20-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Players that will show good in 2011\12 season
Epl:David Luiz
Hernandez
Ramires
Bale
Wilshire
Steven Fletcher

Most of them are no-brainers but, as much as I like Fletcher as a player, he'll never be 'world class' in the same sense as guys like Luiz and Bale.

Cocaine&Caviar
20-03-2011, 09:38 PM
McCeachran of Chelsea has looked quality.

Pretty Boy
20-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Aaron Ramsey.

If he comes back well from his injury and continues to develop he has the potential to go to the very top.

Chris Smalling at Man Utd has all the attributes to be a top defender although world class may be stretching it.

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2011, 09:48 PM
From the prem-Wilshere,Luiz,Bale,Ramsey,Szczesny and Hernandez
Also others like Merkel(milan)Ganso(santos)Pastore(palermo)and Thiago(barca)have all looked class when i have watched them play.

CallumLaidlaw
20-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Aaron Ramsey.

If he comes back well from his injury and continues to develop he has the potential to go to the very top.

Chris Smalling at Man Utd has all the attributes to be a top defender although world class may be stretching it.

Seen a bit of smalling in the last few weeks and he looks very good. Very cool and collected.

Luiz looks great and Hernandez shows that fergie still has an eye for a player.

Not necessarily world class, but McCarthy at Wigan has looked better and better recently. Sturridge had been doing well at Bolton too.
Bale is already a class act

And as above, our own booth could hold his own in the epl in a few years time. Hopefully about 4 years time tho

leither17
21-03-2011, 02:09 AM
I think luis suarez has looked a quality player and has made the step up too british style of football from the dutch league that other good players such as kezman and de graff:wink: couldn't do

Dunbar Hibee
21-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Demba Ba.

Future17
21-03-2011, 10:07 AM
From the prem-Wilshere,Luiz,Bale,Ramsey,Szczesny and Hernandez
Also others like Merkel(milan)Ganso(santos)Pastore(palermo)and Thiago(barca)have all looked class when i have watched them play.

Merkel has bags of potential but needs regular games to develop. He should have played more often for Milan this season but Allegri is sticking with the old guard. I hope next season sees a change in attitude in that respect.

Also from Serie A:

Sanchez (Udinese)
Cavani (Napoli)

and from the Spanish league:

Aguero (Atl. Madrid)

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Hernandez
Ramires
Bale
Wilshire
Steven Fletcher

:hmmm:

On what basis have you formed that opinion?

Danderhall Hibs
21-03-2011, 12:27 PM
John Fleck? I'm sure I read it in the papers that he was "the Scottish Wayne Rooney".

HibbyAndy
21-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Jack Wilshire.

A quite simply outstanding Midfielder with the heart of a lion and has energy in abundance, Strong in the tackle and never looked out of place in midfield against Xavi and Iniesta a few weeks back.

World class at 18 years of age.

easty
21-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Jack Wilshire.

A quite simply outstanding Midfielder with the heart of a lion and has energy in abundance, Strong in the tackle and never looked out of place in midfield against Xavi and Iniesta a few weeks back.

World class at 18 years of age.

Naw....he isnae.

If anything the game against Barca showed he wasn't as good as the best in the world, surely.

HibbyAndy
21-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Naw....he isnae.

If anything the game against Barca showed he wasn't as good as the best in the world, surely.

1st leg at the Emirates he was mixing it with the big boys and never looked out of place.

Might be a tad early to call him world class right now but he will be in the near future for sure.

easty
21-03-2011, 12:52 PM
1st leg at the Emirates he was mixing it with the big boys and never looked out of place.

Might be a tad early to call him world class right now but he will be in the near future for sure.

Hopefully if he does progress as a player then he learns to be less of a little spoilt brat/little ****/jumped up wee fanny.

Already, at 19, he's oozing with that 'oh we're so superior cos we play football the right way and you're all jealous and we're brilliant and you can't tackle us hard cos that's no fair' attitude.

HibbyAndy
21-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Hopefully if he does progress as a player then he learns to be less of a little spoilt brat/little ****/jumped up wee fanny.

Already, at 19, he's oozing with that 'oh we're so superior cos we play football the right way and you're all jealous and we're brilliant and you can't tackle us hard cos that's no fair' attitude.

No sure i agree with this post.

Like i say,The boy has the world at his feet.

easty
21-03-2011, 01:50 PM
No sure i agree with this post.

Like i say,The boy has the world at his feet.

Opinions eh...

Rodwell is a better player in my opinion, if Wilshere was at Everton and Rodwell was at Arsenal there wouldnt be nearly as big a deal being made out of Wilshere.

JimBHibees
21-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Opinions eh...

