PDA

View Full Version : Tom Heaney

WWFTWTG
23-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Just heard tonight that Tom is not well. Tom is a larger than life jambo who drinks in my local, staggs musselburgh.

Best wishes Tom - hope you recover and be good to see you soon.

WWFTWTG

The Harp
24-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Used to work for the same company as Tom many years ago. He was an annoying Jambo back then and I don't expect he's changed.
Hope his condition isn't too serious ... he's owe me a pint!!! :wink:

Nazz
24-03-2011, 02:52 AM
I remember a Thomas Heaney in my year at Lasswade High many moons ago. He was a loud and boisterous Jambo then too. I'm sure he was a frequent caller to radio phone-ins to spread the message about his beloved Jambos. We are talking about the same person, right?

modsquad
24-03-2011, 07:28 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/90365-tom-heaney/

Copy of thread on KB for your info bout his condition

bookert
24-03-2011, 07:44 AM
was in Staggs last night and heard the news. Had many discussion / debate with Tam over the years, my thoughts are with him and his family.

Dalianwanda
24-03-2011, 09:23 AM
I know him because his family stayed beside my mate in Port Seaton. Have seen him in Staggs when ever Im home, very friendly guy. Positive thoughts to him..

son of haggart
24-03-2011, 10:52 AM
A very early poster on this forum and others

Had many a chat with him over the years - very tough for his family, who are flying over from the states

ronaldo7
24-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Sad to hear of this news. I had a pint with him in Staggs a few weeks ago, and as usual the conversation was about Hibs and Hertz. Hope he pulls through.

The Harp
25-03-2011, 10:50 PM
A very early poster on this forum and others

Had many a chat with him over the years - very tough for his family, who are flying over from the states

Just saw on Kickback that Tom has lost his fight for life. I tried to put a post on their message board but no joy.
Over 30 years ago I worked in the printing trade and before I left the company a young guy named Tom Heaney started work in the office.
It was obvious from day 1 that Tom was a Jambo, and up until my departure we had many discussions about fitba, particularly on a Monday when either one of our teams had lost the previous weekend. We were both young guys (in my case relatively young) and our respective teams meant the world to us so sometimes the banter would get a wee bit out of hand.
Anyway, when I left the firm we lost touch and I didn’t see Tom again until March last year. Hibs had been emptied out the Cup the night before by lower league opposition yet again, this time, Ross County, and I made my way into Stagg’s in Mussie to read the match report (and greet into my pint).
As I stood at the bar I heard a few guys talking, one of them seemed ecstatic about Hibs exit from the Cup, so I kept my distance. However, after a few minutes one of the group approached – (it had to be the ecstatic guy) and asked my name. It was none other than Tom Heaney! I never recognised him at all, primarily because he had put on a fair amount of weight in the intervening years.
In the old days, I would have been on the receiving end of a right slagging, but not on this occasion. We chatted away for ages, talking of the guys we remembered from all those years ago. The Hearts/Hibs thing was mentioned too of course, but there was no gloating on his part (much though he probably wanted to).
We left the pub saying we would look out for each other in Stagg’s but alas our paths never crossed again. My sincere condolences go to Tom’s wife and young family (who he spoke proudly of the day we met).

RIP Tom

delbert
27-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Went to school at Lasswade High with Tom, and lets just say he was as passionate about his team as I am sure we all are about ours, which does'nt make him a bad person. Always sad when a young guy with a young family passes on, what team a guy supports does'nt matter at all at a time like this. Thanks for the banter Tom, was always good fun, and my sincere condolences to your family and friends.