

I have no sympathy for the Old Infirm, but surely this is yet another example of the demise of our game and the cost of taking Sky's money.

6pm kick off for midweek games - absolute madness. further proof that the people who are running football don't give a flying about the fans

Removed
25-03-2011, 09:34 AM
What about the Perth saints. Two weeks in a row :bitchy:

You know what to do then :agree:

The Slav
25-03-2011, 09:41 AM
I for one, will be taking positive action

I won't switch my telly on until 7.45 for Real Madrid v Spurs :na na:

Saorsa
25-03-2011, 10:39 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12852316.stm

Is someone having a laugh here??

I have no sympathy for the Old Infirm, but surely this is yet another example of the demise of our game and the cost of taking Sky's money.

6pm kick off for midweek games - absolute madness. further proof that the people who are running football don't give a flying ****** about the fansIf any were needed. :agree: and as usual in this country it'll be the smaller club and their fans that will lose out as this will nae doubt have an impact on the money taken through the gate and their ST holders who have paid cannae make the ridiculous KO time foisted upon them. Yet those who run these other clubs continually bend over and accept it.

franks
25-03-2011, 10:42 AM
They've really stuck it up the Saints with this one. TV rules OK.

Removed
25-03-2011, 10:58 AM
They've really stuck it up the Saints with this one. TV rules OK.

I know 2 St J ST holders who work in the same dept as me. To say they are p'd of is an understatement. I know how I'd feel if I had to get from the Gyle to ER for a 6pm KO :bitchy: :grr:

moredun
25-03-2011, 11:07 AM
As the ill firm never lose out due to the fact that they don't allow cameras to cover there games at their vermin riddled grounds, unless they are playing the shame game against each other.

Can clubs just not refuse due to impossibilities of their own fans getting to the game, hence losing a fortune and s/t holders who have paid may not be able to make it.

If this happened to the ill firm, what am i saying, this would never happen to the bigot 2, but if it was mentioned it would have the whole of the sfa/spl saying it was not on, never mind the ill firm.

Is that not a good time for them to play their shame game against each other

cabbageandribs1875
25-03-2011, 11:31 AM
the way i'm reading that article is it's happening because of the fixture congestion ? all clubs involved appear to understand the need for those kick off times and they would miss out on TV money if sky/espn pulled out of live coverage going up against terrestial tv CL games :dunno: at the end of the day cash is king :agree: the clubs involved dont appear to be complaining too loud "There hasn't been a strong reaction from the clubs, certainly in my direction.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Football is supposed to be for the fans. Yet again it seems the fans are the last one considered in this. When will the clubs stand up for themselves?

They have gone into this with there eyes wide open, fawning to everything thats offered to them. Every change this league makes is to help the old fim, and its to the detriment of everyone else.

Until we as a unit, i mean the rest of the league bar the bigots stand up and say enough is enough. Then more and more stupid kick off times, maybe 4 points for a win and 1 for a draw, i wouldn't put it past them?

Fans come last now, things have to change.

Saorsa
25-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Football is supposed to be for the fans. Yet again it seems the fans are the last one considered in this. When will the clubs stand up for themselves?

They have gone into this with there eyes wide open, fawning to everything thats offered to them. Every change this league makes is to help the old fim, and its to the detriment of everyone else.

Until we as a unit, i mean the rest of the league bar the bigots stand up and say enough is enough. Then more and more stupid kick off times, maybe 4 points for a win and 1 for a draw, i wouldn't put it past them?

Fans come last now, things have to change.Too bad most fans seem unwilling tae take the action necessary tae force that change, fans do have the power tae make their clubs act differently, too bad the majority would rather just sit back and do nothing and let them get on with it.

blueisthecolour
26-03-2011, 06:07 AM
As the ill firm never lose out due to the fact that they don't allow cameras to cover there games at their vermin riddled grounds, unless they are playing the shame game against each other.

Can clubs just not refuse due to impossibilities of their own fans getting to the game, hence losing a fortune and s/t holders who have paid may not be able to make it.

If this happened to the ill firm, what am i saying, this would never happen to the bigot 2, but if it was mentioned it would have the whole of the sfa/spl saying it was not on, never mind the ill firm.

Is that not a good time for them to play their shame game against each other

what rubbish, where are you getting Rangers and celtic dont allow cameras in unless its against each other, there is a reason why the cameras go to these grounds when they do and it's not hard to work out what this reason is.

McD
26-03-2011, 07:03 AM
The reason 6pm kickoff time has been put in place is because UEFA have rules stipulating no live TV domestic matches on at 7.45 on evenings when european matches are played, both Champions League and Europa League.

The SFA/SPL would be looking at a fine (no idea how much) if these matches were played at 7.45.

Do agree tho, Saints have been bumped, altho devils advocate, I'm not sure what else could be done to sort it as there's euro football every mid-week up to the split apparently.

Moulin Yarns
26-03-2011, 09:18 AM
The reason 6pm kickoff time has been put in place is because UEFA have rules stipulating no live TV domestic matches on at 7.45 on evenings when european matches are played, both Champions League and Europa League.

The SFA/SPL would be looking at a fine (no idea how much) if these matches were played at 7.45.

Do agree tho, Saints have been bumped, altho devils advocate, I'm not sure what else could be done to sort it as there's euro football every mid-week up to the split apparently.

I was going to say move the previous Saturday Saints and Rangers games to Friday, play the Saints V Rangers midweek game on Monday, then realised a simpler solution, play them at 19:45 on the Wednesday with the other SPL fixtures and tell Sky they can't shift games while ignoring the paying fans. There isn't a rule that says all Old Firm away games must be televised AFAIK.

KeithTheHibby
26-03-2011, 11:30 AM
No sympathy because it is the old firm.

Plus if the St Johnstone pitch was not so pish then these games would not have been cancelled in the first place.

****** em, ****** em all!:thumbsup:

.Sean.
26-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Isn't football for the fans? If so, why have these ridiculous times been scheduled, when many many fans can't attend?

Extremely poor show from the eejits who organised this.

moredun
26-03-2011, 12:13 PM
what rubbish, where are you getting Rangers and celtic dont allow cameras in unless its against each other, there is a reason why the cameras go to these grounds when they do and it's not hard to work out what this reason is.

The reason the cameras don't go to bigotsville x2 in the weege is because it would affect their crowds, hence every game they are on the box is an away game, unless the shame play each other, fact

Moulin Yarns
26-03-2011, 06:45 PM

He's got a point, when was the last time Sky showed Rangers or Celtc v ICT from Glasgow? Just think how much would be lost, not just by Rangers and Celtc, but the ferry and cheep airlines from across the oirish sea!!

:na na: