PDA

View Full Version : Information for Flag and banner owners

RIP
11-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Following the recent flag display at Green Day where flags were displayed at the back and across the centre of the East Stand a number of supporters committed to an away version of the display at McDiarmid recently. We brought enough flags/banners to cover the whole back of the away end and if things had gone according to plan it would have been an impressive sight to greet the players and Hibbies.

Only 2 banners were permitted to be hung, both pvc. All cloth banners were refused entry. Following discussions with stewards, supervisors and police officials in Perth I was referred to recent guidelines on stadium safety. In the 2010/2011 season, many clubs have implemented a flag and banner policy - see below for Middlesborough's 12thMan and supporters groups

http://www.mfc.co.uk/page/Banners/0,,1,00.html

It's interesting to note that Middlesborough store their supporters surfing flags. Hibs are looking into storage options

However some of the flags/banners brought for Green Day were up to 30 foot long, cost up to £1000 and most if not all lack a fire certificate.

I don't know what our options are nor if flags can be treated to make them fire resistant.

Any advice gratefully received

hibbymac
11-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Following the recent flag display at Green Day where flags were displayed at the back and across the centre of the East Stand a number of supporters committed to an away version of the display at McDiarmid recently. We brought enough flags/banners to cover the whole back of the away end and if things had gone according to plan it would have been an impressive sight to greet the players and Hibbies.

Only 2 banners were permitted to be hung, both pvc. All cloth banners were refused entry. Following discussions with stewards, supervisors and police officials in Perth I was referred to recent guidelines on stadium safety. In the 2010/2011 season, many clubs have implemented a flag and banner policy - see below for Middlesborough's 12thMan and supporters groups

It's interesting to note that Middlesborough store their supporters surfing flags. Hibs are looking into storage options

However some of the flags/banners brought for Green Day were up to 30 foot long, cost up to £1000 and most if not all lack a fire certificate.

I don't know what our options are nor if flags can be treated to make them fire resistant.

Any advice gratefully received

Just did a quick search, don't know if this would help Try here (http://www.fireproofspray.co.uk/?gclid=CIDg75nNxqcCFUdP4QodnByJDg)

H18sry
11-03-2011, 12:28 PM
We had to get a fire certificate from the suppliers for our C.O.M.T.A flag from the suppliers, which we then got printed on a bit of cloth and stitched to the back of the flag. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

hibbymac
11-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Or maybe some safety advice .... HERE (http://www.lothian.fire-uk.org/about_us/aboutus_contact.htm) :flag:

MSK
11-03-2011, 01:12 PM

Any advice gratefully receivedDid the hibs.net flag go to Perth ?

Jack
11-03-2011, 01:52 PM
The makers of stage props, and drops, use some sort fireproof wash, or something like that. It caught my attention on the STV ‘The Hour’ programme my wife was watching a few weeks ago, by the time I paid attention it was too late.

Do you not have theatrical connections Gogs? Or maybe if there are stage people about they could advise?

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I have never heard so much sheite in all my life. When was the last time a flag caught fire outside the middle east? :bitchy:

Moulin Yarns
12-03-2011, 10:37 AM
I have never heard so much sheite in all my life. When was the last time a flag caught fire outside the middle east? :bitchy:

Maybe they should only be banned at Arab games :wink:

Removed
12-03-2011, 10:37 AM

:agree:

I got lifted for burning a UJ at a Scotland England game at wembley but that was years ago. Naebody got burnt then. H&S gone mad.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2011, 10:40 AM
:agree:

I got lifted for burning a UJ at a Scotland England game at wembley but that was years ago. Naebody got burnt then. H&S gone mad.

Racist. :devil::duck::duck::duck::offski: :wink:

Keith_M
12-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Is it still OK to take flags to home games or will Hibs be implementing this stupid rule as well?

Sit down, shut up and pay your money. That seems to be the attitude of the football authorities in this country. :rolleyes:

Moulin Yarns
12-03-2011, 11:19 AM
I've just seen all the Dons fans flag waving. how did they get them in the ground?

Greentinted
12-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Loady bloody nonsense. Taken to the extreme, should we all be required to wear 'flameproof' clothing or attend games in the bare scuddy?

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Loady bloody nonsense. Taken to the extreme, should we all be required to wear 'flameproof' clothing or attend games in the bare scuddy?

No flares anymore. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
12-03-2011, 01:33 PM

gawd forbid :rolleyes: Enough ***** already, not to mention the bunch of *******, Load of ***** and the mistakes that are made :greengrin

Emerald
12-03-2011, 01:35 PM
How about the same display again for the derby? :flag: