Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United)

Forwards
Chris Maguire (Aberdeen)
Kenny Miller (Bursaspor)

Only 2 strikers and still no Fletcher

scott7_0(Prague)
17-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Only 2 strikers and still no Fletcher

That would be because he has opted not to be including in squads under Harry Potter.

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Why has this Hanley (10 games for Blackburn during which they've struggled) been vaulted from the under-19s ahead of Hanlon?

scott7_0(Prague)
17-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Why has this Hanley (10 games for Blackburn during which they've struggled) been vaulted from the under-19s ahead of Hanlon?

EPL v SPL

Or

Harry I hate anything to do with Hibs Potter!!

H18sry
17-03-2011, 10:29 AM
That would be because he has opted not to be including in squads under Harry Potter.

No he asked not to be considered for the NI game. :wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
17-03-2011, 10:31 AM
EPL v SPL

Or

Harry I hate anything to do with Hibs Potter!!

OOO, OOO, Pick me! I know the answer! :wink:

basehibby
17-03-2011, 10:33 AM

I'm guessing that it's cos he's got a Scottish granny and is also eligible for england - meaning Levein will be keen to cap him "just in case" he turns out to be a star in the making. A common prcatice these days among the smaller nations, with the unfortunate side effect that any 100% Scottish prospect is far less likley to get a cap early in their careers.

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm guessing that it's cos he's got a Scottish granny and is also eligible for england - meaning Levein will be keen to cap him "just in case" he turns out to be a star in the making. A common prcatice these days among the smaller nations, with the unfortunate side effect that any 100% Scottish prospect is far less likley to get a cap early in their careers.

Unless they've moved the border north of Dumfries without telling me, that doesn't apply in Hanley's case.

:wink:

scott7_0(Prague)
17-03-2011, 10:35 AM
No he asked not to be considered for the NI game. :wink:

Which has lead Harry Potter not to pick him again for any future squad. So as i said, Fletch has opted not to be picked for any future squads........ <due to falling out with HP>.

he Scotland manager is understood to have been stung by the response and will never select Fletcher again

Frogga
17-03-2011, 10:37 AM

Hanley's from Dumfries - not English.

And let's not kid ourselves, any player getting a game for an established Premiership team is good enough for Scotland. Hanlon would not even get on the bench for Blackburn.

macca70
17-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Other than the Old Firm players (who will pull out anyway), good to see the SPL clubs well represented :grr:

Levein is a complete tool bag!!

2 strikers, why even bother make Kenny Miller travel to London. We know what he is capable of, we know he will be 1st pick for a competitive game. Give someone else a chance and gain some international experience.

H18sry
17-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Which has lead Harry Potter not to pick him again for any future squad. So as i said, Fletch has opted not to be picked for any future squads........ <due to falling out with HP>.

But that's not "ASKING" not to be selected, he asked to be left out of 1 squad HP took the huff a big difference :agree:

Frogga
17-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Other than the Old Firm players (who will pull out anyway), good to see the SPL clubs well represented :grr:

2 strikers, why even bother make Kenny Miller travel to London. We know what he is capable of, we know he will be 1st pick for a competitive game. Give someone else a chance and gain some international experience.

Considering the SPL is largely League 1 standard who else did you expect him to pick from outside of the Old Firm (who have the majority of Scotland's best SPL players)?

Also, which other decent strikers do we have?

I agree that there are strikers as good as Maguire, but who do we have available that is anywhere near as good as Kenny Miller?

Boyd?
Badwillie?

scott7_0(Prague)
17-03-2011, 10:50 AM
But that's not "ASKING" not to be selected, he asked to be left out of 1 squad HP took the huff a big difference :agree:

I would say the same difference, because, being a daft lad and sending a stupid text rather than himself or his representatives calling HP to explain why he decided not to be considered for the NI squad in my opinion says he opted to fall out with HP and not be considered.... either way, daft from SF.

mon' the Scotland.

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Hanley's from Dumfries - not English.

And let's not kid ourselves, any player getting a game for an established Premiership team is good enough for Scotland. Hanlon would not even get on the bench for Blackburn.

<10 games for a toiling Blackburn team does not mean he is an established Premier League player.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-03-2011, 10:56 AM
<10 games for a toiling Blackburn team does not mean he is an established Premier League player.

He didn't say that.

Famous Five stated Blackburn were an establish EPL side... Not the player!

Frogga
17-03-2011, 10:57 AM

I didn't say he was an established player, I said Blackburn Rovers are an established Premiership team.

Frogga
17-03-2011, 10:57 AM
He didn't say that.

Famous Five stated Blackburn were an establish EPL side... Not the player!

:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry, but that's mental. Hanley could disappear without trace and yet he's good enough for Scotland? I'm sorry, but a player should have a certain level of experience (unless he is some sort of wunderkid) before getting picked for a full international team.

More to the point, this kid has been in the under-19s yet has been vaulted into the full squad ahead of Hanlon (the under-21 captain) on the basis of a few unconvincing performances for Blackburn. If he was that good, why wasn't he in the under-21s in the first place?

I suspect he has been picked because Potter loves to point how many "Premier League players" are in his team. Even if they are 19 year old laddies who have played less than ten full games for a guff Blackburn team, or Steven "worse than Gary" Caldwell.

Hibs90
17-03-2011, 11:04 AM
I seriously hope Brazil tear Scotland a new ********.

Dunbar Hibee
17-03-2011, 11:10 AM

I have every confidence they will.:agree:

Frogga
17-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm sorry, but that's mental. Hanley could disappear without trace and yet he's good enough for Scotland? I'm sorry, but a player should have a certain level of experience (unless he is some sort of wunderkid) before getting picked for a full international team.

More to the point, this kid has been in the under-19s yet has been vaulted into the full squad ahead of Hanlon (the under-21 captain) on the basis of a few unconvincing performances for Blackburn. If he was that good, why wasn't he in the under-21s in the first place?

I suspect he has been picked because Potter loves to point how many "Premier League players" are in his team. Even if they are 19 year old laddies who have played less than ten full games for a guff Blackburn team, or Steven "worse than Gary" Caldwell.

I know what you're saying but at the same time I think you are looking at this through Hibs-tinted glasses mate.

By reaching the first-team at Blackburn Hanley has shown that he has great potential in a Scotland shirt. I very much doubt that Hanlon would've been anywhere near the BR first XI by now and I don't see why Hanley should have to wait to go through the 'usual channels' if he is good enough for the first team.

I don't think Levein will have called him up if he's the kind of player who's going to fade away into obscurity. He obviously considers Hanley and Danny Wilson to be our future CB pairing so why not get them working together from an early age?

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I know what you're saying but at the same time I think you are looking at this through Hibs-tinted glasses mate.

By reaching the first-team at Blackburn Hanley has shown that he has great potential in a Scotland shirt. I very much doubt that Hanlon would've been anywhere near the BR first XI by now and I don't see why Hanley should have to wait to go through the 'usual channels' if he is good enough for the first team.

I don't think Levein will have called him up if he's the kind of player who's going to fade away into obscurity. He obviously considers Hanley and Danny Wilson to be our future CB pairing so why not get them working together from an early age?

In that case, why wasn't Hanley playing alongside Wilson for the under-21s in the last campaign?

Whatever way you cut it, something's not right.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2011, 11:14 AM

FFS! Here we go again! :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
17-03-2011, 11:15 AM

Here we go.

I'll not take the bait but I'm sure others will.

:stirrer:

Frogga
17-03-2011, 11:24 AM
In that case, why wasn't Hanley playing alongside Wilson for the under-21s in the last campaign?

I'm not sure why he wasn't in the u21s but he's not the first (Garry O'Connor skipped the u21s initially).

Only time will tell whether Levein is right on this one but I would've done the same as what he has.

Barney McGrew
17-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Potter's obviously made a massive error in only naming nine defenders.

Who's the midfielder that's going to drop back into the 10-0-0 formation?

Pretty Boy
17-03-2011, 05:09 PM
I've never been a huge fan of the Scotland national team but generally always wanted them to do well. Under Potter i'm finding it's getting to the stage where i really want them to lose.

I wouldn't pay to watch the current team and Brazil have been murder to watch the last few years as well. I was at an Ireland v Brazil game a few years ago that had been hyped up, it was a brutal game, think it finished 0-0. I see no reason why the game at the Emirates will be any different.

BenjiOscar
17-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Looking at it positively, perhaps we can replicate the type of performance we displayed against Northern Ireland when we take on Brazil. I am sure all the players in the squad will be eager to play and show what they can do against world class opponents.

Snodgrass, Morrison, Commons, McArthur might dominate the midfield and keep the ball off Brazil.

With Hutton and Bardsley pushing down the wings putting crosses over for Miller and Scott Brown making late runs into the box, I reckon we could cause real problems for them.

Jim44
17-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Although it's just another friendly which Old Firm players have an unwritten right to opt out of, I think we'll find that these wasters will opt in for this showcase match. I hope Brazil don't run riot. :fibber:

Frazerbob
17-03-2011, 06:04 PM

I think it would be a tad unfair on Kenny Miller to deny him the chance to play against Brazil. He's been a great servant to Scotland, never gives less than 100% and has never withdrawn from a squad in dubious circumstances. Unlike guys like Fergason, Steven Fletccher and Gary O who have all shat on our national side, Kenny miller would walk over hot coals to play for Scotland, regardless who the manager is.

down-the-slope
17-03-2011, 06:25 PM
I think it would be a tad unfair on Kenny Miller to deny him the chance to play against Brazil. He's been a great servant to Scotland, never gives less than 100% and has never withdrawn from a squad in dubious circumstances. Unlike guys like Fergason, Steven Fletccher and Gary O who have all shat on our national side, Kenny miller would walk over hot coals to play for Scotland, regardless who the manager is.

:agree: have to agree..shame there is not a decent foil for him....although we do have a number of midfielders who can play on the hole in the more moderm systems...and recent matches have promised much with width from midfield and attacking full backs..we have a number of exciting youngsters who COULD end up becoming the core of a really decent team in next couple of years

lyonhibs
17-03-2011, 06:31 PM
The football will be an enjoyable distraction from the drinking/catching up with mates for me.

Normally not much of an avid Scottish fan, especially with this plank at the helm, but the chance to see us play Brazil in a great stadium only 90 mins away from home was too much to say no to.

ancient hibee
17-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Looking at it positively, perhaps we can replicate the type of performance we displayed against Northern Ireland when we take on Brazil. I am sure all the players in the squad will be eager to play and show what they can do against world class opponents.

Snodgrass, Morrison, Commons, McArthur might dominate the midfield and keep the ball off Brazil.

With Hutton and Bardsley pushing down the wings putting crosses over for Miller and Scott Brown making late runs into the box, I reckon we could cause real problems for them.
No jokes please.

Removed
17-03-2011, 07:05 PM
No jokes please.

:agree: wouldn't mind a pint of whatever he had

Bristolhibby
17-03-2011, 08:50 PM

Sad, sad man.

Wanting your country to fail, shame on you.

J

Removed
17-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Sad, sad man.

Wanting your country to fail, shame on you.

J

He's not the only one tbh. What is the point in this game anyway apart from cash?

fife hfc
17-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Why no Goodwillie? He has been excellent recently and a better prospect than maguire imho.

Wotherspiniesta
17-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Ok, most of us are guys here.

We all have a shave before we go to work, don't we? More than likely.

So why is it the Scotland manager has decided to not shave anymore? I know its not a fashion statement, he's about 45 years old FFS.

I'm aware that this is petty, but the man is supposed to be representing Scottish football and it shows the class of the guy IMO. Get your head out Pressley, Hartley and all the other Hearts scaff's ***** and have a shave you embarassing tramp.

Removed
17-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Ok, most of us are guys here.

We all have a shave before we go to work, don't we? More than likely.

So why is it the Scotland manager has decided to not shave anymore? I know its not a fashion statement, he's about 45 years old FFS.

I'm aware that this is petty, but the man is supposed to be representing Scottish football and it shows the class of the guy IMO. Get your head out Pressley, Hartley and all the other Hearts scaff's ***** and have a shave you embarassing tramp.

:agree: :top marks

I'd be embarrassed to turn up to my work like that

essexhibee
17-03-2011, 09:43 PM

Why? :confused:

I hate potter and think hes a tool but at the end of the day its my nation and i wouldn't wish an embarrassment upon us for the sake of disliking one person.

