PDA

View Full Version : Hibbies in Sydney

Sproule Three
22-03-2011, 11:04 AM
A few of us meeting up for an a few after work cleansers on Friday 25th March.
Edinburgh Castle Pitt St CBD at about 5.30.
http://www.edinburghcastlehotel.com.au/EdinburghCastleHotel/520/n/3/0/0/

The feel good factor is back at ER . Share it with your fellow Hibees as we talk about Hibs ,Hibs and more Hibs occassionally broken up by talking about the upcoming Albert Kidd 25th anniversary and abusing Neil Lennon.
GGTTH
Gary

HKHIBS
23-03-2011, 04:31 AM
In Melbourne....so slightly short notice....in-laws are visiting so very very tempting!!!

What's planned for Sir Albert's Anniversary?? I'd fly anywhere for those celebrations!!

While i'm here, how many Hibs fans are there in Australia and where is everyone based?

WellingtonHibby
23-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Sydneys maybe a wee bit far for a booze up, but I could hop up for some albert kidding if something was organised.

Im in Melbourne too HKHibs, if you fancy meeting up for the derby (or a pint!) send me a PM. If we can find somewhere showing it, that is!

Forza Fred
24-03-2011, 07:22 AM
In Melbourne....so slightly short notice....in-laws are visiting so very very tempting!!!

What's planned for Sir Albert's Anniversary?? I'd fly anywhere for those celebrations!!

While i'm here, how many Hibs fans are there in Australia and where is everyone based?

Dunno how many are 'feeshal' members now, but I know at one stage it did run about 150 or so.

Big contingent in Perth, and Melbourne was fairly active until a few years ago too.

Hibbies dotted all over the place.

Combination of a few factors, Internet and Setanta among them as is growing older, means that we don't meet up as often as we did say 20 years ago.

We did have an night out with St Alby Kidd a few years back in Melbourne..he lives in Adelaide and e flew him and his wife up for it.
Great night.

Anyways, I'll be in the Edinburgh Castle as I'm sydney based.

We'll talk about cups we should have won.

HIBS1968
25-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Dunno how many are 'feeshal' members now, but I know at one stage it did run about 150 or so.

Big contingent in Perth, and Melbourne was fairly active until a few years ago too.

Hibbies dotted all over the place.

Combination of a few factors, Internet and Setanta among them as is growing older, means that we don't meet up as often as we did say 20 years ago.

We did have an night out with St Alby Kidd a few years back in Melbourne..he lives in Adelaide and e flew him and his wife up for it.
Great night.

Anyways, I'll be in the Edinburgh Castle as I'm sydney based.

We'll talk about cups we should have won.

Hi mate - I have a friend who is over there for a year and she popped over to the Ed Castle for a beer after work on Friday ( her office is over the road). Do you guys meet there every week - are any Hibbies going over for the derby? Cheers

Forza Fred
26-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi mate - I have a friend who is over there for a year and she popped over to the Ed Castle for a beer after work on Friday ( her office is over the road). Do you guys meet there every week - are any Hibbies going over for the derby? Cheers

Unfortunately the Liver would pretty soon cease to function if we met every week!

Last night's meet went ahead, and I think I had a good time....:flag:

Most of us have Setanta, so we watch the game at home at the ungodly hour it reaches us here.

bigstu
26-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Sydneys maybe a wee bit far for a booze up, but I could hop up for some albert kidding if something was organised.

Im in Melbourne too HKHibs, if you fancy meeting up for the derby (or a pint!) send me a PM. If we can find somewhere showing it, that is!

im in Oz for the next few months, stayed in sydney for 2 weeks & now hired a campervan for a couple of weeks at the mo & been to canberra & now on route to melbourne for a few nights & to try & see the F1 grand prix. not sure where about i'll be next weekend but i definately want to try & see the derby so keep me updated about your plans.

auntie lives in coogee (syndey) so i'll be back there at some point in the next few weeks so let me know if theres anymore syndey piss ups.

cheers guys

Sick Boy
26-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm in Adelaide at the moment. Not met any other Hibbys yet so looks like it will be an internet job for me.

WellingtonHibby
27-03-2011, 12:41 AM
im in Oz for the next few months, stayed in sydney for 2 weeks & now hired a campervan for a couple of weeks at the mo & been to canberra & now on route to melbourne for a few nights & to try & see the F1 grand prix. not sure where about i'll be next weekend but i definately want to try & see the derby so keep me updated about your plans.

auntie lives in coogee (syndey) so i'll be back there at some point in the next few weeks so let me know if theres anymore syndey piss ups.

cheers guys

I think il be watching it in Bridie o Reilly's in Chapel St, Provided they will still show it. Il have to get the morning off work too:wink:. il Pm you my number!