12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
So does Arsenal fail again today?

Brum 2 Bolton-3 ft

12-03-2011, 02:45 PM

Brum 2 Bolton-3 ft

Yep, definitely. :thumbsup:

No danger that United will lose three games in a row.

12-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Brum 2 Bolton-3 ft

Come on Arsenal.

Hope Rooney has a stinker if he's playing. Overrated and overpaid.

12-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Come on Arsenal.

'mon United!

Hope Arsenal play loads of "proper football, the Arsenal way" then get pumped by a dodgy penalty. At least then they'll have a good reason to moan, not like every other week when they do it just cos Wengers trained them to.

12-03-2011, 03:10 PM
I've got a feeling the possible Arsenal quadruple could be a possible single after today.

12-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Come on Arsenal.

12-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Is this on Telly?

Edit: Itv, ya dancer!

12-03-2011, 03:27 PM
I think united will beat them by 3 goals. Wenger is a moaning face loser.

12-03-2011, 03:40 PM
;2757174']Is this on Telly?

Edit: Itv, ya dancer!

England :grr:

12-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Why do STV not show these games?

12-03-2011, 03:42 PM

Sky Channel 993.

12-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Sky Channel 993.

Haven't got sky

12-03-2011, 03:43 PM

853 on Virgin and 993 on Sky. :agree:

If you don't stay in England and you don't have either of the above then yer knackered though.

12-03-2011, 03:44 PM

Cos they're tight fisted bassas

12-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Haven't got sky

How about Virgin Media Channel 103?

12-03-2011, 03:46 PM

If you don't stay in England and you don't have either of the above then yer knackered though.

Yup. But I'm not paying any money to either of them. I'll get a free feed online.

12-03-2011, 03:47 PM

Not necessarily so. If they know someone who has Sky and that person is prepared to give them their password to log on to Sky on t'internet then problem solved. :aok:

How about Virgin Media Channel 103?

Just as bad.

See post #17

I'm doing my best.

12-03-2011, 03:49 PM
See post #17

I'm doing my best.

I know, ta.

12-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Because obviously "Monk" and "One Angry Juror" is a far bigger draw for them than one of the biggest football fixtures in British football. :bitchy:

12-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I know, ta.

Sure you can watch it online at http://www.itv.com/

12-03-2011, 03:59 PM

Yeah, you can.

Forgot about that.

12-03-2011, 03:59 PM

I know a few places to get it :wink:

12-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I think united will beat them by 3 goals. Wenger is a moaning face loser.

And Ferguson isnt????

Mon Arsenal!

12-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Strange team from United. Playing 7 defenders. Can only imagine Rafael and Fabio will play at RM and LM and O'Shea will play in midfield.

Great chance for Arsenal IMHO.

12-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Strange team from United. Playing 7 defenders. Can only imagine Rafael and Fabio will play at RM and LM and O'Shea will play in midfield.

Great chance for Arsenal IMHO.

You trying to make it even sweeter if utd win :wink:

Arsenal minus Walcott, Vermaelan, Fabregas, Szeczny Song Clichy.

12-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I know a few places to get it :wink:
Have you tried Free....................................

........................sat?:greengrin

12-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Teams;

Manchester United

van der Sar

Evra
Brown
Smalling
Vidic

Fabio
O'Shea
Gibson
Rafael

Rooney
Hernandez

SUBS

Kuszczak
Giggs
Scholes
Valencia
Berbatov
Obertan
King

Arsenal

Almunia

Sagna
Koscielny
Djourou
Gibbs

Diaby
Nasri
Denilson
Wilshere

Arshavin
van Persie

SUBS

Shea
Squillaci
Clichy
Eboue
Rosicky
Ramsey
Chamakh

12-03-2011, 04:18 PM
You trying to make it even sweeter if utd win :wink:

Arsenal minus Walcott, Vermaelan, Fabregas, Szeczny Song Clichy.

No. I'm just saying this is a great chance for Arsenal to progress :agree:

soupy
12-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Mon Utd

12-03-2011, 04:46 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 United, Fabio. Great play for that goal.

