PDA

View Full Version : junior cup

archiebald
19-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Anyone know how Musselburgh got on ?

hibbysam
19-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Won 2-0..

Chris King with a peach of a free kick in first half and Matty scored a cracking second.. Kilbirnie were poor with a large rowdy away crowd.. Nishy and Keith Wright in the huge home crowd!

Nameless
19-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Well done Musselburgh - any idea when the semi draw is?

Capt Mainwaring
19-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Semi Final won't feature Bonnyrigg Rose. Took a 4 - 0 spanking at Bo'ness this afternoon:boo hoo:

scoopyboy
19-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Won 2-0..

Chris King with a peach of a free kick in first half and Matty scored a cracking second.. Kilbirnie were poor with a large rowdy away crowd.. Nishy and Keith Wright in the huge home crowd!

Typical Ayrshire neds.

Ollie Russell came on as a sub but didn't show much.

Musselburgh and Bo'ness in semis.

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy won 2-0 at Glenrothes in the last 16 and now play Dalry in quarters.

Irvine Meadow play Auchinleck Talbot in the remaining quarter final which I thought would have been played today but I can't find the score. Might have been abandoned due to fighting I suppose, trouble was expected.

scoopyboy
19-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Typical Ayrshire neds.

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy won 2-0 at Glenrothes in the last 16 and now play Dalry in quarters.

Irvine Meadow play Auchinleck Talbot in the remaining quarter final which I thought would have been played today but I can't find the score. Might have been abandoned due to fighting I suppose, trouble was expected.

To answer my own question, Irvine Meadow 1 Auchinleck Talbot 3.

hibbysam
19-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Typical Ayrshire neds.

Had to laugh at a few of there songs scoop :agree:

"bring your casuals over here" in a junior cup tie?:rolleyes:

one total moron then decided to run onto the pitch and barge into a burgh player.. Loved Kingy's celebration though! :top marks

With the Bo'ness and Auchinleck through i cant see burgh getting any further but you never know!:agree:

eastmainsmsh
19-03-2011, 07:23 PM
brilliant stuff for eastern junior football.... Chocolate and boys are buzzing :aok:

quality side hope they can win it

scoopyboy
19-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Had to laugh at a few of there songs scoop :agree:

"bring your casuals over here" in a junior cup tie?:rolleyes:

one total moron then decided to run onto the pitch and barge into a burgh player.. Loved Kingy's celebration though! :top marks

With the Bo'ness and Auchinleck through i cant see burgh getting any further but you never know!:agree:

I want Musselburgh to get the winners of Dalry Thistle and Kirkintilloch Rob Roy.

To defeat the others over two legs would be a tall order IMO.

hibeenicol
19-03-2011, 07:47 PM
I was at the glens game the day and although we got beat 2-1 , we played well but going down to 10 men did'nt help at all. Glens were unlucky but all the best to rob roy in the next rounds.

ronaldo7
19-03-2011, 10:37 PM
I want Musselburgh to get the winners of Dalry Thistle and Kirkintilloch Rob Roy.

To defeat the others over two legs would be a tall order IMO.

That would be the best the Burgh could hope for, and maybe make the Final.

Lots of bother in the Ship and the polis were called to the Quay earlier in the day. The Juniors have always had their idiots but today's mob were complete morons.

Dav1986
20-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Had a game myself 2day and forgot this game was on until now. Good result for mussey, hope they can reach the final

Docker
20-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Semi Final won't feature Bonnyrigg Rose. Took a 4 - 0 spanking at Bo'ness this afternoon:boo hoo:

Bo'ness played very well yesterday and would probably have won by even more had it not been for the Bonnyrigg goalkeeper having a pretty decent game.

It was more even on the idiot front......Bonnyrigg's nutters left after the BU's 3rd went in, at which point the Bo'ness Young Team went out to keep them company. It kicked off big time with polis everywhere. the crowd segregation worked well again and at least the trouble was outside.

What was interesting for me was that the Bonnyrigg idiots had a few songs that were a "localised" version of one or two favourites from our song sheet!!

Petrie's Tache
20-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Bo'ness played very well yesterday and would probably have won by even more had it not been for the Bonnyrigg goalkeeper having a pretty decent game.

It was more even on the idiot front......Bonnyrigg's nutters left after the BU's 3rd went in, at which point the Bo'ness Young Team went out to keep them company. It kicked off big time with polis everywhere. the crowd segregation worked well again and at least the trouble was outside.

What was interesting for me was that the Bonnyrigg idiots had a few songs that were a "localised" version of one or two favourites from our song sheet!!

Aye Newton Bar was shut early for scrapping also.

Www1875hfc
20-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Typical Ayrshire neds.

Auchinleck won 3-1.

hibees707070
20-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Aye Newton Bar was shut early for scrapping also.

There was no trouble at all Bo'ness came round to the pub with bricks and sticks but police then turned up and moved them on and let us Bonnyrigg fans get our bus. So if there was bother later it certainly was nothing to do with Bonnyrigg. Was a great Bonnyrigg support just a shame the team never turned up and the ref was a complete homer.

hibees707070
20-03-2011, 09:45 AM

There is 1 song that is similar to a hibs one but that's it. And how were the Bonnyrigg fans idiots? Singing a few songs trying to create a bit of atmosphere makes you an idiot these days does it?

Petrie's Tache
20-03-2011, 11:44 AM
There was no trouble at all Bo'ness came round to the pub with bricks and sticks but police then turned up and moved them on and let us Bonnyrigg fans get our bus. So if there was bother later it certainly was nothing to do with Bonnyrigg. Was a great Bonnyrigg support just a shame the team never turned up and the ref was a complete homer.

Didnt say it was Bonnyrigg, did I?

hibees707070
20-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Didnt say it was Bonnyrigg, did I?

you were agreeing with someone who said it kicked off big time between bonnyrigg and bo'ness and said aye the pub got shut early for scrapping as well. So in answer to your question it seems to me that you did aye?

Petrie's Tache
20-03-2011, 01:55 PM
you were agreeing with someone who said it kicked off big time between bonnyrigg and bo'ness and said aye the pub got shut early for scrapping as well. So in answer to your question it seems to me that you did aye?

No I wasn't I was agreeing about the game, i.e could have been more.

The pub did get shut early, where do I state anyone from Bonnyrigg was involved?:rolleyes:

Capt Mainwaring
20-03-2011, 02:31 PM

Was at the game and feel the pain, but apart from a couple of fouls given the wrong way and some inconsistency around bookings - Bonnyrigg were well beaten. Can't blame the Referee. Bo'ness also had a blatant penalty not given!

Good Rose Travelling support and the segregation did work apart from our part of the ground didn't have access to the Pie Stall!! Scandalous!!

Like the flare that was lobbed onto the park at the kick off - all a bit of a damp squib.

Good luck Musselburgh in the Semi

monktonharp
21-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Typical Ayrshire neds.

Irvine Meadow play Auchinleck Talbot in the remaining quarter final which I thought would have been played today but I can't find the score. Might have been abandoned due to fighting I suppose, trouble was expected.ah well, at least Tranent were not in the Quarters this year. would have been a shame to see the innocent law abiding Belters having to hound that shower o' ayrshire ruffians oot o' toon:wink:

scoopyboy
21-03-2011, 06:52 AM
ah well, at least Tranent were not in the Quarters this year. would have been a shame to see the innocent law abiding Belters having to hound that shower o' ayrshire ruffians oot o' toon:wink:

It's been done before and if Tranent could get a good team going again then it would still happen.

A lot of Tranent fans in the crowd at Olive Bank.