PDA

View Full Version : Richie Towell can't play against Celtc

Keith_M
12-03-2011, 11:04 AM
I didn't realise this but it's against SPL rules for a loanee to play against his own club

Link (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Towell-forced-out-of-Hibs39.6732954.jp)

On the positive side, maybe less chance of an own goal :wink:

Golden Bear
12-03-2011, 11:06 AM
And just for a change Michael Hart could be out due to injury.

:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
12-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure it needs to be an SPL rule to be honest.

I don't know of any club that would allow one of their players to play against them whilst they're out on loan at a rival club.

Steven Thicot at RB then? :rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
12-03-2011, 11:16 AM
In that case, bring D into RB, and set up:

Brown

Spoony Dickoh Hanlon Booth

Scott Miller Palsson Thornhill Riordan

Sodje

Simples.

Keith_M
12-03-2011, 11:17 AM

I don't know of any club that would allow one of their players to play against them whilst they're out on loan at a rival club.

FWIW, I actually agree with the rule. I'd hate for one of our players to have a stormer against us while out on loan.

Twiglet
12-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Steven Thicot at RB then? :rolleyes:

Don't know about Thicot. He's been out injured for a few weeks and was only back at training last week.

Sir David Gray
12-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Don't know about Thicot. He's been out injured for a few weeks and was only back at training last week.

Well if Towell's ineligible and Hart and Thicot are both injured, we'll probably need to play Wotherspoon at RB then? :dunno:

Team;

Brown

Wotherspoon
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Palsson
Scott
Miller
Thornhill

Riordan
Sodje

SUBS

Smith
Stephens
Stevenson
Murray
Galbraith
Nish
Vaz Te

Twiglet
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Well if Towell's ineligible and Hart and Thicot are both injured, we'll probably need to play Wotherspoon at RB then? :dunno:

Team;

Brown

Wotherspoon
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Palsson
Scott
Miller
Thornhill

Riordan
Sodje

SUBS

Smith
Stephens
Stevenson
Murray
Galbraith
Nish
Vaz Te

With our midfield being stronger that could work. Only thing is Wotherspoon seems to be running on empty a bit recently. Hopefully the break this weekend will be good for him and give him time to recharge his batteries. Thicot could be a sub though.

seanraff07
12-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Spoony at RB i'd think.

KWJ
12-03-2011, 12:00 PM
What's the latest on Kevin McCann?

Sir David Gray
12-03-2011, 12:18 PM
FWIW, I actually agree with the rule. I'd hate for one of our players to have a stormer against us while out on loan.

I don't have a problem with the rule. I would just have thought that all that would need to happen is the club putting the player out on loan would have a written agreement with the club that the player is going to which states that the player cannot play in any games between the two sides during the loan spell.

Even without this SPL rule, I don't think there's any team that would allow one of their own players to play against them.

For that reason, I believe the rule is unnecessary.

iwasthere1972
12-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Jake Robinson has just scored his second goal for Torquay against Shrewsbury. Yes you've guessed correctly........he's on loan from Shrewsbury.

leeds_hibby
12-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Arsenal let sanchez watt play against them twice for leeds utd in the fa cup and he had a blinder in both.

sahib
12-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Good!
He is a ****in liability.

NOLA
14-03-2011, 12:12 PM
What's the latest on Kevin McCann?

still recovering from injury im sure:rolleyes: out of contract in the summer,

El Gubbz
14-03-2011, 12:41 PM
He isn't the only hibs player not able to play on wednesday

ArabHibee
15-03-2011, 06:29 AM
Good!
He is a ****in liability.

Sorry but I totally disagree. He's had his moments but on the whole I think he's been a good loan signing.

ArabHibee
15-03-2011, 06:31 AM
He isn't the only hibs player not able to play on wednesday

I think a lot of Hibs players are not able to play on Wednesday.:wink:

Golden Bear
15-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Sorry but I totally disagree. He's had his moments but on the whole I think he's been a good loan signing.

I think Sahib may have forgotten to post his sarcastic smiley.

But there again this is Hibs net where our players are expected to perform at 100% of their abilities for 100% of the time.