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Why no Goodwillie? He has been excellent recently and a better prospect than maguire imho.

Appears that Potter has been told not to pick him due to his legal problems.

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2011, 10:10 PM
He's not the only one tbh. What is the point in this game anyway apart from cash?

What's the point of any game of professional sport?

Sylar
17-03-2011, 10:56 PM
One or two surprising picks, but I don't see who they're at the expense of, whom was massively more deserving of a place :confused:

I think it looks a very encouraging squad and if they play in a similar vein to how they performed against Northern Ireland, then I agree with the poster further up, that it might not be the canter many expect.

I watched the USA play Brazil in a friendly quite recently - Brazil won, but they are far from the footballing majesty they once were.

I'd also seriously doubt that Brazil will be fielding their strongest 11.

--------
17-03-2011, 11:18 PM

I didn't think friendlies 'counted' in that sense.

Didn't McCarthy play for the Republic of Ireland in a friendly? And now he's decided he's Scots after all?

The Green Goblin
18-03-2011, 12:19 AM
With 2 strikers, what happens if one or both of them gets injured - before or during the game? Will we then fall back on the hugely successful tactics Potter employed against the Czechs??

GG

Randerson_4
18-03-2011, 07:47 AM

Danny Wilson went from u19s to Liverpool within a year, obviously promoting to the 21s in the process

Clearly Hanley has just improved this season enough to be pushed right on

Sorry but the Hanlon thing is pathetic - he's a good youngster, but you take off your hibs-tinted glasses off & you'd never be suggesting this

Part/Time Supporter
18-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Danny Wilson went from u19s to Liverpool within a year, obviously promoting to the 21s in the process

Clearly Hanley has just improved this season enough to be pushed right on

Sorry but the Hanlon thing is pathetic - he's a good youngster, but you take off your hibs-tinted glasses off & you'd never be suggesting this

It's little to do with Hanlon - there are other candidates to pick ahead of him (bringing back Webster, maybe Charlie Mulgrew).

My point is I don't see what Hanley has done to merit being vaulted straight from the under-19s to the full squad. Danny Wilson won young player of the year last year and got transferred for a few million. He also played the last few under-21 games alongside Hanlon, so there was a more natural progression with him. There's hardly any evidence to support your contention that Hanley has "pushed on" this season.

H18sry
18-03-2011, 08:17 AM
It's little to do with Hanlon - there are other candidates to pick ahead of him (bringing back Webster, maybe Charlie Mulgrew).

My point is I don't see what Hanley has done to merit being vaulted straight from the under-19s to the full squad. Danny Wilson won young player of the year last year and got transferred for a few million. He also played the last few under-21 games alongside Hanlon, so there was a more natural progression with him. There's hardly any evidence to support your contention that Hanley has "pushed on" this season.
Webster is injured and will be a first pick when fit HP rates him highly, and Mulgrew is pish :agree:

hibsforeurope
18-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Is this game being shown on telly?

H18sry
18-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Is this game being shown on telly?

:agree: ITV

Randerson_4
18-03-2011, 08:38 AM

Let me clarify, I don't fully agree with it - I'm saying clearly in HP's eyes he's jumped from being u19s to first team like he has. That's clearly the logic

Cannot argue if Websters fit, Mulgrew I'm sorry no

Pretty Boy
18-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Webster is injured and will be a first pick when fit HP rates him highly, and Mulgrew is pish :agree:

Easily the most sensible thing that has been said on this thread.:agree:

hibsforeurope
18-03-2011, 08:41 AM
:agree: ITV

Cheers

MUPPET
18-03-2011, 03:56 PM

Here here!

Andy74
18-03-2011, 04:09 PM
With 2 strikers, what happens if one or both of them gets injured - before or during the game? Will we then fall back on the hugely successful tactics Potter employed against the Czechs??

GG

Snodgrass and Naismith can play up front as can Commons. Probbaly one or two others.

How much of the ball do you think Brazil will allow us to attack with though?

sunshine1875
18-03-2011, 04:38 PM

I assume you are then saying "what's the point of Hibs playing Bohemians on a cold Monday night".

The Green Goblin
18-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Snodgrass and Naismith can play up front as can Commons. Probbaly one or two others.

How much of the ball do you think Brazil will allow us to attack with though?

I can`t predict that, obviously, but I can say with confidence that Brazil are very much a flawed and even troubled side right now. That doesn`t mean to say that we`ll beat them, but neither do they deserve to be referred to in the usual glowing terms.

GG

Removed
18-03-2011, 09:06 PM
I assume you are then saying "what's the point of Hibs playing Bohemians on a cold Monday night".

Eh, no. There is an obvious point in that. Try again.

H18sry
18-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Eh, no. There is an obvious point in that. Try again.

The same point as Scotland have playing Brazil then? Or a different point? please explain as both teams are using the friendly for much needed match practise

iwasthere1972
18-03-2011, 09:22 PM
From what I read on here after our Home Nations demolition of Northern Ireland we played like Brazil.

I fancy a Scotland win.

Removed
18-03-2011, 09:25 PM
The same point as Scotland have playing Brazil then? Or a different point? please explain as both teams are using the friendly for much needed match practise

Aye they'll get that all right against Brazil :faf:

That game is about as much use to Scotland as ours was against Barcelona.

And the next qualifier is September!!!! Defo need some match practice now :faf:

You tartan army boys have way too much money to waste.

iwasthere1972
18-03-2011, 09:35 PM

We have games during the last week of May against Wales and Ireland. :wink:

Removed
18-03-2011, 09:43 PM
We have games during the last week of May against Wales and Ireland. :wink:

Oh aye, that big international tournament :faf:

iwasthere1972
18-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh aye, that big international tournament :faf:

England got knocked out in the qualifiers to the Isle of Man.

Dashing Bob S
19-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Would like to see Potter play cautious and maybe a 5-5-0 formation, perhaps nicking a throw-in in the Brazilian half, maybe taking advantage of a misplaced pass by one of the samba boys. Something to give the faithful a little to shout about.

sunshine1875
19-03-2011, 08:35 AM

Scotland play Spain away in the Euros - World Cup winners 2010 FFS. How do you prepare for that - pick another team of similar qualities. Not many around, so if we are invited to play against Brazil I would certainly say yes. We learn more about playing against Brazil than we ever will playing the usual suspects.

