PDA

View Full Version : Bohemians are terrible

Hakim Sar
21-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Wow! thought they would be better than that. Maybe I'm being a tad respectful by saying that. Not one single player that could make the grade in SPL

Their wee midget goalie getting chipped by Miller was hilarious!!!

Thoughts on tonights game?

Westie1875
21-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow! thought they would be better than that. Maybe I'm being a tad respectful by saying that. Not one single player that could make the grade in SPL

Their wee midget goalie getting chipped by Miller was hilarious!!!

Thoughts on tonights game?

First half was decent, Miller & Riordan looked lively, thought Thornhill & Scott were good too and Towell did well in midfield. Second half wasn't up to much, Hibs made so many changes and it was a bit of a non event. I thought Bohemians would be a better team than they looked tonight.

Hakim Sar
21-03-2011, 09:26 PM
They struggled to get out their own half for such long parts of the game. Was with a chap who doesn't watch a lot of hibs tonight who picked out Victor Pallsson as the one he liked best. The big fella had the cigars out the whole game.

steakbake
21-03-2011, 09:32 PM
They struggled to get out their own half for such long parts of the game. Was with a chap who doesn't watch a lot of hibs tonight who picked out Victor Pallsson as the one he liked best. The big fella had the cigars out the whole game.

Pallson wasn't playing tonight? :dunno:

Are you sure you're not getting confused with the Villa game?

hibee92
21-03-2011, 09:34 PM

:agree: didn't have much to do tonight

Gatecrasher
21-03-2011, 09:35 PM
I wonder if they played their 1st team tonight?

But with hibs hardly leaving 1st gear and a second string side they were very poor.

I understand them not wanting to go fully committed into the game but they looked poor even with the ball

Bohemian_Hibee
21-03-2011, 09:36 PM
To save my poor fingers, I'll copy what I posted on another thread.

Just a couple of pointers...

This is an almost completely new Bohs side, only 4 players from last season remained, two of which are long term injuries and we couldn't get them off the books. For the last 10 years, we have been a full-time professional outfit (the fact that we couldn't afford it is neither here n'or there), this year we are a part-time outfit. For a while it looked like Bohs and our 121 year history would go out of business during the close-season (there was a high-court winding-up order against us), so most Bohs fans who took part in the many fundraising efforts over the last few months are just happy that the club is still alive and that they have a team to support.

With our financial problems, almost all of last seasons squad was let go or paid off, and the current squad of seasoned journeymen and young kids was put together with less than 2 weeks before our season started. So, despite our surprisingly encouraging start to the league, we are still a good bit behind all the other teams in terms of fitness and getting to know each other. Obviously, the quality that was there over the last few years has sadly gone with former Gypsies now plying their trade at Wolves, Ipswich, Doncaster, Carlisle and Coventry amongst others. We know our team will struggle on many occasions this season. That is why tonights game was gratefully accepted by Bohs. It was a chance to improve fitness playing against better class opposition in a fine stadium. From that point of view, job done. From a getting-to-know-you/bonding session for the team, job done. The big disappointment is to hear news of a couple of injuries as our small is so small.

None of the above is excuses, it's fact, but if you think Hibs narrowly beating a part-time outfit that were assembled less than a month ago and that flew in less than 5 hours before kick-off makes Hibs world beaters......

givescotlandfreedom
21-03-2011, 09:48 PM

This is an almost completely new Bohs side, only 4 players from last season remained, two of which are long term injuries and we couldn't get them off the books. For the last 10 years, we have been a full-time professional outfit (the fact that we couldn't afford it is neither here n'or there), this year we are a part-time outfit. For a while it looked like Bohs and our 121 year history would go out of business during the close-season (there was a high-court winding-up order against us), so most Bohs fans who took part in the many fundraising efforts over the last few months are just happy that the club is still alive and that they have a team to support.

With our financial problems, almost all of last seasons squad was let go or paid off, and the current squad of seasoned journeymen and young kids was put together with less than 2 weeks before our season started. So, despite our surprisingly encouraging start to the league, we are still a good bit behind all the other teams in terms of fitness and getting to know each other. Obviously, the quality that was there over the last few years has sadly gone with former Gypsies now plying their trade at Wolves, Ipswich, Doncaster, Carlisle and Coventry amongst others. We know our team will struggle on many occasions this season. That is why tonights game was gratefully accepted by Bohs. It was a chance to improve fitness playing against better class opposition in a fine stadium. From that point of view, job done. From a getting-to-know-you/bonding session for the team, job done. The big disappointment is to hear news of a couple of injuries as our small is so small.