GIRUY Arsene! :thumbsup:

12-03-2011, 04:46 PM
1-0 United, Fabio :thumbsup:

12-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's all gone quiet on here, oh it's all gone quiet on here........:faf:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:shhhsh!:

12-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's all gone quiet on here, oh it's all gone quiet on here........:faf:

I can't say I'm too fussed who wins. I'll be happy enough to watch a good entertaining game of football.

12-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I can't say I'm too fussed who wins. I'll be happy enough to watch a good entertaining game of football.
Zactly where I am. Arsenal all very pretty till it gets to where it matters.
Wenger should get his jotters if they win nothing from where they were just a week or so ago.

12-03-2011, 05:06 PM

It is a little quiet isn't it? :wink:

12-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Where were all the glory hunting manure clowns when they were getting tonked by Liverpool? I see they are out in force tonight though. Make me sick.

12-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Where were all the glory hunting manure clowns when they were getting tonked by Liverpool? I see they are out in force tonight though. Make me sick.

That should liven things up a little.

12-03-2011, 05:10 PM
I like Arsenal but my team are Hibernian.I will always support them first.

Better team tonight tho is losing, Still game of 2 halfs eh..FalkirkHibee you really do get excited as far as Man u are concerned eh? Pish your pants everytime ..Not that last week when Liverpool destroyed them, Yes destroyed.

12-03-2011, 05:13 PM
You're all as bad as each other :agree: :yawn:

Hibs beat a premiership team 1 nil from a Nish goal kick today and all you want to talk about is man u and arsenal :bitchy:

12-03-2011, 05:16 PM
You're all as bad as each other :agree: :yawn:

Hibs beat a premiership team 1 nil from a Nish goal kick today and all you want to talk about is man u and arsenal :bitchy:

I'll wait for the fan's to get back before I decide how Showumni got on. Hopefully one of them can shed some light as to when Murray came on for Miller.

12-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I'll wait for the fan's to get back before I decide how Showumni got on. Hopefully one of them can shed some light as to when Murray came on for Miller.

I am back. I was there.

Showumni played well. Worth a pay as you play deal :agree:

Murray came on for Miller just before half time.

12th man were fantastic again :top marks:not worth

Singing sections rendition of Flower of Scotland was a bit cringeworthy though imo

12-03-2011, 05:21 PM
I am back. I was there.

Showumni played well. Worth a pay as you play deal :agree:

Murray came on for Miller just before half time.

12th man were fantastic again :top marks:not worth

Little more convincing then

I'm still in the "Mixu GTF" camp though.

12-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Hibs fans supporting manure is a bad as someone from falkirk supporting rangers or Celtic. No doubt.

12-03-2011, 05:23 PM
2-0 United :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

12-03-2011, 05:29 PM
2-0 United :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Funny thing is I bet you have never been to Manchester ha ha ha.

12-03-2011, 05:31 PM

I bet I have. ha ha ha. :greengrin

12-03-2011, 05:33 PM

Boring. :rolleyes:

12-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Boring. :rolleyes:

Another one. Here we go. I need a sick bag.

steviehfc
12-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Where were all the glory hunting manure clowns when they were getting tonked by Liverpool? I see they are out in force tonight though. Make me sick.:agree: :top marks And Ferguson is the most arrogant, greetin' faced, head up his own backside erse of a man that was ever spewed into existence. Not trying to take away from his achievements, but he is a tw@t.

12-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I bet I have. ha ha ha. :greengrin

Serious? No way. I'm shocked. I can't get over it.

12-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Serious? No way. I'm shocked. I can't get over it.

Super serious John, super serious.

12-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Super serious John, super serious.

Yes actually I can see it. Did you buy the shirt and a hat when you were down?

12-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Yes actually I can see it. Did you buy the shirt and a hat when you were down?

I bought a white t-shirt with a United crest on it and a pair of black shorts (also with the Utd crest)

12-03-2011, 05:54 PM

I'm not a Man U fan and I've been. Well not inside it. I had a pish at the Stretford End http://bestsmileys.com/peeing/1.gif

12-03-2011, 05:57 PM
I like Arsenal but my team are Hibernian.I will always support them first.