Rodwell is a better player in my opinion, if Wilshere was at Everton and Rodwell was at Arsenal there wouldnt be nearly as big a deal being made out of Wilshere.

Dont see that at all to be honest. Both are talents however Wilshere is at a different level and played very well in the first game v Barca however like Arsenal was outplayed in the second game however no shame in that given the opposition.

Wilshere could play international football now, couldnt say the same about Rodwell IMO.

BryanV
21-03-2011, 02:23 PM
If Rodwell was at Arsenal, he would have featured even less than he has at Everton.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2011, 02:55 PM
If Rodwell was at Arsenal, he would have featured even less than he has at Everton.Don't think so as he has more ability in his left foot than Diaby and Denilson. Wilshere is a better player at the moment but rodwell is going to be world class in a few years.

BryanV
21-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Don't think so as he has more ability in his left foot than Diaby and Denilson. Wilshere is a better player at the moment but rodwell is going to be world class in a few years.

Neither of the two Arsenal players you mention are regulars. Rodwell has been in and out of an underperforming Everton side despite the fact they have frequently been without first choice midfielders.

Johnny_Leith
21-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Adel Taarabt should be playing EPL next season and has the potiential to be a very good player.

Connor Wickham is another Championship player who promises to develop well but I think he'd be best off staying at Ipswich for the next 3-4 years.

Charlie Adam anybody? :wink:

Randerson_4
21-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Neither of the two Arsenal players you mention are regulars. Rodwell has been in and out of an underperforming Everton side despite the fact they have frequently been without first choice midfielders.

Wouldn't disagree with that, only to say that in fairness Rodwell has been injured a bit this season. He'd be pushing at Arsenal, but no more than Ramsey etc

Whilst I agree with the comments that Wilshere should cut he attitude, I'm a fully fledged member of the fanclub - the boy is class & his touch & awareness/passing for a 19yo is awesome

Mentions for Ramsey, Szecseny, Tomkins, McEachran, Sturridge, Smailling, Hernandez, Hamsik/Cavani (Napoli), De Gea (Ath Madrid), Dos Santos, Rafa & Thiago Alcantara (Barca B - peps comment about Wilshere were related to them)

easty
21-03-2011, 03:58 PM

Everton are 8th in the league. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, Bolton, Everton. And are there having had to deal with the loss of Pienaar in January and being without, due to injuries, some of their most important players for decent spells this season(Saha, Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini).

I'm not an Everton fan (I don't have an English team :greengrin) at all but they're not doing that badly....where would you exactly expect them to be in the table?

SRHibs
21-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Ozil and Muller both looked like they were going to be top class after the world cup. Not sure how they're doing now though.

frazeHFC
21-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Along with the obvious; Bale, Wilshere, Ramsey, Sturridge, McEachran etc, i think James McCarthy will turn into a world class player.

Tom Cairney of Hull is amazing, i really hope he chooses Scotland over England.

FromTheCapital
21-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Palsson

Stevie Reid
21-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I think that you could probably argue that if you score a hat-trick in the San Siro in a Champions League game, that you are world class already.

seanraff07
21-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Shane Ferguson at Newcastle :agree:

Hakim Sar
21-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Gotze and subotic from Dortmund

Done

Mon Dieu4
21-03-2011, 05:26 PM
World class maybe, but are any of them Hibs Class? :devil:

Ernie Cobra
21-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Hernandez
Ramires
Bale
Wilshire
Steven Fletcher

Sandro from Spurs....mark my words......(consider them marked)

'Mon the Hibs
21-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Andy Carroll

Broken Gnome
21-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Marko Marin. Half the Dortmund side. Thomas Mueller.

DH1875
21-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Merkel has bags of potential but needs regular games to develop. He should have played more often for Milan this season but Allegri is sticking with the old guard. I hope next season sees a change in attitude in that respect.

Also from Serie A:

Sanchez (Udinese)
Cavani (Napoli)

and from the Spanish league:

Aguero (Atl. Madrid)

Cavani and Augero, not really taking mutch of a punt there are you:wink:.

Stupid I know but I liked the fact that every time he touched the ball the Spanish commentators kept calling him Jack instead of Wilshere. Was the only Arsenal player they done it for and it kinda reminded me of Xavi.

HH81
21-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Anyone seen much of Jordon Henderson? He plays midfield for Sunderland.

I was chatting to him in service station on Sunday on my way home from Newcastle. He is meant to be decent but not seen him much.

Hibeesb0unc3
22-03-2011, 11:32 AM
i think neymar of santos and sergio canales of real madrid should both be superb players in the next year or two

JimBHibees
22-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Anyone seen much of Jordon Henderson? He plays midfield for Sunderland.

