PDA

View Full Version : The golf has started

Pages : [1] 2

H18sry
23-03-2011, 09:49 PM
:thumbsup:

Nice weather out yesterday at Gifford for the 1st real round of the year [sorry Broxburn :wink:] Cheers cocopops, and out today at Baberton net 66, :thumbsup:

Who else has started playing again? :need a golf smiley: :greengrin

sg7nil
24-03-2011, 08:22 AM

Nice weather out yesterday at Gifford for the 1st real round of the year [sorry Broxburn :wink:] Cheers cocopops, and out today at Baberton net 66, :thumbsup:

I never stopped (except for the snow at the end of last year).

Play Musselburgh Old Course pretty much every weekend -- unless there is horse racing on! (sometimes manage two rounds). Cheapest golf in the Lothians (I think it's around £142 next year) by a mile and the course isn't bad (and it has hosted 6 Open Championships!). Visitors pay through the nose though.. it's about £12 for 9 holes!

Am off tomorrow and thinking of taking my clubs for a walk :thumbsup:.

Would be nice to play somewhere different .. any offers? :aok:

Pretty Boy
24-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Never really stopped playing throughout the winter, weather permitting obviously.

Got the season opener this Saturday, a team scramble then the first medal proper on April 2nd.

Been playing a winter stableford league as well as some winter doubles so still got a good competitive feel. Had an hour with the pro the other day just to tidy things up so ready to come flying out the traps.

Summer tees were back in action yesterday and manged to get a round in, gross 69, net 67 so no complaints from me.

BroxburnHibee
24-03-2011, 01:33 PM

What you wantin for a fiver :greengrin

I'm off again in a fortnights time if anyone wants a hit round Turnhouse.

Be back to the proper course by then :wink:

Gaz
24-03-2011, 02:03 PM

i am a member at turnhouse also must get a game

H18sry
24-03-2011, 02:23 PM

:agree: :wink:

Sylar
24-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Think a wee trip to the driving range is in order this evening.

Glorious on Tayside.

Golden Bear
24-03-2011, 04:18 PM
I've been playing at Whitekirk this afternoon on a glorious Spring day. The course was pretty quiet and in good nick. I played reasonably well and won at the last hole where a humble par was good enough to take the money.

Happy days indeed.

southfieldhibby
24-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Been playing thru the winter, snow excluded!Starting to hit it rather well, should have won last weeks monthly medal but messed up 10-13...dropped 9 shots :rolleyes: Got a tri-am this weekend, should be good fun.

Played today with the newly purchased rife putter from Gaz, it worked a treat, well happy with it.:aok:

BroxburnHibee
24-03-2011, 05:10 PM

Anytime Gaz :aok:

greenlex
24-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Started back this week.
Raging today though. My third ever ace at the third today and have yet to actually see one go in.:grr::grr::grr:
Played of my stupid mat as one of the green keepers was driving down the path next to the tee. He stops and asked if I wanted a shot of the newly constructed all weather tee at the back edge as we will be off that on Saturday for the first time. Off I goes 7 Iron in hand and truth be known I tugged it a little. We both thought it was in the left hand bunker. We blethered for a minute or so and off I went. Putted my first ball up to holeside and went over to the bunker. No sign of it. Looked in the two bunkers at the back thinking it must have cleared the one on the left and no sign of it there either. Hunted up and down the left side then gave up and canned the first ball. The second ball off the new tee was in the hole.
Special mention to Bob Rotella and his book "Golf is not a game of perfect".:thumbsup:

Sylar
24-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Started back this week.
Raging today though. My third ever ace at the third today and have yet to actually see one go in.:grr::grr::grr:
Played of my stupid mat as one of the green keepers was driving down the path next to the tee. He stops and asked if I wanted a shot of the newly constructed all weather tee at the back edge as we will be off that on Saturday for the first time. Off I goes 7 Iron in hand and truth be known I tugged it a little. We both thought it was in the left hand bunker. We blethered for a minute or so and off I went. Putted my first ball up to holeside and went over to the bunker. No sign of it. Looked in the two bunkers at the back thinking it must have cleared the one on the left and no sign of it there either. Hunted up and down the left side then gave up and canned the first ball. The second ball off the new tee was in the hole.
Special mention to Bob Rotella and his book "Golf is not a game of perfect".:thumbsup:

It's quite impressive what they've done to the third hole actually. They've really added a lot to it by creating the new bunkers, elevated tee and shrubbery at the back of it.

Small things, but they make a big difference.

Thought Harburn was looking good on Saturday actually, considering the soil type and amount of rain/snow it's been subject to over the winter. Greens were a wee bit hairy, but better than many I've played over the winter.

If only they'd pay their heating bill and get the boiler turned back on :greengrin

greenlex
24-03-2011, 06:41 PM
It's quite impressive what they've done to the third hole actually. They've really added a lot to it by creating the new bunkers, elevated tee and shrubbery at the back of it.

Small things, but they make a big difference.

Thought Harburn was looking good on Saturday actually, considering the soil type and amount of rain/snow it's been subject to over the winter. Greens were a wee bit hairy, but better than many I've played over the winter.

If only they'd pay their heating bill and get the boiler turned back on :greengrin
Heatings fixed. :thumbsup:

jodjam
24-03-2011, 06:57 PM

I joined Turnhouse last year after many years at Dalmahoy. My son is member at Turnhouse also and has been playing every weekend so i need to get back into it.

Gaz
24-03-2011, 08:38 PM
I joined Turnhouse last year after many years at Dalmahoy. My son is member at Turnhouse also and has been playing every weekend so i need to get back into it.

I have been there 16 years now my dad is the captain. And my bro has won the championship a few times. I have never reached those dizzy heights but was beat in the junior champ final twice and been beaten in 2 turnhouse open finals.

BroxburnHibee
24-03-2011, 08:49 PM
I have been there 16 years now my dad is the captain. And my bro has won the championship a few times. I have never reached those dizzy heights but was beat in the junior champ final twice and been beaten in 2 turnhouse open finals.

Know your dad well Gary - played with him a couple of times over the winter.

All us hibbies need to stick together in there :greengrin

jodjam
24-03-2011, 08:58 PM

Nice one, must be a decent player. I'm off 6 at the mo. Need to get a hit sometime.My lad picked up 5 medals/cups at the junior prize giving last week. He was made up when Andrew Coltart commented on how many times he went up to collect

Gaz
24-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Nice one, must be a decent player. I'm off 6 at the mo. Need to get a hit sometime.My lad picked up 5 medals/cups at the junior prize giving last week. He was made up when Andrew Coltart commented on how many times he went up to collect

I am off 6 as well

ha ha class my brother was there with his eldest she joined this year. My brother and Coltart were room mates at college in texas i believe they are going out for a game when he gets back from the kenyan open

IWasThere2016
01-04-2011, 02:41 PM

REAL gowfers gowf all year :agree: :wink: :greengrin

Won the winter eclectic with the lads :thumbsup: Leading the spring one too after 3 weeks.

Finished in top 5 of Winter League - too many bandits - so that was a good result :thumbsup:

Won my Vice (that's me) v Captain match on 18th, and 5-3 win overall! :thumbsup:

Nae golf this weekend - but off next week, and lads jolly 36-hole outing a week on Thursday! :thumbsup:

greenlex
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Winter Cup last Saturday. Least said the better. OOB off the first tee:rolleyes: First time in as long as I can remember.:greengrin Followed that with 2 balls OOB on the 4th but remembered how to play the back nine.

My Laddie won it with a scratch 67 and followed up winning the Midlothian Winter League individual Championship on the Sunday with a 69. (oo er missus).:greengrin
He is now officially off +1 the wee bugger. He must be the Milkmans. :greengrin

Onward and upwards for me. First medal on Wednesday and cannae wait.:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
01-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Winter Cup last Saturday. Least said the better. OOB off the first tee:rolleyes: First time in as long as I can remember.:greengrin Followed that with 2 balls OOB on the 4th but remembered how to play the back nine.

My Laddie won it with a scratch 67 and followed up winning the Midlothian Winter League individual Championship on the Sunday with a 69. (oo er missus).:greengrin
He is now officially off +1 the wee bugger. He must be the Milkmans. :greengrin

Onward and upwards for me. First medal on Wednesday and cannae wait.:thumbsup:

Snap. Drove the ball about 30 yards over the perimieter wall.

Was 2 over through 9, didn't have a birdie until the 13th and then managed another birdie at 18 for a level par round.

Got a medal tommorow so hoping i can remember how to hit the ball by 10AM or it could be .1 onto the handicap.

greenlex
01-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Snap. Drove the ball about 30 yards over the perimieter wall.

Was 2 over through 9, didn't have a birdie until the 13th and then managed another birdie at 18 for a level par round.

Got a medal tommorow so hoping i can remember how to hit the ball by 10AM or it could be .1 onto the handicap.
Where are you playing your Golf PB?

Pretty Boy
01-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Where are you playing your Golf PB?

Lothianburn at the moment.

I reckon this will be my last season there though. Got a couple of mates who are members at Gullane so fancy going down and joining them.

greenlex
01-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Lothianburn at the moment.