Better team tonight tho is losing, Still game of 2 halfs eh..FalkirkHibee you really do get excited as far as Man u are concerned eh? Pish your pants everytime ..Not that last week when Liverpool destroyed them, Yes destroyed.

Hurting much? :greengrin

As for the better team losing, that argument's wearing a bit thin as far as Arsenal's concerned.

Plenty of pretty football in midfield but with absolutely zero end product and added to that, they are the ultimate bottlers.

I'd actually like to see the Old Trafford DJ play THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA5jsa1lR9c) at full time as it would sum up Arsenal's competition aspirations for this season quite nicely after tonight's result. :greengrin

Liam89
12-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Watching Wenger standing there with a glum look on his face made me feel sad.

12-03-2011, 06:15 PM

Full time, 2-0. :partyhibb

Arsenal's been knocked out of three competitions in less than two weeks, that's actually quite an impressive feat that not even the Hearts team of 1986 could equal. :thumbsup:

12-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I dunno why but these threads REALLY piss me off - absolutely no reason to either :confused:

HibeeSince85
12-03-2011, 06:20 PM
How long would you stick with Wenger now if your a gooner, great philosophy on how to play the game but they're gonna struggle for a trophy this season now.

12-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Scholes really is a dirty bassa.

94th minute against 10 men and 2-0 up and he gets a yellow then a warning 2 seconds later :rolleyes: Id love to punch that little ****er in the mouth.

Van der sar MOTM Falkirkmanuinitedloveinfan suggests to me Arsenal didnt play all that bad..They were the better side, Dont think anyone will suggest different.

Think someone needs to tell Ferguson Giggs is finished, And stop playing him for the sympathy vote.

12-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Giggs finished??? Have a word :rolleyes:

12-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Giggs finished??? Have a word :rolleyes:

Ok. Not finished but not good enough for Man u.

You have a word

12-03-2011, 06:30 PM
I dunno why but these threads REALLY piss me off - absolutely no reason to either :confused:

They piss me off as any guest on Hibs.net would be entitled to think that some Hibs fans see Hibs as their Scottish team but they really support a 'real' 'big' team in England :rolleyes:

We really like to put ourselves down. Witness the many posts declaring the Championship as brilliant compared to the SPL. Much as I hate the huns, NO Championship team would reach the last 16 in a European competition.

I enjoy watching football at all levels but only really get excited about Hibs and Scotland. Time for a separate part of the board for football that isn't HIbs?

HibeeSince85
12-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok. Not finished but not good enough for Man u.

You have a word

Aye he is, don't think your gonna find many agreeing with you here

12-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Wenger has been the main problem for Arsenal these last five years. He has the fans and the Arsenal-loving London media in a hypnotic trance.

Witness his stubbornness in
a)not building a decent defence in front of a decent goalie

b)rejecting the simple tactic of having people who can get to the byline and cross to a proper striker who can head it

I reckon Arsenal should have sacked him and appointed Redknapp two years ago!

12-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Wenger has been the main problem for Arsenal these last five years. He has the fans and the Arsenal-loving London media in a hypnotic trance.

a)not building a decent defence in front of a decent goalie

b)rejecting the simple tactic of having people who can get to the byline and cross to a proper striker who can head it

Kinda agree with that :agree: Not the Redknapp bit :greengrin But go out and spend £50M on a world class defender..Arsenal fans sick of hearing how much profit they make year upon year. SPEND.

12-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Scholes really is a dirty bassa.

94th minute against 10 men and 2-0 up and he gets a yellow then a warning 2 seconds later :rolleyes: Id love to punch that little ****er in the mouth.

Van der sar MOTM Falkirkmanuinitedloveinfan suggests to me Arsenal didnt play all that bad..They were the better side, Dont think anyone will suggest different.

Think someone needs to tell Ferguson Giggs is finished, And stop playing him for the sympathy vote.

Ryan Giggs would have been named in almost every single squad at last summer's World Cup and the same could probably be said of him at next year's European Championships.

He's not finished by any stretch of the imagination.

soupy
12-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Hibbyandy, dry your eyes mate, lol

12-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Ryan Giggs would have been named in almost every single squad at last summer's World Cup and the same could probably be said of him at next year's European Championships.

