PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Mad Rumours About Next Season

Speedway
22-03-2011, 01:43 PM
The good folk at Hibs Mad reckon Hibs are pursuing the following players for next season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_O'Connor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Sproule

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hughes_(footballer_born_1982)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owain_Tudur_Jones

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Showunmi

Three ex-players in that lot. Some hefty wages to afford too.

What's in your wallet?

Dunbar Hibee
22-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Hmm. Risky one with bringing back Enoch Showunmi, fair enough his goal v QOTS but thats about all he done.

HibbyAndy
22-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Hmm. Risky one with bringing back Enoch Showunmi, fair enough his goal v QOTS but thats about all he done.

:greengrin

Speedway
22-03-2011, 01:54 PM
I should add that I've heard whispers that we'll be going back for two of our previous targets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Cowie_(footballer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Bogdanovi%C4%87

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2011, 02:07 PM
A 6ft3 midfielder at Hibs,do me a favour.

El Gubbz
22-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Does everyone take the mick when they say Enock Showumni is an ex hibs player?

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2011, 02:11 PM

I thought we were too hasty letting him go. Since he left, he's shown everyone just how good he could have been at easter road. :grr:

HibbyAndy
22-03-2011, 02:13 PM
I thought we were too hasty letting him go. Since he left, he's shown everyone just how good he could have been at easter road. :grr:

:agree:

Defo had something to offer..That goal against QOS was a cracker.

Stevie Reid
22-03-2011, 02:19 PM
I should add that I've heard whispers that we'll be going back for two of our previous targets:

Cowie is quality but as he is playing regularly for a Championship team I can't see any way that it could happen.

ancient hibee
22-03-2011, 02:24 PM
A 6ft3 midfielder at Hibs,do me a favour.

Yep we don't want any more midgets.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Played very well v Villa!

GloryGlory
22-03-2011, 03:01 PM

Naw, that was his brother. :greengrin

1two
22-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I've heard the board have informed calderwood of his summer budget

I was surprised when I was told how much it was.

HibeeB
22-03-2011, 03:17 PM

Depends on ST sales shirley :dunno:

BoltonHibee
22-03-2011, 03:23 PM

I just don't know where it is all coming from......

Ritchie
22-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Owain Tudor Jones was rated highly at swansea but nothing ever really came of it.

SRHibs
22-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Oh, another Showumni thread. The hilarity continues.

If the other ones are serious, then I wouldn't be too happy. Sproule might be a cult hero, but really all he had going for him was his application and his pace. I would imagine at his age his pace will be deteriorating, so he's not really worth getting back IMO.

The_Horde
22-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh, another Showumni thread. The hilarity continues.

If the other ones are serious, then I wouldn't be too happy. Sproule might be a cult hero, but really all he had going for him was his application and his pace. I would imagine at his age his pace will be deteriorating, so he's not really worth getting back IMO.

At the same time though Ivan ripped up a better quality SPL and IMO would again. Can't see it though!

Hakim Sar
22-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Efan Ekoku

H1B33 1875
22-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Not the same player, Enoch has never played for Hibs, we had Thomas for a brief spell. Enoch is too similar in style to Sodje, cant see Calderwood moving for him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Owain Tudor Jones was rated highly at swansea but nothing ever really came of it.

More chance of signing Owain Bileyerheed.

easty
22-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Not the same player, Enoch has never played for Hibs, we had Thomas for a brief spell. Enoch is too similar in style to Sodje, cant see Calderwood moving for him.

But they did both play for Falkirk, didnt they?

Wotherspiniesta
22-03-2011, 04:37 PM

You're not here much are you? :greengrin

R'Albin
22-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Whoooooosh !

--------
22-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Rumour on the Bounce about CC being interested in Richard Offiong that used to play for Hamilton Accies.

HibbyAndy
22-03-2011, 04:45 PM
But they did both play for Falkirk, didnt they?

You're not here much are you? :greengrin

Whoooooosh !

Reel um in boys :hilarious

:greengrin

SRHibs
22-03-2011, 04:49 PM

C'mon then, let us in on the secret.

It's hardly going to be detrimental to our transfer goings on if you let us know.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-03-2011, 04:58 PM

It's hardly going to be detrimental to our transfer goings on if you let us know.

:top marks

Don Giovanni
22-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Rumour on the Bounce about CC being interested in Richard Offiong that used to play for Hamilton Accies.

Aye???

Thought he was decent at Accies but he's currently struggling to get a start at my other team - the mighty mighty Gateshead FC (currently mid-table in the Blue Square Conference Premier).

