PDA

View Full Version : Brown collecting his loser's medal.

Jim44
20-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Now I know he would have been disappointed and feeling down, but did anyone notice his body language and attitude when he led Celtic up to collect their medals. He walked along the passageway without looking at the presentation party, ignored them and stared directly in front of himself. He grabbed his medal without any acknowledgement or thanks or even hesitating for a second and walked on petulantly. I never liked his attitude when he was with us and his behaviour today marks him as an ignorant, classless idiot.

.Sean.
20-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Scott Brown is a fanny.

He's now 'Celtic-minded' and a complete and utter bawbag.

Wembley67
20-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Don't see anything wrong with it in the slightest, he captained (i think) a side to a defeat. I would be very pissed off as well.

Jonnyboy
20-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Don't see anything wrong with it in the slightest, he captained (i think) a side to a defeat. I would be very pissed off as well.

:agree:

Jay
20-03-2011, 07:57 PM
He had a big fat L for loser on his coupon :greengrin

Removed
20-03-2011, 08:00 PM

He had to walk up the steps with hun hoardes shouting abuse at him. As far as I could see he kept his cool. He'd just lost a final ffs. OP a bit too critical imo.

Removed
20-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Scott Brown is a fanny.

:faf:

:lips seal

Since90+2
20-03-2011, 08:02 PM
I actually think Celtic lost their way when he went off , think they were winning the midfield battle with him in there until then.

HibbyAndy
20-03-2011, 08:05 PM

Agreed.

Jonnyboy
20-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Over the years I've been unfortunate enough to watch a few Hibs teams making that climb for the runners up medals. Can't recall a single one of them stopping for a chat and a laugh and if they had you can imagine the reaction.

Winston Ingram
20-03-2011, 08:18 PM
He's with Celtic now so no surprise. It was probably a conspiracy of some sort

As for Brown. His career has died on his erse there. I really wish he went to England. I think it's safe to say Celtic haven't got their £5.5m worth out of him which makes me very happy. the fact that they are spewing a reported £30k a week on him makes me even happier

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Now I know he would have been disappointed and feeling down, but did anyone notice his body language and attitude when he led Celtic up to collect their medals. He walked along the passageway without looking at the presentation party, ignored them and stared directly in front of himself. He grabbed his medal without any acknowledgement or thanks or even hesitating for a second and walked on petulantly. I never liked his attitude when he was with us and his behaviour today marks him as an ignorant, classless idiot.

Saw nothing I haven't seen before at a cup final from a loser! Nothing wrong with his behaviour IMO.

heretoday
20-03-2011, 08:24 PM
He should be told he's in the footsteps of the likes of Billy McNeill and he should grow up a bit.

Pretty Boy
20-03-2011, 08:29 PM
He's with Celtic now so no surprise. It was probably a conspiracy of some sort

As for Brown. His career has died on his erse there. I really wish he went to England. I think it's safe to say Celtic haven't got their £5.5m worth out of him which makes me very happy. the fact that they are spewing a reported £30k a week on him makes me even happier

He has stagnated big time, if not gone backwards, at Celtc.

He really needed to go down south and test himself at a better level, with Celtc bar a few European games every season he is playing the same dross he was playing when was at Hibs. Unfortunately yet another young Scottish player showed a total lack of ambition or a preference for cash over football and he has paid for it.

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2011, 08:31 PM
He should be told he's in the footsteps of the likes of Billy McNeill and he should grow up a bit.

:confused: Why? Would Billy McNeill have had a laugh whilst collecting his losers medal and then have stayed on the steps to give every Rangers player a pat on the back before cartwheeling down the steps shouting it's the taking part that matters!!!

CropleyWasGod
20-03-2011, 08:34 PM

This will be the same Billy McNeill who collected his loser's medal in the 73 Cup Final, with a face like thunder, and then stuck up 8 fingers to the Celtic faithful to signify the number of leagues they has won on the trot. Classy.

Jim44
20-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Over the years I've been unfortunate enough to watch a few Hibs teams making that climb for the runners up medals. Can't recall a single one of them stopping for a chat and a laugh and if they had you can imagine the reaction.

I'm not suggesting this. All I'm saying is that it's only common courtesy and decency to at least glance in the direction of someone who is handing something to you and possibly addressing you in some way. Despite the almost unanimous ' defence' here of Brown's pig-ignorance, I personally think he's a classless individual............... so there. :greengrin

Leith_Hibee
20-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I agree with the OP. There is being disappointed but not to aknowledge those dishing out the medals is the stuff of school kids.

I think you can tell a lot about someone by how they deal with disappointment. He needs to man up.

Tynie01011973
20-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Can't believe you even bothered to watch it that far tbh.

Couldn't care which of the two won.

:wink:

Green forever
20-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Can't believe you even bothered to watch it that far tbh.

Couldn't care which of the two won.

:wink:

:agree: turned over to watch Chelsea v Man City, not a great game but at least none of them were the old firm with their knuckle dragging followers in the stands.

CallumLaidlaw
20-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Yip, turned over the second the FT whistle went. Had no interest in seeing either of them celebrate.

millarco
20-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Agree with the OP. Thought the least he could do was acknowledge those who were giving out the medals, would expect that as a matter of courtesy never mind an act as captain. I was also under the impression that teams normally waited on the pitch to see the winners collect the trophy which Celtc didn't do, though that may not be standard practice anymore.

I was at one of Celtc's pre-season friendlies in Boston in the summer where they won a friendly trophy, and thought Brown's attitude then was poor as well. Having a laugh and effectively taking the mick with O'Dea when collecting the trophy, again showing no respect to those presenting the awards. A classless individual on the football pitch IMO, and one that certainly isn't fulfilling his undoubted football potential.

Sir David Gray
20-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I didn't see the presentation as I turned it off as soon as the final whistle went but if the OP's description of what happened is accurate then that is a poor show by Brown.

I hear people saying that they don't see anything wrong because he's just captained a side to a cup final defeat against his club's biggest rivals. However, there is a way to lose, a graceful way to react to a defeat that is appropriate from someone who holds the status that Scott Brown currently has.

As many on here will know, I am a massive tennis fan and I've just watched Rafael Nadal lose to Novak Djokovic in the final of a pretty big tournament. At the end of the match, Nadal looked Djokovic in the eye as they met at the net and congratulated him in what seemed to be a genuine manner.

At last year's US Open final, the roles were reversed and Nadal beat Djokovic and again at the end of the match, Djokovic came round to Nadal's side of the net and hugged him and congratulated him on his victory.

No-one likes to lose, especially competitive people like sportsmen, if they did then they are in the wrong job. However, I've often heard it said that the true measure of someone is how they respond to setbacks and defeats.

Winning, and reacting to victories, is easy. It's a bit more difficult to react to a defeat. No-one would have expected Scott Brown to go up those stairs today as captain of the losing team and have a big cheesy grin on his face but, at the same time, that's not saying that it's understandable or justifiable to completely blank people who are presenting you with a medal.

It's rude, it's disrespectful and it's unprofessional.

Greentinted
20-03-2011, 10:55 PM
II've often heard it said that the true measure of someone is how they respond to setbacks and defeats.

Winning, and reacting to victories, is easy. It's a bit more difficult to react to a defeat. No-one would have expected Scott Brown to go up those stairs today as captain of the losing team and have a big cheesy grin on his face but, at the same time, that's not saying that it's understandable or justifiable to completely blank people who are presenting you with a medal.

Pretty much agree with all that. I can't remember who said it but I know it was a top sportsman who, looking back over his career, remarked that even the most successful and talented in their field won't win everything they enter but that is always important to remain dignified in both victory and defeat. Furthermore, it is how one deals with adversity that separates the great from the good.

