PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think Templeton of Hearts is on a week?

SkintHibby
11-03-2011, 05:02 PM
The answer to this took me by surprise when I found out today...

£800 per week.

I was working with a young Glaswegian guy today who is one of his best mates and he said his wages went up from £500 to £800 pw only recently.

He said his family are all screwballs and he's a huge celtc fan.

£800 pw? Big team my arse!:lolyam:

scoopyboy
11-03-2011, 05:14 PM

£800 per week.

I was working with a young Glaswegian guy today who is one of his best mates and he said his wages went up from £500 to £800 pw only recently.

Really, let me tell you something he might not have told you. Hearts get £1500 for a league win so Templeton will have picked up a few bigger weekly wages than the £800 basic you claim.

I don't know what he earns but I do know that one of their younger players than Templeton is on way above that and if I had to bet I would say Templeton is on more than £800.

We could argue all day about big team but make no mistake they pay far more than us. Yes they can't afford to but they do so do yourself a favour and don't get caught up in silly arguments with Jambo fans about wages.

BTW there are some of our players who wouldn't mind £800 a week.

SkintHibby
11-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Really, let me tell you something he might not have told you. Hearts get £1500 for a league win so Templeton will have picked up a few bigger weekly wages than the £800 basic you claim.

I don't know what he earns but I do know that one of their younger players than Templeton is on way above that and if I had to bet I would say Templeton is on more than £800.

We could argue all day about big team but make no mistake they pay far more than us. Yes they can't afford to but they do so do yourself a favour and don't get caught up in silly arguments with Jambo fans about wages.

BTW there are some of our players who wouldn't mind £800 a week.

You'll need to trust me on this.

That is what he gets paid per week. His mate said that as FACT.

He has also aquired a new agent but his mate says he is really happy at Hearts as they have brought him all the way through the ranks.

I don't give a monkeys what you think anyway.:bye:

Future17
11-03-2011, 05:24 PM

£800 per week.

What's wrong with £800 p/w for a player of Templeton's age and level of development?

What did you think he was getting? :confused:

Future17
11-03-2011, 05:25 PM

He has also aquired a new agent but his mate says he is really happy at Hearts as they have brought him all the way through the ranks.

All the way through the ranks? They signed him a couple of years ago from Stenhousemuir. I think your mate has been winding you up and you've bitten well and truly.

poolman
11-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Scoopyboy never disagreed about the basic pay

Read his post properly

He was telling you about his win bonus

Which is actually paid over and abover your basic pay, dontyaknow :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
11-03-2011, 05:28 PM

Firstly, no need for the fourth and last sentence, it is simply ignorant.

Secondly, you are believing a third party who may have got it wrong.

Lastly he has not been brought all the way through the ranks, he was signed from Stenhousemuir.

SkintHibby
11-03-2011, 05:31 PM
All the way through the ranks? They signed him a couple of years ago from Stenhousemuir. I think your mate has been winding you up and you've bitten well and truly.

I don't know - he's his mate and I'm only telling you what I was told.

Jeez, you come on here to state something and jump down yer throat!:confused:

Singapore Hibs
11-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Not sure how accurate this info is.

Regarding him being a Celtic fan anyway, I remember reading he was apparently named after Davie Cooper.

SkintHibby
11-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Regarding him being a Celtic fan anyway, I remember reading he was apparently named after Davies Cooper.

Aw FFS!!!

OK, I'm a lying b******* and so is his mate!

Happy now?:rolleyes:

Future17
11-03-2011, 05:36 PM

To be fair, I don't think anyone has jumped down your throat.

You've stated something and you've got to expect other people's opinions and information back.

Singapore Hibs
11-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Bit strong mate!

Not sure if you are lying or not.

What I said is true though (google it).

No harm intended.

scoopyboy
11-03-2011, 05:41 PM

Dearie me, I'm a bawbag now.

I am glad you came on and told us what you were told, that is what messageboards are about and I hope you continue to post.

However you met a young Glaswegian today who told you something and you believe it to be gospel. I bit nieve perhaps, I have been informed in the past that weegies do not always tell the truth.

Did the honest weegie also tell you he had been brought through the ranks at Tynecastle?

SkintHibby
11-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Bit strong mate!

Not sure if you are lying or not.

What I said is true though (google it).

No harm intended.

Don't you think it's possible his da is/was a hun?

Jeez! I despair, I really do.:grr:

scoopyboy
11-03-2011, 05:43 PM

I'll give you that one.

If my dad named me after a Rangers player I would have rebelled as well.

Singapore Hibs
11-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Of course.

As I said no harm intended.

pentlando
11-03-2011, 05:49 PM
£800 p/w is a lot of money, over 40,000 a year. For someone who only really broke into the team this season that's a pretty decent wage if you ask me.

scoopyboy
11-03-2011, 06:01 PM
£800 p/w is a lot of money, over 40,000 a year. For someone who only really broke into the team this season that's a pretty decent wage if you ask me.

It would be for any other club outwith the OF and Hearts.

They do tend however to throw money at players and the youngsters are generally no exception.

Albion Hibs
11-03-2011, 06:13 PM
It would not suprise me if it is true, he is still probably on his first hertz contract, in any event he probably doubles it with an appearance fee as well as any win bonus so could walk away with decent money.

I suppose it will be more than plenty when you consider the only thing he needs to spend his money on asda savers hair gel and childrens size clothes.

Removed
11-03-2011, 06:23 PM

I really don't know why this is even worthy of a thread. And what exactly are you laughing at them for :confused:

cocopops1875
11-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Defo a hun and named after cooper bad times for the op

ecosse
11-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Defo a hun and named after cooper bad times for the op

was a celtic fan when younger ,dad was a hun

Iggy Pope
11-03-2011, 06:43 PM
was a celtic fan when younger ,dad was a hun

Sounds awful really, doesn't it? Now he's a plum in to the bargain. Talk about getting hit with the ugly stick.

cocopops1875
11-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Haha that's even worse imagine I mean what chance has the hidious wee hobbit had I'm pleased he has made it out of the confusion out west and is only edinburgh ugly apologies to the op clearly got my wires crossed

Frazerbob
11-03-2011, 06:57 PM
ios name was discussed by the commentary team at the recent Hearts v Rangers love in on Sky. Apparently he was named after Davie Cooper but is a Celtc fan. He comes from a mixed family by all accounts.

My God, it doesn't get much worse for the lad, Rangers AND Celtc supporting family, named after a complete erse of a man (all be it great footballer) and plays for Hearts. Somebody should have called Social Services!

oldbutdim
11-03-2011, 07:23 PM
He came through the ranks at Stenny as already stated.
Der Hun took him on trial and he thought he was on a winner - then they said they didn't want him.
As he was unsettled at Stenny, and obviously had a big future in the game, I emailed Hibs to 'tip them off'

:rolleyes:

The rest ........... as they say........... is history.

:paranoid:

E.T. is a Hibee
11-03-2011, 07:27 PM
I've heard that he's on £8k per week!

.Sean.
11-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I'd work for 800 a week. I don't even earn half that!

Future17
11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I'd work for 800 a week. I don't even earn half that!

You obviously don't sell enough pegs. :agree:

hibeenicol
11-03-2011, 08:55 PM

£800 per week.

he's pish anyway! :jamboak:

essexhibee
11-03-2011, 09:50 PM
he's pish anyway! :jamboak:
Id have to disagree i think hes a decent wee player. Hes teared us up in derbies enough times over recent months. :rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
11-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Id have to disagree i think hes a decent wee player. Hes teared us up in derbies enough times over recent months. :rolleyes:

Once. In November.

E.T. is a Hibee
11-03-2011, 09:54 PM

He makes me pissed off big time, wee smelly face ache tramp!

Fantic
11-03-2011, 10:01 PM

That'll be that then. Fact written on an internet forum in capital letters :aok:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Once. In November.

:agree: Perspective.

essexhibee
11-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Once. In November.

Also remember the game we lost 2-1 with that giraffe obua scoring in injury time.