None of the above is excuses, it's fact, but if you think Hibs narrowly beating a part-time outfit that were assembled less than a month ago and that flew in less than 5 hours before kick-off makes Hibs world beaters......

Fair enough but I wouldn't say it was a narrow win, we were streets ahead of Bohs. I was a bit disappointed in them they looked a very poor lower league team.

Capt Mainwaring
21-03-2011, 09:51 PM

I don't think anyone is thinking that. Like me however most will have been surprised at how limited Bohs were. You've put a good bit of background and context here so fair play - it does explain a lot.

I thought that Bohs did at least looked reasonably well drilled and organised from a defensive perspective. Plenty of men behind the ball when not in possession and most players worked hard to close Hibs down. Lacked any cutting edge and width however - something for the manager to work on ( interested in Nish perhaps? joking!).

Good liuck for the rest of the season

SaulGoodman
21-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I don't think people are calling us World Beaters, It's just nice to see a bit of security about the team.

Just remember a few months ago we couldn't beat Ayr.

Bohemian_Hibee
21-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks CM.

We (Bohs fans) do realise how much of a limited side we unfortunately now have, I'm just trying to highlight some of the reasons as to how and why we've come to this. That said, the league over here has gone backwards, very quickly, over the last couple of years, so despite all our initial fears of relegation, I'm confident we will hold our own in the league.

Bohemian_Hibee
21-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Meh, as a Hibs fan, I agree with you. Despite all of Bohs faults, I don't believe the January Hibs team would have beaten them. Confidence is massive in any team

Capt Mainwaring
21-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks CM.

We (Bohs fans) do realise how much of a limited side we unfortunately now have, I'm just trying to highlight some of the reasons as to how and why we've come to this. That said, the league over here has gone backwards, very quickly, over the last couple of years, so despite all our initial fears of relegation, I'm confident we will hold our own in the league.

Good luck. I'll certainly keep an eye on Bohs progress this season.

HibeeSince85
21-03-2011, 10:21 PM
If that was a competitive game Hibs would have put 5 past them, so one sided! 1st gear all game but disappointed we didn't just go for it, get goals for the strikers(Vaz Te deserved a goal).

They're rank!!!

Bohemian_Hibee
21-03-2011, 10:30 PM
If my auntie had balls, she'd be my uncle..

And what d'ya reckon Irish people thought of Hibs a couple of years ago when a part-time Shamrock Rovers side beat them in a friendly? Rank? Some of us knew better though..

It's a friendly, all about improving fitness, sharpness, awareness etc the result won't be over important to either manager

Kevvy1875
21-03-2011, 10:36 PM
If that was a competitive game Hibs would have put 5 past them, so one sided! 1st gear all game but disappointed we didn't just go for it, get goals for the strikers(Vaz Te deserved a goal).

They're rank!!!

Wee bit unfair?

I didn't go tonight but appreciate that Bohs came across the sea to give us a workout if nothing else. Could be invaluable come the derby game.....keeps the fitness levels ticking over. Thanks for that Bohs.:agree:

Also...well done to all the hardy souls that went tonight. A few scheckles more in the Hibs coffers. Every little counts! Also Bohs would have had a cut and by the sounds of it they could really do with any sort of cash right now. So everyone is a winner!

HibeeSince85
21-03-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm not being unfair, it's true, I don't have anything against them, glad of the game but Hibs were streets ahead and rightly so.

Hibernian Dub, I appreciate you suport them so I understand the last post.

The Harp
21-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks CM.

Hope the Bohs do well this season. Can never read too much into a friendly, just thankful we were able to get some much needed match practice in before the Gorgie mob come calling.
Was quite impressed by the (mature looking guy) playing in the no2 shirt for Bohs.
Safe journey home guys. :flag:

Hakim Sar
22-03-2011, 05:42 AM
I'm assuming then that Pallsson was actually Stephens then? missed to team lineups being read out and just assumed the big tall guy was Pallsson.

on that note... tommy mcintyre had a poor game last night. would imagine dave beaumont will start the derby.

Beefster
22-03-2011, 06:08 AM
There are a few folk on this thread showing the same sort of attitude towards Bohs and the Irish League that we get upset with when it comes from fans of English Championship and League One clubs. A friendly result, in the grand scheme of things, means nothing.

PeeJay
22-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Bohemians may not have been very good, but I wasn't too impressed by Hibs performance as a whole - we certainly had a lot of the ball, but we created very few clear-cut chances: their goalkeeper was hardly overworked...in view of the fact that we controlled most of the game, one has to ask why we managed to make so little of our superiority?

I know it was only a friendly, but I found our inability to convert our possession into chances/goals slightly worrying ...

Arch Stanton
22-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Bohemians may not have been very good, but I wasn't too impressed by Hibs performance as a whole - we certainly had a lot of the ball, but we created very few clear-cut chances: their goalkeeper was hardly overworked...in view of the fact that we controlled most of the game, one has to ask why we managed to make so little of our superiority?

I know it was only a friendly, but I found our inability to convert our possession into chances/goals slightly worrying ...

I cannot agree with that I'm afraid, as far as the first half went anyway (and the second half was hardly an indicator of what the Hibs first team is capable of).

They were a very well organised side playing a high line and worked very hard to close down the spaces - getting two goals from open play in the first half was no more than we deserved given the chances we created.

It wasn't that Bohemians were a poor team, rather than Hibs creative play making them look like also rans for much of the match.

dangermouse
22-03-2011, 09:47 AM
First half was decent, Miller & Riordan looked lively, thought Thornhill & Scott were good too and Towell did well in midfield. Second half wasn't up to much, Hibs made so many changes and it was a bit of a non event. I thought Bohemians would be a better team than they looked tonight.

Too true but at least Taggart looked like he may be able to put a stint in at right back should Towell leave at the end of the season. Of those that came on at half time, the one that disappointed me most was Duffy. I expected more of him.

Baldy Foghorn
22-03-2011, 11:06 AM
A strange match. Bohemiams never threatened us at all, and we zipped the ball about sharply at times, the multiple substitutions made it all go a bit flat. Two well moved and taken Hibs goals, but thought we could have had a few more. Not sure how much we can tell about Divis from that outing?:confused:

First time in the new East for me, and I was impressed with not only the view, but the increase in leg room.

Dashing Bob S
22-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I find it strange to have a thread crowing about how bad Bohemians were, as they almost went bust last year and really have started again from scratch. I'm not going to repeat the points made earlier about the Boh's difficulties, but they face a long slog to get anywhere near their old preeminence in Irish football.

As Hibs fans we should be worrying how we were only able to achieve a narrow 2-1 home win against such a side. Hardly inspiring for the forthcoming derby, I would have thought.

Gatecrasher
22-03-2011, 11:44 AM
I wasnt aware of their situation, and to be fair to them, if thats the case then i wouldnt have expected the competition i was looking for. at the game i was wondering why they looked so pedestrian.

Fair play to them for coming over and giving us a game though, good luck in the future :aok:

Gus
22-03-2011, 12:11 PM
There are a few folk on this thread showing the same sort of attitude towards Bohs and the Irish League that we get upset with when it comes from fans of English Championship and League One clubs. A friendly result, in the grand scheme of things, means nothing.

:agree:

SloopJB
22-03-2011, 07:57 PM
I find it strange to have a thread crowing about how bad Bohemians were, as they almost went bust last year and really have started again from scratch. I'm not going to repeat the points made earlier about the Boh's difficulties, but they face a long slog to get anywhere near their old preeminence in Irish football.

As Hibs fans we should be worrying how we were only able to achieve a narrow 2-1 home win against such a side. Hardly inspiring for the forthcoming derby, I would have thought.
If I was going to worry about anything regarding the forthcoming derby it wouldn't have anything to do with the friendly, unless we field the same team and make something like eight changes during the game while not playing those on intenational duty.

superbam
22-03-2011, 08:59 PM
To be honest I was slightly concerned when I saw the scoreline last night, considering the state Bohs have found themselves in of late I would have expected Hibs to put a good few past them. I couldnt even tell if they were resting players or not as I dont recognize so many names from last season.

I dont think you can read to much into games like this. It tells us as much about the state of the LOI or hibs capabilities as us getting beat by a makeshift Shamrock Rovers side two summers ago.

libernian
22-03-2011, 09:02 PM

yeah totally. they put out aberdeen end of the 90s maybe? so bit unfair callin them ***** etc.

just wondering wud be good if a bohs fan cud answer, why did bohs not want fenlon to leave if such bad financial position?