Removed
20-03-2011, 11:23 PM
I didn't see the presentation as I turned it off as soon as the final whistle went but if the OP's description of what happened is accurate then that is a poor show by Brown.

I hear people saying that they don't see anything wrong because he's just captained a side to a cup final defeat against his club's biggest rivals. However, there is a way to lose, a graceful way to react to a defeat that is appropriate from someone who holds the status that Scott Brown currently has.

As many on here will know, I am a massive tennis fan and I've just watched Rafael Nadal lose to Novak Djokovic in the final of a pretty big tournament. At the end of the match, Nadal looked Djokovic in the eye as they met at the net and congratulated him in what seemed to be a genuine manner.

At last year's US Open final, the roles were reversed and Nadal beat Djokovic and again at the end of the match, Djokovic came round to Nadal's side of the net and hugged him and congratulated him on his victory.

No-one likes to lose, especially competitive people like sportsmen, if they did then they are in the wrong job. However, I've often heard it said that the true measure of someone is how they respond to setbacks and defeats.

Two words

Alex Ferguson

Dunbar Hibee
21-03-2011, 02:17 AM
I actually like Scott Brown. I don't blame him for having a face like thunder when going to collect his medal either, he was obviously hurting.

lapsedhibee
21-03-2011, 05:41 AM

Face it. Pro football attracts more low life than any other sport. Spitting, swearing, snarling, cheating, week in week out. Why would low life behaviour be suddenly suspended for a cup final? :dunno:

Ritchie
21-03-2011, 06:15 AM
O dear, another brown bashing thread! :rolleyes:

Just oozes bitterness!

lyonhibs
21-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Two words

Alex Ferguson

:top marks

Beefster
21-03-2011, 07:53 AM
O dear, another brown bashing thread! :rolleyes:

Just oozes bitterness!

Is the bitterness over the way he treated Hibs in the end, the fact that he now plays for one side of the Bigot Brothers or because he acts like a twat 90% of the time?

I may have missed them but I've never hear this 'bitterness' argument when threads pop up to slaughter Katie, Stewart, Caldwell etc. The way some Hibs fans still hold a torch for Brown is slightly cringey IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
21-03-2011, 08:44 AM
I can't believe he didn't have a scarf and one of the party hats on when he went up to get his medal. He should've just been happy to be there.

And another thing he should've been laughing and joking with the nobodies that they have to shake hands with before they get their medal as well. I can't believe he wasn't happy to meet these people.

Phil MaGlass
21-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Im so glad sellik got pumped yesterday.They deserve it after all the crap we have had to put up with from them this season.

Sir David Gray
21-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Two words

Alex Ferguson

It's three words actually;

Sir Alex Ferguson. :wink:

Ferguson has his faults, there's no doubting that, but I have heard him on numerous occasions praising sides that have beaten Manchester Utd in recent seasons. Mind you, it doesn't happen very often (Manchester Utd losing, that is, not Ferguson failing to give praise to the opposition). :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2011, 10:59 AM

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser. It was precisely this sort of thing that made Scott Brown one of my favourite players. Give me that attitude in front of a cheesy clean cut Davie Weir any day.

That said, I know there are players that can mask their hurt and still be sporting, and I take my hat off to them. At the end of the day though, it is winning that is the most important thing at the professional level.

Sammy7nil
21-03-2011, 11:37 AM

Well if a Hibs captain did not acknowledge the people giving out medals and could not even be bothered look at them let alone thanking them then I dont think he would be the correct person to representing Hiberninan as captian.
You have to show class and dignity in defeat aswell as victory I would expect him to show disappointment but manners costs Nothing.

Sammy7nil
21-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser. It was precisely this sort of thing that made Scott Brown one of my favourite players. Give me that attitude in front of a cheesy clean cut Davie Weir any day.
That said, I know there are players that can mask their hurt and still be sporting, and I take my hat off to them. At the end of the day though, it is winning that is the most important thing at the professional level.

