21-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Graham Stack - MoM:wink:

Scooter
21-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Graham Stack - MoM:wink:

:top marks:agree::not worth

Speedway
21-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Should we not wait until the fan gets back?

Hiber-nation
21-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Ratings? from todays game

Go on then.

MUPPET
21-03-2011, 09:05 PM
DIVIS - Nothing to do 6
HART - Couple of decent runs sub at half time 6
DICKOH - Solid (sub at half time) 6
STEPHENS - MOM Strolled through whole game excellent 9
STEVENSON - Good going forward/defence switched to midfield 7
MILLER - Some good through balls - class finish sub at half time 7
SCOTT - Run all night till subbed good goal 7
THORNHILL - Solid enough but still just about average player 6
TOWELL - Played midfield did ok sub at half time 6
RIORDAN - Looked lively sub at half time 6
VAZ TE - Some brilliant touches totally knackered at end when subbed 7

MURRAY - Looks a bit jaded 5
DUFFY - Busy enough no end result 5
NISH - Just feel sorry for him now 4
GALBRAITH - on for Vaz Te 4
TAGGART - Couple of decent runs 6
BYRNE - Not getting any breaks 4
SMITH - did ok couple of decent runs 6

Might have missed someone

Cabbage East
21-03-2011, 09:08 PM
That was a training session. We knocked the ball about. They ran around chasing it. Would have been more of a test playing the 19's.

KWJ
21-03-2011, 09:25 PM
DIVIS - One poor kick but decent short passing. 6.
HART - Got up and down but far from best. sub at half time 5
DICKOH - Solid (sub at half time). Makes some noise out there. 6
STEPHENS - Played with an older head on his shoulders. 8.
STEVENSON - Very good at left back, more involved but couple more mistakes in 2nd half playing DCM. Kept trying to push us forward. 8.
MILLER - Lost the ball a few times. - class finish sub at half time 6
SCOTT - Run all night till subbed good goal, drove us and when he left we stopped. 9 MOM
THORNHILL - I liked him, loved his commitment at the loose ball in the box. 7.
RIORDAN - Tough to call, didn't do much really but got on the ball a fair bit. Should have scored but took a touch too many. 6

TAGGART - Couple of decent runs and decent touches 6

Quoted and added my own.

The Harp Awakes
21-03-2011, 10:08 PM
DIVIS - Nothing to do 6
HART - Couple of decent runs sub at half time 6
DICKOH - Solid (sub at half time) 6
STEPHENS - MOM Strolled through whole game excellent 9
STEVENSON - Good going forward/defence switched to midfield 7
MILLER - Some good through balls - class finish sub at half time 7
SCOTT - Run all night till subbed good goal 7
THORNHILL - Solid enough but still just about average player 6
RIORDAN - Looked lively sub at half time 6

TAGGART - Couple of decent runs 6

Might have missed someone

Pretty much agree with most of that. Thought Thornhill had a decent 2nd half.

Deek, Miller and Vaz Te looked a class above everyone else in the 1st half and Scott, Stephens and Dickoh (while he was on the park) strolled through the game without doing anything brilliant.

CallumLaidlaw
21-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Good to hear good reports about Stephens. Really liked the look of him at the start of the season. Wouldn't mind seeing how a Booth - hanlon - Stephens - Towell back line looked if we finish in the bottom 6.

Mibbes Aye
21-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Thought Scott Smith looked quite confident, with a decent touch. Have only seen him in the centre of defence previously but he looked comfortable enough on the left.

truehibernian
21-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Very poor opposition, but really good first 45 from Hibs. The game was really a good work out for Scott, Miller, Vaz Te and Thornhill IMHO.

First half there was some really good, crisp passing, not much in the way of chances, but the ones that came Hibs tucked away. Good interplay and Scott ran the show for me first half. Vaz Te certainly looks a player and CC is right about his link up play and general one touch stuff. Creates space well for himself.........reminded me of an on form Benji to be honest.

Thornhill gets big pass marks for his second half showing. Dictated things, held the somewhat ragged midfield together and all in all it was never in doubt that Hibs would win.

Stephens looks so calm on the ball it's untrue.......not often I give Hughes credit, but he looks a player for the future, however he was not tested at all by their front line over the piece. Good to see the young full backs come on and really not look out of place.

Downside (or plus side depending on the way you look at things :greengrin)..........Nish, Hart and Duffy did themselves no favours at all. All three shipped out as soon as summer comes please CC.........they offer little and certainly don't offer what we need to get to the next level in the SPL. Three very good wages that could be better used on younger, hungrier, fitter players IMHO

Barney McGrew
22-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Lots of positives last night particularly from the first 45.

Stephens strolled through the game, I don't think he lost a challenge in the air or on the ground all night. He looks like he's lost a bit of weight too. I've been a bit worried with him not being involved in the first team squad that he's not making the grade, but he looked very good. It's easy to forget just how young he still is.

Stevenson is another one who appears to be rising to the challenge. He never gives anything less than 100% effort, and I thought he looked very assured especially in the second half. I hope he's doing enough to get a new contract from us.

Thornhill is starting to look the part too, I think he'll be a big player for us next term once he gets match fit and gets to know the game up here. Good to see Smith and Taggart get a run out too, neither looked out of place and got on the ball and pushed forward. Although he didn't have anything to do, Divis looks very comfy with the ball at his feet as well.

Downsides for me were Duffy and Byrne. You could argue Duffy has been a bit unlucky with the timing of his injury and Yogi's departure but I don't see what he offers us and I'd guess there will be better value for his wage in the summer. Byrne did hee haw and it's beginning to be clear why he's not had a chance under consecutive managers. I'm sure he has a level that he'll do well at, but I just don't see it being in the SPL - he just hasn't developed any further likethe other guys from the all conquering U-19 team.

All in all it was a worthwhile run out.

Andy74
22-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Byrne doesn't have it, ship him out. Played deeper than he would have liked, but I've not seen a single spark from this guy, and wasn't too impressed by him at 19 level either.

Nish and Duffy, thanks and goodbye to them too.

dangermouse
22-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Thornhill gets big pass marks for his second half showing. Dictated things, held the somewhat ragged midfield together and all in all it was never in doubt that Hibs would win.

Thornhill is starting to look the part too, I think he'll be a big player for us next term once he gets match fit and gets to know the game up here.

When I saw him play for us the first time I thought we have a player here. Once match fit I reckon he will be massive for us and I doubt we'll be able to hold onto him for long. Lets enjoy him while we can.

Andy74
22-03-2011, 09:57 AM
When I saw him play for us the first time I thought we have a player here. Once match fit I reckon he will be massive for us and I doubt we'll be able to hold onto him for long. Lets enjoy him while we can.

Can't say I'm sharing that view yet, thought he has looked no more than average so far.

dangermouse
22-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Can't say I'm sharing that view yet, thought he has looked no more than average so far.

Too be fair to the lad he is not fully fit (although considerably fitter than me) and with a good pre season behind him I'm confident he will shine. Then again, I thought Alan O'Brien had potential!