He's not finished by any stretch of the imagination.

Difference of opinion then.

Good enough for Stoke, Wigan West brom maybe but not Man u.

12-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Hibbyandy, dry your eyes mate, lol

Cha member aken you ya bampot :greengrin

12-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Hibs fans supporting manure is a bad as someone from falkirk supporting rangers or Celtic. No doubt.

Bizzare post. Typical ABU

Basically a second stream United side with players out of position won easily against Arsenal.

You could argue that this is a poor United squad and I would agree but we have Fergie and basically he has had no match since the Special One left. The man is a genius. A moaning genius admittedly. :greengrin

12-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Nothing wrong with the Scholes tackle. Football players are like woman (better no say that):wink: these days. He won the ball fair and square hence why he never got booked.

12-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Bizzare post. Typical ABU

Basically a second stream United side with players out of position won easily against Arsenal.

You could argue that this is a poor United squad and I would agree but we have Fergie and basically he has had no match since the Special One left. The man is a genius. A moaning genius admittedly. :greengrin

He moans less than rubbish spoke by manure fans on this site. :)

steviecarnie
12-03-2011, 08:23 PM
im not gonna get involved in some of the nonsense spouted on here tonight about the game, but can someone explain how aaron ramsey can play tonight? thats 3 teams in one season??

12-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Surprised that nearly everyone on here wants to bury Arsenal. They may be flawed but will I gladly watch them at every opportunity.

They can go top of the League if they win their game in hand. The bad run has to end some time soon.

With Manure fighting on three fronts, I'll take the Gooners to end the trophy-less years in style.

Tynie01011973
12-03-2011, 08:38 PM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

It seems some posters on here don't like Man U - bit of the green eyed monsters.

Facts are - Arsenal for all the 'pretty nice tippy-tappy football' they may play have a softer centre than a Cremé Caramel !!.

Man U know how to beat them 'with ease' - let them play their stuff at the half-way line but as soon as it gets to the business end of the game - snuff them out with ease :wink:

Must be hard to be a Gooner supporter atm - Barca destroyed them playing the game 'they wish' they could play :greengrin

Man U let them think they might do something - only to beat them with the 'usual' sucker punch

:faf::faf::faf:

12-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Regarding this thread, one of the reasons for posting very little these days is opinions and negativity surrounding Arsenal not Hibs and how they are fancy dans and are deemed as failures because they haven`t won the world cup, champions league exctra..........................in my opinion they play the game the way it should be played and they enjoy the game the way that it is played with an abundance of talent and imagination. Spain didn`t become european champions and world cup winners overnight and subsequently have enjoyed success, i can`t be botherd to argue with the fickle who exist in bars and the media in general who argue from the cowardly stance of hindsight.

12-03-2011, 09:01 PM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

It seems some posters on here don't like Man U - bit of the green eyed monsters.

Facts are - Arsenal for all the 'pretty nice tippy-tappy football' they may play have a softer centre than a Cremé Caramel !!.

Man U know how to beat them 'with ease' - let them play their stuff at the half-way line but as soon as it gets to the business end of the game - snuff them out with ease :wink:

Must be hard to be a Gooner supporter atm - Barca destroyed them playing the game 'they wish' they could play :greengrin

Man U let them think they might do something - only to beat them with the 'usual' sucker punch

:faf::faf::faf:

How often do you get to Old Trafford? Why them and not Wigan or Stockport?

We moan about the amount of glory-hunters that leave Edinburgh every weekend to watch the Bigots but whenever Man Utd or any other (currently) successful English team plays a game, we have tons of posters claiming to have an affinity with them. Mental.

12-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/AN Other English side = pettiest threads on hibs.net imaginable.

12-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/AN Other English side = pettiest threads on hibs.net imaginable.

Most likely you go your way i`ll go mine.

Tynie01011973
12-03-2011, 09:16 PM
How often do you get to Old Trafford? Why them and not Wigan or Stockport?

We moan about the amount of glory-hunters that leave Edinburgh every weekend to watch the Bigots but whenever Man Utd or any other (currently) successful English team plays a game, we have tons of posters claiming to have an affinity with them. Mental.

Oh Dear :rolleyes: - I support Hibs - which is why I joined this forum.

With regards to supporting an EPL team, they will always be 2nd :thumbsup:

As to your question about visiting Old Trafford - I have been there 3 times in last 5 years or so [ including the Man Derby - Michael Owen :not worth- if that is good enough for you. :rolleyes:

If you want to query about what EPL teams people support on this free forum - I suggest the 'vast majority' of people will not have ventured anywhere near 'their' teams grounds.

Sorry if 'my views' upset you - not a Gooner are you :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin must be hurtin

12-03-2011, 09:27 PM

Possibly. But they're entertaining.

12-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Man U know how to beat them 'with ease' - let them play their stuff at the half-way line but as soon as it gets to the business end of the game - snuff them out with ease

Yes, the Manchesters won with ease today. So easy that they could have had Nishy in goals and still won. All the more surprising then that their actual goalie won MOM. How could that have happened? :confused:

Tynie01011973
12-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Yes, the Manchesters won with ease today. So easy that they could have had Nishy in goals and still won. All the more surprising then that their actual goalie won MOM. How could that have happened? :confused:

Not the first time MU got a decision their way at OT maybe :na na::wink:

as previously stated - look at the best chances in the game MU could easily have turned them over by more than 2

:greengrin:greengrin

12-03-2011, 10:52 PM

Don't you agree that Arsenal's confidence has been dented since they lost to Birmingham? :wink:

13-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Here is my input. I support Hibs. I love Hibs and I have body art to prove it. I also reckon I have been to more games than most members on this forum. So I am not a glory hunter obv. I dont support any premiership team, infact I hate modern football but... I like to see Man Utd winning in England. They have had two great managers in their history, both Scots. They were an average team with a huge fan base that became greats due to Busby and Fergie. I hate Chelsea and Man City because the reason they have went about business. So far that reason I would like to see Man Utd dominate English football. Either than that I hate Sky and modern soccer. GGTTH

THFC6061
13-03-2011, 06:39 AM
Wonderful to see Wenger's gutless wonders eliminated from three of their four targets in the space of 13 days.

13-03-2011, 07:59 AM
as previously stated - look at the best chances in the game MU could easily have turned them over by more than 2

The Manchesters could have scored more, and so could Arsenal. According to the stats on the BBC site, Arsenal had more shots on and off target, and more possession. And Van der Sar got MOM. Personally thought it was a good game, which could have gone either way. Manchester were only on top with the goalscoring chances at the very end when they were 11 against a tiring 10. Game was played in a good spirit - unusual for these fixtures - until Scholes came on and for no apparent reason started scything people down. Has he got some sort of personality disorder? :dunno:

Don't you agree that Arsenal's confidence has been dented since they lost to Birmingham? :wink:
Not really. Defensive howler lost them the Brimmingham game; they were spanked by (easily) the best team on the planet in the CL (and only lost by one goal on aggregate); they were certainly not spanked by Manchester yesterday. Not beyond Arsenal to win the EPL from here, though I don't think they'll do it unless Fabregas and Van Persie are fully fit throughout. Djourou will be a big loss
as Squillaci is not up to it yet, but the only signs of wilting that I've noticed in the Arsenal games that I've seen were when they were 10 v 11 in the Nou Camp, and I don't think that'll be relevant at Stoke, White Hart Lane etc.

13-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Not really. Defensive howler lost them the Brimmingham game; they were spanked by (easily) the best team on the planet in the CL (and only lost by one goal on aggregate); they were certainly not spanked by Manchester yesterday. Not beyond Arsenal to win the EPL from here, though I don't think they'll do it unless Fabregas and Van Persie are fully fit throughout. Djourou will be a big loss
as Squillaci is not up to it yet, but the only signs of wilting that I've noticed in the Arsenal games that I've seen were when they were 10 v 11 in the Nou Camp, and I don't think that'll be relevant at Stoke, White Hart Lane etc.

