PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

hibeenicol
22-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Anyone been out yet that the new season has started?

I was out on opening day up at Butterstone and had 8 fish before lunchtime. I stopped fishing around 12.30 as we were worried about the roads as the snow never halted.

I'm off to North Third the day before the derby so if anyones there before then and got some tips pass them this way.

Allant1981
25-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Anyone been out yet that the new season has started?

I was out on opening day up at Butterstone and had 8 fish before lunchtime. I stopped fishing around 12.30 as we were worried about the roads as the snow never halted.

I'm off to North Third the day before the derby so if anyones there before then and got some tips pass them this way.

I was thinking of taking up fishing but dont have a scooby about what rods etc to buy. Dont think i fancy fly fishing as it looks kind of hard and ive never fished in my life. Have you any tips on where to start out

Andy Bee
25-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I was thinking of taking up fishing but dont have a scooby about what rods etc to buy. Dont think i fancy fly fishing as it looks kind of hard and ive never fished in my life. Have you any tips on where to start out

Fly fishing is probably the easiest and cheapest form of fishing to get into, most shops will do a decent named starter package for around £100, get yourself a couple of lessons from your local fishery and you're off. The rod type will depend on where you want to go fishing, if it's a large river or reservoir you'll need a longer heavier rod, personally I mainly use a small, lightweight 9'6" Greys rod, stick a pair of chest waders on and walk down the middle of the Tweed but a good all rounder to get started would be 10' 5" or 11' weight 7

Can't comment on coarse fishing, it's a mugs game :greengrin

hibsbollah
25-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Its dead difficult, you never catch anything and it always rains. Best spending your hard earned cash on a decent games console instead.