PDA

View Full Version : Friendly next Monday night? (Hibs v Bohemians - Confirmed)

scoopyboy
14-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Anyone heard anything?

Diclonius
14-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Another one? :wink:

scoopyboy
14-03-2011, 06:02 PM
First I've mentioned but I hear what you are saying.

skyehibee
14-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Aston Villa Reserves :wink:

scoopyboy
14-03-2011, 06:38 PM

It was more of a team from a land beyond the sea.

1two
14-03-2011, 06:39 PM

Dunfermline?

Billy Whizz
14-03-2011, 06:39 PM

Malaga away would be great!

DH1875
14-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Honestly, what is the point :sairhead:.

scoopyboy
14-03-2011, 06:45 PM

The original post should really give you a clue.

1two
14-03-2011, 06:45 PM

Cos we don't have a game till the 2nd April so need to keep things ticking over!
At least that's what CC said after the villa game!

Removed
14-03-2011, 06:46 PM

The point is ensuring our team stay match fit ahead of the derby :agree: and giving a run out to the subbies

Diclonius
14-03-2011, 06:49 PM

Aston Villarreal?

scoopyboy
14-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Aston Villarreal?

I was kinda hoping that someone would've came up with what I'd heard but nothing so far so its cards on the table time and looking stupid if its wrong.

Hibs v. Bohemians at Easter Road next Monday night.

Feel free to shoot the messanger.

Barney McGrew
14-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I was kinda hoping that someone would've came up with what I'd heard but nothing so far so its cards on the table time and looking stupid if its wrong.

Fingers crossed it's right Scoops, that would be a decent match

seanraff07
14-03-2011, 07:10 PM

Closed doors or can we go to it?

scoopyboy
14-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Closed doors or can we go to it?

Hoping its open to all who want to go.

If I'm right I would imagine Hibs would have to announce it soon.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2011, 07:16 PM

:thumbsup:

Bohemians are my 'Irish team'. Would love this to happen.

scoopyboy
14-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Bohemians are my 'Irish team'. Would love this to happen.

I have checked their website PB and going by their fixture list it is possible.

Their league matches are on Fridays and they have a cup tie on Monday 28th so Monday 21st seems plausible.

Time will tell.

frazeHFC
14-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Hopefully it's true, i could actually see a decent turnout as i am hating this massive wait between games.

Billy Whizz
14-03-2011, 08:15 PM
I have checked their website PB and going by their fixture list it is possible.

Their league matches are on Fridays and they have a cup tie on Monday 28th so Monday 21st seems plausible.

Time will tell.

You must have good sources!

mim
14-03-2011, 09:22 PM
You must have good sources!

He aint called scoopyboy for nowt. :wink:

iwasthere1972
15-03-2011, 12:53 AM
He aint called scoopyboy for nowt. :wink:

Does he have a dug?

poolman
15-03-2011, 10:54 AM

A Monday night rhapsody :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Cos we don't have a game till the 2nd April so need to keep things ticking over!
At least that's what CC said after the villa game!

I think he was getting a bit carried away with himself when he said that though.

Ireallywasthere
15-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Def going ahead. Should be on official site soon

hibee_jacksta
15-03-2011, 02:10 PM
On the official site now: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/

Hopefully a decent turnout, already seems too long since we've played!

gringojoe
15-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Fishal site say 21 April!

Moulin Yarns
15-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Fishal site say 21 April!

Somebody better tell the ticket office :greengrin

They've sorted it now.

Gatecrasher
15-03-2011, 02:32 PM
About time we got some football on the go!

Pretty Boy
15-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Can't wait.

Bohemians are a decent side so it should be a good run out. Just be good to see a game of football again.

Sir David Gray
15-03-2011, 02:46 PM
£10 for a game that is effectively a bounce match, to help keep the players' match fitness levels up, is too much.

The price for this match should be no more than £5 with current season ticket holders, as well as new season ticket holders who have bought their season ticket already for 2011/12, getting in for nothing as a small way of thanking them for helping to add about 3,000 onto the attendance for the recent Inverness game (Green Day), for sticking by the team during an absolutely horrendous season and for renewing early and therefore giving Colin Calderwood some much needed funds for the summer transfer window.

