PDA

View Full Version : Next Season Signings..

since90plustwo
15-03-2011, 10:18 PM
realisticly, who would you like the club to sign?

Col2
15-03-2011, 10:23 PM
realisticly, who would you like the club to sign?

Sproule
John Sutton
Garry O'Connor
Gomis - Dundee Utd
Quality centre half
Towell on Perm Basis

hibsfan7
15-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Messi
xavi
rooney
towell permenant

Sir David Gray
15-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Messi
xavi
rooney
towell permenant

Don't be silly.

Celtic would never allow Towell to sign a permanent deal with us.

:wink:

SteveHFC
15-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Adam Rooney
Danny Swanson
Rory McAllister
Big Center-Half

Sodje_18
16-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Big commanding centre half
Ivan Sproule
Adam Rooney
John Sutton
Towell on a perm. basis
and Danny Swanson :greengrin

brydekirk
16-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Adam Rooney
Danny Swanson
Rory McAllister
Big Center-Half
:agree:

steakbake
16-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Sproule
John Sutton
Garry O'Connor
Gomis - Dundee Utd
Quality centre half
Towell on Perm Basis

Yesterday's men.

Agree with the others but I doubt we'd get John Sutton. I think Gomis is near the end of his contract?

weecounty hibby
16-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Judging by the January signings I would not expect to see any of these guys at ER. I think it will be more likely that we see more young up and coming players from England.

perthhibs
16-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Murray Davidson
Adam Rooney
Towell

Purehibee_MYB
16-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Towell
Rooney
Conway

stokesmessiah
16-03-2011, 10:07 AM
I would love to see us getting;

Conway
Swanson
Rooney
Big CH who puts all his teeth in a glass before taking to the pitch and puts a bandage on his head in advance.

Although i agree with an earlier poster that we will are more likely to see guys coming in that perhaps we have no all heard of.

R'Albin
16-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Judging by the January signings I would not expect to see any of these guys at ER. I think it will be more likely that we see more young up and coming players from England.
:agree:

M11BMO
16-03-2011, 10:57 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3470242/Chase-is-on-for-axed-Bell.html

aberhibsfc
16-03-2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3470242/Chase-is-on-for-axed-Bell.html

Situation brewing there, not just dropped, his contract is running down. One of the best Scottish GK's around at the moment. We have 5 but don't where we're going with them. I'd happily lose 2-3 if we could sign this lad up.

Back in the real world doubt very much we'd be in the running due to competition and potential wages available.

HibbyAndy
16-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Adam Rooney and John Sutton, Yes John Sutton, When's the last time we had a striker that scores goals with his head? Whens the last time we actually scored a goal with a header?

Excellent for corner kicks and set- pieces in and around the box, Proven SPL goalscorer and id imagine in the budget.

Whats not to like.

soupy
16-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Prob the hoggster against killie but don't know...

woodythehibee
16-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Mcguire out of contract at the sheep!

HibbyAndy
16-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Prob the hoggster against killie but don't know...

2 peaches anaw Cha i remember it well :greengrin

MB62
16-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Adam Rooney and John Sutton, Yes John Sutton, When's the last time we had a striker that scores goals with his head? Whens the last time we actually scored a goal with a header?Excellent for corner kicks and set- pieces in and around the box, Proven SPL goalscorer and id imagine in the budget.

Whats not to like.

Hanlon against St. Mirren?

Totally agree with Sutton, in fact would take both 'Well strikers, but Sutton's contract is up in August and I would be more than interested in signing him up.

HibbyAndy
16-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Hanlon against St. Mirren?

Totally agree with Sutton, in fact would take both 'Well strikers, but Sutton's contract is up in August and I would be more than interested in signing him up.

Was it no Dickoh :greengrin

HibbyKeith
16-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Dickoh against St. Mirren?

fixed that for you :wink:

Edit* Damn you andy ... must learn to type faster.

HibeeMackenzie
16-03-2011, 04:15 PM
John Sutton
Craig Conway
Liam Craig
Towell (permanent)
Danny Swanson

DAVE1875
16-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Craig Conway
Danny Swanson
Murray Davidson
Adam Rooney

Would've said Marian Kello but I didn't because a. I be shot down like a burning Spitfire and b. There's no way the Yams would let him go to Hibs

R'Albin
16-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Mcguire out of contract at the sheep!

Think its something to with his age but for some reason even though he's out of contract aberdeen are gonna get at least 400k(I think) for him cannae mind what the rule is .

wazoo1875
16-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Think its something to with his age but for some reason even though he's out of contract aberdeen are gonna get at least 400k(I think) for him cannae mind what the rule is .

Not 100% sure how it works but if he moves south would Aberdeen receive anything for him at all?
Mind the stink the Clayton Donaldson transfer to us caused

wazoo1875
16-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Meant to say I'd love to see Conway at hibs more than any of the others mentioned, he's a cracking player but I think we'd be somewhat outmuscled in the wages department.
I'll trust whomever CC brings in, his last lot of signings seem to have been pretty shrewd.

ancient hibee
16-03-2011, 05:22 PM
2 or 3 from Arsenal and Liverpool reserves on loan.

DH1875
16-03-2011, 05:27 PM

I'm sure if he moves down south the get nowt.
I'd like Gomis and Bauben from Utd and I'm sure at least one of them is out of contract. Also like Humphry at Motherwell and we should do a swap deal for De Graff.
Don't get the Sutton thing though. Plenty of better players out there.

Bayern Bru
16-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Judging by the mice thread, a cat.

PISTOL1875
16-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Sproule
John Sutton
Garry O'Connor
Gomis - Dundee Utd
Quality centre half
Towell on Perm Basis

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Liams
16-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Realistically i wouldn't mind getting one of the Paixao twins (even thou they might not seem like a hibs standard of player) or Adam Rooney

hibee1875
16-03-2011, 07:41 PM
pointless thread :taxi

who'd ever predicted we would have signed Thornhill, Scott, Palsson, Soje or Towel?

West Upper
16-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Danny Swanson
Adam Rooney
Murray Davidson
Towell (Permanent)

Makaveli
16-03-2011, 08:15 PM
pointless thread :taxi

who'd ever predicted we would have signed Thornhill, Scott, Palsson, Soje or Towel?

True in a way, but then those are the three kinds of signings we'll likely see:

Scott - best player from a smaller club
Palsson/Towell - reserve players from a bigger club
Thornhill/Sodje - bit part players who CC knows from England and thinks could do a job.

Divis was out of the blue, and it seems he's still there.

We won't be signing teams like Dundee United and Aberdeen's best players though; free or not. I also think the policy of signing relatively big-name underachievers like Stokes, Miller and arguably Stack has probably passed.

frazeHFC
16-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I would like to see us go for Bell, Rooney etc but i can see them going down South.

But some players i would love to see us go for:

Bell
Towell
Conway
Swanson
McGuire
Rooney
Sutton

And i think Dickoh and Hanlon have done great but i don't always have faith in Dickoh so maybe another CB as strong competition.

Franck is God
17-03-2011, 11:23 AM
I would expect the majority of our summer signings to come from the English leagues given CC's background and experience as a manager.

Saying that I'm sure a few players in the SPL will have caught his eye and I would also think that Adams will have made a few suggestions too.

Hoping that the type of player arriving in the summer have a more creative side to their game, the players that signed in January brought steel and workrate to quite a weak team.

I think a contract will be offered to Adam Rooney, in fact there probably already has been.

Vaz Te is effectively on trial right now and must have a chance of a longer contract if he does well.

I doubt if we'll have even heard of the rest that come in which is no bad thing.