The Barcelona example is not similar in this situation. Scotland do have a game in the near future against a team of similar qualities if not better than Brazil. That was not the case when we played Barca.

Next qualifier is September. So - Scotland have to make use of the international week-ends. There are not many of these before September and as per my point above, I would rather Scotland learn in late March and then attempt to put it right by the time of the Euro qualifiers.

If Scotland hadn't arranged this friendly and waited until late August to arrange a friendly, I can foresee 65db stating "what's the point of this game coming just as our SPL games are starting to take off, why couldn't they have arranged it last season".

You tartan army boys have way too much money to waste - what a stupid comment, particularly for a Hibs fan to make. It is what being a fan is all about, supporting your team though the good times (not enough for Hibs and Scotland) and the bad times. There is no logic why I should pay hard earned cash to visit a cold McDairmid Park paying sixty quid for me and the boys to watch my team get beat 5-1. I do it because of support my team. I also support Scotland.

H18sry
19-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Scotland play Spain away in the Euros - World Cup winners 2010 FFS. How do you prepare for that - pick another team of similar qualities. Not many around, so if we are invited to play against Brazil I would certainly say yes. We learn more about playing against Brazil than we ever will playing the usual suspects.

The Barcelona example is not similar in this situation. Scotland do have a game in the near future against a team of similar qualities if not better than Brazil. That was not the case when we played Barca.

Next qualifier is September. So - Scotland have to make use of the international week-ends. There are not many of these before September and as per my point above, I would rather Scotland learn in late March and then attempt to put it right by the time of the Euro qualifiers.

If Scotland hadn't arranged this friendly and waited until late August to arrange a friendly, I can foresee 65db stating "what's the point of this game coming just as our SPL games are starting to take off, why couldn't they have arranged it last season".

You tartan army boys have way too much money to waste - what a stupid comment, particularly for a Hibs fan to make. It is what being a fan is all about, supporting your team though the good times (not enough for Hibs and Scotland) and the bad times. There is no logic why I should pay hard earned cash to visit a cold McDairmid Park paying sixty quid for me and the boys to watch my team get beat 5-1. I do it because of support my team. I also support Scotland.

:top marks

But you will still get the :asshole:'s on here bumping there gum's about Scotland, and it is the same people every time, trying to run their country down,it beggars belief at times :agree: If you don't support Scotland why post on a thread.

brog
19-03-2011, 10:00 AM
A few comments to various posts.
1. HP is our most media savvy manager since Pa Broon. He knows our media are largely stupid & easily intimidated by the trappings of power. That allows HP to talk keek & get away with it. An example was him saying ( last year ) Danny Wilson was playing really well at Liverpool when he vaulted him into the squad. At that time DW had played 2 games, one of which was Liverpool's worst result in decades, a home loss to Northampton!
2. I don't think Fletch sh*t on Scotland, I think he retaliated, perhaps naively for HP basically lying about him. It's Scotland's loss.
3. I went to Brazil/Sweden at Emirates 3 years ago. Was like watching Hamilton/St Mirren & even the so called Brazilian beauties were crap. The fans must have sent their C team also. I forecast Brazil playing at a canter, winning 1-0 & thousands of Scots fans cheering our brave boys off the park. I'm a proud Scot but we'll learn nothing from this game.

hibeemarley
21-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Anyone in the know of how many tickets have been sold so far? Looking forward to this weekend away immensely? Kilt on baws oot :cheers:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Here here!

Apt profile name!

Bristolhibby
21-03-2011, 10:18 PM
So whos going? I am, my Dad and cousin. 3 Hibees in Section 21.

We'll be Coming!!!

J

Wellfan1984
22-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Anyone in the know of how many tickets have been sold so far? Looking forward to this weekend away immensely? Kilt on baws oot :cheers:

For the "Scotland end". Over 40,000

Part/Time Supporter
22-03-2011, 07:43 PM

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/arsenal/details/event.aspx?itemref=4845

seems to be selling pretty well, the north bank was green yesterday but is now yellow (ie limited seats available). Clock end (where the Scotland fans will mostly be) is already pretty full. Only general availability seems to be in the prawn sandwich middle tier and the top section of the north bank. I guess that means somewhere around 45,000.

Wembley67
22-03-2011, 07:53 PM
aye there was.

Hiber-nation
22-03-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm very curious to know why the current Killie number 2 keeper has been brought into the squad rather than the current rangers number 1 keeper.

vanNISHtelroy
22-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Cammy Bell is only the Killie second choice because he got injured and his replacement impressed Mixu. Bell probably impressed at the last squad meet up.

Unfortunately if his contract isn't sorted he could be the Rangers second or third choice next season if the rumours are right.

Hiber-nation
22-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Cammy Bell is only the Killie second choice because he got injured and his replacement impressed Mixu. Bell probably impressed at the last squad meet up.

Unfortunately if his contract isn't sorted he could be the Rangers second or third choice next season if the rumours are right.

Cool, I'm not bothered about it, only curious as I assumed Alexander must have fallen out with our wonderful National manager at some point.

Wakeyhibee
23-03-2011, 06:38 AM
So whos going? I am, my Dad and cousin. 3 Hibees in Section 21.

We'll be Coming!!!

J

My son and I are going, looking forward to this, just hope HP doesn't play the way DBS is suggesting ie 5-5-0 and we give it a go regardless of the outcome.

libernian
23-03-2011, 06:59 AM
apart from cowie (!?!?!) seems ok.

would like to see fletcher but obvious levein doesnt want technically good footballers

am quite happy bout lettin some of the unrpoven guys in tho.. glad snodgrass is in the squad think hes doing well at leeds.

think conway at dundee united also but he must be injured or levein is doing united a favour

THFC6061
23-03-2011, 02:26 PM
I suppose it's a sign of the way modern football has developed that Tottenham Hotspur have more players in the Brazil squad (Gomes and Sandro) than in the Scottish squad (Hutton).

Anyway, good luck to the Scots.

