PDA

View Full Version : S.C. Preference, Why are Arabs playing SPL tonight?

MB62
16-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Ok, so I understand that Scottish Cup ties take preference over SPL games, hence our game being postponened tonight. What I don't understand is why the Arabs are then playing the Yams tonight when they have a Scottish Cup game to play against Motherwell.
Is it a different rule for replays?

TamHibs
16-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Ok, so I understand that Scottish Cup ties take preference over SPL games, hence our game being postponened tonight. What I don't understand is why the Arabs are then playing the Yams tonight when they have a Scottish Cup game to play against Motherwell.
Is it a different rule for replays?

I'm pretty sure there are designated replay dates.

Arch Stanton
16-03-2011, 10:01 AM

Talk about ruining a pretty decent conspiracy theory. :bitchy:

TamHibs
16-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Talk about ruining a pretty decent conspiracy theory. :bitchy:

:D

.Sean.
16-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Because of Hearts' 'special relationship' with the Big Cup, i'm led to believe they call the shots regarding postponments and the scheduling of replays. FJK wanted a match tonight so Motherwell have been put on the back burner to accomodate fatties wishes.

Moulin Yarns
16-03-2011, 12:59 PM

That doesn't explain why the Aberdeen v St Mirren replay is tonight, St Johnstone v Brechin replay is the 22nd, and the Dundee Utd v Motherwell replay is the 30th :confused: Obviously the clubs can choose whenever they like.

allezsauzee
16-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Celtic didn't fancy playing an in-form team, they shat it...simples!

H18sry
16-03-2011, 01:33 PM
That doesn't explain why the Aberdeen v St Mirren replay is tonight, St Johnstone v Brechin replay is the 22nd, and the Dundee Utd v Motherwell replay is the 30th :confused: Obviously the clubs can choose whenever they like.

They had planned for a replay before the 1st tie and had advised the relevant authorities about it, therefore the police and the likes have given permission for it :wink:

HibbyAndy
16-03-2011, 01:56 PM

:agree:

Big Frank
16-03-2011, 02:22 PM

:greengrin