Do you mean Weir the guy with the CUP lifted aloft and Broon the one trapsing off with his losers medal :confused::confused:

Does not real fit does it :wink:

You can't win them all as history proves I would like the Hibs captain to be the one who could win and lose with pride and dignity.

Sammy7nil
21-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I can't believe he didn't have a scarf and one of the party hats on when he went up to get his medal. He should've just been happy to be there.

And another thing he should've been laughing and joking with the nobodies that they have to shake hands with before they get their medal as well. I can't believe he wasn't happy to meet these people.

What a poor comment to make the "nobodies" probably think exactly the same as torn faced Broon theyprobably dont want ot be there. Yet they take the time to smile and offer their thanks for the game, the very least he can do is contain his disappointment for 10 seconds.

Albion Hibs
21-03-2011, 11:48 AM
I dont agree with Browns attitude, or some of the comments above that its okay because he is the Captain of the loosing team, gutted etc etc.

There is still such a thing as dignity, a possession which any captain should possess. I dont think anyone would expect to see him laughing, high fiving, or starting a Mexican wave with the medal committee, but at very least he could have shaken a hand or two.

Perhaps if he had shown a bit more of a grown up attitude to things the ****bag followers in the crowd would show the same.

silverhibee
21-03-2011, 11:52 AM
He had a big fat L for loser on his coupon :greengrin

:tee hee:

Ritchie
21-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Is the bitterness over the way he treated Hibs in the end.

:confused: what exactly did he do wrong at the end??

because he acts like a twat 90% of the time?

he acted like a twat whilst at hibs but no hibbies minded then.

i'd rather have a scott brown type player in my team than in the opposition's team

The way some Hibs fans still hold a torch for Brown is slightly cringey IMO.

dont "hold a torch for him", just think its funny how people jump on the littlest of things when it comes to certain players.

bitterness. :agree:

Seveno
21-03-2011, 11:57 AM
I think that he was just disappointed that he wasn't given all of the medals. Aren't they supposed to be presented 'concurrently' ?

Beefster
21-03-2011, 12:17 PM
:confused: what exactly did he do wrong at the end??

he acted like a twat whilst at hibs but no hibbies minded then.

i'd rather have a scott brown type player in my team than in the opposition's team

He agitated for a move, put a transfer request in, lied to the fans and only settled down once he had been promised a move. The only difference between him and Katie was that Katie had a paper column and didn't put in a transfer request.

I'd rather have a good player playing for Hibs than against us but, seeing as Brown plays for Celtic, that's sort of irrelevant.

.Sean.
21-03-2011, 02:02 PM
He agitated for a move, put a transfer request in, lied to the fans and only settled down once he had been promised a move. The only difference between him and Katie was that Katie had a paper column and didn't put in a transfer request.

I'd rather have a good player playing for Hibs than against us but, seeing as Brown plays for Celtic, that's sort of irrelevant.You're wrong there, Thomson handed in a transfer request same time as Brown.

Love the Green
21-03-2011, 02:27 PM

Is it any wonder the lad was upset...after all he did win the trophy with a big club in 2007 and the celebrations with the world's greatest fans from Edinburgh will never ever be bettered...He won with the best now he has to be part of the rest.
Spoiled them all with "Sunshine on Leith" in 2007 one of those never to be bettered experiences.

"keep the faith"

sparkiehibs
21-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Scott Brown is a fanny.

Get a grip of yourself.

He aint changed a bit.

If he aint your favourite player because he joined celtic, fair enough, but there aint no need for that. Scotty stuck around and led us to our first trophy in 16 years. Will always remember him as a great hibs player.

marinello59
21-03-2011, 02:41 PM
You're wrong there, Thomson handed in a transfer request same time as Brown.

I don't think he did. Brown handed one in straight after a defeat at ER which was reported at the time. If KT did make an official transfer request then it was never made public.

hibbysam
21-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't think he did. Brown handed one in straight after a defeat at ER which was reported at the time. If KT did make an official transfer request then it was never made public.