I reckon this will be my last season there though. Got a couple of mates who are members at Gullane so fancy going down and joining them.
Had plenty opportunities to play Lothianburn but never really fancied it. Looks a bit hilly to be honest. I will get you up to Harburn if you fancy that at some point.:agree:
Gullanes cracking. I work in Haddington and have been threatening to join somewhere down the coast to continue to play over the winter. I would like somewhere on the way home (ish)

Pretty Boy
01-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Had plenty opportunities to play Lothianburn but never really fancied it. Looks a bit hilly to be honest. I will get you up to Harburn if you fancy that at some point.:agree:
Gullanes cracking. I work in Haddington and have been threatening to join somewhere down the coast to continue to play over the winter. I would like somewhere on the way home (ish)

Lothianburn is a strange course, you're very aware you're playing on a hillside but theres only one really big climb (up the 9th). I just fancy a change TBH, was thinking about moving at the start of this season but decided to give it another year.

Harburn sounds good, give me a shout at some point during the season and i'd be keen for a hit round there.

Played Gullane a few times and always enjoyed it. It's pretty much a toss up between there and Cardrona for next season for me.

greenlex
01-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Lothianburn is a strange course, you're very aware you're playing on a hillside but theres only one really big climb (up the 9th). I just fancy a change TBH, was thinking about moving at the start of this season but decided to give it another year.

Harburn sounds good, give me a shout at some point during the season and i'd be keen for a hit round there.

Played Gullane a few times and always enjoyed it. It's pretty much a toss up between there and Cardrona for next season for me.
If you dont mind your course not being on your doorstep (and there is a lot of real estate between Gullane and Cardrona:greengrin) Newbattle might be an option. Always in good nick and the greens are always very good. I dont know for sure but I reckon it would be a lot less expensive than the other two.

Golden Bear
01-04-2011, 05:12 PM

Funnily enough I just joined there last week!

It's a challenging course but tends to get really wet because of poor drainage which can be traced back to when the course was constructed.

It's in pretty good nick right now it's got to be said.

Golden Bear
01-04-2011, 05:16 PM
If you dont mind your course not being on your doorstep (and there is a lot of real estate between Gullane and Cardrona:greengrin) Newbattle might be an option. Always in good nick and the greens are always very good. I dont know for sure but I reckon it would be a lot less expensive than the other two.

Membership details for Cardrona - it's not too bad at that I don't think.

http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/cardrona/golf/

I'm_cabbaged
05-04-2011, 05:43 PM
First medal on Saturday and I've been diagnosed with tendonitis in my shoulder. :boo hoo:

Last March I slipped a disc, think I'm cursed. :rolleyes:

Houchy
05-04-2011, 09:07 PM
I went along to Bathgate to pick up my fixture card and play a few holes on Sunday but it turned out to be opening day :doh:. It was bloody heaving so I just picked up my card and bumped into Steven Gallagher. I asked him why he wasn't playing in Morocco and he said that as an honourary member, he always goes to the opening day to do his bit for the club.

Seen him out a few times but never spoken to him but he seems like a top bloke.

My other mate that was in with me said "Who was that that you were talking to???":greengrin

Playing tomorrow morning so I'll see how we go.

Pretty Boy
06-04-2011, 08:48 AM
I had a cracking net 67 on Saturday in absolutely brutal conditions.

Wind was howling and a fair bit of rain. Started with a 6 and was thinking it was going to be a hell of a day. 4 solid pars then a duff drive at the 5th followed by a lay up with a rescue club and a nice pitch into the hole for a birdie really kick started the round.

Thought i was a cert to win the medal then some barsteward came in with a 66!!

Not a bad start to the season though.

Houchy
06-04-2011, 09:28 PM

Has to be up there as one of the top opens for me. 2 rounds over Number 1 on a Saturday with soup and sandwiches after 18 holes for £36.

H18sry
22-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Lochend Open for me tomorrow, my 1st entry in to an open event :thumbsup:

cocopops1875
22-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Lochend Open for me tomorrow, my 1st entry in to an open event :thumbsup:

Also playing in this GOOOOOOOD prize money lost my first tie of the year today though 2 and 1 played ok but boy hit a 3 under back 9

greenlex
22-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Good luck Guys. Opens are a great and inexpensive way to play golf.
I have 13 entries off so far for the ones I really want to play. Being of a certain age has opened up a few midweek ones.:wink:

Golden Bear
22-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I had a game at Goswick today (Berwick upon Tweed). It's a very good course but jeez it was cauld - only 6 degrees when we started and the mist never really lifted.

Goswick has recently been upgraded and is now used as an Open Championship qualifier. I'll defer further judgement until the next time I play there and hopefully I'll be able to see the actual holes!

:rolleyes:

greenlex
24-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Well how did you guys fare in the lochend open then?

H18sry
24-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Well how did you guys fare in the lochend open then?

Decent front 9 net 35 then the heavens opened big style and the game went skywards :greengrin But hit the pin on the par 3 17th and 3 putted :fuming:

Not many late starters completed the 18 a lot of walk off's when the rain came down, course in decent nick tho

cocopops1875
24-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Didn't offer much lex sadly putted well but made too many mistakes which cost me more than one shot :-( bloody frustrating game lol

greenlex
24-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Spring Cup up by yesterday and you would think I hadnt played the game before.:confused: Bloody game.:rolleyes:

BroxburnHibee
24-04-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm meant to be playing harburn tomorrow

Hows it looking?

greenlex
24-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm meant to be playing harburn tomorrow

Hows it looking?
Its in good nick Dave. You will enjoy it. :agree:

BroxburnHibee
25-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Course was great Alex. Shame about my golf :greengrin

IWasThere2016
27-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Am golfing Wed/Fri/Sun this week. Wed/Fri/Sun week after and Wed/Thu/Sun week after that :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
27-04-2011, 01:09 PM
On an aside - I'm 6 foot .. do any others of similar height have their clubs lengthened?

I'm thinking I need to get measured and a custom-fit set of irons.

H18sry
27-04-2011, 01:49 PM
On an aside - I'm 6 foot .. do any others of similar height have their clubs lengthened?

Off the shelf irons are for 5 ft 7" to 5ft 10" peeps, taller peeps need to get longer clubs :agree:

Gaz
27-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Off the shelf irons are for 5 ft 7" to 5ft 10" peeps, taller peeps need to get longer clubs :agree:

not correct i am 6ft i have standard lenth clubs 1 degree up right i was fitted at the national fitting centre at kings acre. i was fitted by callaway before that and had 1 inch longer by them and was told by kings acre i had been fitted incorrectly and the callaways were to long, because they were to long i was hitting everything left. the guy took one look at me then the callaways before i swung the club and said i take it you miss hit it it goes left? he was right. Although i would always recommend custom fitting on every club

H18sry
27-04-2011, 07:42 PM
not correct i am 6ft i have standard lenth clubs 1 degree up right i was fitted at the national fitting centre at kings acre. i was fitted by callaway before that and had 1 inch longer by them and was told by kings acre i had been fitted incorrectly and the callaways were to long, because they were to long i was hitting everything left. the guy took one look at me then the callaways before i swung the club and said i take it you miss hit it it goes left? he was right. Although i would always recommend custom fitting on every club

Just passing on what I was told at the Nike stand at the golf show earlier in the month :greengrin

Sylar
27-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Am golfing Wed/Fri/Sun this week. Wed/Fri/Sun week after and Wed/Thu/Sun week after that :thumbsup:

I'm getting my fees paid up on Friday (and hopefully squeezing in a round with Tom).

Oany spaces next week? :wink:

Golden Bear
27-04-2011, 08:54 PM

Im a wee fellah but I'm currently playing with the Taylor Made Burner Superfast driver which is an inch longer than standard. I've found it necessary to address the ball slightly further away but the wider arc that I'm creating has led to an increase in clubhead speed and the ball is going a long way.

Just wish I could find the answer with the putter as it's doing my nut in right now.

:grr:

greenlex
06-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Couple of opens this weekend. Hollandbush on Saturday( couldn't get into Prestonfield) and Newbattle Sunday. Bring it on.

H18sry
06-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Couple of opens this weekend. Hollandbush on Saturday( couldn't get into Prestonfield) and Newbattle Sunday. Bring it on.

I'm in :na na: still a couple of times left 1115 and 1230 I have the guys mobile number if you wish :greengrin

greenlex
06-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm in :na na: still a couple of times left 1115 and 1230 I have the guys mobile number if you wish :greengrin
They must be late call offs as there were none at 10.00 this morning. Already committed to Hollandbush or would have had that number off you.:agree: Good luck tomorrow. :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
08-05-2011, 08:28 AM
How did you get on guys?

I've got what looks like being a very wet medal today :greengrin

H18sry
08-05-2011, 09:27 AM
How did you get on guys?

Overall not very well 3 par's and a birdie with 3 lost ball's thrown in for good measure, course is very tight from the medal tee's,but in great condition they have raised most of the greens and made very narrow entrances to them, so bump and run's are not really an option.
Only downside was loads of horrible black flying type's of thingy's

Golden Bear
08-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I've received an e mail from "How Did I Do" kindly informing me that I was 80th out of 149 competitors in yesterday's club competition.

Thank You.

:greengrin

greenlex
08-05-2011, 06:38 PM
How did you get on guys?

