PDA

View Full Version : McBride to Raith

stokesmessiah
24-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Kevin McBride has made the switch to Raith Rovers and is relishing going from "zero to hero".

At one point he was a standout player for us, thoughts on him going?

For the record i thought he was decent but thats about it...very good at sideyways and backpassing but nothing going forward. Although he did seem to be happy to put in a shift for the shirt !

Dunbar Hibee
24-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Kevin McBride has made the switch to Raith Rovers and is relishing going from "zero to hero".

For the record i thought he was decent but thats about it...very good at sideyways and backpassing but nothing going forward. Although he did seem to be happy to put in a shift for the shirt !

Where you getting this from ?

stokesmessiah
24-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Where you getting this from ?

Evening news!

Sir David Gray
24-03-2011, 11:40 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/McBride-relishing-switch-from-Hibs.6739658.jp

Would seem he is away after all. :agree:

That seems to have been done very discreetly.

Good luck to him.

BEEJ
24-03-2011, 11:42 AM
He'd been told some time ago that he would not feature in CC's plans.

So sensible for him to move on now when he can get some playing time before the end of the season when he will be looking for a new contract.

The first of many departures over the next few months.

CallumLaidlaw
24-03-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm a bit confused. How can he sign for Raith Rovers outwith the transfer window? Fair enough a pre-contract, but he's going to be playing straight away :confused:

Sir David Gray
24-03-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm a bit confused. How can he sign for Raith Rovers outwith the transfer window? Fair enough a pre-contract, but he's going to be playing straight away :confused:

I think lower league teams (i.e. non-SPL) can sign players on short term deals outwith the transfer window. Don't quote me on that though.

MussiHibee
24-03-2011, 11:54 AM
If u dont hav a contract with anyone you can...terminate contract mutual agreement?

maturehibby
24-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Think the way they can do it is by Hibs releasing him from his contract immediately which makes him a free agent and then Raith can then sign him .

BEEJ
24-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I think lower league teams (i.e. non-SPL) can sign players on short term deals outwith the transfer window. Don't quote me on that though.
:agree: This from the BBC website:

The transfer window is now closed for permanent signings for the remainder of the season.

Premier League and Scottish Premier League clubs cannot sign any players, on loan or full transfers, until the transfer window ahead of the 2011/12 season opens on 1 July.

Clubs in the Football League can sign players on loan outside of the transfer window following a seven-day period after the transfer window closed on 31 January until 1700 GMT on Thursday, 24 March.

I expect that the last paragraph also applies to SFL clubs. Note the final date for dealings in those leagues is today. Hence the news of McBride's departure.

Dashing Bob S
24-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Good luck KMcB. Was excellent for us the early part of last season when he was sitting in front of the back four. Seemed to lose his way a bit with injuries and suffered in the general slump in the team's form.

Taking to Motherwell and Falkirk supporting friends, we all seem to agree that KMcB is a strange and enigmatic football phenomenon; either very, very good, or completely non-existent.

Whatever, I wish him well at Raith.

lucky
24-03-2011, 12:28 PM
I really liked him. In his first season he was excellent. His sending of this season against the huns seemed to finish him as a player at ER.

Bob Box Fish
24-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Good luck to him pity he couldn't take Thicot, Stevenson and Smith with him !

Dinkydoo
24-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Good luck KmcB

I always thought he was one of our better, average players - could have been useful as a reserve.

All the best.

Hibernian Verse
24-03-2011, 12:45 PM

Stevenson? :confused: He's played well since CC came in.

Sprouleflyer
24-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Might see him back at ER next season.

Good luck to him.

Argylehibby
24-03-2011, 12:50 PM

Is there any need to use this thread to have a dig at current players?

McBride was very good when he first arrived at the club and when he was out of the team for any reason Liam Miller was only half as effective as when McBride was playing. Not sure what went wrong in the latter part of his time with us but I wish him well.

Dunbar Hibee
24-03-2011, 12:52 PM

:agree:, very harsh.

stokesmessiah
24-03-2011, 12:59 PM

I agree...I think he will prob get offered a 1yr contract??

HibbyAndy
24-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Bit harsh saying Lewis :agree:

Id give him another years contract.

bawheid
24-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Was impressed with Lewis against Bohemians.

Pretty Boy
24-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Another one who never showed a lack of effort but is probably not good enough for where we want to be.