Andy74
23-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I suppose it's a sign of the way modern football has developed that Tottenham Hotspur have more players in the Brazil squad (Gomes and Sandro) than in the Scottish squad (Hutton).

Anyway, good luck to the Scots.

How many Scots were in the Spurs team with the Argentineans in the early 80's? Archibald?

Times haven't changed too much.

THFC6061
23-03-2011, 09:04 PM
How many Scots were in the Spurs team with the Argentineans in the early 80's? Archibald?

Times haven't changed too much.

Spurs have always had more than their fair share of Scots in the team (and managing the club).

Our earliest success came in the 1901 FA Cup when we were still in the Southern League and had a Scottish player-manager - John Cameroon and Alex 'Sandy' Brown set an FA Cup goalscoring record which still stands today some 110 years later.

It was well into the 1930s before Spurs fielded a first team line-up without a single Scot in the team.

Our legendary team in the early to mid-60s contained Dave Mackay, John White, Bill Brown and Alan Gilzean - all outstanding Scottish internationals.

Since then, we've featured players like Graeme Souness, Neil McNab, Alfie Conn, John Duncan, Gordon Smith, Willie Young, Steve Archibald, Alan Brazil, Richard Gough, Colin Calderwood, Gordon Durie, Neil Sullivan and Alan Hutton.

Diclonius
23-03-2011, 10:29 PM
I hate international week. Always will want Scotland to win but the lack of other notable games (and I count England's routine thrashing of some random minnows in that) makes it boring as ****.

Rather see Hibs at home to East Stirlingshire any day.

BEEJ
23-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I hate international week. Always will want Scotland to win but the lack of other notable games (and I count England's routine thrashing of some random minnows in that) makes it boring as ****.

Rather see Hibs at home to East Stirlingshire any day.

With increasing levels of disbelief I'm catching glimpses of the BBC's coverage of the 'build-up' to this friendly fixture. :confused: This includes:

> daily updates on Reporting Scotland on what the Scots players are up to in La Manga (including swinging golf clubs dressed in outrageous attire);
> drama and intrigue on Potter's relaxed stance on the players' alcohol intake (shock, horror!)
> we even have 'Chris McLaughlin's La Manga Diary' on the Sports page of the BBC Scotland website.

Positively rivetting stuff! :greengrin

Removed
23-03-2011, 11:32 PM

With increasing levels of disbelief I'm catching glimpses of the BBC's coverage of the 'build-up' to this friendly fixture. :confused: This includes:

> daily updates on Reporting Scotland on what the Scots players are up to in La Manga (including swinging golf clubs dressed in outrageous attire);
> drama and intrigue on Potter's relaxed stance on the players' alcohol intake (shock, horror!)
> we even have 'Chris McLaughlin's La Manga Diary' on the Sports page of the BBC Scotland website.

Positively rivetting stuff! :greengrin

Has HP had a shave yet :dunno:

Tramp :agree:

DAVE1875
24-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Even though theres no Hibs players in the squad.....

MON SCOTLAND!!!

Hope Levin shaves his mug before hand though

http://ragecomic.appspot.com/packs/troll2/images/TrollDadJump.png

MUPPET
24-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Apt profile name!

I'm Brazilian you Erse.........by the way nice to be nice

Phil MaGlass
24-03-2011, 11:42 AM
I hope he shaves anaw

and hope his ****in heid faws aff efter it.:flag:

Part/Time Supporter
24-03-2011, 01:34 PM
I hope he shaves anaw

and hope his ****in heid faws aff efter it.:flag:

But if that happened, where would he hang all his winners' medals?

MB62
24-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Is the game on the box? If so, what station and what time is kick-off?

H18sry
24-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Is the game on the box? If so, what station and what time is kick-off?

STV Sunday 1330 for a 1400 KO :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2011, 02:41 PM
STV Sunday 1330 for a 1400 KO :wink:

Christ have they cancelled "Highway to Heaven":confused:

PeeJay
24-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Scotland v Brazil - at the Emirates - it's probably been discussed to death somewhere on a thread, but I can't find it so could someone tell me WHY the game is not at Hampden - are we involved in some pointless tournament down there?

H18sry
24-03-2011, 03:25 PM
:yawn::yawn:
Christ have they cancelled "Highway to Heaven":confused:

H18sry
24-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Scotland v Brazil - at the Emirates - it's probably been discussed to death somewhere on a thread, but I can't find it so could someone tell me WHY the game is not at Hampden - are we involved in some pointless tournament down there?

It's Brazil's home game and they have invited us to play them, it suit's them to play in Europe as most of there players are European based. :wink:

PeeJay
24-03-2011, 03:33 PM
It's Brazil's home game and they have invited us to play them, it suit's them to play in Europe as most of there players are European based. :wink:

Cheers - I think that's quite funny - sign of the times, I guess. Wait a minute, most of our squad is English based ...

Part/Time Supporter
24-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Potter is taking the piss now, calling up a League One striker with a Scottish granny while he continues his hissy fit with Fletcher.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9431234.stm

:wtf:

Torontohibee
24-03-2011, 05:17 PM
This Muppet is showing his true colours, calling up a guy from Peterborough and not Riordan who has the most Shots and best on target percentage in the Premier League. He is second top scottish striker behind Goodwillie so why is he not getting a chance.

Ritchie
24-03-2011, 05:23 PM
This Muppet is showing his true colours, calling up a guy from Peterborough and not Riordan who has the most Shots and best on target percentage in the Premier League. He is second top scottish striker behind Goodwillie so why is he not getting a chance.

On current form riordan shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland squad.

PC Stamp
24-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Cos he's not English?

mim
24-03-2011, 05:32 PM
From what I read on here after our Home Nations demolition of Northern Ireland we played like Brazil.

I fancy a Scotland win.

Unfortunately that game was against basically N. Ireland's B team, which is why I lumped on Scotland at 11/10. :wink:

Brazil will be a completely different kettle of Y-fronts. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2011, 06:48 PM
:yawn::yawn:

Thats how I feel about every post you make, very rarely do you have anything Hibs related to post.....

H18sry
24-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Thats how I feel about every post you make, very rarely do you have anything Hibs related to post.....Are you stalking me or my post's you can get help for that.