To cut two very long stories short.
Hollandbush- needed 4 down the last for buffer and smacked it OOB and then promptly lost my second ball in the opposite semi rough = NR.
Buffer at Newbattle. Both days 1 over playing the 9th and played really poor the back nine.:grr::grr: Bloody game.
Got a tie tomorrow night up the road. but will need to raise my game for that.:agree:
PS the greens at Newbattle are absolutely fantastic.:not worth

BroxburnHibee
08-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Hollandbush- needed 4 down the last for buffer and smacked it OOB and then promptly lost my second ball in the opposite semi rough = NR.
Buffer at Newbattle. Both days 1 over playing the 9th and played really poor the back nine.:grr::grr: Bloody game.
Got a tie tomorrow night up the road. but will need to raise my game for that.:agree:

You're the 3rd person to tell me that in the last fortnight - hows the rest of the course?

greenlex
08-05-2011, 07:59 PM
You're the 3rd person to tell me that in the last fortnight - hows the rest of the course?
The course is also in excellent condition. We all got a wee voucher to get a 4 ball on for £15 a skull to so if you play your cards right you never know. :greengrin

H18sry
08-05-2011, 08:44 PM
The course is also in excellent condition. We all got a wee voucher to get a 4 ball on for £15 a skull to so if you play your cards right you never know. :greengrin

:whistle:

BroxburnHibee
08-05-2011, 10:08 PM

:aok:

greenlex
09-05-2011, 08:26 PM

2 & 1 ya dancer.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I was pish but he was pisher. :greengrin
I suppose level par from the 12th was decent enough:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Played lots of bounce games but no medals as of yet, I used to drive really well but could not putt, so bought a new putter, now I am putting well but driving all to pot.....Mental game:boo hoo:

H18sry
10-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Just registered for the Kingsnowe open on the 21st still spaces left if anybody fancies it :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Just registered for the Kingsnowe open on the 21st still spaces left if anybody fancies it :agree:

What is the cost to enter?

IWasThere2016
10-05-2011, 05:57 PM
2 & 1 ya dancer.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I was pish but he was pisher. :greengrin
I suppose level par from the 12th was decent enough:rolleyes:

A - I'll try and get in touch re a game soon .. spesh as ye're playing pish :wink: :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
10-05-2011, 06:21 PM

Might be up for that.

H18sry
10-05-2011, 06:22 PM
What is the cost to enter?

just a tenner, thot you would be already entered being a member :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
just a tenner, thot you would be already entered being a member :wink:

Good price for the open. I assume there will be decent prizes on offer. I actually never knew it was on, I should really check the notice boards more often.....

greenlex
10-05-2011, 07:12 PM
where are you playing your golf about Ronnie?

greenlex
10-05-2011, 07:13 PM
A - I'll try and get in touch re a game soon .. spesh as ye're playing pish :wink: :greengrin
:greengrin:aok:

H18sry
10-05-2011, 07:29 PM
where are you playing your golf about Ronnie?

Anywhere :greengrin I played 12 at Gogar today playing 18 at Craigmiller park tomorrow, I joined http://www.myonlinegolfclub.com/ to get a handicap and it is recognized with the SGU just like a club membership without the fee's, most of my golf is with the various 2 for 1 vouchers so you get a decent deal. :agree:

greenlex
10-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Anywhere :greengrin I played 12 at Gogar today playing 18 at Craigmiller park tomorrow, I joined http://www.myonlinegolfclub.com/ to get a handicap and it is recognized with the SGU just like a club membership without the fee's, most of my golf is with the various 2 for 1 vouchers so you get a decent deal. :agree:

:aok: I thought you had taken the plunge somewhere. :greengrin Good idea that. :agree:

H18sry
10-05-2011, 07:58 PM
:aok: I thought you had taken the plunge somewhere. :greengrin Good idea that. :agree:

We have a regular 4 ball that normally go out once a week, and play various courses, Gogar was only £7.50 for 12 holes with green fee saver voucher :thumbsup: I'm getting the wee man a [11] membership there so he can get me on for 6 quid a pop when I take him out . :greengrin

sg7nil
11-05-2011, 07:37 AM

Ronnie, how much does it cost to get a handicap from that online site?

H18sry
11-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Ronnie, how much does it cost to get a handicap from that online site?

It can cost as little as nothing, but for £15 you get a credit card sized handicap card and all the benefits of the site, its worth it. :agree:

Sylar
11-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Find myself with a rare quiet afternoon today, so a quick shuffle along to Monifieth for a quick 18 is the order of the day :agree:

IWasThere2016
11-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Find myself with a rare quiet afternoon today, so a quick shuffle along to Monifieth for a quick 18 is the order of the day :agree:

Only ONE ballot free at the moment on the Medal - 13.25

Have you signed up for online tee-booking???

Sylar
11-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Anyone fancy entering a Texas scramble open at Letham Grange - teams of 4 required, on the old course, from the Tiger tees.

They've slashed their prices to £30 for a team of 4, because a lot of the regular entrants have indicated they won't be attending this year, as the hotel at Letham Grange has recently shut down.

Bargain price for one of the best courses in Angus!

Godsahibby
11-05-2011, 11:44 AM

I'll see you there!

greenlex
11-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Anyone fancy entering a Texas scramble open at Letham Grange - teams of 4 required, on the old course, from the Tiger tees.

They've slashed their prices to £30 for a team of 4, because a lot of the regular entrants have indicated they won't be attending this year, as the hotel at Letham Grange has recently shut down.

Bargain price for one of the best courses in Angus!

What date is that Scott?

Sylar
11-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Fairly sure it's the 20th August :agree:

BroxburnHibee
11-05-2011, 01:23 PM

We've already signed up for the scramble at Thornhill the week after.

Just entered the Pitlochry Open for a week on Sunday. :thumbsup:

Might be playing Ranfurly week after that.

Not played either before but heard great things about them.

greenlex
11-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Need to check the diary but I could be in. :agree:

Edit- need to wait for fitba fixtures. New season starts early but might still be interested.

greenlex
11-05-2011, 07:28 PM
The big green guys back!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::flag:

73 tonight in rubbish conditions that included a bogey and double at 6 & 7 respectively out of nothing.:rolleyes: Tried to nail one at 17 on to te green too that cost me another bogey. :rolleyes:
A whole shot of the handicap me thinks. :greengrin:thumbsup:
Dont you just love this game. :hyper:

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 11:39 AM

73 tonight in rubbish conditions that included a bogey and double at 6 & 7 respectively out of nothing.:rolleyes: Tried to nail one at 17 on to te green too that cost me another bogey. :rolleyes:
A whole shot of the handicap me thinks. :greengrin:thumbsup:
Dont you just love this game. :hyper:

Thats good shooting, what is your handicap Lex?

greenlex
12-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Thats good shooting, what is your handicap Lex?
Back down to 7 after last night and a whisker away from 6:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Back down to 7 after last night and a whisker away from 6:thumbsup:

Nice one....

I'm_cabbaged
12-05-2011, 05:14 PM

A whole shot of the handicap me thinks.
Dont you just love this game.

Sunday I hit a 78 net 62 (par 67) in the pro sweep with 2 out of bounds. :rolleyes:

Tuesday went after work for 14 holes and was striking my irons better than I've ever done, 4 par 3's to within 10 ft. :greengrin

Wednesday medal slicing near everything, never got within 10 ft.

Don't you just hate this game. :greengrin

Back tomorrow to sort it out though. :thumbsup:

greenlex
15-05-2011, 08:53 PM
J Arthur Ranks x 6 since Friday.:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr: ****ing game.

Golden Bear
16-05-2011, 03:58 PM
J Arthur Ranks x 6 since Friday.:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr: ****ing game.

Nightmare! You have my sympathies. I've had a few bouts of the dreaded J Arthurs over the years but thankfully nothing of a sustained nature.

I've got a dose of the yippy doo das right now and it's jist not very nice! :grr:

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Nightmare! You have my sympathies. I've had a few bouts of the dreaded J Arthurs over the years but thankfully nothing of a sustained nature.

I've got a dose of the yippy doo das right now and it's jist not very nice! :grr:

I am having nightmare duck hooks off the tee, I hate this game.....

HNA9
16-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Topped 3 drives in a row in the medal on Saturday

Hate this ****** game :greengrin

H18sry
16-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Topped 3 drives in a row in the medal on Saturday

Hate this ****** game :greengrin

Who are you?????????????????:greengrin

HNA9
16-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Oops :greengrin

No tellin :wink:

H18sry
16-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Oops :greengrin

No tellin :wink:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 07:26 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Because I am nice I will give you a wee tip for the open on Saturday.

The holes are crowned at the moment, so any putt cosied or dollied will drop away, be firm with any small puts, and hit back of the hole.....

H18sry
16-05-2011, 07:43 PM

The holes are crowned at the moment, so any putt cosied or dollied will drop away, be firm with any small puts, and hit back of the hole.....

Have you entered? I'm off at 1024 :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Have you entered? I'm off at 1024 :wink:

No I can't play on Saturday. I saw your name on sheet, what is the online golf club?

H18sry
16-05-2011, 08:02 PM
No I can't play on Saturday. I saw your name on sheet, what is the online golf club?

http://www.myonlinegolfclub.com/ A golf club without a course basically :wink: I prefer to play different clubs, so that is an ideal way to play :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 08:07 PM
http://www.myonlinegolfclub.com/ A golf club without a course basically :wink: I prefer to play different clubs, so that is an ideal way to play :agree:

do you have to input your medal scores from courses to get a handicap first, then keep updating to get a correct handicap?

