PDA

View Full Version : Miller wants to stay...

matty_f
17-03-2011, 09:51 PM
So he says here... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9428013.stm)

I'm sure I read on the EEN site a while back that we'd offered terms to Liam, hopefully things get sorted out and we keep him. For all the criticism he's had, he's looked a different player since the new midfielders have come in, and since having someone working hard up front.

Jonnyboy
17-03-2011, 10:01 PM
So he says here... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9428013.stm)

I'm sure I read on the EEN site a while back that we'd offered terms to Liam, hopefully things get sorted out and we keep him. For all the criticism he's had, he's looked a different player since the new midfielders have come in, and since having someone working hard up front.

I know some have doubted his worth but I'm with you on this one Matty and I hope he does stay :agree:

Saorsa
17-03-2011, 10:02 PM

I know some have doubted his worth but I'm with you on this one Matty and I hope he does stay :agree:I hope he stays too :agree:

wazoo1875
17-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Thirded Matty, I hope he stays too. I know as well as anyone how bad he's been in the past at times but he is a class act on his day. We need players with his craft in amongst the grafters that CC has brought in. Get him signed up !

sixtwo
17-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I agree wi matty. Liam will flourish in a midfield wi grafters. As a youngster he had more ability than any current hibs player, and i think it could be argued he was the best player to come through the ranks in the spl. I do not say that lightly, i say that based on his fantastic form for celtic and the fact he won a move to one of the best clubs in the world. If we get 50% of his potential out of hm we have a superb player on our hands and for that reason i hope we can keep hm. that said, he has failed to wow me thus far. i trust calderwood tho. if he thinks he is worth a contract then thats good enough for me. only liam will know how good he can / will be

Removed
17-03-2011, 10:16 PM
I know some have doubted his worth but I'm with you on this one Matty and I hope he does stay :agree:

His performances maybe, not his worth in the right setup. For the record I always thought he was a class act and wanted him to stay, just that he had too many pish games.

lucky
17-03-2011, 10:20 PM
He is a good player with work horses in the midfield beside him

Pretty Boy
17-03-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm joining the list of people who would like him to stay.

reckon he could be a big player for us with guys like Scott and Palsson to do the dirty work.

Liam89
17-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Its never easy being the type of player that Liam is when you are playing along side and depending on Rankin! He can be a wee lazy bassa at times but he, on his day, is a class player! Get him signed up! :wink:

MountcastleHibs
17-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Three words: sign him up.

WindyMiller
17-03-2011, 11:22 PM
IMO he's only interestedin staying because no one else has made him a better offer.

I can't believe this is the same player that Fergie stole from Celtc.

greenlex
18-03-2011, 06:21 AM
Hope we ain't gonna bust tge bank on him.

essexhibee
18-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Sign him up. The guy is a classy act imo.

marinello59
18-03-2011, 06:34 AM
I hope he is here next season, one of the best players in the SPL, not just at Hibs.

Hainan Hibs
18-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Cringeworthy stuff. First it's spouting prime time comedy material about a move to the Premiership, and now he wants to stay, popping in the fantastic "I've had no offers from elsewhere".

For what it's worth I still hope he can put in the performances we all know he can, but I hope to god we don't get 5 pages of people creaming themselves about him wanting to stay when only a few weeks ago he was getting destroyed left right and centre on here.

CallumLaidlaw
18-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Cringeworthy stuff. First it's spouting prime time comedy material about a move to the Premiership, and now he wants to stay, popping in the fantastic "I've had no offers from elsewhere".

For what it's worth I still hope he can put in the performances we all know he can, but I hope to god we don't get 5 pages of people creaming themselves about him wanting to stay when only a few weeks ago he was getting destroyed left right and centre on here.

and boo'ed 'cos he'd "signed for hearts".

marinello59
18-03-2011, 07:00 AM

Your post certainly is.
Plenty here have supported him consistently throughout his time with Hibs. Selective reading from yourself maybe?

CallumLaidlaw
18-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Your post certainly is.
Plenty here have supported him consistently throughout his time with Hibs. Selective reading from yourself maybe?

