PDA

View Full Version : Dress sense and Jambo bonuses

Hibs7
23-03-2011, 09:34 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/The-Rumour-Mill-Wednesday39s-football.6738907.jp

I don't think Brown or McGregor have mirrors in their rooms, also note the bit about Jambo players not receiving bonus payments, surprise, surprise.

poolman
23-03-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3485387/Jambos-locked-in-bonus-battle.html

Fedotovas said back then: "The players have had their salaries every time for four years since we bought the club, and the bonuses are paid when they are deserved.

:faf:

JimBHibees
23-03-2011, 09:52 AM
The key point of course being:

although there is no actual written agreement as to when bonuses should be paid out. :thumbsup:

inglisavhibs
23-03-2011, 10:32 AM
The key point of course being:

although there is no actual written agreement as to when bonuses should be paid out. :thumbsup:
Always seems strange to me that players would sign contracts not knowing if and when bonuses are paid. You would assume the agents should cover this before the player signs. Maybe it's because they are so chuffed with the basic wages being paid, they don't care about the bonuses!!!!!! Strange anyway.

Brooster
23-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Most yams are on £500 a point and not one of them has been paid 1 bonus all season. Thats a lot of money.

JimBHibees
23-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Always seems strange to me that players would sign contracts not knowing if and when bonuses are paid. You would assume the agents should cover this before the player signs. Maybe it's because they are so chuffed with the basic wages being paid, they don't care about the bonuses!!!!!! Strange anyway.

I would imagine that is exactly it.

Hibercelona
23-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Most yams are on £500 a point and not one of them has been paid 1 bonus all season. Thats a lot of money.

My heart really bleeds for them. :greengrin

Andy74
23-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Why does no-one in the public ever complain about footballers being paid bonuses when their clubs are making a loss? :greengrin

HibeeB
23-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Why does no-one in the public ever complain about footballers being paid bonuses when their clubs are making a loss? :greengrin

A very good point.

Now, if Hearts players had been merchant bankers................

Oh, wait........

Albion Hibs
23-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I thought win bonuses where at the discretion of the club and varied on a season by season basis? Whilst a player would have a wage and maybe an appearance in his contract I dont think that bonuses are specified, but rather agreed at the beginning of the season.

The main issue being that what does an agreement mean to mad vlad. Lets be honest even if it was written in blood in each of the players contracts, if he does not want to pay he wont - he does not seem to have an issue stalling wages etc.

Serves them right for playing for hertz anyway.

PS brown looks like a fud.

Jim44
24-03-2011, 07:16 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/The-Rumour-Mill-Wednesday39s-football.6738907.jp

I don't think Brown or McGregor have mirrors in their rooms, also note the bit about Jambo players not receiving bonus payments, surprise, surprise.

I thought win bonuses where at the discretion of the club and varied on a season by season basis? Whilst a player would have a wage and maybe an appearance in his contract I dont think that bonuses are specified, but rather agreed at the beginning of the season.

The main issue being that what does an agreement mean to mad vlad. Lets be honest even if it was written in blood in each of the players contracts, if he does not want to pay he wont - he does not seem to have an issue stalling wages etc.

As a recent critic of Brown's attitude and behaviour when receiving his loser's medal and being accused of bitterness and prejudice against him, let me on this occasion spring to his defense. While, to my mind, he's still a sour-pussed, petulant and snide individual, it is his to his great credit that he is capable of a sense of humour in his choice of golf attire at La Manga. :greengrin

Andy74
24-03-2011, 09:29 AM

Generally not contractual and most teams agree by Captain's Committee or other go between from the team and board.

JimBHibees
24-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Generally not contractual and most teams agree by Captain's Committee or other go between from the team and board.

Surely the agreement would be documented by those concerned thereby in effect making it contractual?

poolman
24-03-2011, 11:25 AM
There doesn't appear to be much in the Yams current account at the moment :greengrin

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3487866/Jambos-Well-pay-up-when-were-a-bit-better-off.html

Jim44
24-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Apparently the gross sum to be paid is not a huge amount and the fact that they hold themselves up for public ridicule and criticism over their chronic parsimony shows them up for the mickey mouse set up they really are when it comes to conducting club business.

HibeeB
24-03-2011, 03:18 PM
There doesn't appear to be much in the Yams current account at the moment :greengrin

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3487866/Jambos-Well-pay-up-when-were-a-bit-better-off.html

It's how BIG businesses work :coffee: