PDA

View Full Version : Hibs V Hamilton 17th April

Kojock
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Not seen this posted elsewhere.

Hibs V Hamilton has been moved to Sunday 17th April with a 12 midday KO as its live on ESPN.

WTF :confused:

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-03-2011, 07:33 PM
It was moved about a month ago at a time when it looked like it might have been relegation decider.

Removed
09-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Not seen this posted elsewhere.

Hibs V Hamilton has been moved to Sunday 17th April with a 12 midday KO as its live on ESPN.

WTF :confused:

:agree: mental

GTF satellite tv

Saorsa
09-03-2011, 07:46 PM
:agree: mental

GTF satellite tv:agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I'll be watching it in a boozer in Prague which is a wee Brucie!

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Ridiculous, no trains so its the tv for me it seems. :grr:

Golden Bear
10-03-2011, 11:17 AM
I wonder how much the Clubs get from ESPN for each game that is televised.?

For a game like this, we can only presume that it will be enough to compensate for the loss of potential gate income as I can't see a Sunday kick off v Hamilton holding much of an attraction to non season ticket holders.

spudhib
10-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Throw in parents going to kids football as non attendees as well.

Removed
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I wonder how much the Clubs get from ESPN for each game that is televised.?

For a game like this, we can only presume that it will be enough to compensate for the loss of potential gate income as I can't see a Sunday kick off v Hamilton holding much of an attraction to non season ticket holders.

I don't think we get any money to compensate. At the recent fans forum on league reconstruction RP said that all the money goes into the pot at the start of the season, 50% of it is split 12 ways and the other 50% is awarded based on final league positions.

The clubs at the beginning of the season must have to agree to have a number (?) of home games on TV as part of the TV deal in the first place.

JimBHibees
10-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Personally wonder if this game will go ahead at this time and date as if Hibs are in the running for a top 6 place I cant imagine Motherwell or ICT would be happy at us knowing exactly what we have to do in the last game before the split.

May not happen however it certainly wouldnt happen if it was a league decider or playing for a European spot.

Cammy
10-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Throw in parents going to kids football as non attendees as well.

This is also the last Hibs Kids game of the season.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110105/hibs-kids-day_2262950_2259074

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Should be a cracker, hopefully give the accies a comprehensive thumping

GloryGlory
10-03-2011, 12:08 PM
I don't think we get any money to compensate. At the recent fans forum on league reconstruction RP said that all the money goes into the pot at the start of the season, 50% of it is split 12 ways and the other 50% is awarded based on final league positions.

The clubs at the beginning of the season must have to agree to have a number (?) of home games on TV as part of the TV deal in the first place.

Excluding Rantic, of course!

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Should be a cracker, hopefully give the accies a comprehensive thumping

:greengrin Have you tried advertising, your talents are wasted here? :wink:

Removed
10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Excluding Rantic, of course!

:confused: I'm sure any team can't have more than 4 home games televised. Rantic will always beshow on the tv against each other as that is the basis of the deal plus the majority of their away games and then they may show the odd home game against us, the yams or the sheep to try and appear impartial

--------
10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Personally wonder if this game will go ahead at this time and date as if Hibs are in the running for a top 6 place I cant imagine Motherwell or ICT would be happy at us knowing exactly what we have to do in the last game before the split.

May not happen however it certainly wouldnt happen if it was a league decider or playing for a European spot.

Pain in the neck iof it does gone on then. Some of us are working that day.

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2011, 12:22 PM
:greengrin Have you tried advertising, your talents are wasted here? :wink:

Trying to remain positive and upbeat:wink:

Otherwise I would go off my nut

Bristolhibby
10-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Happy with this (old news BTW), as living in England I get to watch a resurgent Cabbage.

J

JimBHibees
10-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Pain in the neck iof it does gone on then. Some of us are working that day.

Yep awful time for a game.

EH6 Hibby
10-03-2011, 12:55 PM
:confused: I'm sure any team can't have more than 4 home games televised. Rantic will always beshow on the tv against each other as that is the basis of the deal plus the majority of their away games and then they may show the odd home game against us, the yams or the sheep to try and appear impartial

It has to be more than 4 games, we've had more than 4 already have we not? All our home games against the old firm and Hearts have been on tv so that's 4 right away and we still have at least another 2 to go, and I think we had a game against Aberdeen that was on tv, although I could be imagining that one. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
10-03-2011, 12:58 PM

If i remember right RP said they have to show 4 home games for each club anything more than that has to be with the home clubs permission. I suppose clubs will see the extra games as exposure to sell advertising etc

GloryGlory
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM

Apart from OF games, how often do you see the OF home games on telly? Compared to, say, Hibs or Hearts.

Removed
10-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Apart from OF games, how often do you see the OF home games on telly? Compared to, say, Hibs or Hearts.

No idea. I don't have sky or espn.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2011, 07:36 PM
No idea. I don't have sky or espn.

Me neither mate, i have a perfectly acceptable feed to watch any game these days without lining their pockets any further.

HNA8
10-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Guidelines are maximum four games at Ibrox or Parkhead, six games for everyone else. Hence why the only games in Glasgow that are on TV are the four OF games and maybe the odd game during the title run-in. The other teams have their three or four OF home games shown + derbies + the odd game here or there (eg Aberdeen v Hertz, St. Mirren v Hibs).

Hibs v Hamilton was picked because a) it looked like it would be a six pointer when it was picked and b) they probably have to show another game at ER and chose that one instead of waiting for after the split (ie if Hibs were in the top six then Hibs v Celtic after the split would have been shown).

erin go bragh
10-03-2011, 10:05 PM
It has to be more than 4 games, we've had more than 4 already have we not? All our home games against the old firm and Hearts have been on tv so that's 4 right away and we still have at least another 2 to go, and I think we had a game against Aberdeen that was on tv, although I could be imagining that one. :greengrin
cc first game was at the sheep,also live at the pbs and utd away , st mirren away too.
ggtth

Sir David Gray
10-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Hibs games on the TV this season;

Motherwell v Hibs
Hibs v Rangers
St Mirren v Hibs
Aberdeen v Hibs
Hibs v Hearts
Hearts v Hibs
Hibs v Celtic
Hibs v Rangers
Dundee Utd v Hibs
St Mirren v Hibs
Hibs v Hearts
Hibs v Hamilton

So, given that we'll have had six live games at home by the time the split occurs, what happens in the unlikely event that we make the top six, bearing in mind that we would be due to face Celtic at Easter Road?

Surely that game would be on the TV? :dunno:

frazeHFC
12-03-2011, 10:33 AM
I hate Sunday games. I wish every game was Saturday at 3pm.

TamHibs
12-03-2011, 10:40 AM
I think technically teams can now have 12 home games a season shown on tv - 6 on SKY & 6 on ESPN. I could be wrong though!

Diclonius
12-03-2011, 11:03 AM

It did last time IIRC, Motherwell got beat off St Mirren and we played Rangers the next day. There's no rule against it.