H18sry
16-05-2011, 08:09 PM
do you have to input your medal scores from courses to get a handicap first, then keep updating to get a correct handicap?

Yes you put in all your cards

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Yes you put in all your cards

nice one, good way to do it

H18sry
16-05-2011, 08:20 PM
nice one, good way to do it

Its a lot cheaper than being tied to one club, green fee savers can be bought from ebay for as little as a pound and get you on Kingsnowe for £14 a round midweek, council courses in Edinburgh cost more than that.

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Its a lot cheaper than being tied to one club, green fee savers can be bought from ebay for as little as a pound and get you on Kingsnowe for £14 a round midweek, council courses in Edinburgh cost more than that.

That sounds good, especially when you can play private courses cheaper than council courses. Can you get green fee savers for the Burgess?

H18sry
16-05-2011, 08:38 PM
That sounds good, especially when you can play private courses cheaper than council courses. Can you get green fee savers for the Burgess?

No the only way to play there is a members invite or corporate day I think :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 08:46 PM
No the only way to play there is a members invite or corporate day I think :aok:

Bugger, I want to play it but don't know members....Ach well....

H18sry
16-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Bugger, I want to play it but don't know members....Ach well....

I've played it twice :na na: both times in charity event's, ask my brother he knows a couple of members who are Hibby's :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 08:51 PM
I've played it twice :na na: both times in charity event's, ask my brother he knows a couple of members who are Hibby's :agree:

Nice course? I hear the fairways are like putting greens.....

H18sry
16-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Nice course? I hear the fairways are like putting greens.....

Yes course is always well looked after, but its not that daunting to be honest its fairly boring no really outstanding holes from what I remember.

They do accept visitors at £60 a round weekdays, but for that kind of cash you can get better challenges :agree:

http://www.royalburgess.co.uk/visitor-information.html

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Yes course is always well looked after, but its not that daunting to be honest its fairly boring no really outstanding holes from what I remember.

They do accept visitors at £60 a round weekdays, but for that kind of cash you can get better challenges :agree:

http://www.royalburgess.co.uk/visitor-information.html

Christ I cant afford 6 quid never mind 60......:greengrin

Godsahibby
17-05-2011, 10:37 PM

Greens are *** terrible at the moment!

Sylar
18-05-2011, 07:44 AM
We have our departmental golf outing tomorrow at Inverurie Golf Club. Official handicaps are tossed out the window and allocated by our department handicap committee based on previous performances at these things and a few practice sessions held before going along (as some people have never swung a club before).

My allocated handicap (having shot a 58 the last time) is 2. Thank goodness it's a Texas Scramble! :greengrin

H18sry
18-05-2011, 07:45 AM

What time you out on Saturday Chris?

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2011, 07:54 AM

Agreed, all bumpy and patchy.....They had better be in good nick for the Championship in first weekend of june:rolleyes:

Sylar
19-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Just back in from ripping Inverurie to shreds and retaining the University of Aberdeen Geoscience Golf trophy :thumbsup:

Scratch 70 (par 69), net 61.5 (Texas Scramble).

Not bad considering my handicap was 2 and both my team-mates had never swung a golf club prior to today :greengrin

Godsahibby
20-05-2011, 09:52 AM

I take back what I said, on the course just now, greens have improved big time, course will be in great nick!

Baldy Foghorn
20-05-2011, 10:30 AM
I take back what I said, on the course just now, greens have improved big time, course will be in great nick!

Glad to hear it, hope you boys get nice weather for tomorrow....

Big_D
20-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Charleton tomorrow , first game in about 10 months

H18sry
21-05-2011, 05:44 PM

Course was in great nick :agree: golf could have been better tho came in with a net 77, 4 times run right thru the back of green's the approaches to the green's were solid and everything kept on shooting thru. Still we got a round for a tenner in June just for participating :thumbsup:

Houchy
21-05-2011, 06:15 PM

:agree: That's what I've always been told and had no reason to question it:agree: I'm just under 6 foot and even when I've had a custom fit, I always end up with a set off the shelf but I always ask for an extra 2 wraps to make sure I get a fresh set of grips:agree:

greenlex
21-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Course was in great nick :agree: golf could have been better tho came in with a net 77, 4 times run right thru the back of green's the approaches to the green's were solid and everything kept on shooting thru. Still we got a round for a tenner in June just for participating :thumbsup:

Worst wind conditions I can remember in over 20 odd years up the road. That was ****ing brutal. Our round today was a reduction only as the scoring was so high.
89 Blows and I hit it reasonably well!!!!!!!!! Even the putting was a nightmare.:rolleyes:
Anyhoo Ill do it all again in the second round tomorrow.:greengrin

H18sry
21-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Worst wind conditions I can remember in over 20 odd years up the road. That was ****ing brutal. Our round today was a reduction only as the scoring was so high.
89 Blows and I hit it reasonably well!!!!!!!!! Even the putting was a nightmare.:rolleyes:
Anyhoo Ill do it all again in the second round tomorrow.:greengrin

Do you know if Harburn are still accepting entries to there open on the 4th June?

greenlex
21-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Do you know if Harburn are still accepting entries to there open on the 4th June?
I dont know for sure Ronnie but I would think so.:agree:

H18sry
22-05-2011, 08:03 AM
I dont know for sure Ronnie but I would think so.:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
22-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Was wanting to play today to try out new titleist rescue club, but an injury to me and bad weather has scuppered that idea.........:rolleyes::dummytit:

Golden Bear
22-05-2011, 11:26 AM
These bloody gale force winds are causing havoc with the gowf. It's been the same for 3 weeks now.

Baldy Foghorn
22-05-2011, 03:11 PM
These bloody gale force winds are causing havoc with the gowf. It's been the same for 3 weeks now.

keep the high balls low:agree:

greenlex
22-05-2011, 07:38 PM

:agree: For the first time in yonks I recorded an NR.
I was on the 11th tee at 12 over (largely down to a double a treble and a quadruple bogey) with my two partner already recored NR's. I suggested as the 14th and 15th were clear we nip over to play the 15th to see if we could secure 2's and then get in to watch the fitba. Offer was taken up and we were in for kick off. I wasnt hitting it out the middle so getting it back looked highly unlikely.

Roll on Wednesday.:greengrin

greenlex
28-05-2011, 08:13 PM
When is this wind gonna **** right off?:grr::grr:

Baldy Foghorn
29-05-2011, 05:38 PM

Played today, don't think I have EVER played in such high winds, it was hard just keeping your balance when over the ball

I'm_cabbaged
30-05-2011, 05:37 AM

Had net 65 (with an 8) and a 67 Saturday and Sunday . 'mon the wind!!

greenlex
01-06-2011, 08:05 PM
The J Arthurs seem to have gone. A 75 today in less than easy conditions without hitting it anywhere near the middle of the club. To be fair I just needed to look at an up and down and it was done. It included three absolutely ridiculous efforts. Still another wee chop in the handicap so roll on the weekend.:)

IWasThere2016
02-06-2011, 07:55 AM

I've got a Wilson Di6 1-iron for the links A ..

Last night into 3-4 club wind, two blows - 400 yds as it gets no more than 8 feet off the ground! It is the business :agree:

greenlex
02-06-2011, 09:20 AM
I've got a Wilson Di6 1-iron for the links A ..

Last night into 3-4 club wind, two blows - 400 yds as it gets no more than 8 feet off the ground! It is the business :agree:

I hit my 5 iron 242 yards downwind yesterday. ****ing mental..)

H18sry
02-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Just back from taking the boy and his mate to Gogarburn, trying my new Callaway Fusion iron's, outward 6 a 1 over par 24 back 6 a 5 over 25 for a round of 49 a net 6 under 37 woo woo :thumbsup: Bring on the Harburn open

greenlex
02-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Just back from taking the boy and his mate to Gogarburn, trying my new Callaway Fusion iron's, outward 6 a 1 over par 24 back 6 a 5 over 25 for a round of 49 a net 6 under 37 woo woo :thumbsup: Bring on the Harburn open
Mind ma tenner on Saturday.:greengrin

H18sry
02-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Mind ma tenner on Saturday.:greengrin

Of course I'the thousand pennies sitting waiting for you :greengrin, my mate is looking for an AM cancellation if you hear of one drop me a text please :wink:

greenlex
02-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Of course I'the thousand pennies sitting waiting for you :greengrin, my mate is looking for an AM cancellation if you hear of one drop me a text please :wink:

There's about twenty on the waiting list. I think he will struggle.:(

greenlex
09-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Its close. Its very close. 78 last night with two doubles and a treble bogey. Other than that there was some bloody fine golf played. :agree:One of these days. :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
18-06-2011, 05:24 AM
You all playing the Silloth at Turnhouse today?
A Workmmate has invited me down, off at 1.40 (had put down between 10-11 :confused:)
What's the course playing like?

BroxburnHibee
18-06-2011, 07:41 AM
You all playing the Silloth at Turnhouse today?
A Workmmate has invited me down, off at 1.40 (had put down between 10-11 :confused:)
What's the course playing like?

