PDA

View Full Version : Sheep fans taunt Goodwillie

IWasThere2016
09-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Heard Goodwillie was ripped to bits by them. First two to tune of the Famine Song :grr: and the last 'sing when yer winning':

"You know she said no,
David Goodwillie, you know she said no"

"You should be in jail, David Goodwillie, you should be in jail"

"Score when she's sleeping, you only score when she's sleeping"

Informed word up here is the charges will be dropped.

bighairyfaeleith
09-03-2011, 06:19 AM
score when she's sleeping:thumbsup:

quality song, need to keep that in mind for the next DU game:greengrin

nae idea if he done it or not, but any excuse to wind the prick up!!!

HibeeMcGinn1
09-03-2011, 06:19 AM
The unfortunate thing is that even if the charges are dropped fans will still sing them anyway.

Ritchie
09-03-2011, 06:28 AM
The unfortunate thing is that even if the charges are dropped fans will still sing them anyway.

How's that unfortunate??

David teckledong is a lowlife ****bag who will no doubt end up in more trouble in the future.

bighairyfaeleith
09-03-2011, 06:29 AM

damn diddly I will:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2011, 07:09 AM

:agree: Stack still gets abuse from the Hearts fans - even though he was Not Guilty.

matty_f
09-03-2011, 07:13 AM
:agree: Stack still gets abuse from the Hearts fans - even though he was Not Guilty.

Same with Rix and Wee Airdrie Jambo.

Ah, hang on...

Kojock
09-03-2011, 08:29 AM

Zemmama got abuse from them as well and he didnt even do anything wrong. :confused:

Walter
09-03-2011, 08:53 AM
I must be missing something - what does Stack get abuse for?

bawheid
09-03-2011, 08:56 AM
How's that unfortunate??

David teckledong is a lowlife ****bag who will no doubt end up in more trouble in the future.

It's unfortunate because even though he may be a lowlife ****bag, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a rapist.

Killiehibbie
09-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I must be missing something - what does Stack get abuse for?
He picked up a burd one night and she shouted rape. He was found not guilty.

basehibby
09-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Heard Goodwillie was ripped to bits by them. First two to tune of the Famine Song :grr: and the last 'sing when yer winning':

"You know she said no,

"You should be in jail, David Goodwillie, you should be in jail"

"Score when she's sleeping, you only score when she's sleeping"

Informed word up here is the charges will be dropped.

It's actually the tune of "the Sloop John B" by the Beach Boys - surely there's nothing whatever incorrect about singing this tune UNLESS you are of course a drunken bigot singing about famines and stuff.

I reckon Goodwillie will get pelters for this for the rest of his career regardless of convictions or the lack thereof - remember Richard Gough's delightful ditty for example - football fans rarely need anything more than scurilous rumour as an excuse to mercilessly rip the pish out of an opposition player.

JE89
09-03-2011, 09:27 AM
How's that unfortunate??

Do you know him?

I'm sure he could make the same statement about you whilst he is scooping up probably 40k+ per year at the age of 21.

Allant1981
09-03-2011, 10:25 AM
What has his wage got to do with anything?

Sir David Gray
09-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Do you know him?

I'm sure he could make the same statement about you whilst he is scooping up probably 40k+ per year at the age of 21.

I don't know him personally, but with him coming from Stirling and myself from Falkirk, I do know one or two things about him and Ritchie's assessment isn't too far off the mark. Although if he is found not guilty then I would disagree with Ritchie that he somehow deserves to still get stick about it from fans.

Having said that, the guy is an absolute idiot who has clearly never learned from the various brushes with the law that he had when he was a teenager. He's 22 years old in a couple of weeks and it's high time that he grew up and realised the potential that he has in football.

I've got no idea if he is guilty of rape or not and I don't intend to second guess the outcome of his trial as it is such a serious allegation. I just hope, either way, that justice is done.

