PDA

View Full Version : £100 club shop voucher

sixtwo
13-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm thinking of getting a season ticket for my son and myself next year. We had them before but never renewed last year. There is an incentive for existing season ticket members to get £100 to spend in the clubstore if they can get a lapsed season ticket member to renew.

Does anyone know if I do this without being recommended, can I claim the voucher?

iwasthere1972
13-03-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm thinking of getting a season ticket for my son and myself next year. We had them before but never renewed last year. There is an incentive for existing season ticket members to get £100 to spend in the clubstore if they can get a lapsed season ticket member to renew.

Does anyone know if I do this without being recommended, can I claim the voucher?

I think the clue is in bold.

H18sry
13-03-2011, 10:52 AM
but if you get me to recommend you we can go halfers :greengrin

sixtwo
13-03-2011, 10:57 AM
I think the clue is in bold.

If the club are willing to give the £100 to a member for refering me, should they not be willing to give it to me? I'm the one who is shelling out the £500 quid. I'm the one making the decision to back the club. Why should my mate get the £100 voucher?

I appreciate it is an incentive, however, I was asking the question to see if anyone else has been in this situation and managed to negotiate the voucher for themselves.

iwasthere1972
13-03-2011, 11:02 AM
If the club are willing to give the £100 to a member for refering me, should they not be willing to give it to me? I'm the one who is shelling out the £500 quid. I'm the one making the decision to back the club. Why should my mate get the £100 voucher?

I appreciate it is an incentive, however, I was asking the question to see if anyone else has been in this situation and managed to negotiate the voucher for themselves.

I understand what you're saying but if I was an existing season ticket holder and heard that the club were handing out £100 in vouchers to new season ticket holders only then I would be fuming.

sixtwo
13-03-2011, 11:06 AM
I understand what you're saying but if I was an existing season ticket holder and heard that the club were handing out £100 in vouchers to new season ticket holders only then I would be fuming.

Fair point, never thought of that.

iwasthere1972
13-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Fair point, never thought of that.

At least you have an offer on the table for 50% of the voucher from H18sry. I would try and negoitate 60/40. :greengrin

H18sry
13-03-2011, 11:14 AM
At least you have an offer on the table for 50% of the voucher from H18sry. I would try and negoitate 60/40. :greengrin

:grr:

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2011, 11:19 AM
:grr:

Okay I'll join the bidding war, not interested in a percentage of the voucher, £25 cash will seal the deal. :greengrin

Hibby Cam
13-03-2011, 11:24 AM
my 2 sons who didnt renew this season have just renewed along with a concession and they handed me £250 worth of £10 vouchers as well as our tenner off the new top vouchers so im cheesin, might give them a little back, but the vouchers appear to have no catch ie spend a certain amount and use a voucher lark so im cheesin even more plus their valid till dec 2011 so again more reason to be cheesin....................... might even keep the lot myself

bob12345
13-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Surely if you got 2 different people to recommend each of you and went halfers with each, you'd get your hundred?

sleeping giant
13-03-2011, 01:56 PM
my 2 sons who didnt renew this season have just renewed along with a concession and they handed me £250 worth of £10 vouchers as well as our tenner off the new top vouchers so im cheesin, might give them a little back, but the vouchers appear to have no catch ie spend a certain amount and use a voucher lark so im cheesin even more plus their valid till dec 2011 so again more reason to be cheesin....................... might even keep the lot myself

Outstanding:thumbsup:

New strips all round then :greengrin