PDA

View Full Version : Next season

CB_NO3
10-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Am looking forward to next season already. The fact that we are getting rid of the likes of Rankin and McBride and hopefully Nish (this is not a dig) is a sign of things moving forward. We also got rid of Hogg which was a good move. I have nothing against these guys and I will say thanks for the effort but they were just not upto it. It also looks like the board done well in parting with Yogi as he loved these guys. I also expect Hart, Thicot, Duffy and Murray to be away aswell as I dont think they are good enough. Murray's fitness levels have dropped alot and is obviously toiling. I think Towell will return to Celtic. I here Miller has been offered a new deal but is playing the waiting game. I personally would not offer him a new deal as he has been awful the last 6 months. He has picked up form over the last couple of games but am no sure if this is due to having better players round him, or the fact he is putting himself in the shop window. I would sign Dickoh on a longer deal, he has been our best player the last few weeks and looks as if him and Hanlon could strike a decent partnership. As for deeks I dont know the current situation so I aint going to guess on whats happening. I think Calderwood may think he is a luxury that we cant afford so may be happy to offload him.

If we can replace these guys with young, hungry players ill be happy for next season. I would be even happier if we could get Palsson signed up on a long term deal.

Anyone else any thoughts on next season?

Sammy7nil
10-03-2011, 06:44 PM
It should be an interesting close season.

I would like to see 3 new strikers Nish, Duffy both away, I dont think Sodje is a longterm solution he has done exactly what he was supposed to do get us out of bother, I hope we can get better next year.

Miller might be worth another year now he has fighters beside him but I think he will want more wonga, I would not pay him a lot.

I would hope we would try to sign Towell he may like playing in 1st team footie and if that is not on the cards anytime soon at CP he may ask to leave. (we can hope)

Deeks - I hope stays I think he will leave

Wotherspiniesta
10-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Am looking forward to next season already. The fact that we are getting rid of the likes of Rankin and McBride and hopefully Nish (this is not a dig) is a sign of things moving forward. We also got rid of Hogg which was a good move. I have nothing against these guys and I will say thanks for the effort but they were just not upto it. It also looks like the board done well in parting with Yogi as he loved these guys. I also expect Hart, Thicot, Duffy and Murray to be away aswell as I dont think they are good enough. Murray's fitness levels have dropped alot and is obviously toiling. I think Towell will return to Celtic. I here Miller has been offered a new deal but is playing the waiting game. I personally would not offer him a new deal as he has been awful the last 6 months. He has picked up form over the last couple of games but am no sure if this is due to having better players round him, or the fact he is putting himself in the shop window. I would sign Dickoh on a longer deal, he has been our best player the last few weeks and looks as if him and Hanlon could strike a decent partnership. As for deeks I dont know the current situation so I aint going to guess on whats happening. I think Calderwood may think he is a luxury that we cant afford so may be happy to offload him.

If we can replace these guys with young, hungry players ill be happy for next season. I would be even happier if we could get Poulson signed up on a long term deal.

Anyone else any thoughts on next season?

Ever seen fightclub?

"His name is Victor Palsson.....His name is Victor Palsson"

CB_NO3
10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Ever seen fightclub?

"His name is Victor Palsson.....His name is Victor Palsson"

What you on about. :na na:

Wotherspiniesta
10-03-2011, 07:27 PM
What you on about. :na na:

It's Palsson, No Poulsen.

Poulsen plays for Liverpool.

Palsson plays for Hibs.

And Robert Paulson has giant moobs and no testicles.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
With 4th place unacceptable these days, i expect 3rd place minimum and done without being lucky in ANY of the games. Anything other than that and i'd expect Calderwood to fall on his sword.

Removed
10-03-2011, 07:37 PM
It's Palsson, No Poulsen.

Poulsen plays for Liverpool.

Palsson plays for Hibs.

And Robert Paulson has giant moobs and no testicles.

Can we just get one thing straight here? It's Pallson!!!!! Not Pollson Not Poulson but Pallson. Likethe son of your Pal. Thank you.

:wink:

sixtwo
10-03-2011, 07:42 PM
op makes some good points although i'd like to keep murray and deeks.
These players have good quality and a passion for the club.
I agree with the miller point as well. I'd be happy if he stayed but would not be gutted if he left. He has undoubted talent but it has not always been on show for us. in fact, he hides in derbies and that annoys me!

I reckon the management team will pull out a few rabbits out the hat. I reckon they will attract a decent quality of player to hibs and we will be favourites for third (or whisper it, higher) next season. Lets face it, rangers are there for the taking!

R'Albin
10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Can we just get one thing straight here? It's Pallson!!!!! Not Pollson Not Poulson but Pallson. Likethe son of your Pal. Thank you.

It's friggin paulsson ffs. :greengrin

sixtwo
10-03-2011, 08:49 PM
It's friggin paulsson ffs. :greengrin

Pawelson prefers to be called scouser vic!:devil:

CB_NO3
10-03-2011, 08:51 PM
So how you spell his first name then? Is it Gušlaugur or Gušlaugure. :wink:

sixtwo
10-03-2011, 09:04 PM
So how you spell his first name then? Is it Gušlaugur or Gušlaugure. :wink:

paul

as in paul son

It's all foreign to me:confused:

jacomo
10-03-2011, 10:31 PM
With 4th place unacceptable these days, i expect 3rd place minimum and done without being lucky in ANY of the games. Anything other than that and i'd expect Calderwood to fall on his sword.

:violin:

This tune's got a bit boring.

James70
10-03-2011, 10:41 PM
We will certainly have to get off to a great start next season if there are going to be three teams relegated.

There are never any easy games for us in a 12 team league with only one being relegated and every team will be fighting even more for their top level status next season.

I would be interested to know if it will be a case of the bottom three(25% of the SPL) being relegated outright or if there will be play offs with the winners of the 1st division. Actually once you take the OF out of the equation as there is no chance of them going down it will be nearer a third(33%) of the teams facing relegation.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2011, 10:47 PM
:violin:

This tune's got a bit boring.

Why not have this :zzzzz!: then?

jacomo
10-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Why not have this :zzzzz!: then?

You're a known cure for insomnia right enough!

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
You're a known cure for insomnia right enough!

I'm glad i have my uses.

--------
11-03-2011, 11:11 AM

You are wrong.

His name is spelled P-A-L-S-S-O-N, one L, two S's, and with an acute accent over the A.

Spelled that way on the Hibs site, the Liverpool site, and on Wikipedia.

And it's spelled that way on every link I clicked on from the Wiki site.

(Sigh) :rolleyes:

I sometimes think there must be a parallel universe somewhere where a team called Hibbernian play, with players like Pallson, Witherspoon, Sodge, VazTez, and Towel playing for them.

And a back four of Dickov, Dichoh, Thicoh and Thickoh.

Not forgetting Riorden up front. :bitchy:

soproni1
11-03-2011, 11:44 AM
You are wrong.

His name is spelled P-A-L-S-S-O-N, one L, two S's, and with an acute accent over the A.

Spelled that way on the Hibs site, the Liverpool site, and on Wikipedia.

And it's spelled that way on every link I clicked on from the Wiki site.

(Sigh) :rolleyes:

I sometimes think there must be a parallel universe somewhere where a team called Hibbernian play, with players like Pallson, Witherspoon, Sodge, VazTez, and Towel playing for them.

And a back four of Dickov, Dichoh, Thicoh and Thickoh.

Not forgetting Riorden up front. :bitchy:

The 'pro-ev' universe?

Gatecrasher
11-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Putting all the name versions aside for one moment :wink:, I think we need to be careful and remember a lot of rebuilding still needs to be dont in our squad, there are going to be players arriving and leaving all the time. The Squad that CC puts together is going to need time to gel and learn each others game. While i hope we finish in the top 6 next season if we dont get off to a good start its important that we remain behind the team.

While CC has brought in some good players in january he wont get it 100% in his signings - no one does, not even the best managers get every signing right. I have faith in CC but the start of next season is still a rebuilding job IMO

pacorosssco
11-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Putting all the name versions aside for one moment :wink:, I think we need to be careful and remember a lot of rebuilding still needs to be dont in our squad, there are going to be players arriving and leaving all the time. The Squad that CC puts together is going to need time to gel and learn each others game. While i hope we finish in the top 6 next season if we dont get off to a good start its important that we remain behind the team.

While CC has brought in some good players in january he wont get it 100% in his signings - no one does, not even the best managers get every signing right. I have faith in CC but the start of next season is still a rebuilding job IMO

Ive not been a big fan of CC but I agree with this . He has signed well but will need to again. Hearts could be better next season and Aberdeen should improve. D. Utd could be weaker but we will still have a lot to do before we are aiming at 3rd.

Football will hopefully improve though