All in my opinion, of course.

smurf
15-03-2011, 02:50 PM
£10 for a game that is effectively a bounce match, to help keep the players' match fitness levels up, is too much.

The price for this match should be no more than £5 with current season ticket holders, as well as new season ticket holders who have bought their season ticket already for 2011/12, getting in for nothing as a small way of thanking them for helping to add about 3,000 onto the attendance for the recent Inverness game (Green Day), for sticking by the team during an absolutely horrendous season and for renewing early and therefore giving Colin Calderwood some much needed funds for the summer transfer window.

I agree. A tenner seems excessive to me...

I reckon 3-4000 will turn out whereas a fiver would have generated double.

Missed opportunity to build on 'Green Day' I think.

Westie1875
15-03-2011, 02:57 PM
I have no complaints with the price, tenner seems reasonable to me, the club need to make sure they cover their costs.

Billy Whizz
15-03-2011, 03:36 PM

There's always someone unhappy.
I my opinion Hibs should be congratulated in pulling this off so quickly!!

.Sean.
15-03-2011, 03:41 PM
A tenner for a Monday night kickabout against Irish part-timers?

Hibernia Na Eir
15-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Was thinking the same!

HibeeSince85
15-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Cheers for the info Scoop.

Looking forward to a game, a month before playing the **** was too much.

Hibernia Na Eir
15-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Can't wait.

Bohemians are a decent side so it should be a good run out. Just be good to see a game of football again.

Will this not be a pre-season game for Bohs as they play Summer football?

Hibbie_Cameron
15-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Regarding the price, a tenner is about right imo. They will no doubt have to pay a small sum to Bohemians for coming over, policing, food and all the usual match day costs must be met.

I fancy going along but if i cant rearrange somethings then its hardly the end of the world

Moulin Yarns
15-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Will this not be a pre-season game for Bohs as they play Summer football?

They are 2 games into their season.

Gatecrasher
15-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Regarding the price, a tenner is about right imo. They will no doubt have to pay a small sum to Bohemians for coming over, policing, food and all the usual match day costs must be met.

I fancy going along but if i cant rearrange somethings then its hardly the end of the world

Agree with the above, £10 is cheap these days and with the costs of putting on the game I won't grudge Hibs a tenner, moaning for the sake of it IMO

BEEJ
15-03-2011, 04:06 PM

:agree: Spot on! Expenses to be covered and these prices probably won't cover them all.

'Green Day' seems to have created an unrealistic sense of expectation / entitlement to more free footie at ER.

greenlex
15-03-2011, 04:14 PM
What times kick off?

Pretty Boy
15-03-2011, 04:17 PM

:agree:

As you have said Hibs need to cover their costs for the game.

They were actually discussing on 'off the ball' a few weeks ago how fans seemed keen to give their clubs money away. Free buses to away games, free entry for kids, free entry to friendlies, reduced prices so many times a season and my personal favourite the Motherwell fan who suggested free bovril or coffee on cold days. Yet fans were the first to moan when wage and transfer budgets were cut.

Hibs aren't a charity, £10 for a friendly is ok especially considering fans have no other Hibs related football expenses this month. 'Green Day' was a fantastic gesture by the club but we can't expect that kind of thing every ther week.

Removed
15-03-2011, 04:22 PM
What times kick off?

More importantly, is it on Alba?

we are hibs
15-03-2011, 04:28 PM
is it pay at the gate

Taz_hibee
15-03-2011, 04:39 PM
is it pay at the gate

Yes :agree:

steakbake
15-03-2011, 04:49 PM
A tenner is good value, I reckon. Fiver for concessions. Can't [reasonably] argue with that at all. I don't think it could be done much more cheaply.

I will be there.

scoopyboy
15-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Cheers for the info Scoop.

Looking forward to a game, a month before playing the **** was too much.

My pleasure sir, glad I got it
right.

Keith_M
15-03-2011, 05:23 PM
I for one am delighted, as I'm coming over on Friday for ten days and wasn't expecting to get a game at all.