And the 0-0 draw at home to Sunderland? My :wink: was because after the league cup final I said that Arsenal's confidence would take a dent now which would impact the rest of their season. And you commented:

Do you ever have a thought, about anything, which doesn't involve Manchester United in some way? :dunno:

I told you it had nothing to do with Man Utd and that I was merely stating that Arsenal would do well to recover from such a loss.

In hindsight, do you not think I'm right? :aok:

13-03-2011, 12:13 PM
It would be nice if these Man Utd/Arsenal threads could have the tiniest bit of objectivity in them. You all sound like hibby versions of fergie and wenger to be honest.

13-03-2011, 02:02 PM
And the 0-0 draw at home to Sunderland? My :wink: was because after the league cup final I said that Arsenal's confidence would take a dent now which would impact the rest of their season. And you commented:

I told you it had nothing to do with Man Utd and that I was merely stating that Arsenal would do well to recover from such a loss.

In hindsight, do you not think I'm right? :aok:

No. As I've just said, I've not seen any evidence of a dent in confidence. From the highlights I saw of the Arsenal v Sunderland game, Arsenal were well on top and they failed to score. They lost to Barcelona and Manchester - the fact that they lost both those games does not imo equate to a loss in confidence. They could have won the game yesterday if they had taken their chances and Manchester hadn't. The first Manchester goal nearly went over the bar and the second trickled over the line in-off a post. Could easily have finished 0-0.
I don't see where you saw a lack of confidence in the way that Arsenal played. And I still don't understand, if Arsenal are now "bottling" it, why Van der Sar was busy enough to win MoM - care to explain that apparent anomaly?

I continue to maintain that your glee at the result of the Arsenal v Brimmingham game was nothing to do with the game itself and everything to do with your belief that the result would benefit Manchester United, as for some reason you are obsessed with that team. :na na:

13-03-2011, 02:47 PM
No. As I've just said, I've not seen any evidence of a dent in confidence. From the highlights I saw of the Arsenal v Sunderland game, Arsenal were well on top and they failed to score. They lost to Barcelona and Manchester - the fact that they lost both those games does not imo equate to a loss in confidence. They could have won the game yesterday if they had taken their chances and Manchester hadn't. The first Manchester goal nearly went over the bar and the second trickled over the line in-off a post. Could easily have finished 0-0.
I don't see where you saw a lack of confidence in the way that Arsenal played. And I still don't understand, if Arsenal are now "bottling" it, why Van der Sar was busy enough to win MoM - care to explain that apparent anomaly?

I continue to maintain that your glee at the result of the Arsenal v Brimmingham game was nothing to do with the game itself and everything to do with your belief that the result would benefit Manchester United, as for some reason you are obsessed with that team. :na na:

Arsenal have been pumped out of 3 competitions in 2 weeks. I think thats a lack of confidence. Even Arsene Wenger, as stubborn as he usually is, hinted it will be hard to pick his players up after yesterday's game. If Arsene Wenger can admit it, surely you can?

Its all a moot point anyway. I'm nothing like obsessed with Man United. I'm a Man Utd supporter, ie I support Man Utd. I'm a Hibs fan, meaning I am fanatical about Hibs. The only reason I post on these threads is to get a rise out of people like you anyway :fishin:

So stop getting your knickers in a twist. :aok::na na:

13-03-2011, 03:48 PM
How long would you stick with Wenger now if your a gooner, great philosophy on how to play the game but they're gonna struggle for a trophy this season now.

He's getting to be a luxury they can no longer afford, IMO.

And you can bet that there are people in the Arsenal boardroom thinking just that. Pretty football's fine - up to a point - but you need results.

a) not building a decent defence in front of a decent goalie

b) rejecting the simple tactic of having people who can get to the byline and cross to a proper striker who can head it

OOOOH - Redknapp? They'll be after you for that, mate... :rolleyes:

Leeds got the reputation of being perpetual also-rans in the 1960's, but with them at least you see what Revie was trying to achieve, and they didn't take 6 years to acquire some silverware.

(They still went around with their faces tripping them, mind.)

Arsenal are a bit like the Hibs of that time - lots of talent, at times irresistible, but basically you know that when the going gets tough, Arsenal will bottle it nine times out of ten.

