PDA

View Full Version : Celtic v Hibs OFF

Ringothedog
13-03-2011, 08:39 AM
It would appear that the game on Wednesday will be off due to the postponement of their Scottish cup tie. Its due to take place on Tuesday

Barney McGrew
13-03-2011, 08:42 AM
We should still make them play against us on Wednesday :devil:

A bit gutted with that TBH, I hoped that us playing them between the Cup QF and CIS Final would have seen them rest a couple of players.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2011, 08:43 AM
It would appear that the game on Wednesday will be off due to the postponement of their Scottish cup tie. Its due to take place on Tuesday

I hope not. Bad enough changing the date to begin without moving it again.
The semi finals aren't until 16/17 April, so there is no need to play this so soon!

Barney McGrew
13-03-2011, 08:48 AM
I hope not. Bad enough changing the date to begin without moving it again.
The semi finals aren't until 16/17 April, so there is no need to play this so soon!

Definitely on Tuesday

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/articles/20110312/ict-v-celtic_2208825_2314188

Billy Whizz
13-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Definitely on Tuesday

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/articles/20110312/ict-v-celtic_2208825_2314188

Hibs should fight this as it could leave us with no game until we play Hearts due to the CIS Cup Final/ International break.

Ringothedog
13-03-2011, 08:53 AM
We should insist on playing them on Wednesday :devil:

PeterboroHibee
13-03-2011, 08:54 AM
This is a bit of a joke. I know they seem to think cup ties should take priority but as mentioned, we wont have played any football between the 5th March and the 2nd April, and thats going into a derby ffs.

Barney McGrew
13-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Hibs should fight this as it could leave us with no game until we play Hearts due to the CIS Cup Final/ International break.

My guess would be we'll play the Wednesday after the international break, the 30th.

Unless the game on Tuesday goes to a replay :rolleyes:

hibee92
13-03-2011, 09:01 AM
This is a bit of a joke. I know they seem to think cup ties should take priority but as mentioned, we wont have played any football between the 5th March and the 2nd April, and thats going into a derby ffs.

a whole month without a game... unheard of :bitchy:

what about asking a team for a friendly... aston villa for example :greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-03-2011, 09:01 AM
My guess would be we'll play the Wednesday after the international break, the 30th.

Unless the game on Tuesday goes to a replay :rolleyes:

If it goes to a replay it's pencilled in for 5/6 April. If your CC this morning this throws your plans out the window!

lucky
13-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Strange how they go about fixture congestion. A month without a game is unheard of at this time of year. We should try and organise a friendly.

500miles
13-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Hibs should refuse to switch dates. Not kicking a ball for a month is a totally unfair advantage to our competitors - as much as having too busy a schedule in many ways

I would encourage the club to kick up as much **** as Rangers have in the past regarding thier fixture arrangements.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Hibs should refuse to switch dates. Not kicking a ball for a month is a totally unfair advantage to our competitors - as much as having too busy a schedule in many ways

I would encourage the club to kick up as much **** as Rangers have in the past regarding thier fixture arrangements.

I agree

cocopops1875
13-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Shocking at this stage of the season match sharpness is so important and the fact is we had built up a wee head of steam

Pretty Boy
13-03-2011, 09:25 AM
It's a conspiracy against us.

The SFA and SPL are terrified of our unstoppable charge towards the top 6 and are trying anything to break our momentum. This kind of thing has been going on for years. I've also noticed a lot of dodgy refereeing decisions against us this season as well as numerous other things that have gone against us. Personally i think it's all to do with the heritage and history of our club.

The above is all nonsense of course but if Celtc supporters can claim conspiracy regularly with little or no proof why can't we have a shot.

FromTheCapital
13-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Why not just play it a week on Tuesday instead of having to cause hassle...?

Craig_HFC
13-03-2011, 09:43 AM

Because that's too sensible.

Tricla
13-03-2011, 10:19 AM

I've just checked their fixtures at celtc.net and this solution would be best and would cater for the interests of both teams.

Well done again the SPL.

You couldn't organize hee haw and are a total embarrassment to us and yourselves.

I am particularly raging as our game will likely be rearranged to w/c 21/3 where I am working back shift all week and won't get to see the match.

I can't wait until we go to a ten team league because that will make everything better. :rolleyes:

morons.

green&left
13-03-2011, 10:20 AM
FFS! Just went and booked some non refundable city link returns to glasgow for wednesday aswell!!

mim
13-03-2011, 10:32 AM

Do we know that the game won't be moved to the next Tuesday/Wednesday???

I know that the week has been left clear for Internationals, but Scotland aren't playing Brazil until the Sunday and Celtic have a big enough squad to allow their various foreign players to go, without causing too many problems. :devil:

mim
13-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Do we know that the game won't be moved to the next Tuesday/Wednesday???

I know that the week has been left clear for Internationals, but Scotland aren't playing Brazil until the Sunday and Celtic have a big enough squad to allow their various foreign players to go, without causing too many problems. :devil:

I'll answer my own question.