I'm not sure why anyone is complaining about the price, as £10/£5 seems reasonable to me. Decent quality of opposition and different to the usual suspects. Also, Bohemians will undoubtedly have expenses to cover as well.

Well done Hibs.

:flag:

ancienthibby
15-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Man, you'll be on a fiver concession anyway, why the grundge!!

HH81
15-03-2011, 05:44 PM
This might be a poor question but why didnt we arrange it for the Saturday as its would have been bigger crowd?

Albanian Hibs
15-03-2011, 05:46 PM
I for one am delighted, as I'm coming over on Friday for ten days and wasn't expecting to get a game at all.

I'm not sure why anyone is complaining about the price, as £10/£5 seems reasonable to me. Decent quality of opposition and different to the usual suspects. Also, Bohemians will undoubtedly have expenses to cover as well.

Well done Hibs.

:flag:

:agree:

IWasThere2016
15-03-2011, 05:50 PM
More importantly, is it on Alba?

Can you Alba on freeview? :wink:

Seriously, well done Scoops :thumbsup: and the Hibs. This is more useful - pre Derby - than a closed door bounce game :agree:

Saorsa
15-03-2011, 05:50 PM
This might be a poor question but why didnt we arrange it for the Saturday as its would have been bigger crowd?Their fixtures, they're playing on Friday the 18th and on Friday the 25th so they cannae do Saturdays.

Edit: Tenner is a good price IMO :agree:

Mikey
15-03-2011, 06:37 PM

You should write in and complain.

Bristolhibby
15-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Is it on Hibs interactive Pay Per View?

If not, how about a cheeky wee deal with ESPN?

J

Barney McGrew
15-03-2011, 06:47 PM

:tee hee:

DH1875
15-03-2011, 06:57 PM

Ha Ha, How stupid do I feel :doh:.

HH81
15-03-2011, 07:06 PM

I bet you paid 10 quid or more for your ground tour at old trafford. Yet you won't pay it to watch Hibs.

Sylar
15-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Can you Alba on freeview? :wink:

Seriously, well done Scoops :thumbsup: and the Hibs. This is more useful - pre Derby - than a closed door bounce game :agree:

You''ll be going I presume :na na:

seanraff07
15-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Really looking forward to this, partly due to the lack of games we have at the minute.:agree:

Antifa Hibs
15-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Is there a difference to this friendly compared to Blackpool, Carlisle, Dunfi etc where a tenner seems reasonable..?

I'm the first to moan like hell about ticket prices but a tenner seems reasonable to me...

down-the-slope
15-03-2011, 07:43 PM
sensible idea all round - interesting opposition, cheap ticket and gives a game for players and fans alike in an otherwise barren spell

frazeHFC
15-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Delighted, hate the long wait between games. :thumbsup:

HibeeMcGinn1
15-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Oh no a tenner oh no. If your not happy don't go, simple as that.

Bishop Hibee
15-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I'll be there and £10 and £5 is a decent price when costs are factored in.

Makaveli
15-03-2011, 08:44 PM
£10 is more than reasonable IMO. It will be a strong Hibs side against the Irish league leaders in the only game we have for weeks. Some folk eh :confused:

Sir David Gray
15-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Man, you'll be on a fiver concession anyway, why the grundge!!

I'm aware of that. I won't be going anyway as I've got no desire to go all the way through to Edinburgh to watch a bounce game against a second rate Irish side that is effectively all about the players keeping their fitness levels up.

What's with all the sarcastic comments all of a sudden? I noticed you made one on the season tickets thread, when I was trying to make a serious point and I thought I had valid concerns and you've made another one here.

As a current/former admin (I don't know what your current status is since it was all changed to give you all anonymous screen names) I would have expected a bit better.

Is there really any need? :confused:

Saorsa
15-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm aware of that. I won't be going anyway as I've got no desire to go all the way through to Edinburgh to watch a bounce game against a second rate Irish side that is effectively all about the players keeping their fitness levels up.If you've nae intention of going it shouldnae really concern you what the price is, so why even bother complaining about it? Those who are happy with the price and happy tae have a game tae go tae will do so.

Albanian Hibs
15-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I bet you paid 10 quid or more for your ground tour at old trafford. Yet you won't pay it to watch Hibs.

:faf:

£10 is more than reasonable IMO. It will be a strong Hibs side against the Irish league leaders in the only game we have for weeks. Some folk eh :confused:

Some people just like to hear the sound of their own voice or in this case the sound of their own typing on the keyboard :rolleyes: Any excuses for a moan at the club :rolleyes:

Albanian Hibs
15-03-2011, 08:58 PM
If you've nae intention of going it shouldnae really concern you what the price is, so why even bother complaining about it? Those who are happy with the price and want tae go will do so.

Trying to get his post count up maybe :confused:

:rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
15-03-2011, 09:02 PM
I'll be there and £10 and £5 is a decent price when costs are factored in.
Either let the supporters in for next to nothing or play behind closed doors I say.
When you factor in £10 worth of diesel to get there, it`s a lot to pay for a meaningless game especially when you have already doled out £400 for a season and are expected to spend another £400 in advance for next season.

DC_Hibs
15-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Got to love it when folk aren't happy with the price and then slate the game anyway as meaningless/second rate opposition etc.

C H O I C E S (is what it all boils down to)

If you don't think its worth the money then dont go.
Consider paying £6 on HibsTV as it may be shown..... and if so would be available to all (that's not worth it either I bet)
Buy a big hammer at B&Q for around a fiver and knock some sense into yersel

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2011, 09:22 PM

Thats most amusing!

3pm
15-03-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm aware of that. I won't be going anyway as I've got no desire to go all the way through to Edinburgh to watch a bounce game against a second rate Irish side that is effectively all about the players keeping their fitness levels up.

Take the positives out of it. You'll get to leave Falkirk for about 4 hours.

Westie1875
15-03-2011, 09:30 PM

:faf:

robinp
15-03-2011, 09:40 PM

:top marks

IWasThere2016
15-03-2011, 09:50 PM
You''ll be going I presume :na na:

Aye seat next to you :wink:

lyonhibs
15-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Is there a difference to this friendly compared to Blackpool, Carlisle, Dunfi etc where a tenner seems reasonable..?

I'm the first to moan like hell about ticket prices but a tenner seems reasonable to me...

Really? I'd never noticed.............................. :greengrin

That's a great game to set up - and at relatively short notice. Hopefully it will be a wee bit more competitive than a friendly kick about, because I'd be wholly uncomfortable with us going into a derby having had nothing by way of a match vs 1st team opposition in nearly a month.

Postman
15-03-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm happy with the price and happy with the opposition! I'm now looking forward to getting back to a game

iwasthere1972
16-03-2011, 01:48 AM
Hibs should be applauded for arranging this game at such short notice. Looking forward to it already. If it's half as good as the Aston Villa match then we're in for a right good treat.

£10 and £5 for concessions seems about right to me however I suspect that it won't go down well with everybody on this board. :wink:

marinello59
16-03-2011, 07:18 AM

What's with all the sarcastic comments all of a sudden? I noticed you made one on the season tickets thread, when I was trying to make a serious point and I thought I had valid concerns and you've made another one here.

As a current/former admin (I don't know what your current status is since it was all changed to give you all anonymous screen names) I would have expected a bit better.

Is there really any need? :confused:

You should write in and complain.:agree:

:offski:

ArabHibee
16-03-2011, 08:35 AM

He wouldn't get a reply anyway.

Hibernia Na Eir
16-03-2011, 10:51 AM
This might be a poor question but why didnt we arrange it for the Saturday as its would have been bigger crowd?

Because they play their league games on a Friday evening.

HibbyAndy
16-03-2011, 02:54 PM

Am happy with £10 , Plus im off work the Tuesday so can indulge in several Ale's.

:cheers: :cheers:

3pm
16-03-2011, 09:39 PM

Am happy with £10 , Plus im off work the Tuesday so can indulge in several Ale's.

:cheers: :cheers:

Just treat that as part of your build up to the derby mate!!!

Winston Ingram
16-03-2011, 10:37 PM
What's the crowd prediction then 1000, 2000?