PDA

View Full Version : NHC Spain vs Scotland venue

greglauder
24-03-2011, 04:31 PM
anyone know if the venue has been confirmed yet or where it is likely to be?
cheers

Frazerbob
24-03-2011, 06:01 PM
It hasn't been announced yet. Looks like the Spanish FA are going to wait until 60 days before the match when they have to confirm the date.

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2011, 06:53 PM
anyone know if the venue has been confirmed yet or where it is likely to be?
cheers

Likely to be in Spain

scott7_0(Prague)
24-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Likely to be in Spain

Not really, could be Tenerife or Majorca!!!

:-)

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2011, 07:16 PM

Never thought of that lol......

Keith_M
25-03-2011, 09:53 AM

Ehm.... I'm honestly not being argumentative here but... aren't they in Spain as well?

:confused:

MacBean
25-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Word was it was more than likely going to be Madrid.

Failing that I would imagine Valencia.

We've booked flights to Madrid. If it is elsewhere, Spain's train system is very good, and pretty cheap:thumbsup:

scott7_0(Prague)
25-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Ehm.... I'm honestly not being argumentative here but... aren't they in Spain as well?

:confused:

In my opinion no, when someone says they are going to Spain on holiday I expect that to be the mainland, I would never refer to Tenerife as Spain, yes it is under Spainish rule, but Tenerife is Tenerife. JUst what I think.

Keith_M
25-03-2011, 03:23 PM
In my opinion no, when someone says they are going to Spain on holiday I expect that to be the mainland, I would never refer to Tenerife as Spain, yes it is under Spainish rule, but Tenerife is Tenerife. JUst what I think.

OK, politics, I think I'll stay out of that argument.....

:offski:

IWasThere2016
25-03-2011, 04:48 PM
My mate and his bro. booked flights + accomm. for Spain-NI .. Only for it to be played in Tenerife :faf:

darwenhibby
25-03-2011, 09:44 PM
It would be good if it was Valencia, 2 hrs by train from benidorm.
That would be some party for a week.

Expect it to be Madrid though.

Pretty Boy
25-03-2011, 09:55 PM
If the game is in Tenerife you should see a Scotland flag on every public building.

BoltonHibee
25-03-2011, 09:58 PM
It would be good if it was Valencia, 2 hrs by train from benidorm.
That would be some party for a week.

Expect it to be Madrid though.

Arse of a place to get to, really hope it's not there!!

cocopops1875
25-03-2011, 11:41 PM
I hear madrid from my mate over there

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2011, 08:24 AM

I lived in Tenerife for a while, they certainly regard themselves as Spanish. Like you i knew it was part of Spain but always said Tenerife if i was going there. Not really sure what i'm saying here? :greengrin

southfieldshibby
26-03-2011, 08:34 AM
http://www.tixdaq.com/spain-v-scotland-tickets/estadio-santiago-bernabeu-madrid/11-october-2011/E-69567/

according to this its at the Bernabeu

aberhibsfc
26-03-2011, 09:34 AM
:agree:

Craig_in_Prague
26-03-2011, 09:36 AM
http://www.tixdaq.com/spain-v-scotland-tickets/estadio-santiago-bernabeu-madrid/11-october-2011/E-69567/

according to this its at the Bernabeu

ya dancer :aok:

Madrids a great place, and Bernabeu is tremendous. Have only had a tour though, not been for a match......So need to get this trip booked. :party:

CalgaryHibs
26-03-2011, 02:52 PM
They may surprise yoo lot and have it in Oviedo hahaha

DH1875
26-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Word was it was more than likely going to be Madrid.

Failing that I would imagine Valencia.

We've booked flights to Madrid. If it is elsewhere, Spain's train system is very good, and pretty cheap:thumbsup:

Hate to burst the bubble but there's NO chance the game will be in Madrid. Buy the time the game comes around they will be done and dusted and will have little interset. They only times they play in Madrid is when they play a S.American team or it's a must win game. Even when they played England a few years ago they played in Seville. Last night's game was in Granada and since the start of 2008 they have played Madrid x4, Murcia x2, Malaga, Salamanca, Albacete, Huelva, Las Palmas, Santander, Oviedo, Sevilla, Merida, La Coruna and to be honest a few of them games were against better/bigger teams than us.
The N.Ireland game was in Las Palmas, Gran Ganaria no Tenerife so it could be in with a shout :thumbsup:.
Can't see it being Valencia and reckon if they going for that area it's more likely to be Levante although Cordoba is due to host a game (could be the Liechenestien one though) :dunno:.

thebakerboy
26-03-2011, 08:26 PM
If the Spanish really need to win it will go to Seville because of the passion of the fans and they are close to the playing surface , thus very intimidating. They play glamour games in Madrid . So if they feel its not a problem it will be anywhere.

Billy
26-03-2011, 09:06 PM
My brother is a top chef in Madrid and he said that the venue where he worked at previously in the city, had been booked by our national side towards the later end of last year.

I'd presume from that, the match will be in Madrid.

Springbank
26-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I think the point being made earlier was that the flag of Tenerife is the saltire.

Coincidence, but we;ll take it!

scott7_0(Prague)
27-03-2011, 06:21 AM
Hate to burst the bubble but there's NO chance the game will be in Madrid. Buy the time the game comes around they will be done and dusted and will have little interset. They only times they play in Madrid is when they play a S.American team or it's a must win game. Even when they played England a few years ago they played in Seville. Last night's game was in Granada and since the start of 2008 they have played Madrid x4, Murcia x2, Malaga, Salamanca, Albacete, Huelva, Las Palmas, Santander, Oviedo, Sevilla, Merida, La Coruna and to be honest a few of them games were against better/bigger teams than us.
The N.Ireland game was in Las Palmas, Gran Ganaria no Tenerife so it could be in with a shout :thumbsup:.
Can't see it being Valencia and reckon if they going for that area it's more likely to be Levante although Cordoba is due to host a game (could be the Liechenestien one though) :dunno:.

So you also have no idea where it will be played!!!! :-)

essexhibee
27-03-2011, 08:58 PM
How do I go about getting a chance to get tickets for this match? What do I need to be a member of? Just coming back through to Essex from the Scottish invasion of London....fantastic support once again.

scott7_0(Prague)
28-03-2011, 09:26 AM
How do I go about getting a chance to get tickets for this match? What do I need to be a member of? Just coming back through to Essex from the Scottish invasion of London....fantastic support once again.

You need to be a travel club member with enough points to qualify for a ticket or at least to enter a ballot.

So no chance officially.

DH1875
28-03-2011, 07:56 PM
So you also have no idea where it will be played!!!! :-)

To true, to true :greengrin. Needs to get sorted though as plans have to be made.

Like I've said, can't see it being Madrid but if we do get lucky and they play it in one of the bigger grounds you should be able to pick up a ticket for the home end.

hibeedonald
28-03-2011, 09:01 PM
If the Spanish really need to win it will go to Seville because of the passion of the fans and they are close to the playing surface , thus very intimidating. They play glamour games in Madrid . So if they feel its not a problem it will be anywhere.

they not qualified already?

essexhibee
29-03-2011, 03:31 PM
To true, to true :greengrin. Needs to get sorted though as plans have to be made.

Like I've said, can't see it being Madrid but if we do get lucky and they play it in one of the bigger grounds you should be able to pick up a ticket for the home end.

Would it be safe to go dressed in my kilt still? :greengrin

DH1875
29-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Would it be safe to go dressed in my kilt still? :greengrin

Couldn't guarantee it but I'd reckon you'd be more than safe and put it this way, you wont be the only one :greengrin.