Best of luck to him, he will do a job in the 1st Division and i wouldn't bet against him ending up back in the SPL next season either with Raith or another side.

matty_f
24-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Another one who never showed a lack of effort but is probably not good enough for where we want to be.

Best of luck to him, he will do a job in the 1st Division and i wouldn't bet against him ending up back in the SPL next season either with Raith or another side.

:agree:

I would have McBride at above SFL level, but other than the first few months in the team, he wasn't playing to top 6 SPL level either.

Really liked him as a player, to be honest, and he certainly wasn't a shirker.

Good luck with Raith, Kevin.:thumbsup:

Diclonius
24-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Sad to see him go, he was our player of the season last year until he got injured and never really returned to that form after he came back.

Still, that's #17 free for Ivan's return. :wink:

Kaiser1962
24-03-2011, 02:43 PM

All of this.

Good luck to him. I wish him nothing but good.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-03-2011, 02:53 PM
For me, McBride epitomises our season last year. In the first half, he was little short of outstanding, and you are left thinking, why is this boy with us and why is he not playing at a higher level? And then the peformance drops and then drops further. And especially for McBride because when he was winning the ball for Liam Miller, they were the heart beat of the team. But when he wasnae' then Miller wasnae' and the team wasnae either.
Wish him all the best though.

Hibercelona
24-03-2011, 03:05 PM
McBride IMO is a cracking wee player that was at the wrong place at the wrong time last year. I think he'll come back stronger and better in a year or 2. Whether that is with us or with another club.

eastmainsmsh
24-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Great piece of business by john mcglynn Mcbride is a cracking player.... will settle Raiths players with his tidy play fancy them to win the title now

Good Luck Kevin :thumbsup:

essexhibee
24-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Glad he's off the wage bill....never really thought much of him but I'm never too keen on that type of player.

Nevertheless good luck Kevin I'm sure you will cruise the SFL.

Shaggy
24-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I liked him alot, thanks Kevin. Good Luck in the future.

When we got off to a season flyer 2009 and looked like we were going for second .... we got stuffed wi gers 4-1 on the 27th Dec.... Kev then got injured for a couple o months then we started the deep, long decline.

I do think he was that important at that time, but that time off hibs then lost there way.

Jones28
24-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Whats also confusing is the article says he is a midfield star....

R'Albin
24-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Is there any need to use this thread to have a dig at current players? .

NISH !!!:grr::grr::grr:
:wink:

.Sean.
24-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Quite dissapointed, i'd have liked to see him stay.

All the best Kevin.

KeithTheHibby
24-03-2011, 04:52 PM

I would have McBride at above SFL level, but other than the first few months in the team, he wasn't playing to top 6 SPL level either.

Really liked him as a player, to be honest, and he certainly wasn't a shirker.

Good luck with Raith, Kevin.:thumbsup:

Agreed. Plus he did blast the ball at that twat Lafferty which was extremely funny.:greengrin

Golden Bear
24-03-2011, 04:57 PM
I'vre no axe to grind against Kevin McBride whatsoever. He's an honest player who always gives his best.

Best of luck in your future career Kevin.

:applause:

Stevie Reid
24-03-2011, 04:59 PM

When we got off to a season flyer 2009 and looked like we were going for second .... we got stuffed wi gers 4-1 on the 27th Dec.... Kev then got injured for a couple o months then we started the deep, long decline.

I do think he was that important at that time, but that time off hibs then lost there way.

I'm not one for over the top criticism of Hughes, but for some stupid reason he brought on McBride for the last 2 mins of the Rangers game at Ibrox in February, when we were 2-0 down - a minute later McBride got injured and lost possession, we lost a 3rd goal and the services of KM for a number of games. The slump started that day.

I wish him every success wherever he ends up, except when playing against us.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm not one for over the top criticism of Hughes, but for some stupid reason he brought on McBride for the last 2 mins of the Rangers game at Ibrox in February, when we were 2-0 down - a minute later McBride got injured and lost possession, we lost a 3rd goal and the services of KM for a number of games. The slump started that day.

I wish him every success wherever he ends up, except when playing against us.

Maybe its me, but why was it a stupid reason to bring a sub on 2 minutes from time?

IWasThere2016
24-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Awra best Kev!

capi
24-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Think the way they can do it is by Hibs releasing him from his contract immediately which makes him a free agent and then Raith can then sign him .
As this is an emergency temporary loan transfer, technically he's still a Hibs player. I don't suppose Hibs asked Raith for a fee and the length of the loan can be extended till his contract runs out with Hibs on the 30th of June.