There will be a few of us playing - I'm off at 12.45.

I suspect you got that time as that slot will have been oversuscribed.

Course is playing well - it was club championship last week - greens were micro cored immediately after but you won't notice it.

We'll be in the wee bar after if you want to meet a few of us :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
18-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Will tell my partner that's where we're going. thumbs up smiley

greenlex
18-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Not long left Radge John and his partner in the wee bar. Looked like it could get messy.

BroxburnHibee
18-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Not long left Radge John and his partner in the wee bar. Looked like it could get messy.

Sorry I missed u Alex

You were still closest to the sixth when I went through

greenlex
18-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Sorry I missed u Alex

You were still closest to the sixth when I went through

:aok:
Missed the putt.:rolleyes:
Drained a monster on the last though to leave my name on that too.:greengrin

Pity about the rest.:agree:

Didnt hang around long Broxi. Had to pick up my newly fixed electric trolley for tomorrows medal.:agree:

BroxburnHibee
18-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Were still here - messy sounds about right

Sylar
21-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Went out and played 9 holes this evening. It had cleared up briefly, but started dumping down again by the 8th.

Was 4 under scratch by the time I finished! :greengrin

greenlex
22-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Pegged it up at Dunbar this afternoon. Believe it or not it is the first time this year I have played in shirt sleeves. 1 over on the 11th tee. Least said the better about most of the rest. finished 10 over.:taxi

Playing Craigielaw for the very first time tomorrow afternoon and looking forward to it.:greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
23-06-2011, 05:22 AM
Think I should start going to the nets before i start. Started 8,7,6,5,4 and believe it or not 3. What the fek is going on smiley. :)

Sylar
23-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Think I should start going to the nets before i start. Started 8,7,6,5,4 and believe it or not 3. What the fek is going on smiley. :)

Just as well you weren't playing with The Quiet Man and his chums - you'd have been phoning 876543 to tell them you're an awful golfer :greengrin

Golden Bear
23-06-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm off to The Carrick at Loch Lomond tomorrow for 36 holes. For once the weather forecast looks reasonable so I can't wait.

greenlex
23-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed Craigielaw. Has to be said I got it on a good day. apart from a couple of poor drives and two problem bunkers got it round quite well.:agree:
I think when I can afford it I may get some sort of membership down there so I can keep playing over the winter. Its almost on the way home from work and the practice facilities would be excellent all year round.:thumbsup:
Uphall tomorrow. Nothing like back to earth with a bump. Dont like Uphall at all but its a competative game on a Friday with weather set fair so bring it on.

greenlex
24-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Uphalls greens are a mess I'm afraid. Full of patches with no grass because of disease. Slower than treacle and by the time I played at half three they were full of footprint indentations too because they were so soft with all the recent rain.
3 putted 7 of the first 10 after hitting them all in regulation.(most not particularly close to be fair but on the dance floor none the less.) Not a happy Lex.
Playing partner from Uphall tells me CSS is liable to be 68 so I go hunting Birdies down the stretch and make a pigs ear of it. CSS was 71 when I left late on and could have got buffer if I had just played conservatively. Not a happy Lex at all.
Bloody Game.:rolleyes:

BroxburnHibee
24-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Anyone playing the turnhouse open next week

Gaz
25-06-2011, 08:26 AM
I am. Looking forward to it one of the best weekends in the lothians calender

greenlex
25-06-2011, 08:43 AM

The defending Champion :greengrin is otherwise engaged:(

Golden Bear
25-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I played The Carrick at Loch Lomond yesterday and the verdict was that it is a magnificent golf course in stunning surroundings but unfortunately it was in very poor condition which merited the playing of preferred lies.

The greens were cored and heavily sanded so the putting "surfaces" were a lottery to say the least. On top of that the whole course looked to be in need of a fairly extensive program of remedial maintenance.

Based on the bookings for yesterday, we estimated that they would have taken in approximately £9000 in green fees alone. Dare I suggest that their Committee/De Vere Group should be offering discounted green views in view of the less than satisfactory playing conditions?

Having said that there is absolutely no doubt that the Course has a huge potential and given a reasonable spell of weather, I'm sure many of the current problems could be at least partially solved.

greenlex
25-06-2011, 09:43 PM
I played The Carrick at Loch Lomond yesterday and the verdict was that it is a magnificent golf course in stunning surroundings but unfortunately it was in very poor condition which merited the playing of preferred lies.

The greens were cored and heavily sanded so the putting "surfaces" were a lottery to say the least. On top of that the whole course looked to be in need of a fairly extensive program of remedial maintenance.

Based on the bookings for yesterday, we estimated that they would have taken in approximately £9000 in green fees alone. Dare I suggest that their Committee/De Vere Group should be offering discounted green views in view of the less than satisfactory playing conditions?

Having said that there is absolutely no doubt that the Course has a huge potential and given a reasonable spell of weather, I'm sure many of the current problems could be at least partially solved.
Shame that GB. I have heard bad thimgs about it for a couple of seasons now. I think its problems will need a bit more than decent weather to address them. I dont think I will be rushing tbrough to play it.
Did Cadrona overcome the problems greenwise from last year?

Golden Bear
26-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Shame that GB. I have heard bad thimgs about it for a couple of seasons now. I think its problems will need a bit more than decent weather to address them. I dont think I will be rushing tbrough to play it.
Did Cadrona overcome the problems greenwise from last year?

I've played a lot of golf at Cardrona this year and it's fair to say that there has been a vast improvement in the overall condition of the course.

The greens have improved beyond all recognition and are as good as any I have played on this season.

The Course played host to an SGU Junior Tour Event a fortnight ago and it seems to have created a favourable impression.The Head Greenkeeper told me "Well ah never got any complaints so that usually means everybody was happy" :greengrin

As the course is fairly low lying, certain holes can get saturated after a prolonged spell of rain but it seems to be standing up very well so far.

H18sry
26-06-2011, 12:52 PM

I thought about it, but noticed it is 36 holes is that Sat and Sun or all Sat :confused:

BroxburnHibee
26-06-2011, 02:03 PM
I thought about it, but noticed it is 36 holes is that Sat and Sun or all Sat :confused:

Sat and Sun.

H18sry
26-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Sat and Sun.

cheers:wink:

Ed De Gramo
26-06-2011, 05:17 PM
I've started playing Golf again after a 3 year absence (not very good at it but gonna give it a 2nd bash).

Played at the Melville Golf Centre and was quite impressed with the condition of the greens :agree:

Hopefully gonna get a few more rounds with my dad in the near future :thumbsup:

Oh and broke my 4 Iron at the driving range :rolleyes:

greenlex
26-06-2011, 08:46 PM
I've played a lot of golf at Cardrona this year and it's fair to say that there has been a vast improvement in the overall condition of the course.

The greens have improved beyond all recognition and are as good as any I have played on this season.

The Course played host to an SGU Junior Tour Event a fortnight ago and it seems to have created a favourable impression.The Head Greenkeeper told me "Well ah never got any complaints so that usually means everybody was happy" :greengrin

As the course is fairly low lying, certain holes can get saturated after a prolonged spell of rain but it seems to be standing up very well so far.
Cheers GB. Dont suppose you know when the hackers open is? Cardronas website is complicated.:greengrin

EDIT- Found it but its the same day as Harburns Silloth so I wont be down for it.:boo hoo: On the plus side I might make the Auld Gits version. :thumbsup:

greenlex
28-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Right Guys I am on holiday from Friday for a couple of weeks. I have a few games (to say the least) over the fortnight. I have nothing on both Mondays. They are doing course maintenance (micro coring the greens) the first Monday 4th July) at Harburn so I am looking for a game elsewhere and I would reciprocate the following Monday 11th at Harburn if you want
Doesn't have to be at your own club if you fancy a wee visit elsewhere on both days but I am looking for a game. Anyone interested?

H18sry
28-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Right Guys I am on holiday from Friday for a couple of weeks. I have a few games (to say the least) over the fortnight. I have nothing on both Mondays. They are doing course maintenance (micro coring the greens) the first Monday 4th July) at Harburn so I am looking for a game elsewhere and I would reciprocate the following Monday 11th at Harburn if you want
Doesn't have to be at your own club if you fancy a wee visit elsewhere on both days but I am looking for a game. Anyone interested?