13-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Arsenal have been pumped out of 3 competitions in 2 weeks. I think thats a lack of confidence. Even Arsene Wenger, as stubborn as he usually is, hinted it will be hard to pick his players up after yesterday's game. If Arsene Wenger can admit it, surely you can?

Its all a moot point anyway. I'm nothing like obsessed with Man United. I'm a Man Utd supporter, ie I support Man Utd. I'm a Hibs fan, meaning I am fanatical about Hibs. The only reason I post on these threads is to get a rise out of people like you anyway :fishin:

So stop getting your knickers in a twist. :aok::na na:

I ain't getting any knickers in a twist. Your argument is basically that Arsenal have lost to Barcelona and Manchester United, therefore that proves they have lost confidence because of a result against Birmingham. Which is patent nonsense.

Barcelona will pump whoever they get next in the CL. No doubt if it's your lot you will be on here acknowledging it was because they have lost confidence.

The idea, which is not unique to you, that losing to Barca is about a lack of "bottle" is just bizarre. As is the idea that Wenger doesn't really know enough about fitba to produce winning teams. A hoot. :faf:

13-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I ain't getting any knickers in a twist. Your argument is basically that Arsenal have lost to Barcelona and Manchester United, therefore that proves they have lost confidence because of a result against Birmingham. Which is patent nonsense.

Barcelona will pump whoever they get next in the CL. No doubt if it's your lot you will be on here acknowledging it was because they have lost confidence.

The idea, which is not unique to you, that losing to Barca is about a lack of "bottle" is just bizarre. As is the idea that Wenger doesn't really know enough about fitba to produce winning teams. A hoot. :faf:

Great post.

And absolutely spot on.

13-03-2011, 04:50 PM
I am so glad I started using the ignore button a while back so I don't have to read the pish spouted by FalkirkHibee and co and their pants wetting Man U love in.

13-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I am so glad I started using the ignore button a while back so I don't have to read the pish spouted by FalkirkHibee and co and their pants wetting Man U love in.

Am getting to that point :agree:

13-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Arsenal are a good team. I love the way they play the game, its great to watch.

But anyone who fails to see their frailties when it comes to the big games and when it comes to the business end of the season has been quite frankly living in a cave for the last 5 years.

ENDOF.

13-03-2011, 05:13 PM

But anyone who fails to see their frailties when it comes to the big games and when it comes to the business end of the season has been quite frankly living in a cave for the last 5 years.

ENDOF.

Id say its against the Lesser teams Arsenal have struggled with this term.. In the so called big games they have beat city away 3-0 drew with them 0-0 at the Emirates..Drew away to Liverpool 1-1... Beat Chelsea ( Sorry molested Chelsea) at the Emirates 3-1. Lost 1-0 to Man u away but were very unlucky not to get a point..Opposed to Newcastle winning 1-0 at the Emirates..West Brom winning 3-2 at the Emirates..Drawing home and away to Sunderland.

Can we brutally honest here, Arsenal lost against the best club side in the world over 2 legs 4-3..Folk are questioning if its THEE greatest ever club side of all time..Mark my words Barca IF they get Man u will put them out the competiton too, FACT,

A game in hand to go joint top of the League is nae mean feat, But lets not call Arsenal bottlers here. Until Man u go a season unbeaten they can be seen as bottlers no? We could go on and on..Round and round..

13-03-2011, 05:14 PM

ENDOF.

:bsod:

13-03-2011, 05:42 PM

A, this must be a blood thing.
I was at Old Trafford last night and I HATE Man U a close joint second with the Huns and only behind the plums.

Everything about them is plastic right down to the Malaysian beer they sell at the ground and their robotic non-manc ****bag of a support.

13-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Oh Dear :rolleyes: - I support Hibs - which is why I joined this forum.

With regards to supporting an EPL team, they will always be 2nd :thumbsup:

As to your question about visiting Old Trafford - I have been there 3 times in last 5 years or so [ including the Man Derby - Michael Owen :not worth- if that is good enough for you. :rolleyes:

If you want to query about what EPL teams people support on this free forum - I suggest the 'vast majority' of people will not have ventured anywhere near 'their' teams grounds.