Hibs will have their 3 under-21 players missing - so forget that idea.

iwasthere1972
13-03-2011, 10:45 AM
a whole month without a game... unheard of :bitchy:

what about asking a team for a friendly... aston villa for example :greengrin

They would probably turn us down for fear of being humiliated twice in the space of a couple of weeks.

GreenCastle
13-03-2011, 10:47 AM
If I was a Celtic fan I would be mad with this strange change also..

Travel plans today needing changed..

Tickets bought / travel booked for Hibs game on Wed - now changed too..

As much as I dislike the tic - Scottish Football doesn't help itself some times with the decisions it makes :rolleyes:

The only small positive I can think of for Hibs is that with the derby being the 3rd April the game may be closer to that meaning we can get a competitive game in closer.

Baldy Foghorn
13-03-2011, 10:47 AM

Whilst I agree Billy, and it is a total pain, the Scottish Cup always take preference

mouvran
13-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I've got a ticket for the game and probably won't be able to make the rearranged game. Does anyone know if i can get a refund or what the procedure is. Ridiculous decision by the way :grr:

Billy Whizz
13-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Celtic FC website confirms that Cup tie with Caley has been moved to Wednesday.
The Hibs game is cancelled and will be rescheduled in due course!!

mickki40
13-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Why am I not suprised this sort of thing still happens. Cancel days holiday again. Boss is understanding though. But why should cup get priority. Let our planned game go ahead and Celtics unplanned game not go ahead

fife hfc
13-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Look on the brightside, when was the last time we went on unbeaten throughout February and March.

mim
13-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Whilst I agree Billy, and it is a total pain, the Scottish Cup always take preference

The Scottish Cup takes precedence for a very good reason.
In the early rounds (usually in the worst weather conditions) multiple postponements can have a severe impact on the following round of cup fixtures, causing fixture chaos for both Cup and League. These ties must rightly be played, if at all possible, before the next round is scheduled.

However, I'm not sure that the same rule should be applied at this stage of the competition, when there is plenty of time between the quarters and the semis and the semis and the final and, obviously, fewer teams involved.

jdships
13-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Another point to consider is "cash flow"
Look at Queen of the South and Stirling Albion's plight

:confused:

LancashireHibby
13-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Is this definite now? Trains, hotel and match tickets all booked. :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Arch Stanton
13-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Brewster was just saying from the Inverness ground's studio that conditions are terrible - as bad as they were at Brechin yesterday apparently. :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

No snow in sight either - just rain! Even though travelling would be a nightmare the pitch looked fine.

Sir David Gray
13-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Is this definite now? Trains, hotel and match tickets all booked. :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

The Celtic-Hibs game will definitely not be played on Wednesday night.

LancashireHibby
13-03-2011, 01:20 PM
The Celtic-Hibs game will definitely not be played on Wednesday night.

Gutted. Absolutely devastated.

Keith_M
13-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Celtic FC website confirms that Cup tie with Caley has been moved to Wednesday.
The Hibs game is cancelled and will be rescheduled in due course!!

Nothing on Hibs site but suppose it's a bit early yet. The most convenient arrangement for everybody would have been to re-arrange the postponed game for a week later, that way people that have already booked trips to Celtc v Hibs won't miss out. So much for the paying customer.

LancashireHibby
13-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Nothing on Hibs site but suppose it's a bit early yet. The most convenient arrangement for everybody would have been to re-arrange the postponed game for a week later, that way people that have already booked trips to Celtc v Hibs won't miss out. So much for the paying customer.

Exactly. Looking like I'll be at least 50 quid down from this as train tickets are non-refundable and Travelodge don't seem keen on giving me my money back either.

Moulin Yarns
13-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Exactly. Looking like I'll be at least 50 quid down from this as train tickets are non-refundable and Travelodge don't seem keen on giving me my money back either.

Travelodge should be able to transfer your booking to another date. I've done that once before.

Keith_M
13-03-2011, 01:43 PM

You could always have a night out in Glasgow's historic East End. You could visit all the sights, like the People's Palace and, ehm, er, ehm.......

:dunno:

LancashireHibby
13-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Travelodge should be able to transfer your booking to another date. I've done that once before.

Travelodge website seems to say I have to do it 7 days in advance, but even then we'd need a new date before Wednesday I'd presume?

Moulin Yarns
13-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Travelodge website seems to say I have to do it 7 days in advance, but even then we'd need a new date before Wednesday I'd presume?

Phone them to explain the situation. A lot easier to deal with a human :agree:

Billy Whizz
13-03-2011, 01:56 PM
You would have thought Celtic would have been keen to keep the match v Hibs on Wednesday. They have loads of fans who travel from Ireland every week who will have booked and like Lancashire Hibs, will be left high and dry.
Cancel next week's CIS Cup Final and play it then!
SPL comes for CIS

LancashireHibby
13-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Phone them to explain the situation. A lot easier to deal with a human :agree:

Will give it a go....if I can actually find a phone number on their website!