I've never doubted his ability to be honest, although I have doubted hios willingness to get stuck in.
With players like Scott & Palsson around him tho, he should be allowed to get on with being a creative attacking midfielder.

Saorsa
18-03-2011, 07:13 AM

For what it's worth I still hope he can put in the performances we all know he can, but I hope to god we don't get 5 pages of people creaming themselves about him wanting to stay when only a few weeks ago he was getting destroyed left right and centre on here.Not by everybody, not by me or most on this thread

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?200804-Good-News-(I-Think)

and boo'ed 'cos he'd "signed for hearts".I wonder if any of those people feel a bit silly now after that turned out tae be a load of pish.

Beefster
18-03-2011, 07:25 AM
I wonder if any of those people feel a bit silly now after that turned out tae be a load of pish.

It's the folk who started/posted the pish on here that should feel a bit silly.

Billy Whizz
18-03-2011, 07:33 AM
It's the folk who started/posted the pish on here that should feel a bit silly.

And there's quite a few do this on a regular basis. No names but I'm sure you know them!:na na:

Golden Bear
18-03-2011, 08:35 AM
He only performs when he feels like performing and often only effective in the first 45 minutes of a game.

We can do better and I'll shed no tears if CC doesn't offer him a contract.

.Sean.
18-03-2011, 08:40 AM
I'd like him to stay but wouldn't break the bank if he was to ask for a hike in wages.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2011, 08:41 AM
I have always liked him, but do realise he has put in some poor performances. I feel his form has been better since we have added better players to play alongside him. The grafters CC has brought to the club can also play a bit, and that means we can retain the ball a lot better now.

Couple that with a forward who stays on his feet and holds the ball up, miller now has someone half decent to give the ball to going forward.

I'd keep him.

Golden Bear
18-03-2011, 08:45 AM
I'd like him to stay but wouldn't break the bank if he was to ask for a hike in wages.

:agree:

It's now more a case of what he can offer the Club rather than what we're willing to pay him.

Beggars can't be choosers in other words.

aberhibsfc
18-03-2011, 09:26 AM

RIP
18-03-2011, 10:12 AM
There's no doubt that Miller, like Riordan has been putting in more of a shift latterly

Far be it from me to suggest that this is linked to being out of contract in a few months :wink:

Stevie Reid
18-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Great on his day (which has been hardly ever) - I'm happy for him to stay on reduced terms.

We've been short changed for him being a top earner at ER, and I'm sure we can get a better more consistent player for the wages - though probably not someone of the same pedigree.

An overwhelming disappointment overall, but have faith in whatever CC sees fit to do.

Gatecrasher
18-03-2011, 12:07 PM
im in 2 minds over him, theres no dout he has talent, His form earlier in the season was no doubt abysmal, however his recent form has showed he can still do a job for us. Perhaps i might need to see some more games with the new players around him but i will still think when the going gets tough will Miller be able to handle it?

FromTheCapital
18-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Three words: sign him up.
One word: Agreed!

BEEJ
18-03-2011, 12:22 PM
First it's spouting prime time comedy material about a move to the Premiership, and now he wants to stay, popping in the fantastic "I've had no offers from elsewhere".

I read that as a "I'm available for free at the end of the season" type message to any interested parties.

Cabbage East
18-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Get the boy signed up :agree:

Seveno
18-03-2011, 01:52 PM
On form he's one of the best players in the SPL but he stopped playing halfway through last season. I'd offer him reduced basic terms but a good incentive for appearance money.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I would rather he stayed but I won't be crying myself to sleep if he happens to leave in the summer.

He's had several excellent performances for us but, overall, his time with Hibs has been very underwhelming.

sunshine1875
18-03-2011, 04:16 PM
When the going gets tough, Liam Miller goes hiding!

Nothing against him personally, but I would rather we tried a willing, young enthusiastic player on the way up (similar to Palsson) than a player who has never ever lived up to his potental.

I would not be disappointed if he resigns, but my preference is to get someone else in. I trust CC to get the right person.

500miles
18-03-2011, 04:35 PM
If we can keep him great. But he's shown that he can't be relied on as an automatic pick, because he lets the side down too often.

From what we've seen of the likes of Palsson, when he plays well, he's a joy to watch with his fantastic vision and range of passing, but when he's not on top of his game, he'll still win his battles, and pick up lots of the game. He's never a passanger.

Liam Miller can too often be a passanger.

To be a successful side, you need to have 11 players who are never passangers. This often means the the most talented players are used more sparingly.

Keep him, within reason, but the likes of him and Riordan are not the kind of player we should be building a team around. Especially when age is considered.

DH1875
18-03-2011, 05:19 PM
If a deal can be done to suit both parties then get it done :agree:.

Iggy Pope
18-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I think Liam Miller sums up all the contradictions we have about the Hibs.

Further up the thread and in one swoop of a post one contributor decides he has had 'several excellent performances' while at the same time being 'underwhelmed'.

We should be so lucky........

Feed McGraw
18-03-2011, 08:01 PM
He`s a good footballer, if we can keep him we should.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2011, 08:23 PM
I think Liam Miller sums up all the contradictions we have about the Hibs.

Further up the thread and in one swoop of a post one contributor decides he has had 'several excellent performances' while at the same time being 'underwhelmed'.

We should be so lucky........

After 18 months, I would have expected to have seen a bit more than "several excellent performances" from a player who has played for Ireland at international level and has also played at the highest level of club football for both Celtic and Manchester Utd.

Particularly when it's been about 12 months since the last of his "several excellent performances".

I stand by what I said earlier. I would be quite happy to see him sign a new deal but I won't be joining in with any chants for Rod Petrie to "sign him up". If he leaves in the summer then so be it.

Let's not forget that, over the past year, he has been a prominent member of the team that was responsible for the worst run of results in the club's history.

Ernie Cobra
18-03-2011, 08:31 PM
ANY team in the SPL would sign Liam Miller, lets not get too carried away with things, as was pointed out, this is a guy who Man Utd thought highly enough of. I agree he has not been that standard often enough, but lets remember that he has also not been playing alongside the likes of scholes giggs etc etc.

He will be better with the new look midfield lending a bit of dig and hardwork to free him up, ask yourself who do we replace him with????

Sign him now, if he does not come good, sell him.......no?

Iggy Pope
18-03-2011, 08:52 PM
'Several excellent performances' was a quote taken from the post I detailed. Not my words. Falkirk Hibee - you are quoting yourself.

Several excellent performances will do me. Don't recall him having too many in Manchester or for Eire, although I stand to be corrected.

God knows what else anyone on here expects or what team they've been watching all their lives. Several excellent performances in 18 months is way above average and has been for great swathes of our history I hate to say.

However, he has been excellent anytime in the last 12 months when we've had what could be described as an 'excellent performance'.

He was excellent at Ibrox in the 3-0 this season.
He was excellent at Motherwell on Day 1.

Maybe he's one of those that fall in to the 'when he's good, we're good' category.
If we are to bin him because he was there or thereabouts during the terrible run we encountered then let's not stop with him.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2011, 09:06 PM
'Several excellent performances' was a quote taken from the post I detailed. Not my words. Falkirk Hibee - you are quoting yourself.

Several excellent performances will do me. Don't recall him having too many in Manchester or for Eire, although I stand to be corrected.

God knows what else anyone on here expects or what team they've been watching all their lives. Several excellent performances in 18 months is way above average and has been for great swathes of our history I hate to say.

However, he has been excellent anytime in the last 12 months when we've had what could be described as an 'excellent performance'.

He was excellent at Ibrox in the 3-0 this season.
He was excellent at Motherwell on Day 1.

Maybe he's one of those that fall in to the 'when he's good, we're good' category.
If we are to bin him because he was there or thereabouts during the terrible run we encountered then let's not stop with him.

I wouldn't argue with that.

Until we went on our recent winning run and brought in the new players, I couldn't stand the sight of any of our players and wanted the whole lot of them to go.

Iggy Pope
18-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Hmmmm.
You're a glory hunter right enough.