Sorry if 'my views' upset you - not a Gooner are you :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin must be hurtin

Three times? That surely qualifies you for a bit of gloating then. I take it all back.

Now that I think about it, I've seen Arsenal, Man City, Newcastle, Wigan and Everton more than three times each. I don't support any of them.

13-03-2011, 07:03 PM
They piss me off as any guest on Hibs.net would be entitled to think that some Hibs fans see Hibs as their Scottish team but they really support a 'real' 'big' team in England :rolleyes:We really like to put ourselves down. Witness the many posts declaring the Championship as brilliant compared to the SPL. Much as I hate the huns, NO Championship team would reach the last 16 in a European competition.

I enjoy watching football at all levels but only really get excited about Hibs and Scotland. Time for a separate part of the board for football that isn't HIbs?

Any guest on Hibs.net might be interested to find that we Hibbies can discuss more than just Hibs when it comes to football.

That and fall over each other to be 'funniest' when it comes down to pish (about Hibs) like

The Villa game.
Enoch Showumni
Murray on for Miller
Colin Nish
etc etc etzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

14-03-2011, 11:08 AM

And here was me thinking that this forum was for "discussing Hibs and football related chat in general". :rolleyes:

14-03-2011, 12:12 PM
And here was me thinking that this forum was for "discussing Hibs and football related chat in general". :rolleyes:

He can't see your reply. :greengrin

14-03-2011, 12:22 PM

Aye, that's fair enough. Personally find it a bit sad that some folks cling to a team hundreds of miles away. Maybe they don't get enough glory out of supporting Hibs?

The concept of supporting two different football teams is a bit alien to me.

14-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Aye, that's fair enough. Personally find it a bit sad that some folks cling to a team hundreds of miles away. Maybe they don't get enough glory out of supporting Hibs?

The concept of supporting two different football teams is a bit alien to me.

As I've explained hundreds of times before, I like Manchester Utd and I love Hibs, that is the difference. I've never been to a Manchester Utd game in my life and although I would quite like to go and see one of their games some time, it would need to be when Hibs weren't playing because I would rather watch Hibs v East Fife in the second round of the League Cup than Manchester Utd v Chelsea in the FA Cup final every day of the week.

I actually probably exaggerate my feelings for United on here at times, just to get the Liverpool/City fans going.

14-03-2011, 12:33 PM
As I've explained hundreds of times before, I like Manchester Utd and I love Hibs, that is the difference. I've never been to a Manchester Utd game in my life and although I would quite like to go and see one of their games some time, it would need to be when Hibs weren't playing because I would rather watch Hibs v East Fife in the second round of the League Cup than Manchester Utd v Chelsea in the FA Cup final every day of the week.

I actually probably exaggerate my feelings for United on here at times, just to get the Liverpool/City fans going.

Bet you wouldnae :devil:

Hank Schrader
14-03-2011, 12:39 PM

Sorry, but if you have blocked certain posters on here, just because they follow/talk about Man Utd then you are a .

14-03-2011, 12:39 PM

Yeah, that's probably it. You do come across as a bit obsessive considering it's a team you've only ever seen on the telly. :agree:

14-03-2011, 12:41 PM

Glory hunter eh. Who would have thought it. Even I've been to Old Trafford and I have a pic to prove it.

14-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Any guest on Hibs.net might be interested to find that we Hibbies can discuss more than just Hibs when it comes to football.

That and fall over each other to be 'funniest' when it comes down to pish (about Hibs) like

The Villa game.
Enoch Showumni
Murray on for Miller
Colin Nish
etc etc etzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:dummytit: Get over yourself. Just scroll on if it's not up to your high standards. :aok:

14-03-2011, 04:38 PM
4 pages on English football teams? Jesus wept.

14-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Glory hunter eh. Who would have thought it. Even I've been to Old Trafford and I have a pic to prove it.

I've been to Old Trafford as well, about six or seven years ago, for the tour of the stadium and museum and I went to Old Trafford again in 2009 when I was down for the Hibs games at Bolton and Blackburn.

I've just never been to a Manchester Utd match, that's all.