PDA

View Full Version : PGA Tour - Bay Hill

Sylar
24-03-2011, 06:29 PM
I particularly love it when the PGA Tour hits the Florida swing, as I've been fortunate enough to play a few of the circuit courses over the year, including the TPC Stadium, Doral and Bay Hill.

This week, it's the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill. We played Bay Hill 2 years ago when we were in Orlando. They had a challenge on at the time, whereby you could pay an extra $20 (which went to the Arnold Palmer Foundation, supporting prostate cancer) and play from the Tiger tees, and if you broke your handicap, you were awarded a medal and gifted a polo-shirt and sleeve of golf balls.

My dad and I both broke our handicap and I ended up shooting a gross 84, playing some of the best golf of my life. I was quite proud when I turned on the TV just there and noticed Graeme McDowell just limped into the clubhouse with an 80 :greengrin

Golden Bear
25-03-2011, 04:13 PM
'Mon you Martin Laird! I see he's well placed after his opening round of 70.

Martin is having a great year on the PGA tour and has now risen to 42nd in the World rankings.

He's a shining star in an otherwise bleak sky as far as Scottish professional golf is concerned at the moment

:saltireflag

greenlex
25-03-2011, 09:52 PM
'Mon you Martin Laird! I see he's well placed after his opening round of 70.

Martin is having a great year on the PGA tour and has now risen to 42nd in the World rankings.

He's a shining star in an otherwise bleak sky as far as Scottish professional golf is concerned at the moment

:saltireflag

He has followed it up with a 7 under par round today to go into the weekend at the top of the leaderboard. Hope he keeps it up. He Has been playing well and pretty consistently for a number of weeks now.

greenlex
26-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Another 70 today and increases his lead to 2 from his playing partner Levin who had a 71. So he is 2 ahead of him and 4 ahead if the field. Mon the Laird Fellae. Having said that I have £5 E/ W on Immelmann at 100/1 in the mix tied 7th 6 shots behind :greengrin

Hibbie_Cameron
26-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Another 70 today and increases his lead to 2 from his playing partner Levin who had a 71. So he is 2 ahead of him and 4 ahead if the field. Mon the Laird Fellae. Having said that I have £5 E/ W on Immelmann at 100/1 in the mix tied 7th 6 shots behind :greengrin

Good day for Scottish golf, with Laird leading in the US and Paul Lawrie leading in Spain

Hibbie_Cameron
26-03-2011, 10:35 PM
BTW did anyone see Levin's hissy fit on the tee?:faf::faf:

Golden Bear
27-03-2011, 08:31 AM
BTW did anyone see Levin's hissy fit on the tee?:faf::faf:

:greengrin

It was a classic!

As the pundits said "the guy has tight wiring inside him and needs to relax a bit"

Tonight should be great viewing in more ways than one.:wink:

'Mon the Lairdie!

:thumbsup:

greenlex
27-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Well done son. Well done Paul Lawrie too. :thumbsup:

Sylar
27-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Brilliant weekend for Scottish Golf.

Thought he'd blown it when he pumped his ball into the water at 11, but a good calm (something which has evaded Scottish athletes in days gone by - i.e. Monty, Lyle and more recently, Murray...) recovery and held his nerve to hole out on 18.

Superb!