The thread title is a give away about what a thread is about if you don't like the thread there is no need to read it. :troll:

It may be a Hibs board but there is a multitude of subjects that can be posted about, in the relevant sections :dummytit:

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2011, 07:21 PM
The thread title is a give away about what a thread is about if you don't like the thread there is no need to read it. :troll:

It may be a Hibs board but there is a multitude of subjects that can be posted about, in the relevant sections :dummytit:

I am certainly not a stalker, just aware that most of your posts are NHC.....

Given that the Board is open to everyone, it is my perogative to read and post on what I choose...... Democracy and freedom of speech is still in use I believe

H18sry
24-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I am certainly not a stalker, just aware that most of your posts are NHC.....

Given that the Board is open to everyone, it is my perogative to read and post on what I choose...... Democracy and freedom of speech is still in use I believe
So why troll my post's about Scotland [your national team and the country of your birth who you went to support at France 98] and keep posting snide remarks?

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2011, 07:28 PM
So why troll my post's about Scotland [your national team and the country of your birth who you went to support at France 98] and keep posting snide remarks?

You keep bringing up France 98, thats stalking.... I never went to support Scotland, I went on a stag trip...... I do not have a national team, as again I choose not to follow international football..... I can post snide remarks as indeed you can and do....

H18sry
24-03-2011, 07:32 PM
You keep bringing up France 98, thats stalking.... I never went to support Scotland, I went on a stag trip...... I do not have a national team, as again I choose not to follow international football..... I can post snide remarks as indeed you can and do....

Yeah whatever :aok:

Alfred E Newman
24-03-2011, 07:39 PM
On current form riordan shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland squad.

You might be right but how do we know this guy is any better?

leither17
24-03-2011, 08:25 PM
You might be right but how do we know this guy is any better?

i have seen him play i was at an oldham game a couple of years ago and he scored both goals in a 2-1 win for peterboro different player to riordan but looked the best player on the park that day with george boyd a close second

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-03-2011, 08:44 PM
you Erse.........by the way nice to be nice

Oh the irony!

Frogga
24-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Mackail-Smith has scored 27 goals in a league largely similar to the Spl. Riordan has scored 10.

As much as I like Riordan I think it's a fair call-up.

H18sry
24-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Mackail-Smith has scored 27 goals in a league largely similar to the Spl. Riordan has scored 10.

As much as I like Riordan I think it's a fair call-up.

English 3rd tier is similar to the SPL:rolleyes: your having a laugh :LOL::LOL:

Removed
24-03-2011, 09:27 PM
English 3rd tier is similar to the SPL:rolleyes: your having a laugh :LOL::LOL:

Serious question and not a snide pop at any one in particular Ronnie but as a card carrying member of the TA how do you feel about all these call up's using the 'rules', and I don't just mean the recent ones, there have been quite a few pre Potter as well.

easty
24-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Serious question and not a snide pop at any one in particular Ronnie but as a card carrying member of the TA how do you feel about all these call up's using the 'rules', and I don't just mean the recent ones, there have been quite a few pre Potter as well.

I'm really glad that England aren't in this Home Nations tournament, regardless of the result, the fact we'd played them with a team strewn with their reserves would be a disgrace.

Imagine lining up with Gilks, Bardsley, Morrison, Makail Smith and Makie in the team. Farce.

Are we going to win the world cup? No. I'd rather fail with Scotish players than fail with English rejects who only accept the call up because they're never going to get in the England squad.

California-Hibs
24-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Is there anyone on this forum travelling by bus to the game? And if so do you know of a spare seat available?

clerriehibs
24-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm really glad that England aren't in this Home Nations tournament, regardless of the result, the fact we'd played them with a team strewn with their reserves would be a disgrace.

Imagine lining up with Gilks, Bardsley, Morrison, Makail Smith and Makie in the team. Farce.

Are we going to win the world cup? No. I'd rather fail with Scotish players than fail with English rejects who only accept the call up because they're never going to get in the England squad.

:not worth
:top marks

heretoday
24-03-2011, 09:57 PM
There seems to be more speculation in the media about whether the Scotland squad can rein in the wild, untamed side of their natures and keep out of the pub than about the game itself.

The game is pointless anyway so I reckon this whole exercise is embarrassing.

Scott Brown does have a natty golfing outfit, however, and a great swing.

Frazerbob
24-03-2011, 10:09 PM

As another card carrier, I'll answer if I may. I'd love us to have a team of Scottish born and bred World beaters, unfortunately we don't. Most of our competitors use these rules, indeed some countries abuse the rules by using dual nationalities of players from former republics. France & Portugal being prime examples. Look at Ireland, they have two Scots in their current squad who would walk into our squad.

If the rules state you can go back as far as grand parents, it would be wrong of the SFA not to use that rule. We have had some fantastic players who you would not consider born and bred Scots. Goram, McCall, Hutcheson, Gough to name a few. Commons in the current squad is on fire at the moment. Nobody complains about these players. However, we've also had some utter garbage....too many to mention!

So, stop calling up the average Joes but use the rule to find players who maybe wouldn't make the English team but will enhance the Scottish team. Just get them drilled to at least sound like they feel honoured to play for us, not tell everyone we are second choice.

H18sry
24-03-2011, 10:12 PM

I don't like it, most Scotland fan's don't like it but what are we meant to do? Stop supporting our team because you don't like the players that are being picked, unfortunately football supporters fall in love with there club/country and support them through rain or shine.

easty
24-03-2011, 10:21 PM
As another card carrier, I'll answer if I may. I'd love us to have a team of Scottish born and bred World beaters, unfortunately we don't. Most of our competitors use these rules, indeed some countries abuse the rules by using dual nationalities of players from former republics. France & Portugal being prime examples. Look at Ireland, they have two Scots in their current squad who would walk into our squad.

If the rules state you can go back as far as grand parents, it would be wrong of the SFA not to use that rule. We have had some fantastic players who you would not consider born and bred Scots. Goram, McCall, Hutcheson, Gough to name a few. Commons in the current squad is on fire at the moment. Nobody complains about these players. However, we've also had some utter garbage....too many to mention!

So, stop calling up the average Joes but use the rule to find players who maybe wouldn't make the English team but will enhance the Scottish team. Just get them drilled to at least sound like they feel honoured to play for us, not tell everyone we are second choice.