Thomson still to this day says it was Brown and not him that handed in the transfer request..

People are quick to say he "stuck around to win us a trophy" but had he kept his mush shut and not disgruntled the dressing room we would have been back at hampden for a Scottish cup final rather than getting horsed from Dunfermline in a replay!

moredun
21-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Is the bitterness over the way he treated Hibs in the end, the fact that he now plays for one side of the Bigot Brothers or because he acts like a twat 90% of the time?

I may have missed them but I've never hear this 'bitterness' argument when threads pop up to slaughter Katie, Stewart, Caldwell etc. The way some Hibs fans still hold a torch for Brown is slightly cringey IMO.

Totally wrong

He is a fud 100% of the time.

Bad winners and bad losers.

No-one likes any club like that.

Disdgustingly classless and disrespectful, You could point that at the manky club and Scott Brown.

Beefster
21-03-2011, 03:15 PM

Based on what evidence? As far as I know, it's never been reported by anyone who would know.

moredun
21-03-2011, 03:21 PM

NadaL

Mickelson

Phil taylor

3 of the best sportsmen in the world
All show great respect when they lose, so are they "losers"

And don't forget Watson and Nicklaus.

Why do you think they are so fondly remembered.
Greatness and respect, for some reason people think football players are above morals and respect and can lie though their teeth and it is ok, cos it's "football"

Get a life, win or lose

Losers???

Gracious winners AND losers.

No need to be a prick regardless of situation in sport.

moredun
21-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Well if a Hibs captain did not acknowledge the people giving out medals and could not even be bothered look at them let alone thanking them then I dont think he would be the correct person to representing Hiberninan as captian.
You have to show class and dignity in defeat aswell as victory I would expect him to show disappointment but manners costs Nothing.

Well said that man:agree:

moredun
21-03-2011, 03:25 PM

Err, no he never

.Sean.
21-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Based on what evidence? As far as I know, it's never been reported by anyone who would know.I may be wrong, but i'd always though both Brown and Thomson had handed in transfer requests after the aforementioned Dundee United game.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Thomson did NOT hand in a transfer request, don't get me wrong he had numerous faults but we cant just make stuff up. Only Brown handed in a request. The fans that get me are the ones that boo Whittaker when he comes back to Easter Road yet still have a soft spot for Brown. Utterly bizzare. There clearly are quite a few coz folk round about me in the East were giving Whitty pelters on the first day of the season yet you could hear a pin drop in the stadium any time Brown has been on the ball whilst playing for Celtic. The only difference between them is that Whitty left with a lot more dignaty imo. For what's its worth, both helped us win our first trophy in 16 yrs and should be remembered fondly for that imho.

Mon Dieu4
21-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Thomson did NOT hand in a transfer request, don't get me wrong he had numerous faults but we cant just make stuff up. Only Brown handed in a request. The fans that get me are the ones that boo Whittaker when he comes back to Easter Road yet still have a soft spot for Brown. Utterly bizzare. There clearly are quite a few coz folk round about me in the East were giving Whitty pelters on the first day of the season yet you could hear a pin drop in the stadium any time Brown has been on the ball whilst playing for Celtic. The only difference between them is that Whitty left with a lot more dignaty imo. For what's its worth, both helped us win our first trophy in 16 yrs and should be remembered fondly for that imho.

I dont boo Whitty, he is about the only one who has left I dont, he was a model professional at ER and as a good player for Hibs but with albiet limited ability he chased the cash on offer but has played in a European Final, won medals, not once has he ever bad mouthed Hibs or made me dislike him other than the fact he plays for one of them.

So whilest I dont really care what he gets up to I am somewhat indifferent towards him and would never speak ill of the guy/

The likes of Brown, Thomson, Caldwell etc can all GTF thoughv:faf:

heretoday
22-03-2011, 08:48 AM
This will be the same Billy McNeill who collected his loser's medal in the 73 Cup Final, with a face like thunder, and then stuck up 8 fingers to the Celtic faithful to signify the number of leagues they has won on the trot. Classy.