However, guilty or not, the fact that he is a total headcase is pretty much beyond doubt and I think it's only a matter of time before he finds himself in more bother. The rape allegation aside, he has been arrested many times before on drink related offences and also has two convictions for assault whilst out at nightclubs.

Which is a shame because he has shown over the past year or so that he has the talent to go quite a long way in the game.

With regards to the stick that he received from the Aberdeen fans, I personally think it's daft that Peter Houston has continued to play him and put him on show in such a public setting, whilst he faces this trial.

He has played 11 times for Dundee Utd since he was charged in the middle of January and since then he has only managed to score one goal. If you compare that record to the period leading up to his arrest and being charged when he managed to score 12 goals in 17 matches, it is clear that he has been affected by all that is going on and I just don't understand why Houston hasn't kept him away from the first team until all this has finished.

bawheid
09-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I don't know him personally, but with him coming from Stirling and myself from Falkirk, I do know one or two things about him and Ritchie's assessment isn't too far off the mark.

Derek Riordan is from Edinburgh and I'm from Edinburgh. I know one or two things about him. Most of it is probably pish though, because I don't know him and would be relying on 4th or 5th hand information, or internet tittle-tattle.

matty_f
09-03-2011, 11:01 AM
With the best will in the world, I wish we gave abuse to far more players on the opponents team than we currently do. I mind when I first started going to the football and there would be a decent number of targets in the opposition team for songs, most of which were highly defamatory!

I hope Goodwillie gets pelters at Easter Road next time United play, and I hope some of his team mates get it tight as well, because sometimes it puts players off their game.

We should make life as difficult for visiting teams as we can at Easter Road, and if that means making unfounded claims about folk and their sex lives, I can live with that!:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
09-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Wonder if any of the sheep got ejected for singing 'offensive' songs?

Dundee Utd are awful

Ritchie
09-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Do you know him?

didnt mean to offend you Mrs Teckledong :paranoid:

Judas Iscariot
09-03-2011, 11:27 AM
How's that unfortunate??

Exactly Scott..

Wee creep that he is!

allezsauzee
09-03-2011, 11:30 AM
very good player, we should get him signed in the summer

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Wonder if any of the sheep got ejected for singing 'offensive' songs?

Dundee Utd are awful

Alex Salmond's waiting until the trial to start (and end) before requesting a summit meeting with representatives to discuss this.

--------
09-03-2011, 12:29 PM
With the best will in the world, I wish we gave abuse to far more players on the opponents team than we currently do. I mind when I first started going to the football and there would be a decent number of targets in the opposition team for songs, most of which were highly defamatory!

I hope Goodwillie gets pelters at Easter Road next time United play, and I hope some of his team mates get it tight as well, because sometimes it puts players off their game.

We should make life as difficult for visiting teams as we can at Easter Road, and if that means making unfounded claims about folk and their sex lives, I can live with that!:greengrin

Living up to your avatar, matty? "Bollocks Spouter"?

If the club's trying to increase attendances and attract families and kids, it's not going to help if a section of the support turn the stadium into a cesspit of obscene and defamatory singing and chanting.

It's also certain to turn off a fair number of present attenders.

I really don't know why some folks seem to think that a football stadium should somehow be exempt from the same laws as the rest of the country.

Geo_1875
09-03-2011, 01:10 PM

If the club's trying to increase attendances and attract families and kids, it's not going to help if a section of the support turn the stadium into a cesspit of obscene and defamatory singing and chanting.

I really don't know why some folks seem to think that a football stadium should somehow be exempt from the same laws as the rest of the country.

Why not? It's perfectly acceptable behaviour at Parkhead and Ibrox. The complete inaction by Strathclyde Police proves that.

--------
09-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Why not? It's perfectly acceptable behaviour at Parkhead and Ibrox. The complete inaction by Strathclyde Police proves that.

