PDA

View Full Version : New Shirt Sponsor

Zondervan
13-03-2011, 09:15 AM
I hear that McEwan Fraser will not be renewing their sponsorship at the end of the current season.

I also got told that our next sponsor will be a national company based in the North of England.

My source would not reveal any further details, just wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

Judas Iscariot
13-03-2011, 09:51 AM
I've heard our home kit will be green and white

Hibby D
13-03-2011, 09:54 AM
I hear that McEwan Fraser will not be renewing their sponsorship at the end of the current season.

I also got told that our next sponsor will be a national company based in the North of England.

My source would not reveal any further details, just wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

This is correct info :agree:

And so is this :greengrin

H18sry
13-03-2011, 09:57 AM

And our away kit won't :wink:

GreenCastle
13-03-2011, 10:02 AM
I've heard it's Ukio Bankas :lolyam::sick:

Zondervan
13-03-2011, 10:15 AM
This is correct info :agree:

And so is this :greengrin

And who is the company in the North of England? Also, I think you must have been speaking to the same person as me.

PS - As an admin, you gonna get a grip of those bell-ends who come back with smart-arse comments :na na:

Especially that Hi8sry dude - he even has the cheek to put me in his avatar photo without my permission!!

Only kiddin' guys.

Many thanks.

Future17
13-03-2011, 10:18 AM
And who is the company in the North of England? .

F & C Investments?

Although I suppose they are a global company, as opposed to a national one.

H18sry
13-03-2011, 10:21 AM
And who is the company in the North of England? Also, I think you must have been speaking to the same person as me.

PS - As an admin, you gonna get a grip of those bell-ends who come back with smart-arse comments :na na:

Especially that Hi8sry dude - he even has the cheek to put me in his avatar photo without my permission!!

Only kiddin' guys.

Many thanks.

You just be grateful I never photo shopped you out :wink:

Hibby D
13-03-2011, 11:15 AM

I got too close to some Kryptonite a couple of years ago Al and lost all my powers - me no Admin anymore, just a bell-end like you now :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
13-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Greggs :wink:

itchy07
13-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Northern Rock?

Zondervan
13-03-2011, 11:39 AM
F&C been involved before with Hibs sponsorship, so perhaps.

Greggs would be very appropriate - as long as they do the catering as well!

allezsauzee
13-03-2011, 11:47 AM
F&C are based in London, so it can't be them

greenlex
13-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Sports Direct

givescotlandfreedom
13-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Greggs :wink:

:agree: Think someone's having their leg pulled :greengrin

AndersonGGTTH
13-03-2011, 03:03 PM
i have heard we were getting a big name sponsor more closer to home!

At The Edge
13-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Arriva? based in Sunderland, National company. Hibs players could all get their own bus to games :)

Kojock
13-03-2011, 03:10 PM
My source tells me that Hibs are in discussion with a possible sponsor namely
Hastings Model Flying Club the stumbling block is the company name is too big to fit on the shirts and Hibs wont just put the company initials on. :wink:

Pretty Boy
13-03-2011, 03:12 PM
There must be dozens, if not hundreds, of 'national' companies based in the North of England.

We could be here all day and night trying to guess.

hibbybrian
13-03-2011, 03:25 PM
PepsiCo would be good - they even have the shirt ready

http://www.interspace180.com/servlet/the-331/7-dsh-Up--cool-funny/Detail?category=80%27s

Hermit Crab
13-03-2011, 03:33 PM
:agree: Think someone's having their leg pulled :greengrin

Or something else :greengrin

LancashireHibby
13-03-2011, 06:15 PM
The Co-Operative?

Nameless
13-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Barbour would be nice:aok:

Scooter
13-03-2011, 06:48 PM

Defo what you said!! A product that become quite popular recently

HibeeSince85
13-03-2011, 07:03 PM
So we could try actualy just sharing the info! Not that guess who hasn't been fun.

3pm
13-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Eddie Stobart. Do you get a voucher for the club shop if you get it right?

AndersonGGTTH
13-03-2011, 07:31 PM

YEH , it was my dad who said .. hes been spending far too long in the hospitality suites this season!

Mark79
13-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Innis & gunn?

ArabHibee
13-03-2011, 08:06 PM
F&C sponsor our shorts and will not be the shirt sponsor next season.

Eddie Stobart - in Legends of 73's dreams.:greengrin

The shirt sponsor next season will be crabbies ginger ale.

Sergey
13-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Sage - The Tache uses their software every day :agree:

iwasthere1972
13-03-2011, 08:36 PM

Is it Lothian Trams?