Bostonhibby
22-03-2011, 06:19 PM

:agree: But I would personally be happy to see us bust the bank to bring Enoch back to his spirtual home, I am sure he said he has always supported Hibs.

green.and.white
22-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I wish I had never started that bloody Showumni thread!! :greengrin

1two
22-03-2011, 06:43 PM

In the region of 2M for recruiting players, as someone has pointed out I'm not sure where this money is coming from (if true).

Westie1875
22-03-2011, 07:18 PM
In the region of 2M for recruiting players, as someone has pointed out I'm not sure where this money is coming from (if true).

Maybe that includes wages too, seems a lot if not? :confused:

HibbyAndy
22-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Maybe that includes wages too, seems a lot if not? :confused:

Rival clubs will love knowing Hibs have cash to spend, Bump up price for players.

And we do have cash to spend this summer.

Ryan69
22-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Watched Bogdanovic playing at the weekend...he looked pretty clumsy.
But Showumni return.......Id go for that! :na na:

Westie1875
22-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Rival clubs will love knowing Hibs have cash to spend, Bump up price for players.

Who is paying though, no way can we afford that much without an investor or going into debt?

CapitalHibs
22-03-2011, 07:29 PM

CC has brought in some good players now and based on last night we have some more promising youngsters including Spoony and Booth and others coming through like Stephens, Taggart and Smith. Would like to see maybe one big marquee signing and Pallson,Miller, Vaz Te, Towell and Deeks getting new contracts.

Part/Time Supporter
22-03-2011, 07:30 PM

1. that will include wages

2. Hibs will need to sign 15 players (at least), including any of the remaining out of contract players who sign new deals. £2M / 15 is about £1.5K per week for each player after you strip out employer's NI and signing on fees / agent fees (never mind transfer fees).

CRAZYHIBBY
22-03-2011, 07:37 PM
I heard Petrie and farmer had a bust up and farmers told petrie to splash the cash and stop treating the club like he owns it......could be pure keek but would be interesting if anyone else had heard anything similar...............source my ma's partner....whos been a die hard hibby all his days .....but doesnt shut up for one bloody minute

Speedway
22-03-2011, 07:48 PM

2. Hibs will need to sign 15 players (at least), including any of the remaining out of contract players who sign new deals. £2M / 15 is about £1.5K per week for each player after you strip out employer's NI and signing on fees / agent fees (never mind transfer fees).

Hibs have something in the order of 33 first team players in the pool.

If they let all 14 remaining ooc players go they will only need to sign 5-6 players not 15!

Haymaker
22-03-2011, 07:57 PM
If you think of it as CC has been intrusted with the clubs money and has delievered some decent signings and improved performances since bringing those players in. Hughes, Mixu and JC were all allocated some funds and didnt really succeed (if at all) in improving the team and performances, because of this I would imagine the board not being flexible with wage and transfer budgets while Calderwood has shown some potential in signings and therefore maybe able to convince the board for a little extra.

moredun
22-03-2011, 08:16 PM

SO what happens to the wages of all the players getting released, do they just dissappear, this must be on top of our existing budget.

Lets say Deeks is on 4k a week, signs a new deal on 4k a week, then not a penny extra there and 1 player re-signed.

Miller resigns on whatewver wage and again not a penny spent, 2 players re-signed and not a penny spent, the rest can gtf.
So you reckon we need to bring in another 13 players

I am not exactly sure who else is out of contract, but to say we will need to sign/ resign 15 players is a bit outrageous don't you think.

We just brought in 6 players, so that would be 21 players in in 6 months, no need, absolutely no chance of that.

ScottB
22-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Let us consider the big picture. We will need to replace a significant portion of our first team squad, not just bolstering what's there, bringing in first team starters. So that needs a bit more cash.

Secondly, three teams will likely go down next year, perhaps the Board reckon a bit extra cash this summer to ensure safety is a far better bet than risking another season in the bottom 6 and potentially facing the nightmare of relegation.

Part/Time Supporter
22-03-2011, 08:52 PM
SO what happens to the wages of all the players getting released, do they just dissappear, this must be on top of our existing budget.

Lets say Deeks is on 4k a week, signs a new deal on 4k a week, then not a penny extra there and 1 player re-signed.

Miller resigns on whatewver wage and again not a penny spent, 2 players re-signed and not a penny spent, the rest can gtf.
So you reckon we need to bring in another 13 players

I am not exactly sure who else is out of contract, but to say we will need to sign/ resign 15 players is a bit outrageous don't you think.

We just brought in 6 players, so that would be 21 players in in 6 months, no need, absolutely no chance of that.

I'm saying the £2M includes the players that are out of contract who might re-sign (Riordan, Miller, Vaz Te)

We definitely need one goalkeeper, maybe two depending if Divis and/or Brown are moved on.