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2011, 08:36 PM
I'vre no axe to grind against Kevin McBride whatsoever. He's an honest player who always gives his best.

Best of luck in your future career Kevin.

:applause:

Seconded, an honest pro......

Andy74
24-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Maybe its me, but why was it a stupid reason to bring a sub on 2 minutes from time?

Any idiot would have known mcbride was going to get injured a minute later.

RoxburghHibs
24-03-2011, 09:48 PM

Sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say? It maybe that it's just a badly worded post - or I am tired and have lost the plot :greengrin

Jonnyboy
24-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Good luck Kev and thanks for all your efforts in a Hibs strip :thumbsup:

Saorsa
24-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Good luck Kev and thanks for all your efforts in a Hibs strip :thumbsup::agree:

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2011, 10:59 PM

:greengrin

heretoday
24-03-2011, 11:05 PM
When I first saw McBride I thought he had a Stanton look about him in the way he would stride forward. I'm disappointed he seems to have stalled a bit.

Given the right circumstances and coaching he could make it again.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2011, 11:24 PM
When I first saw McBride I thought he had a Stanton look about him in the way he would stride forward. I'm disappointed he seems to have stalled a bit.

Given the right circumstances and coaching he could make it again.

Me too, although Pats fairly slowed up these days. :wink:

Allant1981
25-03-2011, 01:11 AM
there are other players i would have let go before mcbride but if calderwood doesnt fancy him then no one can really argue, fair play to the guy he could have sat on his backside every sat and picked up his wage. At least he wants to be playing every week

Shaggy
25-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say? It maybe that it's just a badly worded post - or I am tired and have lost the plot :greengrin

......your right, it wiz rit wrong,
should have said-" I do think he was that important for us at that time, but during his time off, hibs then lost there way."

sorry will reid it bifore posting nixt time:wink:

Craig_in_Prague
25-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Like others, thanks for the efforts in a Hibs top KB :agree:

Thankfully we've got players like Palsson and Scott now and are moving forward, but Kevin was a decent player that brought a bit of compsure to our midfield at a time we needed it, Mixu's team was completely out played on possesion, so it was nice to see Hibs back to passing a little and having more of the ball.

anyway, good luck at Raith sir. :aok:

Stevie Reid
25-03-2011, 10:10 AM

It was stupid because McBride was on the bench as he was recovering from injury - the game was lost and McBride was neither going to affect the game positively nor get a proper run out - as he obviously wasn't fit enough to start the match, the sensible thing would surely have been to keep him under wraps and see if he recovered properly for the St. Johnstone game on the Wednesday. As it turned out, he got injured with practically his first touch of the ball (with nobody near him), lost possession and gave away a goal - a narrow 2-0 defeat became a 3-0 humping at Ibrox and and he was out for a few games. Great sub.

I'm not bashing Hughes for no reason, it was a sub that backfired spectacularly. I've actually spent a fair amount of time on this board defending Hughes against what I believe to be OTT criticism as well - but your input was as enlightening as ever chaps :aok:

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2011, 11:41 AM
It was stupid because McBride was on the bench as he was recovering from injury - the game was lost and McBride was neither going to affect the game positively nor get a proper run out - as he obviously wasn't fit enough to start the match, the sensible thing would surely have been to keep him under wraps and see if he recovered properly for the St. Johnstone game on the Wednesday. As it turned out, he got injured with practically his first touch of the ball (with nobody near him), lost possession and gave away a goal - a narrow 2-0 defeat became a 3-0 humping at Ibrox and and he was out for a few games. Great sub.

I'm not bashing Hughes for no reason, it was a sub that backfired spectacularly. I've actually spent a fair amount of time on this board defending Hughes against what I believe to be OTT criticism as well - but your input was as enlightening as ever chaps :aok:

What was this injury that had him fit enough for the bench, but nowhere near fit enough to play 2 minutes of football?

Had we used 2 subs already and someone was injured? Or was it just so ridiculous to put someone on with 2 minutes to go, knowing full well he'd injure himself further and give a goal away?

Some folk thought Hughes couldn't see what was happening right in front of him, now it seems he should have had the ability to see the future too.

