PDA

View Full Version : Question £117m

1two
24-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I plan on winning this weeks Euro Millions Lottery which has a jackpot of £117,000,000 tomorrow.

How much do you think I should allocate to hibs? I'm not sure wether to buy the club or just donate the money, what would everyone else do?

I want to keep some for myself, family and friends obviously so how should I go about splitting the money between the club and myself?

Dashing Bob S
24-03-2011, 12:29 PM
I plan on winning this weeks Euro Millions Lottery which has a jackpot of £117,000,000 tomorrow.

How much do you think I should allocate to hibs? I'm not sure wether to buy the club or just donate the money, what would everyone else do?

I want to keep some for myself, family and friends obviously so how should I go about splitting the money between the club and myself?

Keep 17 mill back for yourself, and put 100m into Hibs. Too much money will make you miserable - look at Vlad. Insist that Petrie comes up with imaginative infrastructure projects to spend the money on.

Peevemor
24-03-2011, 12:29 PM
We could do a joint thing. Theres a few million that should be dropping into my account from Nigeria any day now. :agree:

Sir David Gray
24-03-2011, 12:33 PM
We could do a joint thing. Theres a few million that should be dropping into my account from Nigeria any day now. :agree:

Same here. I've been told that I've been selected to collect £3.2 million from Sierra Leone.

All I had to do was provide a couple of bank details and they assured me that they would take care of the rest.

That was a month or so ago though and I've still not heard anything. Anyone got any ideas? :confused:

Removed
24-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I would

Buy Matty an Audi R8

Get Arabhibee a lifetime delivery pass for Tesco so she doesn't have to abuse any parent & child spaces :wink:

Arrange for Jakki a private parking space outside the West Stand for her scooter

Then waste a few million on motorbikes, cars and boats

Buy the treble. £50m would easily be enough :thumbsup: :scarf:

Peevemor
24-03-2011, 12:40 PM
I would

Buy Matty an Audi R8

Get Arabhibee a lifetime delivery pass for Tesco so she doesn't have to abuse any parent & child spaces :wink:

Arrange fopr Jakki a private parking space outside the West Stand for her scooter

You must have good contacts in Lithuania. :agree:

Sir David Gray
24-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I would

Buy Matty an Audi R8

Arrange for Jakki a private parking space outside the West Stand for her scooter

What about me? :grr:

You should have told me that you were going to be so generous, I would have held off getting my new wheelchair that I got last week. :greengrin

LeithBoozy
24-03-2011, 12:44 PM
How did you get Gadaffie's bank details, I thought they were all frozen Falkirk.????????. :wink:

lapsedhibee
24-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Stick the whole lot in a bank (well, a number of different banks - 117m/85k = 138 different banks). Use the interest generated to fund (a) an impossibly lavish lifestyle for yourself and dearest and (b) the purchase and retention of one high quality player for Hibs every year till the end of time. Hibs to refer to this arrangement as the "1two free" player.

1two
24-03-2011, 12:49 PM

I think £20M would be enough to see the treble, but I'd also like to build the whole infrastructure of the club for all the future Hibees.
I just dont know if I want to do it as owner or do it anonomously by just giving a donation though? Not sure if I could handle the Limelight.

I forgot to mention I'm also going to give some to charity, I'm not a cheapkate y'know.

Cant wait to hand my notice into my boss on Monday Morning and then straight down to Easter Road for a meeting with Rod.

Peevemor
24-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Stick the whole lot in a bank (well, a number of different banks - 117m/85k = 138 different banks). Use the interest generated to fund (a) an impossibly lavish lifestyle for yourself and dearest and (b) the purchase and retention of one high quality player for Hibs every year till the end of time. Hibs to refer to this arrangement as the "1two free" player.

1,377 different banks, if you pullleeease. :nerd:

(Thought I'd get in there before Scoopy :greengrin).

Dan Sarf
24-03-2011, 12:51 PM
First thing I'd do would be to buy Hearts from Vlad (shouldn't cost too much). Still thinking about what to do with them after that...

:greengrin

lapsedhibee
24-03-2011, 12:54 PM
1,377 different banks, if you pullleeease. :nerd:

(Thought I'd get in there before Scoopy :greengrin).

Oh aye. My Tesco calculator ran out of spaces for the zeros. (I would take it back and complain if I wasn't so scared I might park in the wrong bit.)

Dan Sarf
24-03-2011, 12:55 PM
No, wait! Better still, buy Rangers. And then sell them for a knockdown price to... Celtic!

Just waste the rest of the money if I were you.

cwilliamson85
24-03-2011, 12:58 PM
£117m

I would clear all debt we have got and get Hibs to repay it back over a time they see fit at no interest.

Hire the best scouts around to get 15man strong squad to challenge for the league and cups.

Also I would offer fans a lot more.

10 year season tickets
Reward points for games you go to then use at hibs shop / certain retailers / airmiles etc?

Seveno
24-03-2011, 01:00 PM
I'd but every Hibby a new caravan.