Just because the others are doing it doesnt mean we have to. Sounds like the bloody MP's expenses saga....everyone was doing it so nobody realised it was a disgrace.

And besides, we call up English players not deemed good enough for the England full team! I could be wrong here but, haven't England been calling up the best players at thier disposal for the last 50 years without actually winning anything? And we're happy with thier left-overs?

Frazerbob
24-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Just because the others are doing it doesnt mean we have to. Sounds like the bloody MP's expenses saga....everyone was doing it so nobody realised it was a disgrace.

And besides, we call up English players not deemed good enough for the England full team! I could be wrong here but, haven't England been calling up the best players at thier disposal for the last 50 years without actually winning anything? And we're happy with thier left-overs?

As I said, I'd love to have a team of Scottish born and bred World beaters but we don't. Anyone with a Scottish grand parent is eligable to play for Scotland. If they are better than we have and THEY WANT TO PLAY FOR SCOTLAND then that's fine by me.

We are far enough down the rankins without giving ourselves a hadicap by choosing not to use the rules that everyone else is using.

jbwhibs70
24-03-2011, 10:31 PM
I cannot put into words the hatred I feel tonight for Craig Levin the man is an utter cretin. He has called up a peterbourgh striker 27 years old,born in england with a scottish granny probably never even been in scotland and has ignored one of the best strikers the SPL has ever seen our deek .

Saorsa
24-03-2011, 10:39 PM
As I said, I'd love to have a team of Scottish born and bred World beaters but we don't. Anyone with a Scottish grand parent is eligable to play for Scotland. If they are better than we have and THEY WANT TO PLAY FOR SCOTLAND then that's fine by me.

We are far enough down the rankins without giving ourselves a hadicap by choosing not to use the rules that everyone else is using.You're right, while everybody else is using it tae their advantage so must we. It's the rules that are wanting changed IMO. As far as I'm concerned it should be yours or your parents country of birth and nothing more.

Frazerbob
24-03-2011, 10:40 PM
You're right, while everybody else is using it tae their advantage so must we. It's the rules that are wanting changed IMO. As far as I'm concerned it should be yours or your parents country of birth and nothing more.

Totally agree. :agree:

Frazerbob
24-03-2011, 10:46 PM
There seems to be more speculation in the media about whether the Scotland squad can rein in the wild, untamed side of their natures and keep out of the pub than about the game itself.

The game is pointless anyway so I reckon this whole exercise is embarrassing.

Scott Brown does have a natty golfing outfit, however, and a great swing.

Why is it pointless?

The SFA arrange friendlies for three reasons:

1. Practice for up coming matches
2. For ranking points to hopefully help us in the quest for qualification
3. Commercial reason - they have to balance the books like everyone else

This game fullfills reasons 1 & 3.

We play Spain away in a qualifier in a few months. They are an even better side than Brazil and therefor this game is great preperations for that game. I'm also sure we are getting a fairly healthy wedge from the company that is organising the game.

So, it's actually a bit of a no brainer accepting the invite to play this game. Also a great day out for the long suffering fans.....everyone's a winner!

easty
24-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Totally agree. :agree:

Well.....seeing as he was agreeing with your post.....that's not a surprise is it..:rolleyes::greengrin

Frazerbob
24-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Well.....seeing as he was agreeing with your post.....that's not a surprise is it..:rolleyes::greengrin

I was agreeing that the rules should be changed to parents rather than grand parents........which I hadn't mentioned in any of my posts. That OK with you?

Diclonius
24-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Even more incredulously, why is he picking him over David Goodwillie - easily the best Scottish striker in the SPL?

Part/Time Supporter
24-03-2011, 11:01 PM

Or worse, many countries use naturalised citizens as players

eg1 Eduardo --> Croatia (after playing in Croatia for three years, two as a youth)
eg2 Deco --> Portugal (by playing in Portugal professionally for six years)
eg3 John Barnes --> England (Barnes was first capped by England aged 19, he only moved to London from Jamaica aged 13)

Hell, even the brilliant Spanish used Marcos Senna (granted Spanish citizenship after playing for Villarreal for four years) in their regular lineup in Euro 2008. The simple fact is that international football has to legally follow citizenship, otherwise it would be successfully challenged in court as discrimination. We have this "granny rule" in the UK as a proxy for citizenship, partly because the Irish Republic automatically gives citizenship to anyone with an Irish (including Northern Ireland) grandparent. There's no way around it. Although it would help if Levein didn't carry grudges against one of the few halfway decent strikers we have got (albeit S. Fletcher was born in England himself!).

Allant1981
24-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I cannot put into words the hatred I feel tonight for Craig Levin the man is an utter cretin. He has called up a peterbourgh striker 27 years old,born in england with a scottish granny probably never even been in scotland and has ignored one of the best strikers the SPL has ever seen our deek .

Who has he picked? wasnt there someone from peterbourgh called up before? Might be the same guy

Part/Time Supporter
24-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Who has he picked? wasnt there someone from peterbourgh called up before? Might be the same guy

George Boyd. Burley picked him for a Scotland B game

Having seen Peterborough once (nothing like an instant judgement!) I could just about see Mackail-Smith playing at a higher level - good pace, eye for goal. Boyd struck me as a lazier and less effective version of Riordan.

Jim44
24-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Levein should be charged with 'bringing the game into disrepute'. He is by far the most disreputable person to hold the position of manager of the national team. How low can they scoop?

Cabbage East
25-03-2011, 07:53 AM
An unheard of striker playing in a second tier league picked ahead of two obviously talented, proven goalscorers in Riordan and to a lesser extent, Goodwillie.

****** off Levein you corrupt Hearts mutant.

H18sry
25-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Levein should be charged with 'bringing the game into disrepute'. He is by far the most disreputable person to hold the position of manager of the national team. How low can they scoop?

Whilst not agreeing with his selection of CMS, why is he brining the game into disrepute? [I don't want him as Scotland manager either]

Posh Swanny
25-03-2011, 08:06 AM
I'll leave the Riordan debate to you guys, but I can tell you now that Mackail-Smith is playing so far below his level in League One and at Peterborough (sadly) that it is a big surprise to many Posh fans that he is still there. We turned down a £3m bid from Norwich last week and there is zero chance of him staying beyond the summer.

