PDA

View Full Version : Lobby Your MP Re Beer Duty Increase

Frazerbob
11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
A subject close to all our hearts......

Dear Friend

Beer and the Budget 2011 – please lobby your MP to sign EDM 1475

I know you share our concerns about the huge increases in beer duty in recent years – over 26% in two years.

Yet despite these huge tax rises, the Chancellor doesn’t intend to stop here! He is currently planning a further seven per cent rise in beer duty in the Budget, on 23rd March. Such a huge increase in duty will add ten pence to the price of a pint – even after the 6p rise caused by increased VAT. It will cause further pub closures and job losses – and undermine Government plans to boost growth/manufacturing.

That’s why I am asking for your help, to email your local MP to ask them to support a motion in Parliament, EDM 1475, which calls on the Government to think again.

It will literally take a few seconds of your time. Please visit the ‘I’m backing the Pub’ website at www.backthepub.com and type your postcode into the ‘petition your MP’ box. This will create an email for you to send to your local MP – the key points will appear for you, to adapt if you wish. And by all means ask your own friends and contacts to join the campaign.

Thanks so much for your help. The more pressure we bring, the more the Government will have to think again about putting these huge extra taxes on the beer and pub trade.

With best wishes,

The I’m backing the pub campaign team

www.backthepub.com

Saorsa
11-03-2011, 10:10 PM
:aok: