PDA

View Full Version : #26 stopped at Greggs

cam75
14-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Rory mcalister from Brechin may be worth a look at,iv heard pa broon will go in for him if CM leaves,worth a punt on 2-3 year deal

Famous Fiver
14-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I think he has had a couple of goes at full time football already and apparently has a very good job so it would take a right good offer to tempt him back in to full time football.

Could be outside Aberdeen's salary range but will he be within ours?

hibee92
14-03-2011, 03:24 PM
derek mcinnes said on sportscene last night he was a player that they've had their eye on for a while

steakbake
14-03-2011, 05:23 PM
I think he has had a couple of goes at full time football already and apparently has a very good job so it would take a right good offer to tempt him back in to full time football.

Could be outside Aberdeen's salary range but will he be within ours?

Somehow I doubt that if he's outside of Aberdeen's salary bracket, that that would place him in ours. I would imagine Aberdeen can manage better salaries than we can.

offshorehibby
14-03-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm sure he was linked with Hibs on this site a couple of months back.

CB_NO3
14-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Somehow I doubt that if he's outside of Aberdeen's salary bracket, that that would place him in ours. I would imagine Aberdeen can manage better salaries than we can.

Doubt it. They are in alot of debt. Have a stadium thats as old and wrinkley as their manager. They were getting about 7k attendances for most of the season. They did not want to sack Mcghee because it cost a few bob on compensation.

Barney McGrew
14-03-2011, 05:46 PM
We have had him watched too.

.Sean.
14-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Somehow I doubt that if he's outside of Aberdeen's salary bracket, that that would place him in ours. I would imagine Aberdeen can manage better salaries than we can.Why?

vla_di_vla
14-03-2011, 07:11 PM
We have had him watched too.

I'm led to believe we offered him a deal along with a few other teams including Aberdeen and at least one english club. His stock may have risen since so may be out of our hands

frazeHFC
14-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I thought he was doing well at Caley, how'd he end up at Brechin? :confused:

Frazerbob
14-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Doubt it. They are in alot of debt. Have a stadium thats as old and wrinkley as their manager. They were getting about 7k attendances for most of the season. They did not want to sack Mcghee because it cost a few bob on compensation.

.....and they are hoping to start work on their new stadium in the next year whish has a shortfall of about £20m in funding at the moment.

Perspective
15-03-2011, 01:57 PM
im sure this is the lad that that caught at rockness with some white powder in his car,thats cleaned up his act now tho.

Not him, so you might be best advised to delete that post!

Sir David Gray
15-03-2011, 02:02 PM
im sure this is the lad that that caught at rockness with some white powder in his car,thats cleaned up his act now tho.

Richie Hart, now of Hibernians in Malta.

Not Rory McAllister.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-486826/Scottish-footballer-suspended-cocaine.html

cam75
15-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Yes i should have done a quick check 1st before posting that,its what i heard from a guy in the pub.

johnrebus
15-03-2011, 02:16 PM
McAllister was originally with the sheep but was released and signed for ICT where he scored just four goals in fifty appearances.

He's done well at Brechin, but its a big difference between hitting the back of the net in Division Two than it is in the SPL.

:dunno:

MB62
15-03-2011, 03:18 PM
I would be much happier if we had an interest in John Sutton, whose contract I believe is up in August. This guy scores and has a bit of presence about him and is quite good in the air too. He would certainly be one I would be delighted to see at Easter Road, a proven goalscorer.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I would be much happier if we had an interest in John Sutton, whose contract I believe is up in August. This guy scores and has a bit of presence about him and is quite good in the air too. He would certainly be one I would be delighted to see at Easter Road, a proven goalscorer.

I'd take him over Sodje every day of the week, although i hope CC has his sights a bit higher, and we get real quality in during the summer.

cam75
15-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Would take John Sutton have always liked his style of play,could see us looking at young EPL/championship fringe players RP must be rubbing his hands at the thought of sell on value if CC can bring on who we are keeping and who we bring in,then next season should be good.

Golden Bear
15-03-2011, 04:17 PM
On the goalkeeping front, I see that Cammy Bell from Kilmarnock is out of contract at the end of the season and by the looks of things he intends to move on.

Any time i have seen the guy he looks like a top quality keeper and he would make an ideal addition to our squad - especially with the uncertainty surrounding the future fitness of Graham Stack.