Moulin Yarns
13-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Will give it a go....if I can actually find a phone number on their website!

0871 984 6141 central booking

Billy Whizz
13-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Official confirmation from Hibs.
I think they might now go for Wednesday 6th April if Inverness v Celtic isn't a draw this week.
Can't think when else they could fit it in?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestNewsIndex/0,,10290,00.html

silverhibee
13-03-2011, 03:23 PM
What happens if the ICT vs celtc gets called off again on Wednesday. :confused:

Westie1875
13-03-2011, 04:20 PM
What happens if the ICT vs celtc gets called off again on Wednesday. :confused:

Exactly, rearranging a game that has been called off because of the weather for only a couple of days later seems rather foolish to me, particularly given the weather forecast for the north of Scotland over the next couple of days. Idiots :bitchy:

Dunbar Hibee
13-03-2011, 04:20 PM
So whats the script with tickets, refunded or what?

Sir David Gray
13-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Exactly, rearranging a game that has been called off because of the weather for only a couple of days later seems rather foolish to me, particularly given the weather forecast for the north of Scotland over the next couple of days. Idiots :bitchy:

The forecast for Inverness over the next few days is quite good.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/16?

Baldy Foghorn
13-03-2011, 05:10 PM
So whats the script with tickets, refunded or what?

Tickets should still be valid for rearranged fixture

Westie1875
13-03-2011, 05:46 PM
The forecast for Inverness over the next few days is quite good.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/16?

Interesting, that contradicts what they said on the news earlier today, typical weather forecasts, never consistent. :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
13-03-2011, 07:03 PM
0871 984 6141 central booking

Cheers mate. Just tried them and there are no cancellations or amendments allowed within 7 days of the booking so basically it's just lost money. Thanks SFA!

mouvran
13-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Tickets should still be valid for rearranged fixture

What if you can't go to the rearranged game?

erin go bragh
13-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Look on the brightside, when was the last time we went on unbeaten throughout February and March.
:greengrin like it mate :top marks
ggtth

givescotlandfreedom
13-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Cheers mate. Just tried them and there are no cancellations or amendments allowed within 7 days of the booking so basically it's just lost money. Thanks SFA!

Typical, I feel for you. The fans come last as always.:bitchy:

Removed
13-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Typical, I feel for you. The fans come last as always.:bitchy:

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Hibeesb0unc3
13-03-2011, 10:16 PM
good to see that the SFA had the fans in mind when they made this decision.... NOT. useless w*****s

TRC
14-03-2011, 12:25 AM

I'd think about contacting the SFA I know it'll be a long shot but might be worth a shot?

Removed
14-03-2011, 12:31 AM
I'd think about contacting the SFA I know it'll be a long shot but might be worth a shot?

Get it on they radio phone ins as well. Macar's yer man. He'll have had travel and accommodation booked too.

GreenCastle
15-03-2011, 11:33 AM
It's on the main site news section but still says it in the fixtures section. They need to update it :wink:

Moulin Yarns
15-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I see the ICT v Celtc game and the Dons v St Mirren replay is on Wednesday (tomorrow) and the St Johnstone v Brechin replay is next Tuesday, but the Motherwell v Dundee Utd replay has not been given a date yet.

HOWEVER, Dundee Utd have a home league game against Hearts next Wednesday. Anybody like to explain why that game hasn't been postponed to allow the cup replay to go ahead, seeing as the cup apparently has priority. :confused:

Is it another case of one rule for the old firm and another for everybody else?

Sir David Gray
15-03-2011, 01:59 PM
I see the ICT v Celtc game and the Dons v St Mirren replay is on Wednesday (tomorrow) and the St Johnstone v Brechin replay is next Tuesday, but the Motherwell v Dundee Utd replay has not been given a date yet.

HOWEVER, Dundee Utd have a home league game against Hearts next Wednesday. Anybody like to explain why that game hasn't been postponed to allow the cup replay to go ahead, seeing as the cup apparently has priority. :confused:

Is it another case of one rule for the old firm and another for everybody else?

The Motherwell-Dundee Utd replay has been scheduled for the 29th March.

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=143

Moulin Yarns
15-03-2011, 02:07 PM
The Motherwell-Dundee Utd replay has been scheduled for the 29th March.

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=143

So, if that is the case, the cup doesn't take priority over league games.

Lancashirehibee should be demanding his out of pocket expenses from the SFA as the Celtc league game didn't need to be postponed after all.

hibs0666
15-03-2011, 04:08 PM
So, if that is the case, the cup doesn't take priority over league games.

Lancashirehibee should be demanding his out of pocket expenses from the SFA as the Celtc league game didn't need to be postponed after all.

Different situation - a replay will finish on the night while the Inverness celtc game may yet go to a replay which would also be played on the 29th.