Perhaps he just wanted to give him the 2 minutes plus the extra 3 or 4 to ease him back in. And the medical people had given him the green light as to his fitness.

Stevie Reid
25-03-2011, 12:09 PM
What was this injury that had him fit enough for the bench, but nowhere near fit enough to play 2 minutes of football?

Had we used 2 subs already and someone was injured? Or was it just so ridiculous to put someone on with 2 minutes to go, knowing full well he'd injure himself further and give a goal away?

Some folk thought Hughes couldn't see what was happening right in front of him, now it seems he should have had the ability to see the future too.

Perhaps he just wanted to give him the 2 minutes plus the extra 3 or 4 to ease him back in. And the medical people had given him the green light as to his fitness.

There was no injury to anyone, he just decided to bring him on - I remember stating at the time that it was a strange sub as it had no tangible benefit. I'd be lying if I said that I could remember what injury it was that McBride had as he had a few last year, but it's generally accepted that if I guy isn't fit enough to start a game but is included on the bench, they'll only be brought on if absolutely necessary. If we were defending a 1-0 lead with minuted to go I could understand him bringing KM on - not when we're 2-0 down in injury time.

Anyway, as I have already stated, I have defended Hughes against what I believe to be over the top criticism, and I certainly can't be @rsed getting into another argument about him - especially not with you as I have agreed with many of the points that you've made over the last few months, meaning it would be especially futile.

However, Hughes deserves criticism here IMO - the sub had very little possible benefit, and ended up costing us a goal and a player's services for a number of games. Regardless, it's a minor incident in Hughes managerial career, and hardly worth further discussion.

ForrieGreen
25-03-2011, 04:52 PM
tbh didn't mind him but. Wish miller went instead, McBride wasn't getting a game anyway so i don't think he'll be greatly missed.

heretoday
25-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Me too, although Pats fairly slowed up these days. :wink:

Ha Ha you devil. That darn old Stanton! What a player.

jabis
25-03-2011, 08:59 PM

and you !

support the green and white :cgwa

col02
25-03-2011, 09:02 PM
I think he could prove a good signing short term for Raith who seem to be stuttering away in the first division a wee bit. Will lend a good bit experience and offer decent ball retention.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2011, 11:54 PM
There was no injury to anyone, he just decided to bring him on - I remember stating at the time that it was a strange sub as it had no tangible benefit. I'd be lying if I said that I could remember what injury it was that McBride had as he had a few last year, but it's generally accepted that if I guy isn't fit enough to start a game but is included on the bench, they'll only be brought on if absolutely necessary. If we were defending a 1-0 lead with minuted to go I could understand him bringing KM on - not when we're 2-0 down in injury time.

Anyway, as I have already stated, I have defended Hughes against what I believe to be over the top criticism, and I certainly can't be @rsed getting into another argument about him - especially not with you as I have agreed with many of the points that you've made over the last few months, meaning it would be especially futile.

However, Hughes deserves criticism here IMO - the sub had very little possible benefit, and ended up costing us a goal and a player's services for a number of games. Regardless, it's a minor incident in Hughes managerial career, and hardly worth further discussion.

The injury was caused by him catching his studs in the ground, something i suppose anyone could do. The tangible benefit would i assume be he was eased back into competitive football with as you say no real harm either way result wise.

I dont think he'd have put him on if he was not fit enough to play, what would be the point?

IWasThere2016
26-03-2011, 07:18 AM
I think he could prove a good signing short term for Raith who seem to be stuttering away in the first division a wee bit. Will lend a good bit experience and offer decent ball retention.

Tell me about it .. They did ma coupon on Tuesday with their 1-1 home draw wi RossCo! :grr:

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-03-2011, 08:50 AM

thank **** he's gone!!!!

CC and DA making a good job of getting rid of Yogi's dross!!!!

aberhibsfc
26-03-2011, 09:28 AM

That's my understanding too. Think the window rules mainly apply to the top tier of each respective country.

aberhibsfc
26-03-2011, 09:33 AM

He was a good player for us in the first half of last season, when he was injured the team started to fail. It's arguable that his missing caused this decline or was it just coincidence.

Decent player, honest, probably Hibs was a level too far for him. We seem to have a few like that coming to the end of their contracts. We have been aiming at the wrong end of the market for sometime. Notice I didn't say cheap, as I think CC will have an eye for a bargain but on evidence so far they are capable.

Wish McBride all the best.