Absolutely tore murray to shreds that day was a threat every time he got the ball.

Wotherspiniesta
11-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Also remember the game we lost 2-1 with that giraffe obua scoring in injury time.

Absolutely tore murray to shreds that day was a threat every time he got the ball.

I must have missed him scoring or setting any goals up that day. That was at a time when Murray was getting "tore to shreds" by most SPL wingers.

Is this you bargaining for a cut of Templeton's £800 a week? :wink:

Climb out his arse. He's had half a good season and not done anything of note in the last 3 months.

LeithBoozy
12-03-2011, 12:51 AM
A word to the wise, whatever money he is on. I would strongly advise him to up his Insurance, if he decide's to go on one of his runs from the half-way line against this new Hibs midfield. I do not wish any harm to him, but I can just see it now.SPLAT oh dear what a HEARTBREAKER. :wink:

Hibs90
12-03-2011, 08:53 AM

Why post it on a Hibs forum then? :wink:

Brooster
12-03-2011, 09:13 AM
That awkward moment when you rush back home to post some 'inside information' on Hibs.net only to get blown right out of the water.......hahahahahaha.

sleeping giant
12-03-2011, 11:39 AM
That awkward moment when you rush back home to post some 'inside information' on Hibs.net only to get blown right out of the water.......hahahahahaha.

Been there before Brooster ?
:greengrin

Ritchie
12-03-2011, 12:29 PM
i know a fact about templeton which is gospel!!

he likes a hooker or two.... source... my mate who was on a night out with him in glasgow through a mutual friend...... at the end of the night he got a taxi driver to take him to a brothel!! :faf:

100% factumundo!

oldbutdim
12-03-2011, 12:35 PM

he likes a hooker or two.... source... my mate who was on a night out with him in glasgow through a mutual friend...... at the end of the night he got a taxi driver to take him to a brothel!! :faf:

100% factumundo!

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick.

More likely that his wages hadn't been paid (again) and he was earning a few quid as a rentboy.

Brooster
12-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Been there before Brooster ?
:greengrin

Nope, happy to be proved wrong though.

sleeping giant
12-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Nope, happy to be proved wrong though.

It was more of a question rather than an accusation :aok:

AndersonGGTTH
12-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Boring thread.

Removed
12-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Boring thread.

:faf: you start some real belters yourself.

Now where is that pot and kettle smiley :greengrin

AndersonGGTTH
12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
True True.

HibbyAndy
12-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Nae idea what he gets a week. And frankly not remotely interested.

jdships
12-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Come on "Girls" lets just call it a " no scoring draw " - that way there are no losers.
Anyway is it any business of ours what he earns ?
:rolleyes:

Renfrew_Hibby
13-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Young David is indeed a massive Celtic fan. He was all over the papers after his goal agains us, i remember reading it in the Sun.
His dad is Henry Templeton who was a prolific goalscorer for Ayr Utd. I'm from Ayr and remember Henry well from when i was a young boy in the eighties, he formed a great partnership wiith John Sludden and Ayr broke all kind of second division records.
Henry was a nutter, so the story goes, away from the pitch and he never reached the heights he should have. He is a massive hun and named his boy after Coop, but he hasn't had contact with David since he was very young and David has grown up as a hugh Celtic fan.

Diclonius
13-03-2011, 06:50 PM

Steven Thicot of all people kept him quiet in the New Year derby, so he can't be that good.

MacBean
14-03-2011, 12:38 PM

IIRC It was in the sun/record that David Templeton's Father's idol was David Cooper.

Are you generally quite an angry/aggressive person?

Scoopyboy is merely making a statement, like you. I've learnt to never take "what you hear" as gospel.

EDIT:
Here is the link - he is a Tic fan
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/12/05/david-templeton-i-grew-up-a-celtic-fan-but-gers-daft-dad-named-me-after-davie-cooper-86908-22763374/

KeithTheHibby
16-03-2011, 09:37 PM

100% factumundo!

That doesn't surprise me seeing as he is an ugly trophy eared little scrote who would have to pay for his nat king cole.