PDA

View Full Version : NHC OF touchline bans

ancienthibby
10-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Beeb website reporting a headline (so no link possible) that the SFA have given Lennon a 4 game ban and FatAlly a 2 game ban.

Fine them each three month wages and the clubs £1 million each, I say!!!:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Beeb website reporting a headline (so no link possible) that the SFA have given Lennon a 4 game ban and FatAlly a 2 game ban.

How about In The spirit standing together against bigotry the contribute 250k each to match or replace the Scottish govt backing

ancienthibby
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
How about In The spirit standing together against bigotry the contribute 250k each to match or replace the Scottish govt backing

Beeb reporting they are both now charged with misconduct - may there be some substance to the punishment!

Admins - can you add NHC to the title - thanks!!

Hibs Class
10-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Bougherra and Diouf also charged with misconduct according to radio news

Sylar
10-03-2011, 06:30 PM
I had to laugh at Gordon Smith on the radio when I was driving home, asking the question "would the response be similar in future when 2 non-OF managers have a disagreement after a game - all we want to see is some consistency"

Erm, didn't he used to be in charge of such disciplinary natures as head of the Scottish FA...

Removed
10-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Gordon Smith is an arse. End of :agree:

BoltonHibee
10-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Gordon Smith is an arse. End of :agree:

Was it ever revealed why he resigned his post?

Removed
10-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Was it ever revealed why he resigned his post?

I only saw the "family reasons" quotes.

Keith_M
10-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Gordon Smith was a strange choice for the SFA, seeing as he never tired of defending the OF fans right to sing whatever bigotted songs they wanted before he was appointed.

It's no surprise he's still at it. Nothing more than an OF apologist.

Removed
10-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Gordon Smith was a strange choice for the SFA, seeing as he never tired of defending the OF fans right to sing whatever bigotted songs they wanted before he was appointed.

Once a hun always a hun. A leopard never changes it's spots.

CalgaryHibs
10-03-2011, 07:09 PM

Well giving fines is not good enough they should be docked 10 pts each reguardless league or cup games.

sixtwo
10-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Well giving fines is not good enough they should be docked 10 pts each reguardless league or cup games.

Docking points is a dangerous game with the yams so close. they should save this for the coming seasons.

On a serious note, there is a dirct link to the increase in domestic violence incidents to old firm matches. Would it make sense to donate any money from fines to these charities?

This would not only serve a decent cause but would surely highlight this problem and shame the tramps into changing their behaviour.

Antifa Hibs
10-03-2011, 07:23 PM

Should Hibs have gotten a £1m fine when Mixu and Walter Smith were about to go toe-to-toe at Ibrox a couple of seasons back?

Docking points is a dangerous game with the yams so close. they should save this for the coming seasons.

On a serious note, there is a dirct link to the increase in domestic violence incidents to old firm matches. Would it make sense to donate any money from fines to these charities?

This would not only serve a decent cause but would surely highlight this problem and shame the tramps into changing their behaviour.

How can you punish two football clubs because some tosser decides to punch his missus 6 hours after the game and 10 miles away from Parkhead or Ibrox..?

Some people need a reality check.

sixtwo
10-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Should Hibs have gotten a £1m fine when Mixu and Walter Smith were about to go toe-to-toe at Ibrox a couple of seasons back?

How can you punish two football clubs because some tosser decides to punch his missus 6 hours after the game and 10 miles away from Parkhead or Ibrox..?

I was asking a question. Your answer is fair and valid, however, if there is a direct link with this game and domestic violence, is it not a good idea for the clubs to do something about it? Punishing them is perhaps incorrect but encuraging them to take responsibility seems fair. They are gonna be fined. instead of putting the fine money into the sfa coffers, use that money for education projects. Use that money for the clubs to publically state their repulsion for these acts of violence? use this money that they are being fined to fund adverts during the game to remind people that acts of domestic violence are disgusting

ballengeich
10-03-2011, 07:39 PM
A football banning order is the answer. If McCoist and Lennon both had to report to a police station whenever Rangers or Celtic are playing for the next 18 months they might behave better in future.:greengrin

Keith_M
11-03-2011, 07:00 AM

Antifa, I'm not sure he was being entirely serious about the fine (though I could be wrong).

Your second part, though, I'm not sure about. I agree it's wrong to punish someone for another persons behaviour but these people surely realise what a knock on effect their behaviour at games has. I'm not sure they could be charged with 'inciting to hatred' or anything but they really need to start taking some responsibility for their actions as well.

I really would support any steps that can be taken to stop it. Prefereably public flogging of the perpetrator, or chopping off their fingers (or something).

number 27
11-03-2011, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=Antifa Hibs;2755991]Should Hibs have gotten a £1m fine when Mixu and Walter Smith were about to go toe-to-toe at Ibrox a couple of seasons back?

No, but Smith should have been punished severely since it was him who charged into our dug out and created the whole situation.

heretoday
11-03-2011, 10:58 AM

Smith has a reputation as an articulate, deep thinking man. Over the years though I have detected that he never really says anything interesting. I imagine an hour or two in his company would soon reduce most people to screaming with boredom.

His time at the SFA was deadsville despite his appointment being seen as "a breath of fresh air etc etc".

And he sports a hair weave. How deep thinking is that?