PDA

View Full Version : The derby

KeithTheHibby
17-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Having had a wee look at the recent form I have to say that I have renewed confidence for the derby.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_statistics

I know that we have been playing well and winning games however I never realised how pish the ****s have been.

Wonder if this has a lot to do with the fact that Kyle has turned to chocolate?

Anyway, they are there for the taking and we are due them a beating!

GGTTH

Diclonius
17-03-2011, 11:31 AM
First derby I've felt we had a genuine chance in for years, as this time we can actually match them for strength and determination.

It could go either way. I'll see how their game goes on Saturday before making a prediction.

easty
17-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Having had a wee look at the recent form I have to say that I have renewed confidence for the derby.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_statistics

I know that we have been playing well and winning games however I never realised how pish the ****s have been.

Wonder if this has a lot to do with the fact that Kyle has turned to chocolate?

Anyway, they are there for the taking and we are due them a beating!

GGTTH

We can beat them, I've nae doubt about that but I wouldn't underestimate them already. Kyle being missing is a big miss but they've still got Stephen Elliot, Templeton and Skacel who can all do plenty on their day against any team in the SPL. In fact, those 3 are due a decent performance from what I've heard about them lately. I hope it doesn't come against us.

Hibstrooper
17-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Some other interesting stats to pick up on:

We aren't far behind the Yams in terms of shots on goal and only about a dozen for on target which when you consider how bad we've been and how well they are doing is quite interesting.

Also Deeks is top of any player for shots and shots on target and in top ten for assists and goals despite having a relatively poor season by his standards

Diclonius
17-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I think our new players have the right mentality to embrace this sort of game.

What it depends on is whether our derby 'veterans' - who **** themselves whenever they come up against Hearts - will get their act together, or spread the losing mentality to the rest of the team.