ScottB
13-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Is it Lothian Trams?

It said something that was getting more popular, clearly RBS...

TRC
13-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Rockstar North, games company?

Beefster
14-03-2011, 06:08 AM
Whoever it is, I won't be sad to see the main sponsor change.

smurf
14-03-2011, 06:27 AM

Out of interest why?

Hibee_Dave
14-03-2011, 07:09 AM

I would agree with that. Wouldn't ever want to slag off a company for being associated with us but to go from big national, if not international prestige sponsors (Carlsberg, Whyte & Mackay) to a local up and coming firm, in my opinion, slightly cheapens the look of the team.

IN MY OPINION (fully prepared to be shot down for being snobby or whatever) a big team should look the part and the logo of our current sponsor as well as the company itself does not scream "European aspirations."

That said, McEwan Fraser have become so much more visible since they started sponsoring with Hibs so I reckon they've probably done well with the deal and raised their profile and, the way the world is now you could never tun down any sponsor....

....unless they're a near fictional financial institution.
:flag:

Beefster
14-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Out of interest why?

Because I've heard some horror stories about them.

Edit: I'm not trying to start a debate on the merits of McEwan Fraser's business.

Gingertosser
14-03-2011, 09:27 AM

Caledonian Heating & Plumbing sponsor the shorts this season and will be doing so next season.

legends of 73
14-03-2011, 09:43 AM

my mate sponsors the shorts ya thicko:na na::na na:

Eddie's not got any monster trucks:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

showing yer age there:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

:cgwa

Zondervan
14-03-2011, 10:42 AM

Sorry, I meant to say a company "north of England", not "in the north of England" :greengrin

Interesting, now I am trying to think of Scottish or Edinburgh-based companies that are perhaps up-and-coming across the UK.

Come on, spill the beans.

Or....

http://estb.msn.com/i/49/13494649EBB7D868D518D894C.jpg

Future17
14-03-2011, 10:50 AM

http://www.interspace180.com/servlet/the-331/7-dsh-Up--cool-funny/Detail?category=80%27s

That sponsor alone would be a stroke of marketing genius! :greengrin

MacBean
14-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Rockstar North, games company?
Edinburgh based - owned by a Hibee - good guy :thumbsup:

.Sean.
14-03-2011, 11:05 AM
7up.

LeithBoozy
14-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Scottish /Newcastle ??????? :wink:

Scooter
14-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Sorry, I meant to say a company "north of England", not "in the north of England" :greengrin

Interesting, now I am trying to think of Scottish or Edinburgh-based companies that are perhaps up-and-coming across the UK.

Come on, spill the beans.

Or....

http://estb.msn.com/i/49/13494649EBB7D868D518D894C.jpg

Someone has already told you but everyone has missed it

Ritchie
14-03-2011, 11:29 AM

is that a fact or guess????

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2011, 11:31 AM
To be honest, i don't give a toss who the new or old sponsor is. I doubt very much i will ever use them, and again whoever is the sponsor makes no difference to me. In fact i couldn't tell you who was the sponsor before this lot?

The sponsors name just blends into the strip, and i take no notice of it whatsoever.

Sponsors must think it works, maybe it does???????

SouthMoroccoStu
14-03-2011, 12:04 PM
To be honest, i don't give a toss who the new or old sponsor is. I doubt very much i will ever use them, and again whoever is the sponsor makes no difference to me. In fact i couldn't tell you who was the sponsor before this lot?

The sponsors name just blends into the strip, and i take no notice of it whatsoever.

I think so. I still won't drink Strongbow:wink:

RyeSloan
14-03-2011, 12:20 PM
It's Crabbies as far as I am aware (which is nothing more than info gained in the pub :greengrin)

HenryMonk
14-03-2011, 12:47 PM
It's Crabbies as far as I am aware (which is nothing more than i gained in the pub from a dirty bint :greengrin)

really!! :greengrin

HenryMonk
14-03-2011, 12:52 PM

am still waiting for your last (not so) scoop to happen? has your lack of info come from the same source as nike will be shirt manufacturers a few years back? that turned out tobe aload of poppy cock.

thanks for posting tho.:aok:

Posh Swanny
14-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Would look rather smart on the shirt IMO. (http://www.moolf.com/images/stories/Interesting/The-Best-Beer-In-the-World/innis-and-gunn.jpg)

Mark79
14-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Do crabbies know what they are doing here? They could potentially lose out on selling this product to 400,000 people by placing it on a hibs shirt

H18sry
14-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Crabit ginger [m]ale? is judas McLeish coming back :confused:

Zondervan
14-03-2011, 01:29 PM
am still waiting for your last (not so) scoop to happen? has your lack of info come from the same source as nike will be shirt manufacturers a few years back? that turned out tobe aload of poppy cock.

thanks for posting tho.:aok:

Get your facts right, Jockney! :na na:

It was Adidas, not Nike, and Jocko has the sample home strip & training top in is flat. Deal got pulled at the last minute by Adidas HQ in Germany. And that is FACT!