Yeah, well I'd rather we tried to rise above the sewers inhabited by OF 'fans'.

matty_f
09-03-2011, 01:48 PM

All's fair in love and war, Doddie!!:greengrin

I'm not sure the stadium will turn into a cesspit of obscene and defamatory singing and chanting, when I first started going to games we gave plenty of opponents pelters, and it never put me off going, and it was nowhere near being a cesspit of obscenity, to be honest.

We sang 'Paul Hartley is gay' for most of one derby, and he was hopeless in that game, it really got to him. He's not gay, but if it meant he was less effective against us, then I'm all for us singing it in all honesty.

Hibernia Na Eir
09-03-2011, 01:56 PM
He may well get laughed at but the only dud on show the other night was the Dons G/K. Once again, pathetic :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Think we're being a big harsh on the lad. I mean, the lad's only done what lads have done since time began. I feel that, with constant patronisation, the lad might mature.

Removed
09-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Think we're being a big harsh on the lad. I mean, the lad's only done what lads have done since time began. I feel that, with constant patronisation, the lad might mature.

Who, Matty or Goodwillie? :dunno:

:greengrin

--------
09-03-2011, 02:09 PM

Like Duncan Disorderly did, you mean, Bob? :greengrin

Frazerbob
09-03-2011, 02:48 PM
He may well get laughed at but the only dud on show the other night was the Dons G/K. Once again, pathetic :greengrin

:agree: The back page headline in the Evening Express on Monday was......"Langfield Deserves Scotland Chance". A few hours later.............. :faf:

Frazerbob
09-03-2011, 02:49 PM

I haven't bottled anyone in a nightclub and I don't think most lads have either.

Allant1981
09-03-2011, 02:54 PM
I haven't bottled anyone in a nightclub and I don't think most lads have either.

Havent heard that one, when was this?

essexhibee
09-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Hilarious!

Great songs there by the dons fans, particulary liked also the "your just a hun with a whistle, hun with a whistle!" chant :greengrin:greengrin for the referee.

Goodwillie looks like complete arrogant ****, although there is innocent until proven guilty. :aok: But for the fact his heid is so far up his own arse? Well done the dons fans!! :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
09-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Great songs. :thumbsup:

Jones28
09-03-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't know him personally, but with him coming from Stirling and myself from Falkirk, I do know one or two things about him and Ritchie's assessment isn't too far off the mark. Although if he is found not guilty then I would disagree with Ritchie that he somehow deserves to still get stick about it from fans.

Having said that, the guy is an absolute idiot who has clearly never learned from the various brushes with the law that he had when he was a teenager. He's 22 years old in a couple of weeks and it's high time that he grew up and realised the potential that he has in football.

I've got no idea if he is guilty of rape or not and I don't intend to second guess the outcome of his trial as it is such a serious allegation. I just hope, either way, that justice is done.

However, guilty or not, the fact that he is a total headcase is pretty much beyond doubt and I think it's only a matter of time before he finds himself in more bother. The rape allegation aside, he has been arrested many times before on drink related offences and also has two convictions for assault whilst out at nightclubs.

Which is a shame because he has shown over the past year or so that he has the talent to go quite a long way in the game.

With regards to the stick that he received from the Aberdeen fans, I personally think it's daft that Peter Houston has continued to play him and put him on show in such a public setting, whilst he faces this trial.

He has played 11 times for Dundee Utd since he was charged in the middle of January and since then he has only managed to score one goal. If you compare that record to the period leading up to his arrest and being charged when he managed to score 12 goals in 17 matches, it is clear that he has been affected by all that is going on and I just don't understand why Houston hasn't kept him away from the first team until all this has finished.

Most obvious explanation would be that Dundee Utd dont have a replacement striker? They need goals if they are to keep pace with Killie for fourth spot.

hibeedonald
09-03-2011, 05:45 PM
i live on the same street as the nightclub where he knocked a rugby player clean out, although i heard the guy deserved it

Kojock
09-03-2011, 06:02 PM
I just don't understand why Houston hasn't kept him away from the first team until all this has finished.