That's the guy. A real Captain Courageous!

pacorosssco
22-03-2011, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=simply the best;2762561]Do you mean Weir the guy with the CUP lifted aloft and Broon the one trapsing off with his losers medal :confused::confused:

On a slightly different note. David Weir is a PR machine. All hand shacking pretending to be pleasant giving an interview at drop of the hat and general media slag and referee chocolate starfish polisher extraordinaire

Hence he has got away with assault on the football pitch and nasty sneaky incidents for years as he is one of the blazers and media good guys

IMO he could have been booked for his tackle on Samaras as he intentional kicked him in the head after a reckless challenge but instead not a mention of it.

He had his hands round Riorden neck in the macgregor incident and again nothing

DAVID WEIR HAS NO CLASS WINNER OR LOSER and he can shake as many hands as he wants

I for one wouldnt give a toss if a captain of Hibernian FC acted like Scott Brown in fact to me id be more happy that they took losing so badly. I have never hung around to see the other team celebrate and applaud them after Hibs have been beaten so why should the Captain.

ForeverHibs93
22-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Two words

Alex Ferguson
So true:top marks

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2011, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=simply the best;2762561]Do you mean Weir the guy with the CUP lifted aloft and Broon the one trapsing off with his losers medal :confused::confused:

On a slightly different note. David Weir is a PR machine. All hand shacking pretending to be pleasant giving an interview at drop of the hat and general media slag and referee chocolate starfish polisher extraordinaire

Hence he has got away with assault on the football pitch and nasty sneaky incidents for years as he is one of the blazers and media good guys

IMO he could have been booked for his tackle on Samaras as he intentional kicked him in the head after a reckless challenge but instead not a mention of it.

He had his hands round Riorden neck in the macgregor incident and again nothing

DAVID WEIR HAS NO CLASS WINNER OR LOSER and he can shake as many hands as he wants

I for one wouldnt give a toss if a captain of Hibernian FC acted like Scott Brown in fact to me id be more happy that they took losing so badly. I have never hung around to see the other team celebrate and applaud them after Hibs have been beaten so why should the Captain.

David Weir is the perfect example of a professional footballer who has stayed in the game so long because of his excellence both on and off the pitch. The guy is a gentleman off the pitch and and a experienced old pro on the pitch. This observation was made without the use of coloured blinkers!

hibsbollah
22-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Scott Brown in 'Staring Vacantly into Space Shock'.

To be fair to him he probably didnt mean any disrespect. Expecting witty and insightful conversation from him is a bit optimistic, thats all.

pacorosssco
22-03-2011, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=pacorosssco;2763122]

David Weir is the perfect example of a professional footballer who has stayed in the game so long because of his excellence both on and off the pitch. The guy is a gentleman off the pitch and and a experienced old pro on the pitch. This observation was made without the use of coloured blinkers!

David Weir is a dirty footballer and always looks for a cheap shot. He is a coward for these antics

Gentleman he maybe I dont know him and he has kept himself in good shape but on a football field he has no class . It appears to be you who is wearing the David Weir blinkers

moredun
22-03-2011, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;2763324]

David Weir is a dirty footballer and always looks for a cheap shot. He is a coward for these antics

Gentleman he maybe I dont know him and he has kept himself in good shape but on a football field he has no class . It appears to be you who is wearing the David Weir blinkers

Totally agree, a bigger banker on the pitch you will not find

lapsedhibee
22-03-2011, 04:43 PM

I would seriously like to know how he gets away with grabbing opponents by the throat. Is there a magic SPL token that Ned The Crab passed on to him when he left for Birmingham? Ned used be pretty much unbookable here also.