Then sign Messi with the change. :greengrin

easty
24-03-2011, 01:03 PM
I was going to play the euromillions this week, but if you're winning it then I might as well just send my ticket money straight to you 1two!

You should wire up loud megaphones to the seats of the uber fans. So they can be heard over the din of the average supporters.

1two
24-03-2011, 01:05 PM
First thing I'd do would be to buy Hearts from Vlad (shouldn't cost too much). Still thinking about what to do with them after that...

Great idea, I'll buy both clubs create an Edinburgh United, move the 'super club' to the outskirts of the city and the club will be named 'Hibernian Football Club'.

Thoughts?

Andy74
24-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Bear in mind the Old Firm pay something like £30m per year on wages alone don't be on your £117m making any difference, certainly not in the long term!

.Whitey.
24-03-2011, 01:07 PM
17 million - donate to hibs (i would like a lifetime hibs season ticket included)

10 million - to the folks (i am a good son)

10 million - to the brother (that sould keep him happy)

10 million - build a house (grand Design style)

and of cource i would buy each of my mates a pint :greengrin

1two
24-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I was going to play the euromillions this week, but if you're winning it then I might as well just send my ticket money straight to you 1two!

You should wire up loud megaphones to the seats of the uber fans. So they can be heard over the din of the average supporters.

Thanks Easty, I'll invest your money wisely.

bighairyfaeleith
24-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I would buy a season ticket on the payment plan.

Pretty Boy
24-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Without wishing to turn this into a big serious debate i would be reluctant to give Hibs, or any football club, much. At the end of the day Hibs are a business, albeit one where there is an emotional attachment.

I've worked in the charitable sector and see how badly some charities struggle to make ends meet. If i won £117M i'd be looking at setting up trust funds, making donations etc worth at least £70M for various charitable causes. I'd sort out family and close friends and possibly look at helping out apsiring business people from disadvantaged backgrounds who need a leg up to get ahead.

The i'd maybe look at giving Hibs a couple of million to be used for youth development and within the community foundatuion.

If all that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

Hibs On Tour
24-03-2011, 01:26 PM

<in Red Dwarf style voice...>

A simply marvellous plan sir with just the tiniest flaw.

I have already been assured [by the voices in my head] that *I* shall be winning the Euromillions jackpot this week!

<end parody>

But as I'm a Hibby too, keep the suggestions coming! :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
24-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Without wishing to turn this into a big serious debate i would be reluctant to give Hibs, or any football club, much. At the end of the day Hibs are a business, albeit one where there is an emotional attachment.

I've worked in the charitable sector and see how badly some charities struggle to make ends meet. If i won £117M i'd be looking at setting up trust funds, making donations etc worth at least £70M for various charitable causes. I'd sort out family and close friends and possibly look at helping out apsiring business people from disadvantaged backgrounds who need a leg up to get ahead.

The i'd maybe look at giving Hibs a couple of million to be used for youth development and within the community foundatuion.

In no way makes you a bad fan.

For £117m though, you'd be better off starting a political party throwing loads of money into promoting it [Tories spent something like £25m last time round?] then once in power get government to sort out spending on all the things they should be doing instead of everyone having to rely on charities and handouts to do so.

Not like the country would even need to shell out more in tax to cover the costs, more than enough things we could cut back on like foreign aid to India [which spends more on their space programme than we give them in foreign aid] and regime change in Libya @ 500k per cruise missile...

You'd probably still have enough left over to fund a mission to the moon to lay out coloured rocks to spell out '**** hearts' in letters large enough to be seen from here! :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
24-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I'd clear Hibs debt, and then pay to give Booth, Hanlon, Palsson, Stephens long term contracts. Pay to get Towell on a permanent deal, and pay the signing on fees and wages for 4/5 new players on long term contracts.

I'd also demand that hibs got new catering in :wink:

1two
24-03-2011, 01:34 PM

No Loudspeaker for Pretty Boy then! :wink:

robinp
24-03-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd clear Hibs debt, and then pay to give Booth, Hanlon, Palsson, Stephens long term contracts. Pay to get Towell on a permanent deal, and pay the signing on fees and wages for 4/5 new players on long term contracts.

I'd also demand that hibs got new catering in :wink:

Greggs - then we can get the best signing rumours while waiting for our half time pies.

1875godsgift
24-03-2011, 01:44 PM
In no way makes you a bad fan.

For £117m though, you'd be better off starting a political party throwing loads of money into promoting it [Tories spent something like £25m last time round?] then once in power get government to sort out spending on all the things they should be doing instead of everyone having to rely on charities and handouts to do so.

Not like the country would even need to shell out more in tax to cover the costs, more than enough things we could cut back on like foreign aid to India [which spends more on their space programme than we give them in foreign aid] and regime change in Libya @ 500k per cruise missile...

You'd probably still have enough left over to fund a mission to the moon to lay out coloured rocks to spell out '**** hearts' in letters large enough to be seen from here! :greengrin

That's my favourite so far! :thumbsup:

Liberal Hibby
24-03-2011, 02:05 PM
I'd spend a few million on champagne, women and gambling.