Need at least one right-back to replace Towell (or sign him again if Celtc will agree), maybe two if Hart is moved on (clearly out of favour)

Need at least one centre half, maybe two (depending on Dickoh)

Left back is covered with Booth / Murray (maybe Stevenson on a one year)

Midfield is a bit better covered, need to either re-sign Miller or replace him

The only striker under contract for next season is Sodje! That means at least three players.

So you're talking about signing a minimum 10 players (including possible renewals). Once you count deals for youths (Welch? Moyes? anyone from this year's U19 team?) you're getting towards 15 players.

MUPPET
22-03-2011, 09:07 PM
;2763319']At the same time though Ivan ripped up a better quality SPL and IMO would again. Can't see it though!

Do me a favour - it seems some people have a short memory on here about Ivan. A few good games in between at best average and mostly terrible performances, very fast heedless chicken not to mention a bit hotheaded.

He's older now and no doubt slower.......leaving just a heedless chicken!

Hibernia Na Eir
22-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Has Hibs Mad EVER got a prediction correct??

KiddA
22-03-2011, 09:28 PM

More clubs than Tiger Woods and probably birds too :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-03-2011, 10:07 PM
I remember going on a biking holiday to La Rochelle in France years ago. One of my buddies brought his mate Enoch along, cannae mind his surname. He had a FZR750 Yamaha import with km/h clocks and could make it hustle right enough. I Hadn't even heard of import bikes at that time. Anyway, don't even think he was intae fitba. And wis fae the Weedge.

BEEJ
22-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Hibs have something in the order of 33 first team players in the pool.

If they let all 14 remaining ooc players go they will only need to sign 5-6 players not 15!
The current first team squad numbers 36 players - massive by the standards of recent seasons. Only 17 of these players have contracts that go beyond June 2011 (and that list includes Edwin de Graaf).

Assuming a more reasonably sized first team squad next season comprising 28 players maximum (including youngsters) then CC needs to source at most 11 players (12 if de Graaf chooses not to return).

A few of this number will be existing players signing contract extensions; the remainder will be new faces.

If correct, the other side of that scenario is that we should expect to see an exodus of between 12 and 16 of the current squad at the end of the season.

IanM
23-03-2011, 08:29 AM
:agree: But I would personally be happy to see us bust the bank to bring Enoch back to his spirtual home, I am sure he said he has always supported Hibs.

Personally I'd prefer if we brought in enoch powell :devil:

_hucks_
23-03-2011, 10:01 AM
On a serious note about Enoch Showumni, he's languishing on the Tranmere Rovers bench, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. Not a good player at all.

jdships
23-03-2011, 12:19 PM
A lot of interesting points in this thread :thumbsup:
There is one thing we should not forget - the financial problems a possible TEN TEAM LEAGUE will bring. For me there are only two clubs who will benefit
I was speakong with a friend of mine who is Chairman of a First Division club and he made these points

"I , personally", am concerned that Premier League clubs will spend money they don't have /can't afford to ensure they stay in the "Top Ten" .
If they spend above their means and are relegated what will be the financial consequences ?
Many I fear will within a few years be facing administration "

Must stress these was his own take and nothing to do with his club .

As for Hibs .
Do we go out and spend £2/3m on a few top class players or do we continue as we are doing now ?
$ 64000 question !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused:

IWasThere2016
23-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Has Hibs Mad EVER got a prediction correct??

Only wans borrowed from here I think :greengrin

The current first team squad numbers 36 players - massive by the standards of recent seasons. Only 17 of these players have contracts that go beyond June 2011 (and that list includes Edwin de Graaf).

Assuming a more reasonably sized first team squad next season comprising 28 players maximum (including youngsters) then CC needs to source at most 11 players (12 if de Graaf chooses not to return).

A few of this number will be existing players signing contract extensions; the remainder will be new faces.

If correct, the other side of that scenario is that we should expect to see an exodus of between 12 and 16 of the current squad at the end of the season.

:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
23-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Ah the $64000 question - how come that's unaffected by inflation ;)
I do wonder if the posturing by the likes of Dundee utd and co flip flopping on league reconstruction is more to do with holding out for a decent parachute payment guarantee...

ancient hibee
23-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I heard Petrie and farmer had a bust up and farmers told petrie to splash the cash and stop treating the club like he owns it......could be pure keek but would be interesting if anyone else had heard anything similar...............source my ma's partner....whos been a die hard hibby all his days .....but doesnt shut up for one bloody minute

Has he got any other fairy stories-I'm having a job getting off to sleep:greengrin