HibbyAndy
22-03-2011, 05:03 PM
I would seriously like to know how he gets away with grabbing opponents by the throat. Is there a magic SPL token that Ned The Crab passed on to him when he left for Birmingham? Ned used be pretty much unbookable here also.

Ive seen him do this on numerous occasions and NEVER ever recieves a warning for doing so.

David Weir is a Grade A tosspot.

Gala Foxes
22-03-2011, 05:36 PM

His reaction shows he is competitive and hates losing - nothing wrong with that. A quality some of our players in our long winless run could have done with.

So what if he did'nt smile and shake hands with the "hangers-on" diddies in the posh seats.

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2011, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;2763324]

A player opposition fans love to hate, wish we had one. Experienced pro who knows how to stretch the boundaries.

moredun
22-03-2011, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=pacorosssco;2763330]

A player opposition fans love to hate, wish we had one. Experienced pro who knows how to stretch the boundaries.

Only if he was with us, he would be sent off every other week

soupy
23-03-2011, 07:02 AM
[QUOTE=pacorosssco;2763122]

The guys an erse!!!!!!!!

IWasThere2016
23-03-2011, 11:35 AM
He does a braw line in golf clobber tho (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3485322/Broony-plaid-a-blinder.html) :faf:

heretoday
23-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Everyone's getting warm and cuddly feelings towards David Weir all of a sudden.

I don't like him.

He has a supercilious air about him - a "butter wouldn't melt" quality which a lot of Huns possess, Walter Smith included.

Either that or they're thick as two short planks.

Dunbar Hibee
24-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Davie Weir is a bawbag.

Hibs On Tour
24-03-2011, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=pacorosssco;2763330]

Pish. He's an experienced pro who knows he can completely ignore the boundaries safe in the knowledge that as he plays for one of the OF, the refs will just ignore it completely.

A wee difference perhaps, but an important one...

Hibs On Tour
24-03-2011, 12:45 PM

He has stagnated big time, if not gone backwards, at Celtc.

He really needed to go down south and test himself at a better level, with Celtc bar a few European games every season he is playing the same dross he was playing when was at Hibs. Unfortunately yet another young Scottish player showed a total lack of ambition or a preference for cash over football and he has paid for it.

Which is something he could only have done if he got the chance to by another club coming in for him before Celtic. The only other club to come in with an offer for him were [IIRC] Reading and by the time they came in, SB was already at Parkhead to sign for the great unwashed.

Who knows - perhaps if another club had come in earlier in the proceedings things may have been different?

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2011, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;2763406]

Pish. He's an experienced pro who knows he can completely ignore the boundaries safe in the knowledge that as he plays for one of the OF, the refs will just ignore it completely.

A wee difference perhaps, but an important one...

Says it all really :rolleyes:

pacorosssco
24-03-2011, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=Hibs On Tour;2764280]

Says it all really :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;2763324] http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by pacorosssco http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=2763122#post2763122)

Is there something up when you reply? it looks like you are changing your posts to others?

Another thing on nice guy Weir turned his back on country only to reconsider when it suited him.

NO CLASS says it all

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2011, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;2764317]

[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;2763324] http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by pacorosssco http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=2763122#post2763122)

Is there something up when you reply? it looks like you are changing your posts to others?

Another thing on nice guy Weir turned his back on country only to reconsider when it suited him.

NO CLASS says it all

Yeah, not sure why that's happening????

pacorosssco
24-03-2011, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=pacorosssco;2764359][QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;2764317]

must be that even your pc thinks weirs a bawbag:wink:

lapsedhibee
24-03-2011, 03:36 PM

Cos pacorosssco missed out a [/quote] when replying to Simply The Best in post 57.

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Cos pacorosssco missed out a when replying to Simply The Best in post 57.[/QUOTE]

I knew some bawbag would be responsible :wink:

pacorosssco
24-03-2011, 03:51 PM
when replying to Simply The Best in post 57.

I knew some bawbag would be responsible :wink:[/QUOTE]
Touché