Gramo will host you at Melville :devil:

greenlex
01-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Got the chance to play Luffness today. Liked the course but there wasnt too many shots coming out the middle of the bat especially off the tee.
Collar tie and jacket required in the clubhouse was a bit of a pain in the arse it has to be said but an enjoyable experience on a very nice day.:thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
01-07-2011, 08:14 PM
The Open tomorrow

Good luck to everyone playing

greenlex
02-07-2011, 09:45 AM
On holiday next two weeks:thumbsup:

Today -Harburn
Sunday - Harburn
4th - Day off
5th -Day off
6th - The Glen
7th - Pitreavie
8th - The Roxburghe
9th - Carnwath
10th - Gifford (time tbc)
11th - Day off
12th -Castle Park
13th - Lanark
14th - Colville Park (time tbc)
15th - Day off
16th -TBC Probabaly Whitekirk
17th - TBC Probably Dullatur

Back to work 18th for a rest.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
04-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Just as well you weren't playing with The Quiet Man and his chums - you'd have been phoning 876543 to tell them you're an awful golfer :greengrin

'tis true .. we have a rule any 6 holes with different scores and you have to call (on loud speaker) that number and 'fess to be hopeless :greengrin

IWasThere2016
04-07-2011, 10:52 AM

Today -Harburn
Sunday - Harburn
4th - Day off
5th -Day off
6th - The Glen
7th - Pitreavie
8th - The Roxburghe
9th - Carnwath
11th - Day off
12th -Castle Park
13th - Lanark
15th - Day off

FFS! Jammy git! Clearly no some little woman with a big list of chores in your hoose! :wink: :greengrin

I've got:

6th - Monifieth - scrubbed due to weather
7th - Crail - ditto :boo hoo:
8th - Monifieth
10th - Alyth
15th - Monifieth
17th - Monifieth
22nd - Crieff
24th - Monifieth
27th - Monifieth
29th - Kings, Gleneagles

But I'm not on holiday :greengrin

hibsboy90
05-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Pegged it up at Dunbar this afternoon. Believe it or not it is the first time this year I have played in shirt sleeves. 1 over on the 11th tee. Least said the better about most of the rest. finished 10 over.:taxi

Playing Craigielaw for the very first time tomorrow afternoon and looking forward to it.:greengrin

Thoroughly enjoyed Craigielaw. Has to be said I got it on a good day. apart from a couple of poor drives and two problem bunkers got it round quite well.:agree:
I think when I can afford it I may get some sort of membership down there so I can keep playing over the winter. Its almost on the way home from work and the practice facilities would be excellent all year round.:thumbsup:
Uphall tomorrow. Nothing like back to earth with a bump. Dont like Uphall at all but its a competative game on a Friday with weather set fair so bring it on.

My stomping ground, been a member since it opened. Glad that you enjoyed it, it's rare that people have much to complain about it, except that the greens are unfair. They are kind of like upturned saucers and extremely difficult to hold on.

They have just hollow tined (sp?) the greens to give them a rest, as well as some furious watering. Hopefully this will make them more receptive later in the season.

On another note, played Royal Troon a few weeks ago for the first time, wasn't the windiest day so not actually the most difficult of courses; but you do feel the history and prestige of the place.

greenlex
05-07-2011, 02:59 PM
My stomping ground, been a member since it opened. Glad that you enjoyed it, it's rare that people have much to complain about it, except that the greens are unfair. They are kind of like upturned saucers and extremely difficult to hold on.

They have just hollow tined (sp?) the greens to give them a rest, as well as some furious watering. Hopefully this will make them more receptive later in the season.

On another note, played Royal Troon a few weeks ago for the first time, wasn't the windiest day so not actually the most difficult of courses; but you do feel the history and prestige of the place.
Only three putted twice Hibsboy. Both were definately three putt territory. I will definately be back.:agree:

Golden Bear
05-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Today -Harburn
Sunday - Harburn
4th - Day off
5th -Day off
6th - The Glen
7th - Pitreavie
8th - The Roxburghe9th - Carnwath
11th - Day off
12th -Castle Park
13th - Lanark
15th - Day off

I played The Roxburghe yesterday in the auld farts Open. I shot 74-3 =71 which was good enough to win the overall scratch prize.

They played the tournament of the yellow tees with a Standard Scratch rating of 72 and it did make the course a bit shorter than the normal layout.

Overall, the Course is in good nick although the greens are not as fast as they appear. (Ok I putted like a total eejit!!)

Enjoy and beat me if you can!

:na na:

PS I'm off to the Scottish Open for the next 6 days so I may have difficulty in catching up on your "reply!"

greenlex
06-07-2011, 09:25 AM
I played The Roxburghe yesterday in the auld farts Open. I shot 74-3 =71 which was good enough to win the overall scratch prize.

They played the tournament of the yellow tees with a Standard Scratch rating of 72 and it did make the course a bit shorter than the normal layout.

Overall, the Course is in good nick although the greens are not as fast as they appear. (Ok I putted like a total eejit!!)

PS I'm off to the Scottish Open for the next 6 days so I may have difficulty in catching up on your "reply!"
I'll try my best GB. We will be off the whites the weather is to be more difficult etc etc. (getting my excuses in early:greengrin)
Enjoy Castle Stuart.:aok:

cocopops1875
09-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Got my 1st ever eagle last night after 3 years flirting with it :-) buzzing

frazeHFC
11-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Was at the Scottish open on Friday, what a great course!

Played the 36 hole tournament at Kingsknowe/Baberton today and had a nightmare. At Baberton, 4 over through 11, finished 14 over. Doubled 12 and trippled 13......

frazeHFC
11-07-2011, 10:19 PM

I played a team game at Harburn on that day, and the greens were a mess. 10th was closed and last 2 were covered in sand. Nice course though. I had pars on first 6 holes then kept playing decent until 12 (short par 4 with pond?) where i fell away (5 off tea......).

Won 4&3 and team won 5.5 - 0.5 but our yam ruined the chance of a 6-0 start to the campaign. :wink:

Playing in the junior open on August 4th there. Getting my exam results texted to me while on course. If they go bad then wandering onto the railway track seems better than facing my parents. :greengrin

Are the greens looking better now?

greenlex
11-07-2011, 11:47 PM
I played a team game at Harburn on that day, and the greens were a mess. 10th was closed and last 2 were covered in sand. Nice course though. I had pars on first 6 holes then kept playing decent until 12 (short par 4 with pond?) where i fell away (5 off tea......).

Won 4&3 and team won 5.5 - 0.5 but our yam ruined the chance of a 6-0 start to the campaign. :wink:

Playing in the junior open on August 4th there. Getting my exam results texted to me while on course. If they go bad then wandering onto the railway track seems better than facing my parents. :greengrin

Are the greens looking better now?
Micro cored and sand brushed in. Summer maintenance done this time every year. In another week you wont know it had been done. I played today and they were a wee bit bumpy to be honest. Junior Open is the week after Club Championship so they will be very good.
I passed tve Yam as he was going down tbe 17th. He had just git it back to all square after being 2 down. Our two best laddies were unavailable so you had it easy.

greenlex
12-07-2011, 12:20 AM

Worst round this year. 91 blows with 87 of them actually hit.:(
Did play with the laddie that won the scratch prize. 72 with 3 putt art the last. When I asked him why he hadnt lagged the first o e he replied he had it to go two under. The innocence of youth. Played out of Burgess. Very good player .

Gaz
12-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Worst round this year. 91 blows with 87 of them actually hit.:(
Did play with the laddie that won the scratch prize. 72 with 3 putt art the last. When I asked him why he hadnt lagged the first o e he replied he had it to go two under. The innocence of youth. Played out of Burgess. Very good player .

was his name vaarun

Sylar
12-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm lucky if I've played 3 full rounds since the turn of the year and breaking my middle digit playing badminton last week isn't likely to speed up any return to the course.

Have 3 rounds lined up (Turnberry, Fairmont and Rosemount) over the next few months, as well as 2 weeks golfing in the Sunshine State, but I'm so busy, I'm beginning to wonder why I bothered taking membership out at my course this year.

frazeHFC
12-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Micro cored and sand brushed in. Summer maintenance done this time every year. In another week you wont know it had been done. I played today and they were a wee bit bumpy to be honest. Junior Open is the week after Club Championship so they will be very good.
I passed tve Yam as he was going down tbe 17th. He had just git it back to all square after being 2 down. Our two best laddies were unavailable so you had it easy.

We still would've won though. ;) I probably passed you that day without knowing who you are. ;)

Golden Bear
12-07-2011, 02:13 PM
was his name vaarun

Mr V Varadharajan according to "HowdidIdo."

Looks like he beat a mate of mine on the better inward half.

greenlex
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM
was his name vaarun
It was indeed. He played very well and only made two mistakes before his three putt on the last.:agree: Very fine player.

Gaz
13-07-2011, 08:39 AM
It was indeed. He played very well and only made two mistakes before his three putt on the last.:agree: Very fine player.

yeah i played with him in the turnhouse open he shot 71 70 he said he was going to play the roxburgh cause the css is 2 above and a easy place to get cut. He strikes the ball well though needs to build himself up to hit it a bit further

greenlex
13-07-2011, 09:23 PM
I am too auld for 36 holes these days. :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:
I am gonna suffer the morra. I really am fugged. Thank goodness I'm not off till after two.

greenlex
14-07-2011, 09:54 AM
I am too auld for 36 holes these days. :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:
I am gonna suffer the morra. I really am fugged. Thank goodness I'm not off till after two.
Jeeeeeezzzzuuussssss!

IWasThere2016
14-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Jeeeeeezzzzuuussssss!

Poor wee soul :greengrin

H18sry
14-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Jeeeeeezzzzuuussssss!

try 72 in one day :na na:

IWasThere2016
14-07-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm lucky if I've played 3 full rounds since the turn of the year and breaking my middle digit playing badminton last week isn't likely to speed up any return to the course.

Have 3 rounds lined up (Turnberry, Fairmont and Rosemount) over the next few months, as well as 2 weeks golfing in the Sunshine State, but I'm so busy, I'm beginning to wonder why I bothered taking membership out at my course this year.