HenryMonk
14-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Get your facts right, Jockney! :na na:

It was Adidas, not Nike, and Jocko has the sample home strip & training top in is flat. Deal got pulled at the last minute by Adidas HQ in Germany. And that is FACT!

:na na::na na::na na:

any C can get a top made in thailand, fact!!

:taxi>zondervan

Zondervan
14-03-2011, 01:43 PM
It's Crabbies as far as I am aware (which is nothing more than info gained in the pub :greengrin)

http://www.crabbiesgingerbeer.co.uk/crabbies_faqs.php
http://www.crabbiesgingerbeer.co.uk/the_crabbies_family.php

"John Crabbie created his Original Scottish Green Ginger Wine in the ancient port of Leith in 1801. Over 200 years later, it is still one of Scotland’s favourites"

"Crabbies is still made in Scotland but is wholly owned by Halewood International – who are based in Huyton, (Merseyside)"

Or could it be Innis & Gunn, the other name to crop up on this thread?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/analysis/iron-brews-1.1090109

Expansion plans ongoing, so good time to get their brand out there? Albeit their latest annual turnover was only £4m

Probably be Poundland. :rolleyes:

GraniteCityHibs
14-03-2011, 02:18 PM

http://simpsonspedia.net/index.php?title=Datei:CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet_1.jp g

.Sean.
14-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Why was the 'deal' with Adidas pulled and does anybody have any further info on it?

cocopops1875
14-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Why was the 'deal' with Adidas pulled and does anybody have any further info on it?

No new deals due to recession apparently tho they did sign Scotland

Renfrew_Hibby
14-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Whoever the sponsor is i hope it not another drinks company.
We had 13 season in a row with Carlsberg and Whyte & MacKay and Yeah it looked good and to be associated with global brands was good for the club but i'm looking for the board to show some responsability.
We all know that we have a major problem with alocohol abuse in Scotland and i feel the Scottish government should ban alcohol advertisments within all sports such as is the case in France for example.
Carling and Tennants aint daft and their associations with the old firm have been hugely suscessful for them and the old firm have been happy to take the money have have all their merchandise plastered with these companies branding.

Slightly ironic when Bain or Lawell say alcohol abuse has nothing to do with them as they are the biggest marketing tool in Scotland for these companies and i just find the thought of have another brewer on my Hibs to a wee bit depressing.

Removed
14-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Whoever the sponsor is i hope it not another drinks company.
We had 13 season in a row with Carlsberg and Whyte & MacKay and Yeah it looked good and to be associated with global brands was good for the club but i'm looking for the board to show some responsability.
We all know that we have a major problem with alocohol abuse in Scotland and i feel the Scottish government should ban alcohol advertisments within all sports such as is the case in France for example.
Carling and Tennants aint daft and their associations with the old firm have been hugely suscessful for them and the old firm have been happy to take the money have have all their merchandise plastered with these companies branding.

Slightly ironic when Bain or Lawell say alcohol abuse has nothing to do with them as they are the biggest marketing tool in Scotland for these companies and i just find the thought of have another brewer on my Hibs to a wee bit depressing.

Fair point but has anyone actually got :drunk: on Crabbies Ginger Ale :dunno:

aberhibsfc
14-03-2011, 03:02 PM

We've been missing a green and white sponsor since Carlsberg up sticks. 7-UP would fit nicely and pay homeage to the 0-7 boys, or even After 8, would lead on nicely from 0-7.

Lilt but we'd have to sign a few of Latapy's pals.

.Sean.
14-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Crabbies is absolutely bowf, by the way.

Zondervan
14-03-2011, 03:21 PM

No new deals due to recession apparently tho they did sign Scotland

Bang on. Someone I know was a PA for the head-honcho at Adidas UK. The deal was done in principal but then came along the economic downturn; they reviewed all pending sponsorships, and ours was cancelled at the last minute.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Crabbies is absolutely bowf, by the way.

Crabbies ginger ale is superb, been pished a few times on it. :party:

Frazerbob
14-03-2011, 04:33 PM

Thank God you're not negotiating the new deal for the club!