We all go on about wanting to see players with a high work-rate and lots of passion? You've never seen anything like CMS. The guy makes you tired just watching him and he has SERIOUS pace. Until this season he has had a tendancy to miss more chances than he scores, but something has clicked this year and he has added lethal finishing to the rest of his game. And he's one of football's proper good guys to boot.

He is irreplaceable to Peterborough, will be playing for a top Championship side or Premier League side next season, and will be a good addition to the Scotland squad.

About as Scottish as I am mind (though I probably qualify through residency by now!)

easty
25-03-2011, 09:03 AM
I'll leave the Riordan debate to you guys, but I can tell you now that Mackail-Smith is playing so far below his level in League One and at Peterborough (sadly) that it is a big surprise to many Posh fans that he is still there. We turned down a £3m bid from Norwich last week and there is zero chance of him staying beyond the summer.

We all go on about wanting to see players with a high work-rate and lots of passion? You've never seen anything like CMS. The guy makes you tired just watching him and he has SERIOUS pace. Until this season he has had a tendancy to miss more chances than he scores, but something has clicked this year and he has added lethal finishing to the rest of his game. And he's one of football's proper good guys to boot.

He is irreplaceable to Peterborough, will be playing for a top Championship side or Premier League side next season, and will be a good addition to the Scotland squad.

About as Scottish as I am mind (though I probably qualify through residency by now!)

He didnt score too many goals in the Championship though did he. Seems to me he's playing at his level.

Did yous actually reject a £3m bid, or is that just rumour? Can't imagine League 1 sides knock back that amount of money often.

Posh Swanny
25-03-2011, 10:42 AM
He didnt score too many goals in the Championship though did he. Seems to me he's playing at his level.

Did yous actually reject a £3m bid, or is that just rumour? Can't imagine League 1 sides knock back that amount of money often.

Believe me, Poshies would love nothing more than League One with Posh to be his level. He didn't score goals galore in the Championship but still managed to reach double figures in a team that was all but relegated by the end of February. But as I said: "Until this season he has had a tendancy to miss more chances than he scores, but something has clicked this year and he has added lethal finishing to the rest of his game."

And we kind of turned down £3m, the deal was worth £3m - it was something like £1.5m up front with another £1.5m with add-ons. Our chairman decided that promotion to the Championship would be worth more. If he plays (well) for Scotland it will likely prove a decent decision either way as his value will only go one way.

easty
25-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Believe me, Poshies would love nothing more than League One with Posh to be his level. He didn't score goals galore in the Championship but still managed to reach double figures in a team that was all but relegated by the end of February. But as I said: "Until this season he has had a tendancy to miss more chances than he scores, but something has clicked this year and he has added lethal finishing to the rest of his game."

And we kind of turned down £3m, the deal was worth £3m - it was something like £1.5m up front with another £1.5m with add-ons. Our chairman decided that promotion to the Championship would be worth more. If he plays (well) for Scotland it will likely prove a decent decision either way as his value will only go one way.

Fair enough. Tell you what though, he banged them in for me in my Fifa 11 career game with Peterbrough.

Hopefully he doesn't get a game for Scotland anyway, sorry if thay means his value doesn't go up! :greengrin

clerriehibs
25-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Why no Griffiths? A prolific scorer with Dundee, now at Wolves, an English Permierleague team.

Could it be thevein doesn't want to upset his arab sycophants, because of Griffith's Dundee connection? Or that he doesn't want to upset his jambo toadys, because of Griffith's Hibs connections?

Thevein is being very careful to keep his future options open (back at the arabs or back at hearts would appear to be his favoured options), because he just knows his time at the scotland helm won't be measured in years.

The man's a clown.

Wotherspiniesta
25-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Has HP had a shave yet :dunno:

Tramp :agree:

No.

He's trimmed his beard down a bit though. Must think he's cool enough to not shave and can get away with calling it "designer stubble"

I was going to say surely we could all throw in 20p or so and contribute to a gillette fusion pro-glide. But I don't think I'd be comfortable with him feeling such a smooth gliding affect.

No, I'd say either a penny each for a bic razor, or even just pin him down and shear him with shards of glass.

The best a tramp can get :agree:

lyonhibs
25-03-2011, 08:13 PM
No.

He's trimmed his beard down a bit though. Must think he's cool enough to not shave and can get away with calling it "designer stubble"

I was going to say surely we could all throw in 20p or so and contribute to a gillette fusion pro-glide. But I don't think I'd be comfortable with him feeling such a smooth gliding affect.

No, I'd say either a penny each for a bic razor, or even just pin him down and shear him with shards of glass.

The best a tramp can get :agree:

:faf::faf:

It's only a bit of stubble FFS.

I'm more worried that his intractable Jambo ways mean that he'll always favour work horses over anyone with a bit of "X Factor" or character.

Wotherspiniesta
26-03-2011, 11:37 AM
On reflection, I must sympathise with him.

It must be hard to shave when you're a mutantyam with no thumbs.

Sylar
27-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Starting XI:

McGregor
Hutton Caldwell Berra Crainey
Adam
Brown Morrison McCarthur Whittaker
Miller

I'm amazed Kris Commons isn't in the starting 11, as he's been in sensational form of late. I also hoped (but wasn't really expecting) he'd give Snodgrass a start, as he was absolutely sensational when he came on against Northern Ireland.

Still, a few options I guess - it is quite an attack minded midfield. I'd have replaced Crainey with Whittaker and put Commons in midfield, but other than that, it looks solid enough.

DarlingtonHibee
27-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Starting XI:

McGregor
Hutton Caldwell Berra Crainey
Adam
Brown Morrison McCarthur Whittaker
Miller

I'm amazed Kris Commons isn't in the starting 11, as he's been in sensational form of late. I also hoped (but wasn't really expecting) he'd give Snodgrass a start, as he was absolutely sensational when he came on against Northern Ireland.

Still, a few options I guess - it is quite an attack minded midfield. I'd have replaced Crainey with Whittaker and put Commons in midfield, but other than that, it looks solid enough.

Sorry if this has been asked before - is it on the box- cant see it on the Sky listings.