Ye were asked oot on Tuesday! I played just 7 and was +1; played 13 last night - didn't call you as it was to be a fourball but there was a late no show - and again was +1 :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
14-07-2011, 09:17 PM
My partner's had to pull out of the silloth at Liberton on the 30th July, anyone fancy it? Quick reply please so I can try to get somebody else if nobody fancies it. :thumbsup:

cocopops1875
15-07-2011, 05:54 AM
I could play ic if you like

Sylar
15-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Ye were asked oot on Tuesday! I played just 7 and was +1; played 13 last night - didn't call you as it was to be a fourball but there was a late no show - and again was +1 :greengrin

We've been going to the cinema at half 8 to watch the run-back's of the Harry Potter films, before going to the cinema on Saturday to see the last one.

Free next week though and up here over next weekend.

Fancy a game on the Saturday/Sunday? I still need to get 3 competitions in or will lose my handicap again!

I'm_cabbaged
15-07-2011, 11:39 AM

Have you got a national handicap? If so give me a pm with your h/cap, and contact details and I'll try and get it arranged tomorrow

I'm_cabbaged
16-07-2011, 06:39 PM

You have a pm.

I'm_cabbaged
17-07-2011, 07:43 AM
My partner's had to pull out of the silloth at Liberton on the 30th July, anyone fancy it? Quick reply please so I can try to get somebody else if nobody fancies it. :thumbsup:

Cocopops can't make it, anyone else fancy it? Today's the last day for registering so I'll give it until about 3.00pm.

First to pm me their name and national h/cap secures a free round at Liberton and the advantage of not being able to travel to Inverness!!! :wink:

cocopops1875
17-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I can make it you read pm wrong i think

I'm_cabbaged
17-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I can make it you read pm wrong i think

Sh**, thought you said that you just realised it was a Saturday and couldn't play. Have deleted the pm so can't check it, now I've got HI8SRY playing, sorry about that.
You could always have a play off with him for the honour. :greengrin

cocopops1875
17-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Ha ha its cool you will have a good time with ronnie. Just sent the 2nd message to say I had not realised it was a sat so could play anytime

H18sry
17-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Ha ha its cool you will have a good time with ronnie. Just sent the 2nd message to say I had not realised it was a sat so could play anytime

Sorry Coco for cutting yer grass matey :greengrin

cocopops1875
18-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Ha ha no worries ronnie. Came 2nd in the summer cup got cut to 17 delighted :-) loads of shots left out there too hoping for another cut or 2 before the end of the summer season

FromTheCapital
19-07-2011, 01:42 PM
I play at Liberton Golf Club with my little brother, he shot a 73 (Par is 67), no handicap...

I'm_cabbaged
20-07-2011, 05:44 AM
I play at Liberton Golf Club with my little brother, he shot a 73 (Par is 67), no handicap...

Will probably know you, are you saying that your brother doesn't have a handicap?

Ed De Gramo
21-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Played 9 holes at Melville Golf Centre this morning.

Shot a 51 (par is 32) which was an improvement on last month (shot a 56). SHOULD have shaved 7 strokes of the 51 but my putting was horrifically brutal (4 putted a couple of times :boo hoo::grr:)

I am still a beginner to the sport though so i know it just takes time and lots of practice.

sg7nil
22-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Got an offer emailed to me today stating that Dalmahoy are offering a round on their big course (East) for £25. (7 days a week, although after 13:00 only at weekends). The West course is £20.

Here are the details :-

Today's Deal - Only £25 per round on the majestic East Course at Dalmahoy saving a massive £59.00 per round! Available 7 days a week.

About this deal:

Only £25 per round (a 70% discount) on the majestic East Course at Dalmahoy. This is an unbeatable offer of 18 holes on one of Scotland finest golf courses saving a massive £59.00 per round. This offer is valid until 30th Sept 2011 and available 7 days a week.

Fine print:

Tee time can be booked any day Monday - Sunday.
Offer valid until 30th September 2011.
Reservations can be made up to 10 days in advance.
No play before 1pm on Weekends.
Reservations should be made by calling 0131 333 1845 (online reservation not available with this deal).
Maximum 8 purchases permitted per person.
20% off buggy hire. Driving Range and Putting Green Available.
Memberships available - No Joining Fee - No Waiting List.

That makes it comparable costwise to playing on the public courses in Edinburgh and must drum them up a bit of business.

However I could see this also taking some custom away from other local courses who may have to follow suit with cost reductions.

Are Dalmahoy struggling financially perhaps?

H18sry
22-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Got an offer emailed to me today stating that Dalmahoy are offering a round on their big course (East) for £25. (7 days a week, although after 13:00 only at weekends). The West course is £20.

Today's Deal - Only £25 per round on the majestic East Course at Dalmahoy saving a massive £59.00 per round! Available 7 days a week.

About this deal:

Only £25 per round (a 70% discount) on the majestic East Course at Dalmahoy. This is an unbeatable offer of 18 holes on one of Scotland finest golf courses saving a massive £59.00 per round. This offer is valid until 30th Sept 2011 and available 7 days a week.

Fine print:

Reservations should be made by calling 0131 333 1845 (online reservation not available with this deal).

That makes it comparable costwise to playing on the public courses in Edinburgh and must drum them up a bit of business.

However I could see this also taking some custom away from other local courses who may have to follow suit with cost reductions.

West coast only £20
Extra Deal!

Only £20 per round on the excellent West Course at Dalmahoy saving £26.00 per round! Available 7 days a week.

As well as the main deal, you can take advantage of our extra deal for the excellent West Course at Dalmahoy. The deal is valid until 30th Sept 2011 and available 7 days a week.

Sylar
22-07-2011, 02:57 PM
.net outing to Dalmahoy :wink:

Golden Bear
22-07-2011, 03:39 PM

About this deal:

Fine print:

I think most golf courses are starting to feel the pinch.

There are a load of good offers available at the moment and this is an indication that income from green fees is on a downward spiral.

H18sry
22-07-2011, 09:04 PM
.net outing to Dalmahoy :wink:

you get it sorted then :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
29-07-2011, 10:24 PM
After 3 years of a rising handicap I finally got my game together in our Wednesday flyer.

78 hits for a net 64 :thumbsup:

Wasn't enough to win but really pleased - long may it continue.

Back doon to 12 again :greengrin

Godsahibby
04-08-2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.golfclubswiki.com/

I found this website the other day, seems to cheap to be true for clubs. Anyone used it before?

I was linked to the site from another site that Ive bought stuff (clothes) off in the past with no problems.

H18sry
04-08-2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.golfclubswiki.com/

I found this website the other day, seems to cheap to be true for clubs. Anyone used it before?

I was linked to the site from another site that Ive bought stuff (clothes) off in the past with no problems.

Do not touch with a barge pole :wink:

frazeHFC
04-08-2011, 09:56 PM
@Greenlex, were you playing Harburn today?

I played the junior open today, and had an absolute mare with my worst score in about 6 years. Plus i almost took out the junior convenior and Mark? Stanton with a hook into the tree they were beside. :rolleyes:

Gone from 8.4 to 10.4 this year. At least it can only get better. :greengrin

greenlex
05-08-2011, 01:43 PM
@Greenlex, were you playing Harburn today?

I played the junior open today, and had an absolute mare with my worst score in about 6 years. Plus i almost took out the junior convenior and Mark? Stanton with a hook into the tree they were beside. :rolleyes:

Gone from 8.4 to 10.4 this year. At least it can only get better. :greengrin

No I was up for a bit and caught the last of the laddies teeing off after 2ish.

I was hoping to see who got arrested and charged with dodging the train the night before. £1000 fine. Its a stupid person that goes on the railway line looking for a ball. He's even more stupid when he doesnt get out the road of one of Richard Bransons finest. Turns out they didnt get whoever it was but the place was crawling with Transport Police the night before.

Not so good on the golf front laddie.. The greens would be in better nick than the last time you played if a little slow with the rain.
Mark's a Jambo so make sure you get him the next time.:greengrin I am playing with him on Wed.
Stop trying too hard and it will happen.:agree:

frazeHFC
05-08-2011, 10:40 PM
No I was up for a bit and caught the last of the laddies teeing off after 2ish. I was hoping to see who got arrested and charged with dodging the train the night before. £1000 fine. Its a stupid person that goes on the railway line looking for a ball. He's even more stupid when he doesnt get out the road of one of Richard Bransons finest. Turns out they didnt get whoever it was but the place was crawling with Transport Police the night before.Not so good on the golf front laddie.. The greens would be in better nick than the last time you played if a little slow with the rain.Mark's a Jambo so make sure you get him the next time.:greengrin I am playing with him on Wed.Stop trying too hard and it will happen.:agree: Just mention the boy who almost took him out, had a mare (105 haha) and played with the junior conveniors son, and he will know who i am. :wink: 105 is embaressing and i have been getting stick since, but i want to make it known i finished 8 8 5 4 5 10 4 6 because i totally gave up and lost my swing but did not want to NR. It is because i had major hooks and lost many balls.Today was a lot better though. I was 5 over with 4 to go despite numerous lip outs having birdied 11 and parring the next 3. I did then finish with 4 straight bogeys which was gutting for a 79. Huge improvememt though! :greengrinDuno if you have a medal this weekend, but if you do then good luck. :aok:

TonyMontana1875
05-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi guys. I joined Kingsknowe this year, my first year at any club. Loving it. Just a 5 day member but always open to a visitor or two if your looking for a round gimme a message:greengrin:thumbsup:

frazeHFC
05-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Played Kingsknowe open. Great course, apart from a par 3 to start with. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
06-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Having my first ever lesson today as my nice draw has become a low hooking horror thing! Have game tomorrow - final round and I'm joint leader - Tuesday at 5, and 36-holer at Crieff on Friday.