Barney McGrew
14-03-2011, 04:52 PM
http://www.crabbiesgingerbeer.co.uk/crabbies_faqs.php
http://www.crabbiesgingerbeer.co.uk/the_crabbies_family.php

"John Crabbie created his Original Scottish Green Ginger Wine in the ancient port of Leith in 1801. Over 200 years later, it is still one of Scotland’s favourites"

"Crabbies is still made in Scotland but is wholly owned by Halewood International – who are based in Huyton, (Merseyside)"

It wouldn't surprise me if it is Halewood that are the new sponsor, they've spent a fortune on marketing Crabbie's since they launched the pint sized bottles, and they are adding to the range all the time.

greenginger
14-03-2011, 04:56 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if it is Halewood that are the new sponsor, they've spent a fortune on marketing Crabbie's since they launched the pint sized bottles, and they are adding to the range all the time.

I know absolutely nothing about this, honest ! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Thank God you're not negotiating the new deal for the club!

I agree, although surely i cant be the only one who has no interest in who's name is on our shirts? And again i would struggle name the previous sponsors.

darwenhibby
14-03-2011, 06:13 PM
I agree, although surely i cant be the only one who has no interest in who's name is on our shirts? And again i would struggle name the previous sponsors.

There is a Rumour regarding J2 Retail Solutions.
The owner has a lot of money to invest do you know anything:dunno:

Greentinted
14-03-2011, 06:14 PM

Kinda the same aye. For me the only real interest is in the aeshetic. Hate the W&M with the blue border, but liked the Carlsberg, Bukta and Fishers logos. P&D windows looked crap, as did Calor and MacBean but the best Hibs strip hands-down in the post shirt-sponsorship era was the 1991-92 strip (both home and away) :wink:

ronaldo7
14-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Heineken:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2011, 07:26 PM
There is a Rumour regarding J2 Retail Solutions.
The owner has a lot of money to invest do you know anything:dunno:

Heard similar a while back Duane. :agree: A Mr Boyd if i remember correctly?

1875godsgift
14-03-2011, 07:52 PM

Casey's Confectioners? :dunno:

Keith_M
15-03-2011, 06:19 PM

You're definitely not the only one.

I realise it's extra money for the club but I'd personally prefer there to be NO sponsor's name on the shirt at all. Gimme the classic look every time.

Carheenlea
15-03-2011, 06:39 PM
You're definitely not the only one.

I realise it's extra money for the club but I'd personally prefer there to be NO sponsor's name on the shirt at all. Gimme the classic look every time.

I`m not sure about this seasons strip, but when we were sponsored by alcoholic brands, it was possible to buy a shirt without the advertisers logo.

AndersonGGTTH
15-03-2011, 09:43 PM
7up.

;)

Barney McGrew
16-03-2011, 06:57 AM
I`m not sure about this seasons strip, but when we were sponsored by alcoholic brands, it was possible to buy a shirt without the advertisers logo.

Is there not a rule that kids strips can't have an alcohol sponsor on them?

Wilson
16-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Is there not a rule that kids strips can't have an alcohol sponsor on them?

My 9 year old half brother nearly choked on his pint when he heard.

TamHibs
16-03-2011, 09:43 AM
How long is the deal with Puma?

wazoo1875
16-03-2011, 10:40 AM
My 9 year old half brother nearly choked on his pint when he heard.

:-)

cwilliamson85
16-03-2011, 12:41 PM
How long is the deal with Puma?

3 years.

(((Fergus)))
16-03-2011, 01:44 PM
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/secallen/Untitled-7.jpg

HibbyKeith
16-03-2011, 01:53 PM
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/secallen/Untitled-7.jpg

who cares about a daft name on the front of our strip, We've signed Ronaldo! :greengrin

ArabHibee
16-03-2011, 09:31 PM
who cares about a daft name on the front of our strip, We've signed Ronaldo! :greengrin

I thought that was Palsson! :greengrin

darwenhibby
16-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Heard similar a while back Duane. :agree: A Mr Boyd if i remember correctly?

I have checked him out on Business Link.
Clever guy, a degree from a Scottish University, originally came from Fife.
Think he has a connection with Dunfermline Athletic somewhere in the past.
Could just be a carpetbagger.
Not Hibs Class IMHO

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I have checked him out on Business Link.
Clever guy, a degree from a Scottish University, originally came from Fife.
Think he has a connection with Dunfermline Athletic somewhere in the past.
Could just be a carpetbagger.
Not Hibs Class IMHO

Had a little look into this so called degree, somethings not quite right, just cant put my finger on what though?