PDA

View Full Version : NHC Eric Abidal

steviecarnie
15-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Just been announced Eric Abidal diagnosed with Tumour in the liver..... was immense against arsenal as well!!!

IWasThere2016
15-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Just been announced Eric Abidal diagnosed with Tumour in the liver..... was immense against arsenal as well!!!

Aye - just heard on TalkSPORT. Sad.

Teo10
15-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Just read that on twitter, jeese! That is very sad news to hear. As TQM said, he was outstanding against Arsenal!

Hibercelona
15-03-2011, 09:41 PM
What does this mean then exactly? :confused:

Can't they remove it without damaging his liver. :dunno:

Scooter
15-03-2011, 10:24 PM

i dont know anything about this story. but a human can lose half a liver and be fine. The liver is the only organ in the human body that grows back. Those 7 seasons of [H]ouse have come in handy :greengrin

Hibercelona
15-03-2011, 10:28 PM
i dont know anything about this story. but a human can lose half a liver and be fine. The liver is the only organ in the human body that grows back. Those 7 seasons of [H]ouse have come in handy :greengrin

:greengrin

Well hopefully its not as bad as it sounds. :agree:

steviecarnie
15-03-2011, 10:37 PM

having op on friday, however i dont think removing a liver would be the best idea in prolonging his playing career*.

(im not 100% sure what the liver does but its a pretty major job im sure)

SRHibs
15-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately, I think the survival rate for liver cancer is extremely low. I'd imagine he's got a long road ahead of him.

Here's hoping he pulls through.

The Green Goblin
15-03-2011, 10:40 PM
having op on friday, however i dont think removing a liver would be the best idea in prolonging his playing career*.

(im not 100% sure what the liver does but its a pretty major job im sure)

I think that basically, it filters out toxins and prevents harmful substances from going round the body. That`s why alcohol affects it so much. Someone will surely correct me if I am wrong.

GG

steviecarnie
15-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Unfortunately, I think the survival rate for liver cancer is extremely low. I'd imagine he's got a long road ahead of him.

Here's hoping he pulls through.

from Guillem Balague's Twitter.

It's been reported Abidal's op is done very often and tumor benign. And that he'll return in 5-6 weeks.

Scooter
15-03-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/type/liver-cancer/

hibeemikey21
15-03-2011, 10:49 PM
The other thing to keep in mind is that the prognosis is bad for everyday people, who often get diagnosed quite late on. I would imagine footballers would be monitored and screened for stuff quite regularly and that he may well have caught it nice and early. Fingers crossed for the guy.

SRHibs
15-03-2011, 11:28 PM
from Guillem Balague's Twitter.

It's been reported Abidal's op is done very often and tumor benign. And that he'll return in 5-6 weeks.

:thumbsup:

Great news for him.

Hibercelona
15-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Is the tumour actually cancerous though? :confused:

Sylar
16-03-2011, 07:25 AM
He's been immense for Barcelona this season, so hopefully it will be a straightforward procedure and he's back playing again at some point.

Powerful going forward, good passer of the ball, good cover at CH for Pique or Puyol.

They have adequate backup in Maxwell, but I reckon they'll sign another wing back as cover.

frazeHFC
16-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Shocked when i heard this today, hope he recovers soon.

jane_says
16-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Is the tumour actually cancerous though? :confused:

exactly mate, it's not as far as i know, still shocking considering he's at the top level of his profession and so young, scary.

Randerson_4
16-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Shocking to hear & read about this last night - as was said it was all over Twitter!

Noticed @ end of Real game some/most players I seen had tshirts with 'amino Abidal'?! Lovely touch from players of both sides I must add - noticed Cris(Lyon) & Ramos/Marcelo (Real)

Wotherspiniesta
17-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Shocking to hear & read about this last night - as was said it was all over Twitter!

Noticed @ end of Real game some/most players I seen had tshirts with 'amino Abidal'?! Lovely touch from players of both sides I must add - noticed Cris(Lyon) & Ramos/Marcelo (Real)

Did it 'Nawam Cris' on the back?