I was chatting to him in service station on Sunday on my way home from Newcastle. He is meant to be decent but not seen him much.

He is decent and will have a decent career in front of him. The tag World class seems to be thrown about a bit. What does it mean? I would assume it meant doing well in a World cup tournament if so you can rule out any current English player. World class should IMO mean the top 10 or so footballers guys like Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, etc guys who have done it regularly at the best level.

HibbyAndy
22-03-2011, 11:54 AM
He is decent and will have a decent career in front of him. The tag World class seems to be thrown about a bit. What does it mean? I would assume it meant doing well in a World cup tournament if so you can rule out any current English player. World class should IMO mean the top 10 or so footballers guys like Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, etc guys who have done it regularly at the best level.

TBF Jim, Messi done sod all at the last World cup, 99% certain he aint scored a goal at the biggest tournament in the world also BUT he is world class.

George best was world class but never represented his nation at the WC, Same could be said for Giggs, Rush, Hughes.

JimBHibees
22-03-2011, 12:02 PM
TBF Jim, Messi done sod all at the last World cup, 99% certain he aint scored a goal at the biggest tournament in the world also BUT he is world class.

George best was world class but never represented his nation at the WC, Same could be said for Giggs, Rush, Hughes.

A wee bit harsh to say he did sod all as can remember some brilliant runs and shots, dont think he was playing in the most organised, best managed teams either. :greengrin

Your probably right World cup isnt he be all and end all of it but world class is thrown about too easily for guys like Bale for example who has had a brilliant half a season, lets see where you are next season or the season after that when teams double up on you and deny you the space you need. A year or so before that he was a joke figure at Spurs as he had never been in a winning team with them. EPL players are ludicrously hyped, apparently you are not allowed to say Ashley's Cole name without adding the best left back in the World after it, didnt look like that when he was getting ripped over and over in the World cup.

World class needs to be over time and over a few years whether that is at top International or club level. So many guys do well for a bit are the next big thing then disappear without a trace.

HibbyAndy
22-03-2011, 12:12 PM
A wee bit harsh to say he did sod all as can remember some brilliant runs and shots, dont think he was playing in the most organised, best managed teams either. :greengrin

Your probably right World cup isnt he be all and end all of it but world class is thrown about too easily for guys like Bale for example who has had a brilliant half a season, lets see where you are next season or the season after that when teams double up on you and deny you the space you need. A year or so before that he was a joke figure at Spurs as he had never been in a winning team with them. EPL players are ludicrously hyped, apparently you are not allowed to say Ashley's Cole name without adding the best left back in the World after it, didnt look like that when he was getting ripped over and over in the World cup.

World class needs to be over time and over a few years whether that is at top International or club level. So many guys do well for a bit are the next big thing then disappear without a trace.

Agree with all that Jim :agree:

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2011, 12:47 PM

George best was world class but never represented his nation at the WC, Same could be said for Giggs, Rush, Hughes.He did vs Serbia and Montenegro in 2006.

Stevie Reid
22-03-2011, 12:56 PM
world class is thrown about too easily for guys like Bale for example who has had a brilliant half a season, lets see where you are next season or the season after that when teams double up on you and deny you the space you need. A year or so before that he was a joke figure at Spurs as he had never been in a winning team with them. EPL players are ludicrously hyped, apparently you are not allowed to say Ashley's Cole name without adding the best left back in the World after it, didnt look like that when he was getting ripped over and over in the World cup.

There's no arguing that we make some good points but in the context of this board, I have to laugh also. I remember arguing with people on here last summer that were saying that we'd be getting £4M for Sol Bamba, and although the early signs are indeed very promising and he does look like he will become an excellent player for us, Victor Palsson has played 7 games for us and folk are going way over the top.

So it's not just the EPL where players are ridiculously hyped, I can only imagine how OTT we'd be going if we did produce a youngster like Bale.

HibbyAndy
22-03-2011, 12:56 PM
He did vs Serbia and Montenegro in 2006.

You are right :agree:

JimBHibees
22-03-2011, 01:07 PM
There's no arguing that we make some good points but in the context of this board, I have to laugh also. I remember arguing with people on here last summer that were saying that we'd be getting £4M for Sol Bamba, and although the early signs are indeed very promising and he does look like he will become an excellent player for us, Victor Palsson has played 7 games for us and folk are going way over the top.

So it's not just the EPL where players are ridiculously hyped, I can only imagine how OTT we'd be going if we did produce a youngster like Bale.

Booth is the next Bale so I'm told. :wink:

Stevie Reid
22-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Booth is the next Bale so I'm told. :wink:

:greengrin