I do, as much as I dislike the guy he is innocent until proven guilty. At this moment in time nothing has been proven and as such he is free to go about his daily business.

In my experience anyone charged with rape is held in Police custody to appear at court the next lawful day. On appearing at court the Sheriff can decide to remand the person in custody or release them on bail. In this case that has not happened and Goodwillie never appeared at court and was released on Police bail.

That’s the problem about naming rape suspects everybody hates them and they are instantly ostracised whether they are guilty or not.

If a woman made an allegation of rape against you, should you be removed from your work place and be subjected to abuse.

Barney McGrew
09-03-2011, 06:25 PM
"You know she said no,

That was sung by a sizeable section of our support when we were up at Tannadice a few weeks back

Allant1981
09-03-2011, 06:27 PM
i live on the same street as the nightclub where he knocked a rugby player clean out, although i heard the guy deserved it

I was in the med that night and seen it first hand, the big fella was trying to wind him up all night, was a healthy skelp he gave the guy

Tricla
09-03-2011, 06:32 PM
:hmmm:
I do, as much as I dislike the guy he is innocent until proven guilty. At this moment in time nothing has been proven and as such he is free to go about his daily business.

In my experience anyone charged with rape is held in Police custody to appear at court the next lawful day. On appearing at court the Sheriff can decide to remand the person in custody or release them on bail. In this case that has not happened and Goodwillie never appeared at court and was released on Police bail.

That’s the problem about naming rape suspects everybody hates them and they are instantly ostracised whether they are guilty or not.

If a woman made an allegation of rape against you, should you be removed from your work place and be subjected to abuse.

Bunter
09-03-2011, 07:04 PM
That was sung by a sizeable section of our support when we were up at Tannadice a few weeks back
:agree: What he said.

Greentinted
09-03-2011, 07:15 PM

Aye as much as he is a disagreeable person I'm in agreement here although the part in bold is one which is really only applicable to those who perform in front of an audience for a living - particularly when that audience is often moved to partiality. Its a wee bitty different for the rest of us.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Derek Riordan is from Edinburgh and I'm from Edinburgh. I know one or two things about him. Most of it is probably pish though, because I don't know him and would be relying on 4th or 5th hand information, or internet tittle-tattle.

I know one or two people who have come across Goodwillie over the past four or five years and it's certainly not just internet tittle-tattle.

It's not anything particularly sinister but he is most definitely a total fud.

Of course he is innocent until proven guilty. I wouldn't suggest that he be removed from the Dundee Utd side as a punishment. It would be more for his sake apart from anything else and I would just have thought that it would be better for Dundee Utd as a team if he was kept away from the firing line for a while.

Completely agree that rape suspects (as well as alleged child abusers) should remain anonymous until they are convicted.

IWasThere2016
09-03-2011, 09:12 PM

I didnae hear it! I was in front of cameras in the Hibs end too.

Hibs On Tour
10-03-2011, 01:36 PM

Perhaps because not all attenders agree that either these same laws aren't going too far? You can get lifted at the football for singing a song about a player being gay - can't in the street unless you're breaching the peace unless I'm mistaken. And damn it, there were plenty of wee ladies at games back in the days when you could sing anything you bloody wanted. Probably find that there are as many people turned off attending football by this PC stuff as folk that are turned off by the songs etc...

Sir David Gray
10-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Perhaps because not all attenders agree that either these same laws aren't going too far? You can get lifted at the football for singing a song about a player being gay - can't in the street unless you're breaching the peace unless I'm mistaken. And damn it, there were plenty of wee ladies at games back in the days when you could sing anything you bloody wanted. Probably find that there are as many people turned off attending football by this PC stuff as folk that are turned off by the songs etc...

If someone hears you singing that kind of song in the street and they report it to the police, saying that they were offended by your song, they would be obliged to arrest you for a hate crime.