All this with two bad knees and a poorly achilles! Seriously, contemplating no golf Oct-Apr and resting up/getting surgery on the knees!

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
If anyone wants a caddie for any opens, competitions etc, give me a PM as i could do with a bit of cash. :wink:

Godsahibby
06-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi guys. I joined Kingsknowe this year, my first year at any club. Loving it. Just a 5 day member but always open to a visitor or two if your looking for a round gimme a message:greengrin:thumbsup:

I'm a full member up there so give me a shout if you fancy a game sometime, obviously will have to be midweek for you.

Golden Bear
06-08-2011, 12:56 PM
I played an Open tournament at Torwoodlee in Galashiels this morning and was drawn to be play with Andy Lawrie who used to play for Falkirk & St Johnstone.

Andy is a scratch golfer and he made the game look easy by knocking it round in 67 (3 under par). We had a cracking game and I managed to secure a buffer (74-3 = 71.) The sun must have been shining on us as just as we finished the rain came on for the poor sods that are playing this afternoon.

Shame really :devil:

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Today my golf was very good, bar a small poor run:

Par
Bogey
Bogey
Birdie
Par
Par
Bogey
Double Bogey
Bogey
Par
Birdie
Par
Par
Bogey
Par
Par
Bogey
Bogey

7 over 77. Bad run to finish front 9 with 2 three putts and missed 2 shortish putts on the back 9 so could have been around 74 with more care.

greenlex
07-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Bollox. I will need to watch fitba all day.:rolleyes: Harburn is closed due to flooding. Second round of Steele cup will now be played next Sunday. :agree:

frazeHFC
07-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Looks like i won't be playing today either, which is annoying as i wanted to practice for our crucial team match against Linlithgow tomorrow.

I am a member there too but this will be my first game against them in 4 years as i am usually on holiday when we play them.

BroxburnHibee
07-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Join a course with decent drainage :wink:

frazeHFC
07-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Join a course with decent drainage :wink:

I think Linlithgow was open as the water runs down the hill onto the canal. But before tomorrow, that would just be mixing with the enemy. :devil:

TonyMontana1875
07-08-2011, 10:24 PM

Thats my course pal. Im just a 5dayer but if you wanna come round for a hit im out most days :agree:

frazeHFC
08-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Won my game 8&6 and the team won 6-0.

Great day of golf. :thumbsup:

greenlex
09-08-2011, 08:49 PM
More like my old self today 4 bogeys 1 birdie for 74. Weathers to be pish the rest of the week. :boo hoo:

frazeHFC
10-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Played Royal Mussleborough open yesterday. I had an awful start, i had the duck hooks and because it is very narrow i was going into trees and having a mare with doubles, tripples etc.

By the 8th i had sorted out what i was doing wrong and started playing well. So i finished 15 over off 10 which is poor, but good after the start considering i thought i was heading for tripple figures.

Houchy
10-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Thats my course pal. Im just a 5dayer but if you wanna come round for a hit im out most days :agree:

You'll probably know 2 of my good buddies up there... Allyn Dick and Dave Ewen. Both fantastic golfers and top blokes aswell. Allyn's a Scottish international playing off +4 and Dave is the World Champion deaf golfer.

Houchy
10-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I just bought a new driver yesterday. A Titleist 910 D2 but the assistant pro gave me a 10.5 rather than the 9.5.
Someone said I wonder why they called it the 910 rather than following their previous method which was the 905, 907, 909 and now the 910. The pro said, "do you really think the americans would buy a 911?"

frazeHFC
10-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Houchy they sound like great golfers, how old are they?

Also, that answer from the Pro, although true, is quite a good one. :aok:

I got the 'Taylor-Made Burner Superfast 2.0' 5 wood hen down in Blackpool for the football, with the white head. Hitting it great, absolutely love it. :thumbsup:

Houchy
10-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Houchy they sound like great golfers, how old are they?

Also, that answer from the Pro, although true, is quite a good one. :aok:

I got the 'Taylor-Made Burner Superfast 2.0' 5 wood hen down in Blackpool for the football, with the white head. Hitting it great, absolutely love it. :thumbsup:

Al, I think, is late 20's early 30's while Dave's in his (late) 40's:agree:

They also play at my home course which is Carrickvale in Edinburgh and, together with Craig Elliot, won the Scottish Club Championship to qualify for the world championships where they came 6th last year.

Craig met Allyn in the Lothians Championship final last year with Allyn just edging it in the end. Doesn't look like i'll get a snif of the team anytime soon. One of the team that helped them get to the WCC's last year has just turned pro and is playing on the minor tours just now (Michael Kanev).

BroxburnHibee
11-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Mcilroy has hurt his wrist - cant see him continuing.

greenlex
11-08-2011, 07:45 PM
WTF did Sky employ Monty as a commentator for ? He is really ***** at it and is putting me off the coverage. :grr::grr:

TonyMontana1875
11-08-2011, 09:15 PM
You'll probably know 2 of my good buddies up there... Allyn Dick and Dave Ewen. Both fantastic golfers and top blokes aswell. Allyn's a Scottish international playing off +4 and Dave is the World Champion deaf golfer.

Dont know Allyn personally but what a fantastic player he is by all accounts. In the final at Dunbar Monday. :agree:

BroxburnHibee
12-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Dont know Allyn personally but what a fantastic player he is by all accounts. In the final at Dunbar Monday. :agree:

Against Turnhouse's Graham Robertson

Should be a good game

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Played Kingsknowe open. Great course, apart from a par 3 to start with. :greengrin

Im a full member at Kingsknowe. All par 3's are tricky but some easyish par 4's....

BroxburnHibee
13-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Yet another comeback from Woods stalls - seems to me his problems are in his head.

Sad to see but all self-inflicted.

His aura of invincibility has gone - cant see him ever being the player he was.

frazeHFC
13-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Im a full member at Kingsknowe. All par 3's are tricky but some easyish par 4's.... Guy i was playing with, also a Hibee, holed his second shot on the 12th, for Eagle. That was class!

greenlex
13-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Lex's aura of invincibilty has gone too. ****ing rubbish today. Not one decent shot to mention. :boo hoo::boo hoo:

frazeHFC
13-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Today every drive, bar one, was straight down the middle, my driving was amazing, yet i only had 3 GIRs, the 14th, 15th and 17th. My iron play really was abysmal. I would be 30 yards away with my drive, on the fairway, yet miss the green. It was infuriating, especially as my putting was class. I had 7 one putts, 10 two putts and a 3 putt.

I was 7 over after 7, then went 2 over for the last 11, including a 3 putt. So shot a 79 just missing getting cut for the first time this year. If i could hit my irons straight i would have easily been level par.

Need to sort my iron play out!

Houchy
14-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Today every drive, bar one, was straight down the middle, my driving was amazing, yet i only had 3 GIRs, the 14th, 15th and 17th. My iron play really was abysmal. I would be 30 yards away with my drive, on the fairway, yet miss the green. It was infuriating, especially as my putting was class. I had 7 one putts, 10 two putts and a 3 putt.

I was 7 over after 7, then went 2 over for the last 11, including a 3 putt. So shot a 79 just missing getting cut for the first time this year. If i could hit my irons straight i would have easily been level par.

Need to sort my iron play out!

Remember though, that if you're not hitting greens, putting stats mean nothing. You can miss a green by being a foot off it, take 2 putts but because you're not on the green for the first one, it goes down as a one putt. The USPGA have even disregarded this stat and have renamed it putts per GIR.

Houchy
14-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Has anyone on here played greenburn golf course (fauldhouse) I've entered the open on Saturday but haven't played it so would be interested to hear peoples views on it. As it's my first comp in a year, i'm hoping that it's pretty flat?

greenlex
14-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Has anyone on here played greenburn golf course (fauldhouse) I've entered the open on Saturday but haven't played it so would be interested to hear peoples views on it. As it's my first comp in a year, i'm hoping that it's pretty flat? Its ok Houchy. Reasonably flat. Gentle two opening holes with OOB on the left. 4 iron wedge for both. Easy par 4 next followed by a straightforward par 5. 5th a bassa. Most in the middle straightforward enough. 17 OOB down left and trouble down bioth sides to finish with a tight fairway. Could be a bit soggy.

Godsahibby
16-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Been quite disappointed with my year so far, first full year as a member at Kingsknowe and really expected to have seen some signs of improvement. Playing off 19 but means nothing, I've had 2 really good rounds but apart from that I've been shocking.

My driving and putting are both pretty good, unfortunately it's everything in between that ruins me!

Got a wee trip away this weekend to Murrayshall, hopefully can put in a good round and kick start my season! Has anyone played Murrayshall before? any tips?

cocopops1875
17-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Chris assume its the big course ? It's pretty long a nice course 1 tip take enough club on the wee par 3 over the water :-) every player in our group found water