Then I'd squander the rest...

scott7_0(Prague)
24-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Buy Hearts, close then down and spend the rest of 116million on my family an Hibs.

I am millionaire already (in Czech Krowns) so don't need too much :greengrin

Hibercelona
24-03-2011, 02:29 PM
You'd....... just never hear from me again. :greengrin

Baker9
24-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I'd pay off everbody I knows' debts and blow the balance on a nice meal.

Hibercelona
24-03-2011, 02:45 PM
I'd pay off everbody I knows' debts and blow the balance on a nice meal.

You can't know too many jambos then. :wink:

Shaggy
24-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Keep 17 mill back for yourself, and put 100m into Hibs. Too much money will make you miserable - look at Vlad. Insist that Petrie comes up with imaginative infrastructure projects to spend the money on.

Yeah definately.... like pie shelves in the new east stand... I dont know how many times Ive burnt myself juggling drinks while trying to get the sauce on me chips!!!
That would take up at least £200... leaving plenty left over.

Sodje_18
24-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I'd spend a few million on champagne, women and gambling.

Then I'd squander the rest...

Didn't know Charlie Sheen was a hibee :greengrin

paulhfc88
24-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Ill do what CALA failed to do! Buy Tynecastle and build houses :greengrin

Franck Stanton
24-03-2011, 06:07 PM

Put afiver to it and pay off all your debts. :wink:

ancient hibee
24-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Wine,women and song-then fritter away the rest.

jakki
24-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I would

Buy Matty an Audi R8

Thanks 69bd but I won the Euro a fortnight ago but it was only £5.60 but I'm going to win the Readers Digest raffle next month.

What I'll do with the money.I would buy a brand new GREEN mobility scooter. I'm fed up buying second-hand maroon ones. That's been 3 in a row.

Then I would buy STs for me and my helper and wouldnay need to ask to be signed into the BTG by good friendly hibees.

Then I would buy us a bigger house in Livi, a holiday house in Port Seton and then buy houses for my 2 daughters and son.

What was left I would have a meeting with Mr Petrie and offer the money only for to buy top notch players and also a parking space under the FF stand for my new delux GREEN scooter. :greengrin

steakbake
24-03-2011, 06:58 PM
I'd fill in the corners but make sure that one was shorter than the others. Just to piss you all off.

Removed
24-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh.....and a new answering machine for the TO so sleeping giant can get his ST sorted :greengrin

Stonewall
24-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I think £20M would be enough to see the treble, but I'd also like to build the whole infrastructure of the club for all the future Hibees.
I just dont know if I want to do it as owner or do it anonomously by just giving a donation though? Not sure if I could handle the Limelight.

I forgot to mention I'm also going to give some to charity, I'm not a cheapkate y'know.

Cant wait to hand my notice into my boss on Monday Morning and then straight down to Easter Road for a meeting with Rod.

Not so much the limelight, more the grief you'd get.

mim
24-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Well, I would certainly gift a portion of the money to Hibs...

........and I know who would be the owner of the next Greyhound Derby winner. :wink:

PaulSmith
24-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Simple, buy hearts and then sell every asset they have then tie a deal with Forres cooncil to let them play there. Sell 'them' on to my senile auntie to run.
Then buy Hibs but keep on RP to run the show with double current playing budget, reduce all adult ST to 200 for adults and 100 for kids, sell out ER every week and then take all the ***** that would be thrown at me on Hibs.net! ;)

The_Exile
24-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Ah'd buy some mare pegs for ma peg shoap, then ah'd sell mare pegs, mibbe pink yins for the burds.

heretoday
24-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Keep a million or so for days out with your family and give the rest to a deserving cause e.g. The Corstorphine Itinerant Hibbies Fund (bank details on request).

You don't want to let money be your master at your age.

Mixu62
24-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Buy a controlling share in every one of hearts creditors and issue foreclusure notices! :devil:

SteveHFC
25-03-2011, 12:10 AM
£50M to Hibs. £15M to myself. £52M to Charity.

Sylar
25-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Stuff buying Hearts and closing them down - you're not thinking big enough - Rangers are DESPERATE to be bought over just now :devil:

Keith_M
25-03-2011, 11:02 AM
I'd buy all the Hot Dogs in the refreshment stands at ER and have them burnt, as not fit for for human consumption.

Then I'd hire a hitman to hunt down and kill the person who decided to sell those Hot Dogs.

Then I'd buy the company who made the Hot Dogs, close it down and burn the recipe, so no one ever has to suffer eating them again.

Then I'd have anyone who was ever involved in the manufacture and distribution of the Hot Dogs send to Guantanamo Bay. Then tortured, slowly, until they die a long drawn out death.

Then I'd buy all the coffee in the refreshment stands.....

Och, you get the idea.

francobaresi
25-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Season ticket for life in my new private upper tier on the East Stand. Then I'd start smoking again & get very drunk for a few days :drunk: