PDA

View Full Version : Ewan Moyes told he can leave?

johncrobertson@
24-03-2011, 09:07 PM
According to Hibernian Mad - Ewan Moyes told he can leave by CC. This despite rave reviews whilst he has been at Brechin on loan. Disappointed for him!

glenn6270
24-03-2011, 09:09 PM
yip was in one of the papers today as well.

Jonnyboy
24-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Shame for the laddie and I wish him well

Removed
24-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Shame for the laddie and I wish him well

:agree: I was always impressed when I saw him in the 19's

Wotherspiniesta
24-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Can't say I'm surprised to be honest.

In Hanlon we have a young centre back, looking settled and doing really well for the first team. David Stephens has looked quite comfortable when I've seen him (which isn't a lot to be fair) and has come up from England with good reputation from Norwich.

That's 2 young centre backs. One up to the task of the SPL, and one looking likely to feature soon enough.

I'd say for a position that generally needs an experienced head, 2 young players ready to step in is probably enough.

CC was there to watch him against St Johnstone and ,to be fair, Moyes looked a bit shaky at times. He's probably seen enough of him in other matches and in training to make a good judgement.

Good luck to the big guy wherever he ends up. He was obviously a big part of the Under 19 double winning side so hopefully he can make a good career from the game :aok:

matty_f
24-03-2011, 10:11 PM

In Hanlon we have a young centre back, looking settled and doing really well for the first team. David Stephens has looked quite comfortable when I've seen him (which isn't a lot to be fair) and has come up from England with good reputation from Norwich.

That's 2 young centre backs. One up to the task of the SPL, and one looking likely to feature soon enough.

I'd say for a position that generally needs an experienced head, 2 young players ready to step in is probably enough.

CC was there to watch him against St Johnstone and ,to be fair, Moyes looked a bit shaky at times. He's probably seen enough of him in other matches and in training to make a good judgement.

Good luck to the big guy wherever he ends up. He was obviously a big part of the Under 19 double winning side so hopefully he can make a good career from the game :aok:

Gutted for him, he was excellent along with Scott Smith in the double winning team. Looked a stand out most weeks, however it's been two seasons since then and he hasn't had a look in for the first team, so it's probably the right decision to release him.

I think it reflects just how big a step up in level it is from the 19s to the first team, and illustrates just how well Hanlon, Booth and Wotherspoon have done in holding down regular places.

Diclonius
24-03-2011, 10:11 PM
CC must be mad.

Moyes became captain and player of the season when I managed him in FM. :wink:

Jones28
24-03-2011, 10:23 PM

Not forgetting Dickoh too, he's 22 is he not? And with Scott Smith as you say, we're well provided for at CB

Wotherspiniesta
24-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Not forgetting Dickoh too, he's 22 is he not? And with Scott Smith as you say, we're well provided for at CB

Dickoh's 28.

Forgot about Scott Smith. He sounds like a good prospect from the 19's. :agree:

Barney McGrew
25-03-2011, 05:36 AM
He's decent prospect who has ended up being in the wrong place at the wrong time with a couple of other good youngsters around who are further up the pecking order.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up though :agree:

Allant1981
25-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Ive only ever seen him play in the game that was on tv for brechin and i cant say that he stood out. Obviously you cant judge him on one game but can anyone see another premier league team coming in and signing him or will it be the first division for a few season

IWasThere2016
25-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Good luck to him. You need it in the game .. And being in the right place at the right time is part of that. Moyes has had too much competition as previously stated.

Reliably told CC is giving u/19s one year deals unless it is obvious the player merits longer. Clearly, CC is of the view that if you ain't in the first team squad by 20 you've had your chance.

Golden Bear
25-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Good luck to him. You need it in the game .. And being in the right place at the right time is part of that. Moyes has had too much competition as previously stated.

Reliably told CC is giving u/19s one year deals unless it is obvious the player merits longer. Clearly, CC is of the view that if you ain't in the first team squad by 20 you've had your chance.

:agree:

I think there's too much been made of the "too young" for the first team arguement in recent years.

ano hibby
25-03-2011, 06:44 AM
I'm a bit confused, was Scott Smith the wee blonde guy who came on in the second half against Bohemian? He looked a bit on the small side even for Hibs to be a centre half...or am i confusing him with someone else?

And good luck to Ewan Moyes:agree:

Stevie Reid
25-03-2011, 08:52 AM
It's a shame for him but at least he's had the advantage of having a lot of exposure to first team football for the last few months. If Brechin don't want him then there may well be other teams in that division that do.

Plenty of players have to step down before they step back up again, with sometimes several years in between.

Baldy Foghorn
25-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Gutted for him, he was excellent along with Scott Smith in the double winning team. Looked a stand out most weeks, however it's been two seasons since then and he hasn't had a look in for the first team, so it's probably the right decision to release him.

I think it reflects just how big a step up in level it is from the 19s to the first team, and illustrates just how well Hanlon, Booth and Wotherspoon have done in holding down regular places.

Agree with this. He is highly thought of at Brechin, so at least he wont be without a team, when he goes....

poolman
25-03-2011, 09:42 AM

Looks like it

Young David Crawford just been handed a one year deal :agree:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110325/young-winger-signs-contract_2262950_2323973

TRIALIST
25-03-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm a bit confused, was Scott Smith the wee blonde guy who came on in the second half against Bohemian? He looked a bit on the small side even for Hibs to be a centre half...or am i confusing him with someone else?

And good luck to Ewan Moyes:agree:

Scott is a left sided defender who can also play defensive mid, he has moved from central defence to left back and occasionally plays at centre mid to beef up the midfield, as against hertz recently. I would say Scott fits into the Hibs thinking of developing footballers and not labelling them as one thing or another. He is a good footballer with aggression and attitude, looks like a good midfielder in the making.

MacBean
25-03-2011, 10:06 AM
I work beside his Dad.

He's not in at the moment but I will catch him later today and confirm or deny

MacBean
25-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote from Derek Moyes - Ewan's Father.
Yes
He heard from outside sources last weekend. Was told by Hibs on Wednesday. Quite a bit of early interest from both England & Scotland

Good Luck to Ewan :aok:

GreenPJ
25-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Good Luck to Ewan :aok:

What outside sources? Surelly the only people that could have known would have been Hibs?

ano hibby
25-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Scott is a left sided defender who can also play defensive mid, he has moved from central defence to left back and occasionally plays at centre mid to beef up the midfield, as against hertz recently. I would say Scott fits into the Hibs thinking of developing footballers and not labelling them as one thing or another. He is a good footballer with aggression and attitude, looks like a good midfielder in the making.

thanks for that:thumbsup:

GloryGlory
25-03-2011, 11:14 AM
:agree:

I think there's too much been made of the "too young" for the first team arguement in recent years.

:agree: I can hardly think of any country except Scotland where a player of 21, 22 or 23 is still considered "young" and having "potential". In modern football, if you haven't made it to the first team at that age, the likelihood is you probably never will.

Someone also mentioned how difficult it is to make the step up from U19s to first team - just goes to show what a false economy it was getting rid of the Reserve League.

MacBean
25-03-2011, 11:18 AM
What outside sources? Surelly the only people that could have known would have been Hibs?

I'll find out for you (should have asked eh? :doh:)

greenlex
25-03-2011, 11:20 AM

If it's a third party other than maybe Brechin or his agent then Hibs need to have a word with themselves.

MacBean
25-03-2011, 11:25 AM

you have a PM

Future17
19-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Moyes on trial at Crewe according to this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crewe_alexandra/9462699.stm

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2011, 08:15 PM
:agree: I can hardly think of any country except Scotland where a player of 21, 22 or 23 is still considered "young" and having "potential". In modern football, if you haven't made it to the first team at that age, the likelihood is you probably never will.

Someone also mentioned how difficult it is to make the step up from U19s to first team - just goes to show what a false economy it was getting rid of the Reserve League.

:agree: If you're good enough you're old enough.

As Calderwood said earlier this year - 19s not young for a footballer, you're inexperienced but not young, 17s young.

Don Giovanni
10-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Just a wee update on Ewan Moyes for anyone thats interested...

Currently on trial with Gateshead and played full 90minutes against Huddersfield Town yesterday (first 45" alongside club captain Ben Clark and second 45" alongside other regular CB James Curtis).

Gateshead are short of cover at CB and hopefully he'll get another opportunity against Carlisle United next weekend.
Hope it works out for him but will have to improve on yesterdays performance (IMO).

(Gary Naismith played second 45" for Huddersfield at LB).

Hamish
10-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Hope the lad gets fixed up soon.

The_Sauz
10-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Someone also mentioned how difficult it is to make the step up from U19s to first team - just goes to show what a false economy it was getting rid of the Reserve League.Well you can blame Rangers for that, as they were the ones to start the ball rolling to drop the reserve league because the could not finance a second team :agree:
Young players need that next step as a learning curve if they are to progress mentally & physically as a player.

Jim44
10-07-2011, 10:13 AM
I hope he doesn't end up at Birmingham or Notts. Forest. :devil:

Beefster
10-07-2011, 12:38 PM

Dickoh has left Hibs.

Don Giovanni
27-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Just another wee update to say that Ewan Moyes has agreed terms with Gateshead FC of the BlueSquare Conference Permier. An initial 6 month deal.

I believe he also played in a trial for Dundee the other week before committing to Heed.

Good that he's got himself fixed up and is still full-time.
Here's hoping he can make a good impression.

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/3498/gateshead-in-quadruple-signing

Jonnyboy
27-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Just another wee update to say that Ewan Moyes has agreed terms with Gateshead FC of the BlueSquare Conference Permier. An initial 6 month deal.

I believe he also played in a trial for Dundee the other week before committing to Heed.

Good that he's got himself fixed up and is still full-time.
Here's hoping he can make a good impression.

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/3498/gateshead-in-quadruple-signing

Glad he's got a club and wish him all the best for the future :agree:

Saorsa
27-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Glad he's got a club and wish him all the best for the future :agree::agree:
good luck tae the lad